Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 1, 2011 11:48 PM

Apr 2010
Sigh... seems I'll have to skip these episode topics if people are just going to be griping about every little thing being different. Its like people don't realize what a remake is... If you can't stand things being different, just go watch the original then.

Oct 1, 2011 11:51 PM

Oct 2010
I wish they continued where the OVA left off. I guess im going to have to wait a year for it to catch up. So i'll hold up watching it until it catches up with the OVA.
Oct 1, 2011 11:52 PM

Dec 2009
RyanSaotome said:

I understand that may bug you, but we're watching the remake, not the original version. Everything doesn't have to go the way the original version did. As I stated, if its important, they'll bring it up.. probably as a flashback since that makes more sense for pacing then beginning the series with a boring scene.

go watch episode 1 of the original or read chapter 1 of the manga the things they left out are of critical importance to the story it isnt something you can bring up later the events of chapter1 or ep 1 of the original anime will play a major role through out the story also they didnt even convey the type of person gon is in this remake. as of now he is nothing more than a 12 year old brat but in the original he is so much more
also the relationship between mito and gon was completely ignored which is the defining morals and type of character gon is
Oct 1, 2011 11:53 PM

Oct 2008
Over hyped much? Wasn't all that great.
Oct 1, 2011 11:55 PM

Dec 2009
RyanSaotome said:
Sigh... seems I'll have to skip these episode topics if people are just going to be griping about every little thing being different. Its like people don't realize what a remake is... If you can't stand things being different, just go watch the original then.

dude were not complaining over small stuff they left out major pieces of the plot.

IchigoMayo said:

thats because the manga and original were so much better thats why there was such a hype but they completely fumbled it. for you over hyped for us who follow the series its a betrayal
storm_king1Oct 2, 2011 12:00 AM
Oct 2, 2011 12:11 AM
Nov 2009
x5exotic said:
They f***King ruined it.....the music is SHIT...why? why can't they just keep the original score or make a similar one? f**** change..and where the hell is kaito? and why the f**k is the captain's assistant an idiot? he was a dick in the original anime,,he was the one picking on examiners having them kicked out...and the Big fish is red not blue >.< but i'm ok with that as long as they change the MUSIC

Totally agree. The music sucks hairy ass.
Oct 2, 2011 12:12 AM

Dec 2007
Echelon said:
Meddigo said:
WoofSadaharu said:
Meddigo said:
Fairy Tail never had supplanted HxH o_0

Quality-wise, of course not.

But let's face it, FT is much more popular than HxH as of now. But let us not get worried, FT will just die off now that the Big 3 candidate HxH is here.

Err? Look at the most recent rankings in Japan.

HxH with 900k+ copies sold and Fairy Tail with 400k+. More than double for Gon and Friends.

Um why are you looking at the total numbers, HxH is 8 years older than FT so of course the total is bigger. lol...

Did you hit your head really hard or something, or do you just not understand how these rankings work?

Fairy Tail vol. 28, which was released in August 2011, sold 400,000+ copies.
Hunter X Hunter vol. 29, which was released in July 2011, sold 900,000+ copies.

They are both almost equal as far as content goes. And with all the hiatus that Togashi has taken over the years, one can only assume that would cause him to lose readers.
Oct 2, 2011 12:14 AM

Aug 2008
memphis407 said:
RyanSaotome said:

dude were not complaining over small stuff they left out major pieces of the plot.
As Ryan said you don't know if it hasn't been left out yet, it could simply have been relocated.

IchigoMayo said:

thats because the manga and original were so much better thats why there was such a hype but they completely fumbled it. for you over hyped for us who follow the series its a betrayal
Lol no. If they had made it exactly the same as the original first episode with new animation even more people would be calling it average and over hyped.
Oct 2, 2011 12:25 AM

Nov 2007
Well you can't satisfy everyone. However, I personally really liked it!

It had a completely different feel than the first series, so I may really watch it now. The beginning episodes of the previous series were really quite bland, so I am very glad they just aimed for the most important parts. I know it may annoy some people because of that, but I don't miss them much.

I also am really satisfied with the music, on the contrary with the fans of the first series who posted here. The sweeping orchestral soundtrack was really pleasant to listen to. It's a very different style from the first series, but it's just as solid.
The animation was really pleasing to the eye as well.

The whole episode really brought to mind One Piece. Colorful, fun, adventurous. If that's the direction they go, I am more than happy to see where this alternate take ends up in.

CookieBunOct 2, 2011 12:44 AM
Oct 2, 2011 12:26 AM

May 2010
I remembered the original series but haven't finished.

But will keep track on this unless it gets bad.

Paul said:
Too awesome.

They're also the one who sang Kaiji S2 OP. Yeah, it's good. :D
Oct 2, 2011 12:30 AM
Nov 2009
I'm a dedicated fan of HxH, watched whole 92eps close to 10 times.

