Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Sep 7, 2012 12:56 PM

Aug 2012
This was an awesome episode. I loved it. Tomoya looks good with any girl....he looked so cool and more mature in this episode. The ending had me in tears and prefer this over the Kyou chapter. Tomoya Okazaki is such a fantastic anime character I don't mind him with any girl even though Nagisa will be my first choice for him as she gives him the unconditional love that he needs and he gives her the encouragement and strength she needs. They complement each other!!
A house is made from bricks and stones but a home is made from love alone!
Sep 10, 2012 5:18 PM

Jul 2012
That was good. Reminded me kinda of 5cm per sec, but with a Clannad touch.

Anyways, 4/5 is my rating. One point off because I don't see much of a chemistry between Tomoyo and Tomoya.
Dec 10, 2012 9:29 PM
Nov 2012
Holy crap! I finally understand why so many people love TomoyoXTomoya! How did they make me cry in just one episode?! The lyrics to the music at the end had me cracking up though!
Feb 19, 2013 9:51 AM

Jan 2013
I demand that they rewrite the whole anime and make it about Tomoyo, who actually has a personality.
Mar 15, 2013 1:33 PM

Jan 2013
mayukachan said:
That was good. Reminded me kinda of 5cm per sec, but with a Clannad touch.

Exactly what I was thinking!

So I mentioned this before during the series that Tomoyo looked so good with Tomoya. This episode proved that they would have worked as a viable couple as well. Such a great episode that basically had everything I could want in a special. Was holding back tears at that beautiful end :')
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
May 13, 2013 2:47 AM
Apr 2013
the ending was the best
May 14, 2013 10:18 PM

Dec 2012
Holy Crap, I thought that it was going to stay a bad ending o.0! I could feel the end drawing near as things just kept getting worse. I was getting a little depressed as Okizaki's life turn to shit. Then the credits started to roll up with me thinking "NO! Why is this happening!". I was starting to think that the whole purpose of the Tomoya Chapter was just to show why Okizaki is better off/ meant to be with Nagisa as the main-plot girl.

But with that close-save ending, Clannad did what it does best... Made me cry ;-;
May 15, 2013 10:15 PM

Apr 2013
depressing as always T_T seriously Tomoyo is the only girl, apart from Kyou, that has a personality and that I love to see being developed.. anyway the junior who kept talking trash to Tomoya was goddamn annoying.
May 31, 2013 2:56 AM

Oct 2012
3rd time I regretted not having a PC for the VN. >_< Loved the episode!

OfficialGuts said:
anyway the junior who kept talking trash to Tomoya was goddamn annoying.

^Agreed.
Jun 13, 2013 9:42 AM
May 2012
I love re-watching this every time. Tomoyo is SO much better than Nagisa. I don't hate Nagisa, but Tomoyo is just so fantastic. She has that bond with Tomoya that Nagisa somewhat lacked. It also annoyed me how Nagisa kept shying away from her true feelings whilst Tomoyo is not afraid to show her feelings. Tomoya and Kyou is awesome too but Tomoya and Tomoyo are the official couple. Decision made. No questions asked.
Jun 17, 2013 2:24 PM

May 2013
I watched this immediately after the last ep of Clannad so I'm not sure how I feel about it. at first I thought this was a flashback and that they were dating before xD I didn't really realize it's an alternative story until it finished..

anyway, I didn't like Clannad that much, so I'm not really a Tomoya-Nagisa fan. I'm more like Tomoya fan :3.. and I did kind of liked him more with Tomoyo
Jul 19, 2013 10:27 AM

Apr 2012
just watched this after i finished clannad today Im not a big fan of Okzaiki&Nagisa . Wish he would have ended up with tomoya . Tomoya is much better than negisa Going to watch this episode again really enjoyed it just wish clannad ended like this

Cant get over this episode Dammit . Starting after story now
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 21, 2013 7:50 PM

Mar 2011
Tomoyo should have been the main character. Nagisa should just die.
Aug 17, 2013 9:04 AM

Feb 2013
The break-up and make-up scenes were amazing.

I cannot help but wonder just how much better the original series would've been if the main heroine is Tomoyo instead of Nagisa.

This would've been a 10 if it was longer.

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Aug 28, 2013 9:24 AM

Mar 2013
It's nice seeing a different girl with Tomoya rather Nagisa
Mastery through endless repetition.
Aug 31, 2013 5:06 PM

Jan 2013
TOMOYO <3

Finally,i can't belive finally,i saw them together...
I'm a huge fan of Tomya + Tomoyo,if i could chouse i would chose them instead of Tomoyo + Nagisa in the Clannad,i prefer a lot Tomoya.
I wasn't able to hold my tears when i saw Tomoya crying,and that snow...Amazing!!She was just so cute,they really love each other!!
Best OVA or Alternative Ending i have ever seen in my life it's this one,i saw what i wanted for the whole anime!
I'm without words the ending was amazing! :D
AivanKAug 31, 2013 5:11 PM
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 31, 2013 5:07 PM

Jun 2013
I hated it, stupid Okazaki.
Xinil said:
Thanks for joining MAL.

