3It was OK
14.3%
2Disliked it
7.4%
1Hated it
9.0%
Average 3.9
189 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 1, 2011 10:44 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Full of girls designs that rang bells from Mayo Chiki and Ikkitousen not to mention some Strike Witches. I will love the following girl,

Named Friedrich Christiane mainly due to my love of her:
http://myanimelist.net/character/28925/Chise_Umenomori
being a first design of this type for me. There is also that beauty point she has and the fight style in the spoiler
now that is nice! I like that sword.

On the other hand expect fights like the following,

whom looks nice and the other parts were amazing too such as in the spoiler
Shoichi Kazama sure has an amazing kick but it’s his bandana that is cool.

Some other points
  • When I said Ikkitousen I mean the girl in the spoiler
    she sure looks like Shimei "Mou-chan" Ryomou

• The robot and in transformation in the spoiler
    were terrific! I would never have though it was like that before becoming EPIC. Seriously the robot’s pose were EPIC and its fighting was great. It will certainly become an amazing fighting machine. Its design reminds me of this robot here from the series Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de for some reason. Just similarities and no more.

• The girl in the spoiler
    rang some Makoto Shishio mixed with some Leona from KOF if anyone knows that game. The appearance is way too similar to Leona but hey it’s all good. Female like that aren’t common.

• Ageha Kuki in the spoiler
    has way too much of a striking resemblance to Ageha Kuki from that series. Same person? Talk about universe of series intermingling.

• Momoyo Kawakami known as Momo is suggested to have elemental powers in the spoiler
    not only those but I see her use wind so definitely elemental powers are in thee air. Really powerful and dangerous she is. I guess she is one of those big breasted characters but IMO it’s her hair and eyes that make the difference.

• The red haired girl in the spoiler
    kind of got me into think of this person here. I know it makes no sense but that is the first though that came into my mind.

• Amakatsu Mayo in the spoiler
    looks like another useless character from what I have seen of her in this episode. She did not fight and was chicken scared. IMO she could just be a fan service/MOE device. If she has any use, it looks totally oblivious from the looks of this episode.

• Hideo in the spoiler
    Looks damn man! The guy wears the underwear of a male! I like his personality and comedy he gives out. Looks like a good character with potential in this series.

• OMG did you see the guy in the spoiler
    Oh hello Tabuki sensei! WTF are you doing in this series? Joke aside, he does look like him. Obvious similarities are there.

• I will most likely like the loli in the spoiler
    DFCs are amazing and her looks aren’t that bad at all. However that guy sure has guts to tap her ass here. Well it was fun to see it at least.

• In regards to Haguro Kuroko in the spoiler
    I just ROFL a lot. Mainly due to her looks and attitude. I think she will be funny also.
I would just enjoy the ecchi like in the spoiler
with the panties and the fights with the drama around. This is what this series is about. Romance and fights with perhaps some twists around.

Oh damn spent some hours on the VN delivery:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=334065
an excellent alternative to the stupid censors to fill in the imagination without waiting for the BDs. That's my major contribution. Have fun.
Yumekichi11Oct 1, 2011 2:57 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 1, 2011 11:11 AM

Nov 2008
The action is S class, that whole battle reminded me of battles in Dog Days. I agree with you Yumekichi on Christiane being a beauty. The ecchi is minimal for now, but I expect some better scenes later on.

Oh and Mayo the loli class president is a coward, she needs to learn to fight, she'll be annoying if she's just there being a scared target.

4/5

Oct 1, 2011 12:17 PM

Jul 2010
Wow, talk about non-stop action! Nice way to get this anime started. Ecchi is minimal but should increase in the later episodes.
Oct 1, 2011 1:18 PM

Oct 2010
Epic fail. Sure, the action is nice and ecchi is decent but all of that falls into the water for us who played the game or/and began reading the manga. This is pretty disappointing for me as a fan of visual novel, I really expected something more.
CrimruiOct 1, 2011 1:24 PM
Oct 1, 2011 1:37 PM

Aug 2010
Where did you see/ download it?
The truth is... I do not now the truth, only the pretty lies!!!
English is not my first language so I'm sorry for my mistakes and I hope you understood what I wanted so say. ^^
Oct 1, 2011 3:47 PM

Oct 2009
To me that episode was just weird.
A totally random way to kick off.
In other words I loved it!!
Waiting for subs cos i wanna know what Shina said to everyone
Anime, Food and Sleep Who needs anything more!
Oct 1, 2011 7:39 PM
Jun 2008
Seems like a lot of stuff mixed in this Anime...

another dog days
MorningGloryOct 1, 2011 7:46 PM
Oct 1, 2011 7:41 PM

Jul 2011
If this follows the VN at all then there shouldn't be any ecchi for the next few episodes. Kind of surprised that Christiane got introduced this early, took a week in the VN or a hour or so of reading for her to get introduced.

