Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 2008 11:03 AM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy manga deviations, Batman!

Having Kannuki bear the whole spotlight of the villain of this arc made everything look so simplistic, and the Headmaster have much less impact than what I got while reading the manga. I usually don't whine so much about manga-to-anime adaptations, I'm usually all for original endings, but I'm so scared that they'll end up ruining the whole thing -_- (Bad, Bad Tsubasa Chronicles experience) The preview for the next episode gave me even worse "We're going to change everything lololol" vibes.

Anyway, Shinrabanshou was awesome. It looked even freakier than what I could possibly imagine. Although Thobari-sensei's "attack" to shut Miharu down didn't have the same impact - just a slap, instead of a kick? o_O

Aizawa was so spoooky <3
MaxwellLilyJul 13, 2008 11:07 AM
Jul 14, 2008 1:45 AM

Mar 2008
I didn't read the manga but it certainly is getting more and more interesting.
Aizawa is a sicko >< hes awesomely ruthless.
And that slap across Miharu's looked random, I would have thought the initial tackle would have been more effective?
Jul 14, 2008 2:05 AM

Jan 2008
As always, Aizawa is awesome, and Thobari is a damned moron. -sigh- Currently, he deserves every bit of pain he's feeling from Miharu "joining" Kairoushuu.

Oh, and I still dislike Fuuma, just for ever being born.
Jul 14, 2008 3:04 PM
May 2008
Aizawa was great ! :D loved him in this episode
Jul 14, 2008 6:07 PM

Nov 2006
They left out Kouichi brushing the feathers out of his hair. Damn them, that was so hot.

WAIT, I just saw the preview. Are they not going to animate the thing with Kouichi and Shijima? Or was the 1 second screen of Kouichi showing that was going to happen?

Blargh.
Jul 14, 2008 8:11 PM

Apr 2007
windy said:
They left out Kouichi brushing the feathers out of his hair. Damn them, that was so hot.

WAIT, I just saw the preview. Are they not going to animate the thing with Kouichi and Shijima? Or was the 1 second screen of Kouichi showing that was going to happen?

Blargh.

I think they will. I mean, it's a huge plot device, they can't just... wipe it away. I hope they don't.
Jul 19, 2008 12:58 PM

Feb 2008
Pretty interesting episode.
The part where Aizawa reveals to be immortal really surprised me. Though I loved seeing him kicking ass =P
Jul 19, 2008 1:27 PM

Apr 2008
WHAT THE .... !!!! :O
Loved the episode, pretty good one (some things aside)
Sooo.... Aizawa is immortal and that was fucking awesome part and thobari etc didn't even ask how the fuck he was still alive and EXPLAIN A BIT , noooeeessss I wanna know !! :p Hopefully they'll let us non manga readers know it with next week's episode then ! :)

The slap was a bit lame ... and thobari and miharu are both morons , go learn to express your feelings already you 2 !! >_<
Jul 19, 2008 1:30 PM
Apr 2008
i felt that theres something missing from this ep
maybe its too short but still a good one
Jul 19, 2008 8:27 PM

Jan 2008
Wow! This was such a great episode! So much was revealed that was so unexpected! I loved the ending part where Miharu covered his ears right in front of Kumohira! The only thing that came to mind for me at that moment was "what a DISS!".
Jul 19, 2008 9:11 PM
Jun 2008
Miharu covering his ears was one of the best parts. The other was of course Aizawa!!! Holy crap, this guy is on my list as second best right behind Yukimi. I knew he had a secret agenda, but I wasn't expecting immortality. Wow. Good overall episode. I understand that it's not good for the Manga readers since it deviates, according to them. That would piss me off too.
Jul 20, 2008 5:32 AM
Jul 2018
Straw-Hat-Matt said:

Sooo.... Aizawa is immortal and that was fucking awesome part and thobari etc didn't even ask how the fuck he was still alive and EXPLAIN A BIT , noooeeessss I wanna know !! :p Hopefully they'll let us non manga readers know it with next week's episode then ! :)

maybe him asking was just a part of the behind-the-scenes (>,<)

anyways... aizawa FTW! he reminded me of 'V for Vendetta'
and the Shinrabanshou dominating miharu part was... freaky x3
Jul 20, 2008 11:16 AM

Apr 2008
Pretty good episode *nod*

Oh my goodness, Aizawa is immortal? O.o I didn't saw that one coming... I really thought he was done for good. One of the best parts, indeed, very creepy.

I love Shijima. She knows something, that's for sure. I'm yet to see what would be her role in the future

Miharu covering his ears was awsome
Jul 20, 2008 11:52 AM

Nov 2007
aizawa immortal is even better. it seems that there is a connection between the two silver haired characters. miharu was great like usual and thobari sensei just needs to die. also i feel as if the fuuma clan may actually be bad to some extent.
Jul 20, 2008 12:00 PM

Feb 2008
Kouichi is love. Absolute immortal sexiness.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2008 12:20 PM
Jun 2008
holy mother of god, Aizawa is my new favourite character. O_O
Jul 20, 2008 3:43 PM

Sep 2007
Aizawa and the Shinrabanshou were great, the rest was a bit meh.