Sep 11, 2013 8:02 AM

Jul 2013
she is sooooo much better than nagisa
Sep 22, 2013 8:34 AM
Sep 2013
This is the best version of the first seasons ending in my opinion. In AS we finally see Tomoya and Nagisa's relationship become serious, but in the first I felt as though there was no real spark between them.

That wasn't the case with Tomoyo. I felt she genuinely cared about Tomoya; she visited him every morning to wake him up for a while and even cooked for him while she was there occasionally. And despite knowing his motivations behind supporting her class presidency campaign were to further Nagisa's dreams, I felt she gave it her all in hopes of earning his affection.

Don't forget their similar pasts; both grew up rather troubled, seeking an outlet to vent their frustrations which eventually turned violent.

In terms of the show itself, I enjoyed it a lot. In fact, next to the plot arc with Kotome, this is my favorite part of season one. It simply feels more mature. Tomoyo feels less like a tool here than in...well...all of the first season, and makes the heartbreaking decision to leave Tomoyo and give her the chance to follow her own dreams. Oh, and the breakup scene and the ending are two of my favorite scenes of the season; actually bought tears to my eyes.
Oct 1, 2013 8:12 PM

Jun 2013
Sunohara's new look was hilarious. Nice ending, now on to after story once I'm done typing. I give this a 10 out of 10!
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Oct 1, 2013 9:30 PM

Jul 2013
Surprisingly good! Got to the point straight and quick in one episode. Now that I watch this I think Tomoya x Nagisa isn't as good anymore...
Oct 2, 2013 9:29 AM

Dec 2012
Tomoya's character design looks really great here.
First half felt generic / borderline cringe, but the second half was really pretty.
Oct 2, 2013 1:16 PM

Oct 2011
While I prefer Tomoya with Nagisa, it was nice to see how him and Tomoyo could have worked out. I think this would have been better if it was maybe 2 or 3 episodes though - I'd have liked to have seen more of the development of their relationship. This was basically "they're dating - they're not - they are again". Very enjoyable, though!
Oct 20, 2013 12:54 PM

Oct 2013
I had a strong suspicion prior to this episode that Tomoyo would've been Tomoya's best pick, especially when episode 23 showed how awkward Tomoya and Nagisa are together. This episode basically confirms what I thought. Tomoya is relaxed, easy-going, and comfortable. He doesn't try hard and doesn't care to. On the other hand, Tomoyo is strong, bold, confident and will not only push their relationship along but would push Tomoya to do better for himself - I think this episode proves that perfectly. Perhaps it's because I feel like I can relate to Tomoya and would do well with a girlfriend like Tomoyo myself. ;_;

But man, the ending was so touching. That Tomoyo was practically willing to give up her full potential just because she loved Tomoya that much... it really shows the power of love. I know it's indeed a rather cliche ending, but this move on her part works so well with her personality I couldn't help but find it moving. Tomoyo's characterization is truly perfect here.

I just wish this pairing would've been fleshed out a little more by making this OVA 4-5 episodes long instead. It would have been better if this was given as a true alternate ending that continues from right before Tomoya realized he loved Nagisa (around episode 18, I think), similar to the VN, rather than a "what if" scenario. It would've been nice if each of the girls got that treatment, actually.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 1, 2014 7:35 PM

Feb 2012
I cried.
I felt nothing the first season of Clannad, but this made me cry.
Jan 5, 2014 7:12 PM

Jun 2013
nickelpickle1997 said:
Sunohara's new look was hilarious. Nice ending, now on to after story once I'm done typing. I give this a 10 out of 10!

I totally agree!
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Jan 24, 2014 2:48 PM

Jul 2012
This one was a lot more emotional than the first season of Clannad in my opinion. Very good OVA!
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Apr 11, 2014 6:44 PM
Apr 2014
Wish it was longer.... Wish they would make continuation of this OVA..... Aaaargh

Their love is very genuine and, I assume, is stronger than Tomoya-Nagisa (Of course before they got married)
Apr 18, 2014 12:19 PM
Apr 2014
AaronJ said:
Wish it was longer.... Wish they would make continuation of this OVA..... Aaaargh

Their love is very genuine and, I assume, is stronger than Tomoya-Nagisa (Of course before they got married)

I agree, there should be a continuation for this OVA. They`re perfect for each other T_T
Apr 22, 2014 12:11 AM

Jul 2013
I really wish this was what the original anime was based on. There was a much better story and I actually teared up at the end, it was beautiful.

The original plot was boring and meaningless throughout a lot of it.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
May 19, 2014 6:22 PM

May 2013
Ooouuuu. I didn't know if this pairing would work well, but it's actually quite nice after watching this OVA -^o^-
Jun 6, 2014 6:35 AM

Feb 2013
What a great OVA. I wish the main series was based on this couple now. The ending also reminded me of 5cm per second.