Edit: Just watched, it's different from the VN, but not necessarily worse. Will have to see how this turns out.
mdzOct 2, 2011 2:33 PM
Oct 1, 2011 7:49 PM

Jun 2008
@Yumekichi this Ageha IS the same Ageha from KimiAru. she's just older now.

KimiAru and Majikoi is from Minatosoft Of course that they're in the same universe.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Oct 1, 2011 7:55 PM

May 2011
a decent start. I couldn't help go WTF tabuki-sensei is in this series. I swear though ages might be different they really look alike. a good amount of action hopefully this keeps up!
Oct 1, 2011 9:03 PM

Jun 2009
mdz said:
If this follows the VN at all then there shouldn't be any ecchi for the next few episodes. Kind of surprised that Christiane got introduced this early, took a week in the VN or a hour or so of reading for her to get introduced.

Follows VN you say... the very first episode looked like the end of Momoyo route. It wasn't even the middle of VN. And whe they just changed the ending. Still, seems as it will be pretty interesting to watch.
P.S. Hoshigoroshi (star killer of Momoyo) was soooooooooooooooooooooooo weak.
Baka_UltimateOct 1, 2011 9:13 PM
Oct 1, 2011 9:08 PM

Jul 2011
Baka_Ultimate said:
mdz said:

Follows VN you say... the very first episode looked like the end of Momoyo route. It wasn't even the middle of VN. And when in the end they just changed the ending. Still it seems as it will be pretty interesting to watch.
P.S. Hoshigoroshi (star killer of Momoyo) was soooooooooooooooooooooooo weak.

Gah, didn't watch it yet, waiting for subbed.But if that's how it is, hopefully it isn't turn into a ecchifest.
Oct 1, 2011 9:20 PM

Oct 2010
kaimax said:
@Yumekichi this Ageha IS the same Ageha from KimiAru. she's just older now.

KimiAru and Majikoi is from Minatosoft Of course that they're in the same universe.
Oh! So that is it! I see now, so it's like the same universe more into the future. So can they cameo some characters from KimiAru? It would be interesting.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 1, 2011 11:36 PM

Sep 2009
Better than I feared. But as I understood they used Momo's route Bad end in 1st ep. Strange choice really. Let's see what would be further.
Oct 2, 2011 1:15 AM

Jan 2010
well i need subs ...

but man i waited for this for whole year !
Oct 2, 2011 2:31 AM

Jun 2009
A FAKE GENRYUUSAI !!
Oct 2, 2011 3:54 AM

Jan 2009
First thoughts: Wtf am I watching?
And then came dat "De~su~". I loved that.
Last throughts: Wtf did I just watch?
And what's Genryuusai doing there anyway? Why do I still remember that guy? ( ¬‿¬)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 2, 2011 1:37 PM

Feb 2008
over the top and melodramatic. i felt more annoyed watching this show than anything else.
Oct 2, 2011 2:10 PM

Jan 2008
Was alright, a lot of it was pretty cheezy though.
Oct 2, 2011 2:26 PM

Jun 2008
nothing new, just the same garbage being recycled again, wont be watching this.
Oct 2, 2011 3:14 PM

Sep 2010
Kannei said:
A FAKE GENRYUUSAI !!

Lol, so many similarly characters from other anime's! xD
Ayuki-chanOct 2, 2011 3:18 PM

Oct 2, 2011 3:22 PM

Dec 2009
Looking good!
I'm especially excited to see they're apparently using content from the not-yet-released Majikoi S, at least I've never seen this girl before :D

FireballStarfishOct 2, 2011 5:19 PM
Oct 2, 2011 3:29 PM
Jul 2009
Ummm, is this really the first episode? lol What am I watching? Too many characters, too much stupid fighting. x)
Oct 2, 2011 4:01 PM

Oct 2009
I hope they begin a plot next ep cos if it stays like this im droppin it.
Random is good but its a one time thing.
Shina and Mayu are my faves so far
Anime, Food and Sleep Who needs anything more!
Oct 2, 2011 4:16 PM

Oct 2009
What the fuck is this shit, Baka to Test to Dragonball Z ? I sure hope they'll explain some of this mess in the following episodes, otherwise it's a 3/10 for sure.
Oct 2, 2011 4:40 PM
Oct 2011
This episode is actually one of the near end routes to the VN, so it seems confusing. The anime has decided to start from the end. I suppose they will do flashbacks of the facts of the start of VNs.

