MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Have u ever practiced magic spells or any other kind of occult activities?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Club Discussion »» MAL Magic Society »» Have u ever practiced magic spells or any other kind of occult activities?

Must be a Club Member to Reply
08-06-07, 7:35 AM

i have tried few times differ magic spells when i was teeny :S im not sure if it worked but then i do believe that magic is supposed to come bk 3 times. in my class at school they were calling me witch for awhile lol because i was reading alot of occult books, it was fun after all >.<

09-25-07, 10:36 PM

Nah. I don't really go in for that commercialized Wicca junk. I also don't consider anything you can buy in the teen section of Borders "occult," since occultism is pretty much about hidden knowledge, and really not just HIDDEN knowledge, but heretical knowledge as well. Even with the rise of this "pop occultism," a term which I think is an oxymoron, true occult knowledge (whatever that is) would never be mainstream.

11-01-07, 11:49 AM

Well, when I was a teen...like 13 or 14, I was reading wiccan books after school at borders(not in the teen section). I was way into it for awhile, but by no means can I say I am wiccan. If I had to be called anything it would be pagan, loosely put. I dont find any of that stuff to be "occult" though either. Its just another religion, wicca. I also dont believe in magic spells. Energy, auras, dreams/visions, the astral plains, etc, I do believe in. As far as the underground "occult" seen, well, Ive never seen it, though I know its there.

P.S.
I could go on and on about it....lol =)

05-20-08, 11:35 AM

Yes.

I agree with url elf (or is that url_elf? Or Jessica? Anyway, I agree with her.) Plus I think that magic, even more than just being interested in (i.e. amassing theoretical stuff) occult knowledge, can be related to heresy in that it's an act of daring. Of course, chanting sth you printed of the intawebz doesn't quite fit that bill. Then again, it makes up for it by being so funny. :D

03-11-09, 5:01 PM

The answer to this question depends entirely on whether or not I'm crazy. I'm going to go with "Yes, so no." "No, so yes" is also a potential answer.

However, I know nothing about most everything (though I suspect a great deal of things about many interesting things), and have no reason to assume I can do anything to anything or anyone, and if I could do anything, I probably would, which is a fine reason not to. I'd enjoy knowing something about some things, but then I might be able to do things, and I don't want to get what I want, as I don't want to be who I'd be if I expected to get what I wanted, so I shouldn't try to know things that could teach me to do things to things or people.

I'm quite pleased to imagine how it would work in fantasy, and have an enormous number of thoughts on the subject, but I don't think the question, as you asked it, is likely to be terribly interesting in this world--anytime soon, in any event.

10-02-10, 2:58 PM

Yes, I am a practiced witch actually.

01-23-11, 10:15 PM

url_elf said:
Nah. I don't really go in for that commercialized Wicca junk. I also don't consider anything you can buy in the teen section of Borders "occult," since occultism is pretty much about hidden knowledge, and really not just HIDDEN knowledge, but heretical knowledge as well. Even with the rise of this "pop occultism," a term which I think is an oxymoron, true occult knowledge (whatever that is) would never be mainstream.

You're perfectly right. However, SOME books are reliable, and in junk books, there is corrupted information that you can use if learn other things and languages

In my statement "SOME books are reliable", NONE OF THEM HAVE THE WORD "WICCA"

01-23-11, 10:24 PM

Before talking about magic, I'll talk about "Wicca Junk"

"Wicca" is a Witchcraft School based upon a male Witch named Gerald Gardner. As long English is Angle-Saxonic language, I'll have to use "male Witch" instead of "Sorcerer". Maybe "Enchanter" is good.

Gardner made some reinterpretations of many schools, including Stregheria, and created his own. The most known "news" about the "Wicca", was the famous "Threefold Law"
In order to guarantee anyone woudn't use powers to do as them please, Gardner stated that initiation would grant energy from designed entities. Those entities are closely related to Wicca and could barely be touched from outside it. They grant they energy, their "power", and youi commit to the Threefold Law. All you actions will return three times stronger: one as a woman, one as a Witch, and I forget the third. I could search Wikipedia or Google, but there is junk either

The "Return Law" is not a "Law": is an abstraction to the fact that, if you ask for fight, you'll probably get one. It is also some way to see "action-reaction" in Classical Mechanics, and the Karma writings of Eastern beliefs. The Threefold Law, however, is a real Law, as long you're supposedly initiated in the Wiccan School and received power from Goddess

01-23-11, 10:28 PM

If I did magic? Yes. I live in Brazil, we have contact with African Sorcery, like Voodoo, Mbanda and Kimbanda. Before any of you ask: it works. Before the other question: it works but not PERFECTLY. Besides, you can pay a high price depending upon what you did.

Those days I left Real World back to Anime World, and so I have a commitment with some entities I have to do. Even so, I won't perform this kind of sorcery anymore, because I turned girls into real sluts, even my masters saying that was their destinies

I answered your questions, so, if anyone read, I want to share knowledge. As Elf said: Junk is around, and we can just trust each other

Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices