Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 29, 2011 10:06 AM

Oct 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The girls are getting ready for their live, but Ryuugu Komachi get held up and are going to make it late. Cue the girls worrying and trying to figure out if they can handle it. Right before they were going to be sent off to the stage, I even felt worried for them.

There are a TON of insert songs this episode, but most of them were still shots and only lasted a few seconds. The first song was kind of a troll, because it was THE iDOLM@STER and I was really excited, but then it kept cutting to the audience or other people instead of the girls actually performing, and then it was over.

The other songs performed: Otome yo Taishi wo Idake, Kiramekirari, My Best Friend, Watashi wa Idol, Start Star, Omoide wo Arigatou, Next Life, Flower Girl, Day of the Future, and Me ga Au Toki.

I was really happy to see Omoide wo Arigatou in the anime, even if it was only a few seconds, because it's my favorite song.

In addition to that, Miki performed a brand new song along with Hibiki and Makoto. It sounded great, and she used her mature voice for it. They also fully animated it too, which was awesome.

Then the big dance sequence everyone was waiting for, all the girls performed the new song that they had been working on in the previous episodes. Definitely going to need to re-watch that and play it back multiple times to spot all the details. Great animation.

Ryuguu Komachi shows up finally, but we don't get to see any of their concerts. When they finish, they get back and all the girls are asleep. Cute. The ED is an ALLSTARS version of i.

This episode was a little disappointing in some ways, because they ruined the concerts a bit by making too many cuts, when everyone just wants to see them dancing. But when they finally did start dancing, it was great.
OustoSep 29, 2011 10:24 AM
Sep 29, 2011 11:08 AM

Nov 2008
Miki saved the concert bigtime, no amount of praise could do her justice for this. Poor Miki got exhausted in the process. A lot of heart, soul, and sweat was put into everyones' performances. Seeing the girls asleep from exhaustion was quite cute. it was nice to hear my Best Friend for a few seconds as well. It sucks not to see Ryuguu Komachi's concert performances though.

We get a proper ED too.

5/5

Sep 29, 2011 2:43 PM

Dec 2010
Amazing animation in the second part. Miki gained back the points she lost last episode, she was amazing in this one. I'm wondering if there are still going to be single character focused episodes. I read somewhere that they were going to quit doing that, but some idols didn't get their episode yet :(

Miki-fans should be happy though, she clearly has been getting the most spotlight out of all the idols with Iori being second in line.

Edit: I just watched the dance sequence in HD for a couple of times and I'll have to say that I didn't enjoy it as much as Ryuuguu Komachi's performance. Why? There were too many idols on stage.The camera kept going from left to right really fast in some parts and in others it kept switching from 1 idol to the other. It just didn't feel as a whole to me.

ArcrexK said:
Miki's performance "マリオネットの心" or "Marionette of the Heart" was stunning as hell - easily shone far above all the rest.

I feel slightly annoyed at the producer who just replied 'yeah you sparkled' when she asked him - he should have told her she was the best - because she damn was.

I MUST HAVE THE SONG, NOW. It's not on any previous Idolm@ster releases... WHY OH WHY!? THE BEST DAMN SONG IN THE ENTIRE SERIES... and it's an original...

Yea it looked great, but I think you're quite overreacting there. It's not really that fair to compair a fully animated performance to the performances of other idols that only lasted about 10 freakin' seconds.
RainbowMagnetSep 30, 2011 8:22 AM
Sep 29, 2011 3:23 PM
Oct 2007
Hoppy said:
It sucks not to see Ryuguu Komachi's concert performances though.

Why? They were just dancing Smoky Thrill again.
Sep 29, 2011 9:06 PM

May 2011
Yay Miki shined and saved the concert! too bad ryuguu komachi got stuck in a typhoon!
Sep 30, 2011 2:10 AM

Jun 2010
After last week's somewhat disappointing episode, this episode bounced back right into the ball game. Some budget cuts here and there, but when the dancing started, animation was great. Miki gained a lot of points this episode with that song she sang with Makoto and Hibiki, she actually does have a good voice. And that RESTART, that was awesome. Great episode, looks like next week starts the beginning of change for the idol's careers.
Sep 30, 2011 2:37 AM

Sep 2010
That was orgasmic.
Sep 30, 2011 4:20 AM

Feb 2011
Miki's performance "マリオネットの心" or "Marionette of the Heart" was stunning as hell - easily shone far above all the rest.

I feel slightly annoyed at the producer who just replied 'yeah you sparkled' when she asked him - he should have told her she was the best - because she damn was.

I MUST HAVE THE SONG, NOW. It's not on any previous Idolm@ster releases... WHY OH WHY!? THE BEST DAMN SONG IN THE ENTIRE SERIES... and it's an original...
Sep 30, 2011 6:36 AM

Aug 2010
Yeah, Miki!!!!