Prologue of VN is very different, and hopefully in the next episode show the true beginning.
Oct 2, 2011 4:50 PM

Jun 2008
This episode doesn't seem to be really appreciated. Well I liked it, of course I can understand why people without any knowledges from the Visual Novel would find it confusing, nothing is really explained, be it the reasons of the battle or the school itself.

I'm glad we were able to see Ageha this early and... Tsubame? ok that's a weird choice, still nice.
Oct 2, 2011 4:55 PM

Oct 2010
SurferDude said:
What the fuck is this shit, Baka to Test to Dragonball Z.

More like Baka to test to Dog Days to IS imo...
huh?
Oct 2, 2011 5:12 PM

Feb 2011
So ....BAD I mean how can anyone like this. This will probably be worst show of this season. Such a total let down.
Oct 2, 2011 5:13 PM

Dec 2009
Araya said:
This episode doesn't seem to be really appreciated. Well I liked it, of course I can understand why people without any knowledges from the Visual Novel would find it confusing, nothing is really explained, be it the reasons of the battle or the school itself.

I agree... it's fun to see all the characters in action right away; but if you don't know any of them yet, it's probably more boring and random than anything.
This ep "introduced" 20-30 characters all at once, noone is going to comprehend that lol

Don't drop this yet, guys, at least give it a chance for one more episode :P
FireballStarfishOct 2, 2011 5:37 PM
Oct 2, 2011 5:20 PM

Jan 2011
I had a very hard time trying to stay focused on this episode....it just didn't catch my attention.....action was good, but like others said, it was just too random....didn't know what the hell was going on....

I'll stay for another 2-3 episodes, hopefully it can add some depth to it.....
Oct 2, 2011 5:31 PM

Aug 2010
That was entertaining, although very over the top.
Oct 2, 2011 5:45 PM

Nov 2010
This is one wonderful mess of a show. I will watch if nothing else than for my favorite modern voice actor voicing the lead.
Looking at posts on the Internet wouldn't bother me so much if people didn't also mix up he and she.
Oct 2, 2011 5:47 PM

Nov 2010
I love it.
Oct 2, 2011 6:10 PM

Jul 2010
Right, so that's one show I will not be watching again.
Oct 2, 2011 6:11 PM

Nov 2008
Wow it was actually enjoyable to watch, I hope that the action continues.
Oct 2, 2011 6:28 PM

Jul 2008
Oct 2, 2011 6:43 PM

Jun 2009
It was okay but a little bit of setting before an all-out war should have been done here.
Oct 2, 2011 6:47 PM

Dec 2010
I really liked the episode. Even though it lacked exposition, one could get the general idea of the characters and their personality by the end of the episode.
Oct 2, 2011 7:04 PM
Apr 2011
ok if you havent read the visual novel, you will not understand what the hell is happening nor comprehend the characters and the jokes. It's really a weird way of adapting a visual novel at least from what i have seen. I think they should have started like in the prologue of the VN but meh. hopefully it'll be as funny as the VN.
Oct 2, 2011 7:18 PM

Jul 2011
Battlesheep said:
Looking good!
I'm especially excited to see they're apparently using content from the not-yet-released Majikoi S, at least I've never seen this girl before :D

She's my favorite female character already in this anime. Love her appearance. XD

Hoppy said:
The action is S class, that whole battle reminded me of battles in Dog Days.