I feel like seiyuu they hired can't act. Mito-san's performance was abysmal. Kurapika is waaay too girly. I don't like Gon much either but he's ok. Leorio is the only one that plays well.

The soundtrack sucks as well. It's too classical like Beethoven and Bach it just doesn't fit. The original's soundtrack was unique, very adventurous and not a bit annoying, where the new ost is simply irritating.

I'm waiting in horror for Killua and Hisoka. Bad performances on their part could kill this anime for me completely.

My alltime favourite seiyuu performace is Kuroro. I'm just sad they're going to mess it up.

Anyway I now feel like re-watching the original.
Oct 2, 2011 12:55 AM

Jul 2009
memphis407 said:
RyanSaotome said:

I understand that may bug you, but we're watching the remake, not the original version. Everything doesn't have to go the way the original version did. As I stated, if its important, they'll bring it up.. probably as a flashback since that makes more sense for pacing then beginning the series with a boring scene.

go watch episode 1 of the original or read chapter 1 of the manga the things they left out are of critical importance to the story it isnt something you can bring up later the events of chapter1 or ep 1 of the original anime will play a major role through out the story also they didnt even convey the type of person gon is in this remake. as of now he is nothing more than a 12 year old brat but in the original he is so much more
also the relationship between mito and gon was completely ignored which is the defining morals and type of character gon is

Read this.

But wait that is not all, details of the structure of the adaptation have also been announced. In particular it has been revealed that Kite, the Hunter who inspires Gon to become a Hunter in chapter 1 of the Manga shall not appear until later on in the anime, in order to lessen the gap between his first appearance and reappearance during the Chimera Ants arc.

That's actually very smart of them, well if this source I just posted is telling the truth.
Oct 2, 2011 1:12 AM
Oct 2009
This guy nail why the first episode was a dissapointment for viewers of the original series:

"[Hunter X Hunter Reboot 1]

I can't really recommend this to anyone. Not because it's bad, but because it's very...'eh'.

If you are already familiar with the original series, you may be happy to see the show move past a lot of the introduction stuff and into main arc as quickly as possible. But if you've already seen the original I don't see this as being much better, in terms or art, animation, detail choreography etc. It has that cheap, modern, low-detail look that isn't very appealing. So this isn't a FMA: Brotherhood situation where at least it looks great.

If you're one of those people who has not seen the show before I really wouldn't recommend watching this version, unless you can't sit still for three minutes without having something happening.

This reboot compressed the events of the first three episodes into a single piece (with some changes and alterations, obviously). I don't really like that, at all. The pacing of the events, the character interactions and development, important and weighty choices...they are all gone or severely reduced. For example, in the original, Gon's mother doesn't want him to go take the Hunter exam. There's some family tension that lasts two episodes - in this version it's a few lines. That's it. You can't make us care about all this in two lines, there's no time for anything to develop. That really kills the whole scene for me, and robs it of any impact.

I really think the original shows pacing, which focused on letting events unfold naturally. The actual direction is very...unremarkable as well. Scenes exist and connect, but nothing interesting is being produced.

I would recommend checking out Hunter X Hunter Orginal 1-3 and see if you prefer that version."
Oct 2, 2011 1:13 AM

May 2009
Its rushed, cuz they expect you've seen the original.
Though, the opening and ending DOESNT FIT HXH AT ALL. Not that its bad.
But still i'm looking forward to the next episodes, anime of 2011 tottally.

You guys need to learn what a remake is lol.
ShoryuukenOct 2, 2011 1:44 AM
Oct 2, 2011 1:42 AM

Dec 2009
WoofSadaharu said:
memphis407 said:
RyanSaotome said:

Read this.

But wait that is not all, details of the structure of the adaptation have also been announced. In particular it has been revealed that Kite, the Hunter who inspires Gon to become a Hunter in chapter 1 of the Manga shall not appear until later on in the anime, in order to lessen the gap between his first appearance and reappearance during the Chimera Ants arc.

That's actually very smart of them, well if this source I just posted is telling the truth.

ok if that is how they do it then ok ill live with that as long as it follows the manga pretty closely and doesnt end up like bleach or naruto where its mostly fillers
now im worried about the less gore and and cause Killua in the manga and original anime was sick i hope they leave the part where he rips out a beating heart out of some one
also with Hisoka how much will it change cause i really liked his perverted blood lust for gon cause it was so creepy
Oct 2, 2011 1:44 AM

Sep 2010
>mfw Miyuki Sawashiro
When Gon jumped off the ship, they should have made him do some twirls and what not to fit the music.
Dat ED; it's a first.
Oct 2, 2011 1:46 AM

Apr 2010
Keilis said:
This really makes me miss the BGM of the original. And the pacing. And the OP. I swear we were just flying through the story.

