Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 1, 2011 4:10 PM

Jul 2008
It was much better than the first one thats for sure, just looking at the art and animation. I wasn't much of a fan of the fate/stay night (I still liked it though) but I think this will be amazing, animation is important in a action show and it has much better animation/art.

I think the walking around part was just so it didn't seem so static.

Also quit bitching about 360p. Its super fast, free and legit. Nico Nico douga rules. I can't believe some are still considering bootlegging.
Oct 1, 2011 4:19 PM

Jul 2011
Art/Animation is amazing for this. Not sure if i'll enjoy this to the fullest potential since watching Fate/stay night kind of tells you the ending.
Oct 1, 2011 4:27 PM

Sep 2008
The ending was cool.
The bugs grossed me out.

That's probably all I got out of it since I'm not a huge F/S N fan.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2011 4:31 PM

Apr 2008
hate....bugs....
love....backstory....in....this....prequel

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH
Oct 1, 2011 4:35 PM

Dec 2010
Rarokko said:
Damn, I just cried when Saber said "I ask of you: Are you my master?" or something like this.

Same here *w*

And yeah, FUCKING EPIC ANIME IS EPIC !

Can't wait for the second episode :3
Oct 1, 2011 4:38 PM

Feb 2008
what an awesome summoning of all the servants!! man fate/zero is too epic!! hyped for the next ep!
Oct 1, 2011 4:51 PM

Jan 2008
whahahaha I accedently pressed "hated it" when I was going to press vote and had loved it checked... going throw my self in to a fire now :(
Oct 1, 2011 5:02 PM
Nov 2010
First experience with this series, and I have to say the first episode is rather well done, especially for someone with little to no knowledge of Fate/stay Night. Definitely has me eagerly awaiting the rest.

I could tell there seemed to be numerous easter eggs for people who've played the VN, at least. Which will be nice if I decide to run through it while watching the series.

Also, why in the world were Tokiomi and Risei walking in circles around Kirei? That was....largely pointless.
Oct 1, 2011 5:33 PM

Jul 2007
Where is everyone watching this? I tried nicovideo but there is all this text in the way.
by Baka-Chibi

Oct 1, 2011 5:37 PM

Aug 2008
YES!! I started! And I got say, what an awesome first episode! It's been a very, very long time since I've been so impressed by an anime's first episode. I am totally loving every second of it.

For the record, I am currently playing the VN, but I'm only on Unlimited Blade Works. I guess I'll have a lot of Heaven's Feel spoiled for me, eh?

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Oct 1, 2011 5:40 PM

Jun 2009
crystalangel23 said:
Where is everyone watching this? I tried nicovideo but there is all this text in the way.
Click on the button in the lower right corner with the speech bubble that has "..." in it to get rid of the text.

It's in between the volume control and the fullscreen button.
Oct 1, 2011 5:41 PM
May 2011
Arena style Dungeons and Dragons in anime format? AWESOME!
Oct 1, 2011 5:46 PM
Dec 2008
lol btw
fate stay night takes place in late 90s to early 200s
fate zero is 10 yrs before that
and kiritsugu has one nice ass laptop eh
lol
Oct 1, 2011 5:50 PM
Nov 2009
Man, Fatestay Night needed a prequel just about as much as Star Wars did.
Oct 1, 2011 5:55 PM

Jul 2011
Awesomeness! Cant wait for next episode!
Oct 1, 2011 6:01 PM
Oct 2009
Naelok said:
Man, Fatestay Night needed a prequel just about as much as Star Wars did.

In just one episode this is already better than the FSN anime.
Oct 1, 2011 6:18 PM

Jul 2010
meh.IMO this episode was average, only the ending was good.But i guess we're just starting, so...next episode should be better.I hope so.

OP is ok, but nothing special.
Oct 1, 2011 6:24 PM

Jan 2008
Disliked Ep1. I know dialogue is important in these kind of Anime but having the entire 40~50 mins being dialogue with the servants having less than a minute of screen time.... I'd rather have flash back episodes during the episodes that this.

Also, the hell those bugs doing to the girl? Impregnating her or something? (Old guy said they were violating her)
Oct 1, 2011 6:39 PM
Aug 2009
Exactly what this episode should have been, though because they mentioned Heaven's Feel, I now have to get off my ass and finish FSN.... but it's worth it. Definately worth the wait for it to start.

May be wishful thinking on my part, but is this actually getting a 1h time slot, or was that just for episode 1 (like I think it was).
Oct 1, 2011 6:44 PM

Aug 2010
Really good episode for an introduction. I love this feeling to this anime. Atmosphere feels darker then heavens feel in a way. I feel it's much more serious. (Everyone who didn't play Heavens feel already pretty much got a little spoiled. And I must add F you to all Sakura haters)

young Rin was cute and so was Sakura. I was speechless when I saw Gilgamesh being summoned..... SO FRIKEN EPIC.
Ragna92Oct 1, 2011 9:36 PM
Oct 1, 2011 6:50 PM

Jul 2011
I thought my body was ready for this.

HHNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

PS: Kariya-Berserker combo ftw.
Oct 1, 2011 7:23 PM

Oct 2008
Slower than I thought introduction, but it really did set up all the story really well. You get a feel for all the motives behind the participants, which is an important part of what will make the battles ahead mean so much more.

The incantation scene was... amazing.
100x times better than in the FSN anime.

amirhoss said:
and so the best anime of this season started

Everyone is throwing this around so many times this year. Testament to what quality anime we had this year... The bar is set high for Fate/Zero, but I'm sure that this is a ride that will not disappoint.
OmniknightOct 1, 2011 7:30 PM
Oct 1, 2011 7:33 PM

May 2011
Really good opening for what's to come later on. I have very high expectations for this series.

I was hoping to catch a glimpse of Zero Lancer this ep but I guess it will be in the next one.

Saber and Gilgamesh FTW! Seeing them again made my day, especially "Saaabaa"

Poor Sakura, I have changed my opinion on her greatly.
Oct 1, 2011 7:33 PM

Jun 2011
So basically this was review of what we already know from FSN. Although it's too be expected since it's the first episode, so it's not a disappointment whatsoever in my case. I quite enjoyed it, I enjoyed it way more than I did with the FSN anime; that's for sure.

The animation was...Delicious.
Oct 1, 2011 7:36 PM

Sep 2008
i like how we get 24 more weeks of this.

when the OP came at the end i was yelling Excalibur
Oct 1, 2011 7:36 PM

Jan 2008
bullrogg said:
i like how we get 24 more weeks of this.

when the OP came at the end i was yelling Excalibur

Strange, I was yelling Gilgamesh. *insert lightning sparks towards each others eyes*
Oct 1, 2011 7:40 PM

Aug 2010
Sanguis said:
So basically this was review of what we already know from FSN. Although it's too be expected since it's the first episode, so it's not a disappointment whatsoever in my case. I quite enjoyed it, I enjoyed it way more than I did with the FSN anime; that's for sure.

The animation was...Delicious.

I think it was good. Specially for the people that didn't play the visual novel. It give some info from HF.
Oct 1, 2011 7:53 PM
Jun 2011
damnnn nice graphicssss
i cant wait for the upcoming episodes
the fights on the ed looks awesome....
i think i like gilgamesh better than saber
Oct 1, 2011 7:54 PM

Jul 2009
Glorious
Oct 1, 2011 8:02 PM

Jan 2011
Kiritsugu Emiya seems badass , but Y SO SERIOUS? He has a sexy wife and daughter why is he so glum?
[center]
Oct 1, 2011 8:03 PM

Aug 2010
Wow, that was pretty cool. I'm looking forward to watching this series.

Sep 2007
Completely satisfied on the first episode...

Too many people are waiting for this one I guess... :|

[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/_Haru&sclick=1]

Sep 2007
Typical ufotable episode. A shit load of dialogue and one moment of awesomeness. I was actually kind of bored throughout the whole episode until the end when they started summoning the servants. But it still seems far better than FSN. Kiritsugu is a far better protagonist than Shirou will ever be.
Oct 1, 2011 8:09 PM

Jan 2011
wayyy to much talking for my liking then i noticed this was just the build up But those last Few mintues were Great :3,it's been to long since i watched F/N but thank fully for Carnival Phatsam i remembered most of the cast :D.
Oct 1, 2011 8:17 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Wasabi said:
A shit load of dialogue

Believe me, the dialogues is why this series is amazing. The character development is going to be totally epic. The action is just extra icing.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 1, 2011 8:21 PM

May 2009
Wasabi said:
Kiritsugu is a far better protagonist than Shirou will ever be.
hate shirou.
Little Rin is soooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 1, 2011 8:26 PM

Apr 2008
Very good way to start the series. This is my first time diving into the world of Fate/Stay Night, so I didn't have that many expectations for it within that realm. However, it did fill the void that the Kara no Kyoukai films left, especially within the animation department. I'm even starting to think that Fate/Zero and Rakkyo both take place in the same universe. Part of me wants to simply dismiss this as just another fantasy "quest for the important something" anime while another part is fully convinced that this show is going to be the most epic thing to come out this season and that it will make my week with each viewing. At this point, I'm not sure of which opinion will win. All I know is that I'll be sticking with this one for the next season.

