Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2011 11:31 AM
Sep 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh, they discuss the incest too
Goh'Dan
Apr 7, 2013 6:08 AM

Jan 2008
Interesting to see that the problem between Kaimu and Alti actually comes from Kamui. Kaimu made it seem so far that she was basically violated by Alti and now it turns out that Alti simply wanted to console her sister and Kaimu took it too far.
"Truth is always a delusion." - Friedrich Dürrenmatt
Jul 15, 2015 3:18 PM

Feb 2010
Um... they can travel through time then why no one did time-travel Ri majon in the 1st episode when Amuria died? Maybe only Nevril can do that?
May 24, 2016 7:02 AM

Feb 2014
Silly Dominura! To pilot the Simoun, the two girls in the pair need to connect with each other and that's why you don't put sisters because GOSH DARN IT that's INCEST and that's NOT OKAY!

lol @ the end Kaimu's like: "My blood tastes like Alti's..." which of course she would know because she bit Alti's lip instead of kissing it :p
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2016 6:31 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Aaeru doesnt understand the situation a bit, lack sensitivity and hurts Neviril alot... come on girl, you got step up your game, to get that ship on the water.
Feb 15, 2018 11:07 AM

Feb 2013
Lame melodrama sideplot. Only thing that was good was the few lines that acknowledged the other country's persistence and questioned why they're so driven - likely leading to revealing the situation they're suffering without the Holy Land's help.
Dec 23, 2020 9:41 PM

Aug 2018
Pretty good episode, with a little Yuri incest thrown in for good measure. Aaeru is ready for action now.
Jun 9, 2021 4:29 AM

Feb 2017
I think this episode might single-handedly drop my score on this show by a point, or at least whatever this bullshit subplot between Kaimu and Alti is. Bad incest melodrama isn't something I'd wanna inflict on anyone.

I'd mind less if either character had any narrative purpose beyond making a convoluted love web, but they don't, and the show hasn't really given me anything to invest in them beyond aforementioned convoluted love web. The incest is really just the icing on the cake because both characters are so insufferably obnoxious about their tangled relationship -- especially Kaimu's failure to convince anyone (including herself) that she's not responsible for anything here..

Neviril is also starting to feel like an insufferable hypocrite -- I don't think she gets to lecture anyone on relationships or being dependant on others, given she spent half the series so far sulking in her room. Perhaps this is a callous attitude towards someone who'd been traumatized, but the show has neglected to really sell her feelings or thoughts or anything so it just felt like waiting for her to finally do something, which wasn't very interesting.

Honestly, Aaeru is really carrying the cast. A lot of them are likeable enough (Floe and Rodoreamon just had some pretty decent arcs at that) but nothing's really been punchy or cohesive or deep enough to really pull me in, whereas Aaeru's worldview is pretty compelling and I'd like to see them dig into it more.

I also really hope they dig into the gender stuff more, it's a cool concept that the show's mostly done nothing with since Neviril's friend went to the Spring. There's a lot of room to genuinely explore gender and sexuality here.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Simoun Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kotori - Apr 6, 2008

75 by teaknight »»
Mar 1, 11:52 AM

Poll: » Simoun Episode 10 Discussion

gohdan - Sep 22, 2011

10 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 4, 7:20 PM

Poll: » Simoun Episode 8 Discussion

gohdan - Sep 8, 2011

13 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 4, 7:16 PM

Poll: » Simoun Episode 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Aug 7, 2012

8 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 4, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Simoun Episode 2 Discussion

Ksanclaire122 - Aug 8, 2013

5 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 4, 6:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.