Okay episode after all.
Jul 20, 2008 9:20 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Panaru said:
As always, Aizawa is awesome, and Thobari is a damned moron. -sigh- Currently, he deserves every bit of pain he's feeling from Miharu "joining" Kairoushuu.

And here I thought Kouichi's "death" would knock some sense into him. Well, there goes that hope... As for Fuuma, that dude's always controlling everything. I don't know that he's any better than Kairoushuu's leader...

windy said:
Sounds hot xD I wanna see! Too bad I'm still stuck on Chapter 10 as I still can't understand anything more than a few words of Japanese :(

sanjica said:
Kouichi is love. Absolute immortal sexiness.
Agreed x)
Jul 20, 2008 9:21 PM

Jun 2007
so Aizawa and Shijima are related? Is Aizawa also a watcher? It would make sense since hes immortal.
Jul 20, 2008 9:23 PM

Dec 2007
Damn, Kouichi is so much win.

Other than that, I don't have much to say. It was nice to have an episode without Yoite angst. -is massacred-

Jul 20, 2008 9:24 PM
Jul 2008
lostty said:
Wow! This was such a great episode! So much was revealed that was so unexpected! I loved the ending part where Miharu covered his ears right in front of Kumohira! The only thing that came to mind for me at that moment was "what a DISS!".

I was like, "Woah. That was so badass!"

After this episode, I have a newfound respect for Miharu and a newfound attraction to Aizawa.
Jul 21, 2008 12:37 PM

Apr 2008
Kouchi is one crazy mother.
AND I LOVE IT. :(

So cute how Miharu just covered his ears while Thobari tried to preach to him, lol. I tend to do that, too.

Preview looks cute! Miharu wearing Yoite's scarf~. :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 21, 2008 3:26 PM

Jun 2008
Hmmm. I'm curious to see how they take the next step. Thobari sensei (while I love him), needs to stop whining. It's irritating.

Jul 21, 2008 5:18 PM

Oct 2007
Shinrabanshou looked awesome, but the best of this episode was Aizawa. I never expected him to be immortal.

Jul 22, 2008 12:36 AM

Oct 2007
I jumped twice while watching this episode - at Shiranbanshou and Kouichi XD
Both of them freaked me out for a second or two! Loved them nonetheless<3

I love Miharu, but I'm becoming fonder and fonder of Kouichi ;D Yay for immortality~ *was spoiled on LJ beforehand*

Serena said:
Miharu covering his ears was awsome

Exactly my thoughts! No clever comebacks from Miharu ;]
Jul 24, 2008 12:42 AM
Jun 2008
wowww
kouichi is immortal xO
and geez. thobari is as useless as ever "ILL NEVER FORGIVE U IF U USE IT"....thats gona do SOO MUCH ey.
all well~
Jul 25, 2008 4:15 PM
Jul 2008
awwwls stop bashing thobari>.<
i think he is awesome....bu that slap?
WHAT THE HECK that shouldnt have stoped it xD
Jul 27, 2008 8:52 PM

Jun 2008
Panaru said:

Agree to that.
Jul 29, 2008 11:31 AM

Jun 2007
Just when i thought Aizawa was great it turns out that hes awesome!!! Hulz yeah!

DinaraC said:
Panaru said:

Agree to that.

I shall second that
Aug 1, 2008 9:41 AM

Aug 2007
Oh my, Aizawa.. *_* I just keep falling in love with you more.

Ugh.. And Thobari-sensei is getting on my nerves. Just do something already!

Aug 1, 2008 12:15 PM

Jul 2007
whoot manu things have happened in this episode lol
death.... and revivle xD
Sep 11, 2008 4:40 PM

Nov 2007
hmm...I was kind of disappointed in this episode, I guess the previous one made me expect too much of this one : I was expecting more action, more tragedies etc hehe ^^
Revelations were made, and a new light was set on Shijima and Aizawa (so glad the dude turns out immortal, even it makes him look a bit creepy ^^; )

What I didn't like was the usual anime-occasional-incoherence popping here and there : all these ninjas are super strong, Tobari sensei used fire magic once, and none of them can make a hole in a wooden door??? And it didn't even look thick at all ! >__<; I found that a stupid pretext to let them captive...I mean, they could have found a better excuse than that -__-; anyway I'm just whining

Miharu covering up his ears was touching, a bit sad : he's clearly showing he's not "carefree" or cold; it's precisely because Tobari sensei's words could have hurt him that he decided to do it, and to show he doesn't want to listen to him T_T
I think Toari-sensei should just give up and tell everything that happened in the past : he can't expect people to follow his ideas if he doesn't let them know the foundation behind that jeez -___-;
Apr 12, 2009 12:41 AM

Jan 2008
OKay that was an interesting ep....The Aizawa being an Immortal was kinda funny in a way.....I think Shijima and Aizawa r brother and sister. but that is just me.
Jun 5, 2009 7:49 PM
Mar 2009
Old geezer finally dies, and I always knew somethin was up with the 2 platinum haired characters. hmph
Nov 28, 2009 1:07 PM

Apr 2009
A.W.E.S.O.M.E.
Loved this episode. Things are just getting better and bett in this show!!

o.O Didn't see that one coming. And also, am I the only one who thinks that Aizawa and that long-haired girl (the one who gave Miharu the book) are maybe somehow related or something? When Aizawa went craze on the peole it kind-of reminded me of her in an earlier episode...