Same, I loved the original OP Ohayou and also felt the pacing was a bit too fast. Though it's great to say the old crew again; back in lovely v. bright colours =p

Oct 2, 2011 1:56 AM

Jun 2011
I think they kind of rushed a bit on episode 1, but still overrall this episode was good.
Happy to have HXH back :3
Oct 2, 2011 2:07 AM

Feb 2010
it's a reebot so i'm not suprised that they rushing through the earlie stages of the plot they proably continue until greed arc.
Oct 2, 2011 2:13 AM

Dec 2007
It's awesome to be watching Hunter x Hunter again, good first episode. The ED however does not fit at all.
[color=#3399CC]All credit goes to Daika-san.
[/color]
Oct 2, 2011 2:27 AM

Dec 2009
i just watched it again and the caption's nose is so funny looking it looks like a clown nose
Oct 2, 2011 2:30 AM

Jan 2011
I see someone posted the ED, how about the OP? It's nice too.
Though I still like "Ohayou" more. But as for the OP's animation, I liked it better than the "Ohayou" one.

Oct 2, 2011 2:33 AM

Feb 2008
Just wondering why the fuck skipped Kaito. Really, it was because of him "that" happened in the manga, so I'm really puzzled as to why they didn't include him.
Also, it seems like they fused the first 3 episodes into this 1st one, also don't get why. I think the pacing of the original was actually quite good.
The voices also need to grow on me, Gon's was actually the only one that I ended up liking right away (as it was the one that felt closer to the original), Kurapica's was eh, and Leorio was just lol (FujiKei as Leorio, really?).

But this was still a really nice start, and I'm really looking forward for more :)
Oct 2, 2011 2:33 AM

Oct 2008
I liked it. Fast paced, with very good animation. Gon still annoys me, but that's nothing new.
Oct 2, 2011 2:35 AM

May 2010
animation is nice but the music and character voices suck.
Oct 2, 2011 2:47 AM

Jul 2011
Woot! Like everyone else said, I think they shouldnt have skipped the Gon X Kaito back story, but I'm guessing they may show a random flashback. Anywho cant wait for more episodes
Oct 2, 2011 3:15 AM

Mar 2011
So far, it's pretty good but the music (BGM, ED) isn't as good as the original. Hope they improve it along the way :) Glad HxH is back, can't wait to see Killua
Oct 2, 2011 3:20 AM

Aug 2009
Your complains concerning bgm are slightly biased, because they've merely used 3 or 4 songs in this episode.
Oct 2, 2011 3:22 AM
Feb 2011
i enjoyed this episode but the fast paced is a little off putting also they took the fact that gon has a tree growing out of his house also the episode made you feel as if he got on the boat strait from whale island.
cant wait to see the comparisons with the original and i hope they dont turn it into a small 26 epsiode anime i would prefer it to be atleast 50 episodes + like the original being 66 episodes
Oct 2, 2011 3:34 AM

May 2010
My impressions/reactions (because I couldn't form proper sentences while watching this):

typical shounen OP, characters running & birds flying. not really as cool as Ohayou

Nice BGMs, it really feels like I'm watching an adventure anime

Gon is probably the only character who could make fishing this exciting (and badass)

Mito looks young yet sounds old bahahaha

Well, no bears and wild friends and Kaito here

Wow, Kurapika & Leorio were introduced here already

Cute half-time eyecatch :D

So it's not contact lens? D: I prefer Kurapika's blue (sometimes green) eyes in the original

Eugh. WTF is this ED? Did we suddenly change to Death Note?

Even though they squeezed 3 episodes here and change a lot of (minor) details overall a great start for something that I've seen already. Gon meeting up with Kaito is really important but let's see how Madhouse will work on that.
Oct 2, 2011 3:38 AM

Jul 2010
Well first of all, i enjoyed this episode i guess. The main thing was I think they increased the pacing a bit too much and skipped some vital details like Gon's attachment to nature and animals. Well, since i'm used to the original, the voices seem to bug me a little, hopefully it'll wear off soon... I hope the next ep will slow down the pace alittle tho.
Oct 2, 2011 3:43 AM

Apr 2008
too fast, cheap art, it's still early but I didn't like the BGM, the ED was awesome but you got to admit that the original ED fits the show better, is it me or does the remake look more kawaii/childish than the original one?
but still I'm happy to see the crew again.
Oct 2, 2011 3:44 AM

Feb 2010
I prefer this version. It is fast-paced (or moderately IMO) and it doesn't have lots of fillers. Though, I watched the older anime on TV and it was a long time ago so I think I couldn't compare this with the first one. HxH will probably catch up with the big three.
Oct 2, 2011 3:49 AM

Jun 2008
Lol it's a lot different than the original
Oct 2, 2011 3:50 AM

Dec 2007
I'll say it again. The first series was almost completely devoid of fillers. Except for an extra added mission during the Hunter Exam, almost everything was taken literally verbatim from the manga (though certain violent scenes were made a bit more tame iirc).

