Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Apr 21, 2015 2:28 PM
Apr 2015
better than the first series

Tomoyo is easily best girl
Why Tomoya choose the annoying Nagisa in the main series is beyond me
Apr 21, 2015 2:33 PM

Jul 2014
FanEu said:

Because Nagisa is the main girl , her route is the true end for clannad..

anyway from my point of view tomoyo's arc was quite shitty nagisa's story was better although kotomi and kyou's are much better and kyou is easily the best girl
Apr 21, 2015 3:48 PM
Apr 2015
Karin-Covenant said:
FanEu said:

Because Nagisa is the main girl , her route is the true end for clannad..

anyway from my point of view tomoyo's arc was quite shitty nagisa's story was better although kotomi and kyou's are much better and kyou is easily the best girl

yeah I know and its a shame she didn't deserve to be the main girl
Kyou is good too I don't care for Kotomi though
Jun 8, 2015 12:52 AM

May 2015
Well Tomoya got farther with Tomoyo in one episode than we ever saw with Nagisa. I also enjoyed this episode more than I think the rest of Clannad. Tomoyo was the best girl. Tomoyo x Tomoya. 8/10.
Jun 20, 2015 10:19 AM

Mar 2015
The best episode of the whole series. I like this what if situation. Now if you excuse me, I'm going on Tomoyo route for the VN game.

Jun 26, 2015 7:52 AM
Jan 2015
Truly amazing.

There are no words good enough for describing It. Simply, just, amazing. A Masterpiece of OVA. I couldn't stop crying of how perfect it was.
Jul 6, 2015 9:16 AM

Jan 2014
lostty said:
As much as it pains me to see Tomoya with Tomoyo instead of Nagisa, I still really enjoyed it.
:(
Aug 19, 2015 1:20 AM

Feb 2013
Fucking beautiful.
Tomoyo is best girl definitely
Emotions swirling
Tomoyo using the intercom was hilarious
And that end.. that symbolism
Tomoya no longer bound, now he can go where Tomoyo can go

But that four eyes guy.. i seriously wanna jab his eyes out.
Aug 21, 2015 11:25 AM

Aug 2015
Emotion overdose - left me shiverig in tears. Got to be one of my favorite endings ever!
Aug 26, 2015 3:25 AM

Mar 2015
One of the most beautiful episode ever. I really really loved this episode.
Tomoya X Tomoyo ship is way much or hundred times better than the Tomoya X Nagisa ship.
I feel really sorry for Nagisa but Tomoyo has good compatibility with Tomoya. Im looking forward to the Kyou Arc because Kyou is the best girl in Clannad.

Everything about this episode is so beautiful but Angel beats is still the champion when it comes to feels TT o TT
Sep 6, 2015 10:53 AM

Oct 2013
I think I may have actually cried more this time than the first two times I watched it. Details in the dialogue and story that deepen their relationship stood out to me as they didn't before. I thought previously the progression of the story was weak but the end more than made up for it, but I was wrong. The execution is honestly perfect.

Furthermore, I related to it and felt it even more because several elements of their relationship reminded me of my girlfriend me. ;-; Tomoyo is so much more ambitious and responsible than Tomoya, but she couldn't see it, couldn't see how he held her back. "Thank you for going out with a girl like me."

so beautiful :'(

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 30, 2016 9:53 AM

Jul 2015
I loved Tomoyo most from all characters and imagine my happiness when I realized there's special with her!
Feb 16, 2016 2:03 AM

Nov 2015
Awesome , amazing, grand episode!!! I liked it sooooo hard because I like Tomoyo so much! I was disappointed that she does not get much screen time. Thus this episode made me happy!

And Tomoyo looked much more prettier here. I think Clannad animation started to improve since last few episodes.

HAHA! I could not believe that black head was cutie Sonohara! <3 I think originally his hair is black .

And the snow scene was really adorable with the beautiful animation.

I give this episode 9/10 ^^
Mar 7, 2016 7:29 PM

Jul 2013
Now THAT was an ending. Tomoyo isn't even my favorite girl (that would be Kyou). But this ending had everything the other ending didn't have. It felt like Clannad is supposed to feel.

10/10. I'd have given Clannad 10/10 had it ended this way.
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Mar 14, 2016 11:26 PM

Jan 2016
i didn't care for Tomoyo on the show, But in this OVA she was great!
This OVA is even better than the Kyou one.
Now i know why people wanted Tomoya to end up with Tomoyo lol.

8/10
Mar 15, 2016 12:01 AM

Apr 2015
Better than Tomoya and Nagisa imo...

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Apr 14, 2016 10:07 AM

Jul 2013
Working at the recycle....why don't you make the best decisions of your life and recycle yourself you piece of trash.
May 14, 2016 5:02 PM

Oct 2012
What's it with KyoAni that it's unable to show a kiss? It was Nagisa before and now Tomoyo... The reason they were scolded by director in the beginning was because they kissed in the class and was found out. I thought that if they are doing alternative they would go with it but it seems I was wrong.

Anyway, it was great episode otherwise, one of the best in whole first season of Clannad in fact.. The feels were all over the place and they managed to do the last scene pretty well. Shame it wasn't bit longer as transition from breakup to graduation felt almost too fast (it was several hours of suffering in the novel). It worked for me because I played the VN but it may not work for people who are only watching the anime as it really takes some time for feeling to grow on you.

Anyone interested in Tomoyo should just play Tomoyo After, it's great continuation of her route from this point onwards (with Tomoya and Tomoyo living with each other and him being employed at recycling repair center), it's even better that most of the Clannad.
May 14, 2016 5:17 PM

Oct 2012
NOFUCO said:
yeah I know and its a shame she (Nagisa) didn't deserve to be the main girl. Kyou is good too I don't care for Kotomi though

You have to watch Afterstory to realize that Nagisa is Tomoya's kindred soul, and that they are complementing each other in a way other pairings couldn't.

- Tomoyo is the best girl (and most of the people likes her the most), she has brains and athletically gifted, and she's very likeable.
- Kyou has the same personality as Tomoya, she's basically him, and therefore they understand each other pretty well.
- Kotomi plays her role of true and close friend and it's someone who makes Tomoya's past.

But Nagisa is neither of this. Instead, she is the only one who drives Tomoya's change and that's why she is the main girl.
May 18, 2016 7:32 AM

Mar 2014
The Alternative World : TomoyoxTomoya <3 . "Love crosses Boundaries ."
Wonderful OVA !!! Such a great love story , with romance and drama nicely done.
AnimeLaver01May 18, 2016 7:36 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 27, 2016 4:14 AM

Apr 2014
I cried... That was pure love man!.

Difference between a delinquent and an Ace is huge. But if they can love each other . it would truly be a dream come true..... That. Or maybe I feel Attached to her character that I thought this would be bad . at 1st I thought She was wasting her time with some low level school boy... .. Anyway 9/10 would Cry again.
Front Hooks...Oh yeah...
Oct 1, 2016 7:26 AM

Nov 2014
this really felt like watching a short movie instead of an OVA episode. the human problems were very realistic and fit the characters from the main series very well. I felt miserable for both of them; very bittersweet.
Feb 20, 2017 7:49 AM
Jan 2016
WOOOOOOOW JUST WOOOOOW
THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL
I didn't watch the main series but this ova makes me so excited about watching Clannad
This OVA reflects the universe of Clannad and the feels expected from it
Love drama break up and make up were in this episode
The soundtrack was just beautiful loved the ending song
The animation, the face expression and especially the eyes in the kissing scene, the break up and make up scene were GORGEOUS
That hug at the end was the highlight of this OVA
Mar 22, 2017 6:22 AM

May 2016
Damn the ship has sailed T-T I wish that Tomoyo was the heroine for this anime.
May 21, 2017 1:24 PM

Jul 2013
Too rushed. All of a sudden they're already dating, I couldn't get invested in their relationship. How do they fall for each other? What part of each other, or of their relationship in general, that's so important for them, that they're willing to go lengths for it? Tomoyo has to downgrade herself, and Tomoya has to end up being the 'lesser' guy who holds back his partner, is it really worth it? Ntm both Tomoya and Tomoyo feel kinda different than their characters in the main series, so I need to reconnect to this Tomoya and Tomoyo, but it's hard because there's simply lack of characterization.

Overall Tomoyo x Tomoya does have interesting dynamic, if they have enough time to develop it this could've turn into some real good stuff. Alas this way it simply lacks depth and feels lackluster in general. I did enjoy the execution tho, but I think only Tomoyofags could really appreciate it.
bossmamaJun 30, 2017 11:48 AM
Jun 15, 2017 5:44 AM

Apr 2014
It was so depressing to watch, but ending was pure magic.
Jul 15, 2017 3:18 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
What an episode this was! Even better than the first series itself, in my opinion. Easy 9/10 since it was a little too rushed but wonderful nonetheless.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 12, 2017 7:19 AM

Jul 2015
I'm not too big on both this and the Kyou episode, but it was still enjoyable.
Aug 13, 2017 5:21 AM

Nov 2016
This was a good episode. About the same as the first season. 7/10. Nagisa is still the only girl for Tomoya though, no questions.
Oct 23, 2017 11:58 PM
Aug 2014
Up until the end, I have never seen such a miserable (emotionally) alternate timeline.

8/10
Nov 4, 2017 9:08 AM

Feb 2012
That Engrish from Megane

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Dec 6, 2017 11:05 AM

Jul 2016
It was really nice. It feel like everything was a bit cramped, though. As if you took Clannad and put it all in a 24 minute episode. But still, Tomoyo/a's relationship is settled on a great concept (a delinquent and a hardworking, overthetop, genius love each other), the plot felt really well built and can only make me even more hyped for After Story.

And no, I still don't think Tomoyo x Tomoya is the superior ship.

8/10
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Feb 10, 2018 7:39 AM

May 2017
I feel like this is a good OVA. I don't usually watch OVA's but it been a while since I watched Clannad & After Story and I felt like witnessing that same magic again.

It's just good (7) not as good as the show because it's an episode long OVA about a whole different relationship which is a problem within itself. It feels rushed, like a few episodes crammed into one. This is why emotions didn't feel as real as they did in the show.

This OVA assured me that Tomoya and Nagisa are a better match. Tomoyo didn't stand for him at all and didn't even try to get back with him, which I think doesn't quite fit her bold character.

Still it has the same unique warmth that Clannad has, so it's all good.
Feb 10, 2018 8:17 AM

Mar 2010
don't get why this post supently surfted, but yeah, I really liked Tomoyo's ova though the only girl really needing saving is Nagisa but I really like Tomoyo
Feb 10, 2018 10:04 PM

Oct 2017
This was much better than the first season of Clannad, wtf. Tomoyo should have been the main hero, damm the wasted potential
Mar 10, 2018 12:15 PM
Feb 2014
What I liked most about this was how Tomoyo achieved her full potential. Okazaki was being self-less, and Tomoyo made the most of his sacrifice. And in the end, she came back to pay him back for it. It was simple, but nice. She didn't waste her life with grief or anything, and Okazaki made the most of his life while Tomoyo was gone too. If he had failed in graduating, Tomoyo wouldn't have wanted him back I'd imagine. The whole arc was logical and well-written
Mar 21, 2018 7:36 PM
Jun 2017
Tomoyo x tomoya is also a great pair and its shown in this OVa. Its all about the differences between the two that made them seperate for a while. But in the end they still choose each other back!!! How 😍😍😍 that is.

*it just show that no matter how your status is when in terms to love..
Apr 13, 2018 12:36 AM
Dec 2017
I'm sure this has been said before, but they should have done this with all the girls. Each girl should have been given their own episode like this, so that the audience could've seen how things would've ended up with each of them.
Sep 16, 2018 6:34 PM
Apr 2018
Oh well, Tomoyo deserved more attention: I have always felt her arc during Clannad was the weakest of the five girls.
Oct 16, 2018 2:38 PM

May 2013
I am honestly quite confused as to how this single OVA managed to dial in the emotions and buildup in the right combination, as opposed to the entirety of the snooze-fest of 23 episodes. Tomoyo seemed rather likeable in just this one episode, which baffled me.

I would have preferred to see a similar level of chemistry between Tomoya and Nagisa during the first season. (only seen that much of Clannad for now).

~After Story~ changed my opinion. :D
KreatorXOct 17, 2018 2:58 PM
Truly a Divine Comedy
Jan 5, 2019 2:07 AM

Feb 2017
I'm glad the bear costume made an appearance.
Jan 13, 2019 4:29 AM
Dec 2016
Felt a little bit weird because Tomoya's gf is Tomoyo instead of Nagisa.
BUT HOLY FUCK THAT WAS REALLY GREAT. I feel the Byousoku 5 cm's vibes while watching this.
9/10
IMNOTPOLANDJan 19, 2019 10:04 AM
May 8, 2019 12:36 PM

Aug 2017
I really loved this episode to be honest. I never gave much thought to Tomoyo, but she and Okazaki actually made wonderful couple. It was sad to see a world without Nagisa though. Well it certainly wasn't a 'perfect' world. It was harsh to see Okazaki get the blame for everything that went wrong with Tomoyo and her student council. I loved the ending though, their feelings were real and honest and it hit me pretty well :)
eryn-chanMay 9, 2019 12:05 PM
Jul 25, 2019 3:34 PM
Apr 2016
Well, Tomoya's life sure would be a lot harder if he ended up with Sakagami. However, this conclusion seems nice as well.
Aug 22, 2019 5:03 AM

May 2018
Obviously the best episode of Clannad, imagine fitting all Clannad feels into one episode. This is good that I was stuck at the ending looking at the fin screen, it makes me happy and sad in just a single episode.

Sep 20, 2019 8:51 AM
Jan 2017
its quite fine fr drama and slice of life .. but i feel quite boring for this and the ending is ok tomoya and nagisa was doing tue date with help from sunohara sister.. 6/10
Sep 29, 2019 3:13 PM

Feb 2017
Sigh...

Could've been so much better if the episode had just left them alone instead of feeling the need to drive them apart for bullshit reasons
𝘼 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙡 𝙙𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙖 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙗𝙤𝙙𝙮
Nov 27, 2019 8:22 AM
Nov 2019
this anime teaching us about people always watch outside thing but not the insides and if you really love that person never let go!!!! ps.hope pew make a review about it
Dec 13, 2019 7:45 PM

Oct 2019
This is surprisingly pretty good.
Feb 25, 2020 7:51 PM

Jul 2016
Is it just me or Tomoya is dumber in this route?... To be so affected because of some words a random megane guy tells you instead of clear things up with your girlfriend from the beginning...
And if you are so worry about how people see your girlfriend when she's with you, instead of going full emo, just prove them wrong by being more competent/determined with your future/studies and that's it.

Honestly, I'm not sure if it was due to just having 24 minutes to compress hours of game-play but man, this OVA felt exaggeratedly dramatic and rushed. Everyone blaming Tomoya for damaging Tomoyo's image was simply absurd (especially considering that the so called "delinquent" just likes to oversleep) and the way how they both gave up so easily about their relationship didn't look much in-character if you ask me.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

» Clannad Visual Novel - Tomoyo After ~ It's a wonderful Life

SHUVO - Jul 16, 2014

3 by os172 »»
Feb 20, 2022 10:26 AM

» is it in a different world

veeny9 - Jul 8, 2021

9 by chiisanatenohira »»
Aug 29, 2021 1:49 PM

» Youhei Sunohara's spinoff with Tomoyo sakagami

mr_lucifer19_ - Feb 18, 2021

1 by RandomGuyScott »»
Feb 18, 2021 5:50 AM

» Dreams Do Come True

Faust721 - Mar 31, 2008

27 by TheNamelessGuy »»
Aug 6, 2020 7:41 AM

» Clannad Tomoyo Edition OVA - Trailer ( 1 2 )

Nozila - Jun 6, 2008

92 by jazmin_s »»
Sep 18, 2008 7:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.