Nice to see everyone else do well and not just Ryuugu Komachi stuff.
Sep 30, 2011 9:46 AM

Jul 2011
Loved Mikki's Marionette of the Heart song!!!! It was jammin lol

765 Pro did their thing!!! (Special thanks to Mikki though)
Sep 30, 2011 10:08 AM

Jul 2010
This episode was big setup for 765 pro stars. They got some good time on stage and performed very well, I'm sure they will get popular just like Ryuugu Komachi in next few episodes. Miki-Miki save the day. I liked her last song with Makoto and Hibiki.
Sep 30, 2011 10:15 AM

Sep 2010
WHY THE FUCK WAS THIS NOT AN 1.5 HOUR EPISODE SHOWNIG ALL THE SONGS IN FULL LENGTH?

after i stopped raging about that, i enjoyed this episode a lot, still i wanted to hear those fucking songs since most of em sounded a lot better than the crap i've been fed last 12 episodes of insert songs.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 30, 2011 10:30 AM

Nov 2008
Leonard93 said:
WHY THE FUCK WAS THIS NOT AN 1.5 HOUR EPISODE SHOWNIG ALL THE SONGS IN FULL LENGTH?

It could happen the Gero-Gero scene in ep 4 is going to be recreated in live action with the VAs in the DVD/BD of vol 4. Now I can see why these BDs are $130 a vol, you get quite a bit for that overinflated price.

Sep 30, 2011 11:05 AM

Sep 2008
Yeah, fuck you, Ryuuguu Komachi.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 30, 2011 11:07 AM

Jun 2008
Leonard93 said:

after i stopped raging about that, i enjoyed this episode a lot, still i wanted to hear those fucking songs since most of em sounded a lot better than the crap i've been fed last 12 episodes of insert songs.

Well, the point of watching the anime is watching the anime lol. If you really want to hear the songs ad see the dances either play the game or watch them from youtube.

Anime series doesn't have that luxury to spare. lol

Seriously, I didn't watch this just to see the singing and dancing. I have the game for that.

HawthorneKitty said:
Yeah, fuck you, Ryuuguu Komachi.

Stop being a fucking hipster.

Once again I'll say this:
-without Ryuguu Komachi, 765 Pro won't be invited to the Idol Olympics
-without them, 765 won't be able to have a Large live event.
-and finally without them in this episode, the fans will rage and that would ruin 765 Pro reputation, despite the awesome performance by the other idols.

-Ryuguu Komachi was formed to raise 765 Pro's Reputation, IF 765 Pro is famous, then more people will see the other idols.

They never act snobbish or feel they're more superior:
-In the Olympics, Iori personally threaten the other producer for the sake 765 Pro.
-When the other Idols got a chance to perform live with them, they're also happy.

Seriously stop being a fucking hipster.

All the Idols in 765 Pro are united, they even made a fucking song to show it.

kaimaxSep 30, 2011 11:15 AM

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Sep 30, 2011 11:20 AM

Sep 2010
Seriously, I didn't watch this just to see the singing and dancing. I have the game for that.

kinda what i hoped from this anime :P.
Sep 30, 2011 11:26 AM

Jun 2008
Leonard93 said:

Lol, that would be super redundant.
Like Sakurano Kurimu from Seitokai Ichizon says:
You need to understand the Media differences

But since they're starting to get famous, expect more Dancing and singing in future episodes I guess.

Sep 30, 2011 11:31 AM

Sep 2008
lol someone needs to calm down.
Sep 30, 2011 11:43 AM

Sep 2009
This was easily the best episode in the series, I hope it continues on well from here.
Sep 30, 2011 12:12 PM

Sep 2010
kaimax said:
Leonard93 said:

Lol, that would be super redundant.
Like Sakurano Kurimu from Seitokai Ichizon says:
You need to understand the Media differences

But since they're starting to get famous, expect more Dancing and singing in future episodes I guess.

i never played or even heard of the game, so ye.
Sep 30, 2011 12:12 PM
Jun 2009
kaimax said:

Stop being a fucking hipster.
All the Idols in 765 Pro are united, they even made a fucking song to show it.

lol calm down it's not a death sentence debate. i also don't like 765. just because. and what?
Sep 30, 2011 12:43 PM

Aug 2008
REST@@@@@@RT

Shit was incredible.
Sep 30, 2011 12:44 PM

Jul 2010
Wow that was a really stunning performance by everyone! The were cutting it really close, but in the end Ryuugu Komachi finally made it.

So that was it, the halfway point. I guess from here on the whole group will be pretty popular. Nice flashback of all the previous episodes too!

Sep 30, 2011 1:04 PM

Oct 2010
Ok after this ep I have to rate this 10. Cant remember to watched such a wonderful ep ever. Full of adrenaline, I felt like I was there live. Even jumped and screamed xD
Too bad that they didnt show every song but its ok, and I dont mind at all.

I even thought it was a final ep because it was so great. Simplay cant stop be amaze. Beautiful serie and as a Idol lover I cant stop thanking namco for making such a awesome game.