9/10
Jul 16, 2014 8:57 PM

Jul 2013
This was fantastic to me is was better than the whole first season. While watching the first season I felt nothing really the whole time, but this actually brought tears to my eyes. It was beautiful I stand by what I had thought while watching season 1, that Tomoya should be with Tomoyo and this just confirmed it. The love between Tomoyo and Tomoya just feels more genuine and just made the episode beautiful.

Tony Cole
Jul 26, 2014 10:47 PM

Sep 2013
An amazing episode. This is the romance I was looking for.
Extremely disappointed that Tomoya never said "I love you" back. And the kiss was interrupted </3
Aug 12, 2014 9:50 AM

Aug 2013
The animation in this was much better compared to the season of "Clannad". The character art and their designs also made great improvements in my opinion as well.

This short OVA honestly made the entire other twenty-three episodes of "Clannad" pale in comparison, which had endless forced drama to make the relationships work out. Tomoya and Tomoyo on the other hand felt like much a more natural and likable couple than Tomoya and Nagisa.

I agree with the earlier comment that this OVA reminded me of "5 Centimetres Per Second", especially due to the train track crossing scene and the cherry blossom trees in the snow scene.
Oct 17, 2014 4:40 PM

May 2013
Lol, Sunohara's original hair color.

Tomoyo's getting busy as the Student Council President.
And there's a jerk who made Tomoya break up with her.
But in the end, they got back together! (^_^)
I almost cried when they cried. (T_T)

I just love this episode as much as Tomoyo loves Tomoya.
Too bad there's no kiss though.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Oct 17, 2014 4:42 PM

Sep 2013
Fireego said:

Too bad there's no kiss though.

This is KyoAni. Such blasphemy doesn't exist in their dictionary.
Nov 17, 2014 7:58 AM

Dec 2013
Ahh.. this brought back nostalgia and memories of my old school days. The delinquent dating the head of student council. I was in an exactly same situation as Tomoya.

Things didn't go well for me. Therefore, It feels really great to see them get back together.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Dec 5, 2014 3:05 PM
Jan 2010
Holy. So many feels. I was pretty confused at the beginning first but then, wow.
Dec 13, 2014 8:02 PM

Oct 2013
Didn't expect this OVA episode to be this good, damn.

Dec 30, 2014 12:19 PM

Jan 2014
I really enjoyed this... it had such a sweet ending, but i wish it hadn't gone by so fast!
Jan 6, 2015 8:34 AM

Mar 2014
For me, this was more heartbreaking & heartwarming than Season 1.
Jan 8, 2015 11:03 AM

Oct 2011
Too short, but still a better story/romance than the whole main series. Much better art, as well, I think.
Jan 17, 2015 1:14 PM

Nov 2014
I loved it!!! I wish it was longer or there was more to Tomoya & Tomoyo being together, I thought it was so cute. The feels I got at the end and when Tomoyo was crying and he grabbed her and hugged her and got all emotional too. <3

I was so mad at that guy in the glasses that was so rude to Tomoya & he totally interrupted their kiss. -_-

Tomoya why are you a perfect pair with everyone, even though the Nagisa one makes the most sense and I love it so much, he really is a perfect match for any of them.~
Jan 19, 2015 10:14 PM

May 2014
That was a pretty good alternate story for being only 1 episode. Very nice.
Feb 14, 2015 5:11 AM
Jan 2015
I always get sensitive with break ups because i had so many, and i know how it hurts so much breaking up and the after days when u are alone again. It was crushing my heart when i saw tomoya watching tomoyo from afar getting on with everything and he alone tried so hard to become better. It reminds me so much.

And then she actually comes back. I wish some past loves did that to me. She was very sweet and caring all the time even when she is so tough and with little time.

This is one of the best ova's i ever seen of an anime.
Feb 15, 2015 11:24 PM

Sep 2014
i love the original ending, but this rute have a love conflict that would make a great main arc
Mar 28, 2015 10:16 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
I absolutely loved it. I might have finished Clannad pretty recently but that was like seeing a long missed friend. Looks like the show's characters managed to grew on me pretty well. Personally I didn't see much chemistry between Tomoyo and Tomoya but this episode was brilliant. Also this:
lserr said:
i love the original ending, but this rute have a love conflict that would make a great main arc
Apr 5, 2015 6:37 AM

May 2013
7/10 okok
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

» Clannad Visual Novel - Tomoyo After ~ It's a wonderful Life

SHUVO - Jul 16, 2014

3 by os172 »»
Feb 20, 2022 10:26 AM

» is it in a different world

veeny9 - Jul 8, 2021

9 by chiisanatenohira »»
Aug 29, 2021 1:49 PM

» Youhei Sunohara's spinoff with Tomoyo sakagami

mr_lucifer19_ - Feb 18, 2021

1 by RandomGuyScott »»
Feb 18, 2021 5:50 AM

» Dreams Do Come True

Faust721 - Mar 31, 2008

27 by TheNamelessGuy »»
Aug 6, 2020 7:41 AM

» Clannad Tomoyo Edition OVA - Trailer ( 1 2 )

Nozila - Jun 6, 2008

92 by jazmin_s »»
Sep 18, 2008 7:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.