Yeah, the slap was akward, but hey, it worked, right? A whole bunch more, but what most struk me was the end of the episode. With how Mihary covered his ears at what Thobari said... can't think of anything to describe it. It just sticks in my head - there's just something about it.

I think Miharu isn't pulling an act, tho. I had my doubts before, like "He's going to grant Yoite's wish, then leave" or something along the lies of that. But now I really think he has actually joined Kairoushuu.
Awesome episode. Can't wait to see the next.
Apr 20, 2010 5:46 PM

Apr 2008
Jun 1, 2010 9:28 AM

Oct 2009
This episode is the greatest ep of all. XD.
I think maybe only this one episode is better than the comic.

miharu awaken and kouichi is better in the anime rather in the comic.

Dec 4, 2010 5:09 AM

Aug 2010
Ok am I the only one that Miharu is pissing off? His attitude is really getting on my nerves! I'm seriously considering dropping this!
It's like "screw everyone but Yoite!". UGH!
Also what's with the yaoi undertones? That shit better be toned down in the remaining episodes
Opi-chanDec 4, 2010 7:30 AM
Jan 28, 2011 9:52 AM

Dec 2010
Aizawa was badass, i didn't guess that he was immortal, but now thats two secrets out the way (like that women[Oda?] was mentioning.) now all thats left is Tobari. Also as much as they look alike i doubt that girl is Aizawa's sister, i think they have just been traveling for a long time together due to their immorality.
Sep 30, 2011 10:05 PM

Nov 2007
GUYS

THERE WERE WINDOWS BEHIND YOU THE WHOLE TIME

MAYBE BREAK ONE AND ESCAPE?

Fucking idiots.

Anyway, Kouichi is a girl? Huh? The headmaster said "are you her?" to him when he saved him.
yamakasiSep 30, 2011 10:09 PM
Apr 11, 2012 2:36 PM

Jul 2009
Opi-chan said:
Ok am I the only one that Miharu is pissing off? His attitude is really getting on my nerves! I'm seriously considering dropping this!
It's like "screw everyone but Yoite!". UGH!
Also what's with the yaoi undertones? That shit better be toned down in the remaining episodes

Just for that, I hope they turn the gay up to eleven for the rest of the series.
Mar 20, 2013 12:05 PM

Dec 2012
I actually kinda like the Miharu/Yoite relashionship. Mainly because I like Yoite, miharu is still an annoying brat though, except when he's being a little devil.

Aizawa was awesome, I still don't understand what the director told him when he he came to rescue him..that thing about the girl or whatever.
Tobari better back off; At first he was my favorite then he started getting all kinds of annoying.

4/5.
Insert wise quote here
Apr 10, 2013 4:18 PM

Jan 2013
Hmm, my theory of using them for something to be able to make the Daya was right, though I was thinking that it will happen in the rooms. I hate when I predict stuff like this, it's like self spoiling.
Anyways just wanted to write that here, about this episode.. well it was awesome, except for the slap, that was kinda... umm weak. idk the following is a spoiler? anyways I'll tag it just to be on the safe side

Hmm, anyways those are my thoughts of it.
May 9, 2013 7:24 AM

Mar 2013
Kouichi Aizawa was very surprising in this episode ! Sure, it was strange That he hypnotizes and kills mens Easily, but learn that he's immortal change the situation. His other face more creepy makes it all the more interesting...

"An Eye for an Eye, a Tooth for a Tooth, and Evil for Evil."

Jun 18, 2013 10:35 AM

Jun 2012
I really loved this episode, but Tobari really pissed me off more than usual. I've always hated him, but he was at an all time high during this episode. Everything else was great.
Jan 19, 2016 2:25 AM

Jun 2010
Loved this one too. Aizawa kicked ass once again!
Aug 1, 2021 6:49 AM

Aug 2020
So from mind control to immortality? I'm getting a bad vibe from this guy.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nabari no Ou Episode 20 Discussion

aly_angelflight - Sep 9, 2008

16 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 16, 9:46 AM

» Help: Nabari no Ou filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Feb 8

1 by Yuliyshii »»
Feb 9, 3:53 AM

» Does it get better?

rozwielidka - Mar 15, 2023

10 by Daiyamondo »»
Mar 24, 2023 7:34 AM

Poll: » Nabari no Ou Episode 25 Discussion

Kiseki - Sep 24, 2008

18 by Roch2001 »»
Dec 2, 2022 9:50 AM

Poll: » Nabari no Ou Episode 23 Discussion

Kiseki - Sep 24, 2008

19 by Roch2001 »»
Dec 2, 2022 8:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.