Also, if this isn't a homage to Cowboy Bebop, then I don't know what is:

Oct 1, 2011 8:35 PM

Jan 2011
Well I'm already aware of how it ends, but not of all the events that lead up to it. I was going to try to wait until they dubbed it (if they do hopefully) before I watched it, but seeing the first episode out I couldn't resist. Besides I've already got a desire to rewatch it and it's only the first episode.
Oct 1, 2011 8:36 PM
Apr 2011
Holy dicks that was awesome.
Oct 1, 2011 8:38 PM

Jan 2008
PockyBebop said:
Also, if this isn't a homage to Cowboy Bebop, then I don't know what is:

MindBlown.
Oct 1, 2011 8:39 PM
Jun 2008
I think i almost slept zZZZ... I don't think I am listening even half of the explanation in this episode.Its 3am in the morning and I am force to watch B part after I woke up.
Oct 1, 2011 8:39 PM

Jun 2008
PockyBebop said:
I'm even starting to think that Fate/Zero and Rakkyo both take place in the same universe.]

Nasuverse. So, yes, they're in the same universe.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Oct 1, 2011 8:40 PM

Mar 2011
Strong candidate for anime of the season, very good plot, good animation, i know the long complicated dialogue is necessary, but....
Oct 1, 2011 8:42 PM

Jul 2010
Oosran said:
And now I'mma stay away from here until the last episode in order to be safe from possible spoilers.
Have fun o7
Hm, I was thinking of doing the same thing, but I probably won't. Spoilers never seem to be in tags anymore, do they? :/

Miya_F_Exia said:
Gamaliel said:
1st. Tokiomi and Risei walking in circles around Kirei was stupid (my opinion)
I'm happy that I wasn't the only that noticed this scene was stupid.
Haha, me too.

And just like that, Zero is already better than F/SN. Which really isn't hard to do since F/SN was nothing speci- *gets shot*

Ahem... well, anyways, this looks like it'll be cool. I really wish I never watched F/SN at this point so it would all seem new and fresh to me. Also, the fact that all the main characters are adults instead of high schoolers is a major plus.
Oct 1, 2011 8:43 PM

Jun 2008
MorningGlory said:
I think i almost slept zZZZ... I don't think I am listening even half of the explanation in this episode.Its 3am in the morning and I am force to watch B part after I woke up.

Vizi_XRiliditian said:
Strong candidate for anime of the Year, very good plot, good animation, i know the long complicated dialogue is necessary, but....

Expect more dialogue in the early episodes since the Holy grail haven't started yet. But once it starts the action will be worth it.

I'm just going to say, they're doing a "copy paste" adaptation from the novel in this 1st episode.

Iilia said:
Also, the fact that all the main characters are adults instead of high schoolers is a major plus.

Well, we have Waver Velvet though lol. But that's why he was partnered wit "BroRider"
kaimaxOct 1, 2011 8:50 PM

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Oct 1, 2011 8:53 PM

Aug 2009
This is what you call, overkill.

Boring? It can't be helped. This bit is said to be the most boring part of F/Z, as there is no real action going on. This is like prologue.

WAITING FOR KABOOM
Oct 1, 2011 8:54 PM

May 2010
720p is out! From Commie subs.
It is not dead which can eternal lie;
And with strange aeons even death may die.
Oct 1, 2011 9:09 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
ringoo4 said:

This bit is said to be the most boring part of F/Z

Well, you know people have attention span issues if they found this part boring. This part IS the most important part of F/Z since it properly sets up everything else.

A lot of the other series totally fail at that.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 1, 2011 9:18 PM

Nov 2007
Iilia said:
And just like that, Zero is already better than F/SN. Which really isn't hard to do since F/SN was nothing speci- *gets shot*
I'm pretty sure most people agree the F/SN anime sucks.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Oct 1, 2011 9:27 PM

Jun 2009
Yeah, I don't understand why there are so many people in this thread who are unable to go 1 hour without a fight scene. The summoning scene at the end wasn't enough of a payoff for you? If you just want random characters fighting each other, then just watch the opening over and over. That was the main problem with F/S N: too many random fight scenes.

Although, I will say that I was a bit disappointed when I realized that, outside of the op, it will be a while until we get to see Saber in her suit.
Pages (14) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM

» Im about to start this but confused

TabutcuEmmi - Feb 7

44 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Feb 10, 3:21 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

halberdiers - Dec 10, 2011

596 by keynutil »»
Jan 16, 3:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.