Yes! I thought Dog Days too. XD

It looks interesting. I haven't read the VN though. I think I'll watch the series and find out how it is. :3
Oct 2, 2011 7:20 PM

Jan 2011
when i first heard of this show i thought Oh okay so it's a harem/action? so like Sekirei?,but still not having read the VNs was not expecting another dog days type anime...(last type of anime i want imo) let alone the reason for doing this makes no sense which i hope get's explained later on because at least dog days had some kind of reason for doing it,i shall continue to watch till i can fully judge this kinda a hit or miss.

at least boobs weren't flying around every time a girl got hit right?.
Oct 2, 2011 7:28 PM

Oct 2011
already love it !
But I think I just gonna watch this for Yamato x Momoyo
Oct 2, 2011 7:42 PM
Sep 2011
lol wtf was that so much action :L
rly fun start to the series though, i'll def keep up with it
Oct 2, 2011 7:45 PM

Jun 2010
Fists, kicks and beat downs for every body. Now, I didn't see the VN for this so I'm expecting a good explanation on why it lead to a Full-blown war between S-class and F-class. Over-all......I enjoyed the human bomb, the smoldering fist and fancy drop kicks. :D
Oct 2, 2011 7:57 PM

Jun 2010
SurferDude said:
What the fuck is this shit, Baka to Test to Dragonball Z ?

Hmmm........not sure if I'd mind that! XD
Oct 2, 2011 7:58 PM

Nov 2008
I don't know why people didn't like it, but I thought it was awesome. I'm sure they'll explain what's going on later. It was a good start in my opinion, I just hope it turns out to be good in later episodes.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Oct 2, 2011 8:05 PM

Dec 2008
The only reason why so many people don't like it because they've obviously not played the VN and are Type A anime viewers who need the reasoning behind such a fight.

As for me, having played the translated VN, I LOVED IT, basically because I knew all the characters, and I knew their personalities, and I love their voice actors. Speaking of which, they kept all the same ones, and they even had the transformed Cookie Fukuyama Jun!

Though this felt like some kind of OVA for fans of the game and definitely not for newcomers. I am praying to god that they start from the start of the game and slowly work their way up.

Tonight... we are young... so let's set the world on fire, we can burn brighter, than the sun...
Oct 2, 2011 8:24 PM

Aug 2008
Crimson_Cloud said:
Epic fail. Sure, the action is nice and ecchi is decent but all of that falls into the water for us who played the game or/and began reading the manga. This is pretty disappointing for me as a fan of visual novel, I really expected something more.

Though not played it, i had started reading the manga so can understand your disappointment. Personally i hope that this first episode was either of the following;
1: an event that takes place later in the story
2: Something completely random using the characters, with the hopes of grabbing peoples attention.

I have only read 5 chapters of the manga(unless i forgot to update my list), so i dont know that much about it, but this was nothing like how the manga starts, Momoyo aka nee-san and onee-sama to other characters, was a strong cool beauty who was in essence something like a female gangleader. The strong people from class F in this anime episode 1 were her friends and underlings. Well anything else can be read on the manga description/summary.

Have to say though i liked the manga better so far, guess that the downside to playing games and reading manga, whenever something gets adapted it's never really satisfying. I mean if it follows too closely it's nothing new and sometimes you feel like you wish they would do something with it, like different endings extra stories and the like. Then again when something like this happens and you see something that has characters you know, but the plot seems completely different(anime to manga comparison-ignoring game since i just dont know) it can also be annoying. Those thoughts of why change it, it good as it was. Well guess whatever happens when something gets adapted not everyone will be pleased.

As for mentioning dog days, yea guess that was kind of like the battles in that, but ultimately my hope is they get to the manga plot beginning next episode. With this being something to grab attention, like it part of the school festival as a special event, or something one of the characters makes up or dreams.
Oct 2, 2011 8:25 PM

Jul 2010
Elite60 said:
Wow, talk about non-stop action! Nice way to get this anime started. Ecchi is minimal but should increase in the later episodes.
Don't say stuff like that! :,(
Even though I know you're probably right...

Cookie freaking wins the show. Cooooookiieeee thunnndeeerrrrr~
I lol'd.

We've even got Hilda and Oga in there. Oga paunched the S Leader. Oh yayz!
Overall it really wasn't that bad. Although I did watch this expecting it to be an insta-drop, so that's probably why. Don't worry, I'm sure the next episode will have me regret I put even an ounce of faith into this show! :P

Now we just need Naoe to go Ein, Zwei, Drei and we've got it made.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! Episode 10 Discussion

cleeezzz - Dec 4, 2011

46 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Jan 14, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Flipside101 - Oct 30, 2011

60 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Jan 14, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Rayyy - Dec 17, 2011

113 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Oct 20, 2023 12:29 PM

Poll: » Who is the best girl in this anime?

TragicRomance - Dec 16, 2011

33 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Oct 19, 2023 12:23 PM

Poll: » Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! Episode 11 Discussion

are595 - Dec 11, 2011

30 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Oct 19, 2023 12:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.