It's fine to say that you prefer the brisker pace, but do not say that you prefer the new series because it has less filler. Everything in the original series was something that Togashi himself deemed important enough to draw.
MeddigoOct 2, 2011 4:00 AM
Oct 2, 2011 4:03 AM

Jan 2010
I.. didn't like it. At all.
Oct 2, 2011 4:19 AM

Mar 2009
Prefer the original but yay I get to see Kurapika all over again <3 and I'm surprised by how much I loved the voices, I thought I'd hate it. And the ending is love! That band seems to be becoming one of my faves. :)

{{ TCO }} {{ ACP }} {{ TSC }} {{ LAC }}
Oct 2, 2011 4:35 AM

Aug 2009
It was kinda rushed compared to the original, but I like it. I wanna see them animate the next arc after the OVA's were finished (:
Oct 2, 2011 4:47 AM

Apr 2008
it was a good remake... but i m definitely sad abt gon's seiyuu... i still find tt junko gives him more of the child's voice and as well as personality.. they did change a bit :< *sadden*

they all gives off a different aura except for Leorio...

i hope they does a bit of the flashback too and...

BGM doesnt suit much, it is not as good as the old one...

but but but they made gon really cute in this!

ii will have to view this as a total new show... (but it is hard for me T_T i was a fan of the old HxH*
kurapica365Oct 2, 2011 4:56 AM
Oct 2, 2011 4:54 AM

Mar 2011
As expected from Madhouse, the animation was great. But where is Kaito? The animators forgot him.

Oct 2, 2011 4:55 AM

Nov 2007
The pacing is off, yea... I don't have too big of a problem with that, as long as it doesn't continue at this rate. However the BGM ruined a few scenes for me, it is honestly one of the worst I've heard or rather what we got so far was used very poorly. Oh well, here's hoping it improves.
Oct 2, 2011 5:07 AM

Dec 2009
can i watch this without watchin the old season>?
Oct 2, 2011 5:20 AM
Dec 2010
Bleachway said:
can i watch this without watchin the old season>?

It;s a remake. No need to see the original unless your curious
Oct 2, 2011 5:21 AM

Dec 2010
The pace is lulzy but I didn't mind.
The VA change doesn't bother me also, though Mito was a bit of a wat.
And I totally love the OP/ED.
Oct 2, 2011 5:30 AM
Dec 2010
The poll needs a "Loathed it more than just about anything" button I'd probably break it. I won't really go into details but I will say this much, to those who think this is a good thing and worth watching. Go watch the first 3 episodes of the original and then immediately watch this first ep of the remake and tell me you think this will do service to the original or anything even related to it.
Oct 2, 2011 5:49 AM

Apr 2008
I have to say episode 1 is pretty weak.

Oct 2, 2011 5:58 AM
Apr 2011
paleale said:
x5exotic said:
They f***King ruined it.....the music is SHIT...why? why can't they just keep the original score or make a similar one? f**** change..and where the hell is kaito? and why the f**k is the captain's assistant an idiot? he was a dick in the original anime,,he was the one picking on examiners having them kicked out...and the Big fish is red not blue >.< but i'm ok with that as long as they change the MUSIC

Totally agree. The music sucks hairy ass.

OP and ED song is typical from mad house, but BGM totally ruin the show.
And yeah... where is kaito? i think that important scene
Oct 2, 2011 5:58 AM

Aug 2010
i actually liked the BGM but some timings are a bit off >_>; anyone know how long this series is supposed to last? the fast pace is bothering me a bit
although i stopped mid way of the original series, I think ill give this another go
all in all it seems pretty decent for a remake and shonen lol
Oct 2, 2011 6:29 AM
Oct 2009
xxSagaraxx said:
It's awesome to be watching Hunter x Hunter again, good first episode. The ED however does not fit at all.

The one you should thank all those koreans in the credits who animated this.
Oct 2, 2011 6:32 AM
Nov 2009
Just finished watching the first episodE! and it was great tho I did think the Kaito part was great. Mito's voice was a bit old than what she looks like for me.
Though I love leorio here tho ( im not much of a fan of leorio's during the first HxH anime but I love him here)
Yeah, Gon is cuter here but it takes a lot of getting used to with all the new seiyuus and stuff
i love the fast pace (just like how FMA brotherhood was)
I can't wait to see Killua's appearance!
He's my favorite HXH character. I hope they don't ruin killua coz i loved him in the previous anime!
Tho i still loved ohayou opening song... but the music is pretty decent... :-) no complaints
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

60 by kihel »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Yesterday, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Yesterday, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.