Im@s 4 EVAR <3
Sep 30, 2011 5:37 PM

Apr 2011
Not sure why people are hating on "Ryuuguu Komachi" group, they're from the same company, it could of been any of your favorite girls chosen to be in that group. : /

kaimax said:
Ditto.

I didn't mind the bad quality of the previous episode (12), as long they've a consistent (interactions, back-stories and spread focus amount the group) story for the show, but they better at least make the performances in best quality that they can afford!

More Makoto please!

and hopefully the girls will meet the boy band in person and maybe even be recognize as rivals, oh some tiny hints of romance is cool with me.
vansonbeeSep 30, 2011 5:44 PM
Sep 30, 2011 6:19 PM

Apr 2011
Hints of romance? Where!?

On the other hand, this episode rocks! All of them performed well on stage especially Miki who helped give the audience enthusiasm to watch them perform while RK is on the way. Seriously, the performed three straight performances and pushing herself to her limits. Thank goodness she didn't pass out on stage that would've been terrible. They really did there best to give RK more. I'm pretty sure Miki and the girls would become more famous from now on.

Miki's Marionette and REST@RT where the two best songs here. I'm so pumped up on this episode that I'll be watching this again.
Sep 30, 2011 7:03 PM

Jul 2009
Great job to the 765PRO ALL STARS, though the audience did come for Ryuuguu Komachi in the beginning.

There was a great Miki-Producer moment. She wasn't the only one though. Haruka, Mami, and Hibiki were great too.

GIFs from 2chan

On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Sep 30, 2011 7:14 PM

Jan 2011
7Th said:
Hoppy said:
It sucks not to see Ryuguu Komachi's concert performances though.

Why? They were just dancing Smoky Thrill again.

LOL true, it sucks that P-san don't know how to make a good impression though, he should have do more than "yeah you sparkled", Miki saved the damn show there.
The ED was epic, good recap and great music, hope for ep14 soon.

10/10
Sep 30, 2011 8:00 PM

Jul 2008
Woahhh my favorite episode so far for sure!! I was glued to the computer screen the whole time. Miki was AMAZING. She's adorable, her voice is brilliant and she pushed herself so hard to make the concert a success. All the other idols were great as well~ I especially loved the Miki,Hibiki,Makoto bit. They're my favorite 3 idols. I'm still in shock of how awesome this episode was. @_@
mcc badge

Toph: "Even though I was born blind, I've never had any problems seeing."
Sep 30, 2011 8:45 PM

Jan 2009
Yes, yes this all very cute and interesting but when is Chihaya about to get some screen time?? After mikki's annoying debut in the last episode to here amazing performance in the episode i still could careless. The only story/drama rich character i have seen so far is Chihaya ive been waiting Patience giving the rest of the girl's there chance to shine. Fuck miki, fuck ryugukomachi or whatever there called, and please feed me some type of story or a back story or something.

Hell we are almost half way through and there is not even an antagonist. A rival group or something, too any of you who have played the game is there anything even close to what im hopping for in this series?I know my tone my sound like i hate the show, but it is quite the opposite. Just getting impatience
Sep 30, 2011 8:45 PM
Jul 2009
ArcrexK said:

I'm very Sorry to nitpick a little bit here but:
The correct translation of "マリオネットの心" is 「Heart of the Marionette」 :)
just like when you read "風の谷のナウシカ" which translates to 「Nausica of the Valley of the Wind」

Cheers
Sep 30, 2011 9:09 PM
Oct 2007
DarthVantos said:
Hell we are almost half way through and there is not even an antagonist. A rival group or something, too any of you who have played the game is there anything even close to what im hopping for in this series?I know my tone my sound like i hate the show, but it is quite the opposite. Just getting impatience

Yes. The game features Kuroi, the president of 961 Pro and a man that hates 765 Pro because he had a serious conflict with Chief Takag int past, and Jupiter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1O6xG3S5tQ&feature=player_detailpage. They're finally becoming relevant next episode.
7ThOct 1, 2011 7:36 AM
Sep 30, 2011 11:45 PM

May 2011
number979 said:
ArcrexK said:

just like when you read "風の谷のナウシカ" which translates to 「Nausica of the Valley of the Wind」

Cheers

It does not sound right. the "the" in yours sounds weird knowing marionette is a type of puppet. It's Heart of a Marionette.
RayyyOct 1, 2011 12:35 AM
Oct 1, 2011 12:43 AM

Dec 2010
Best episode yet!
Oct 1, 2011 3:47 AM

Apr 2011
Lol. Next episode Makoto and Hibiki are wearing disguises. Must be to prevent raging fans from chasing them.

Congratulations to the girls for their successful first live concert.
MagitoOct 1, 2011 4:24 AM
Oct 1, 2011 5:31 AM
Jul 2009
Rayyy said:
number979 said:
ArcrexK said:

Cheers

It does not sound right. the "the" in yours sounds weird knowing marionette is a type of puppet. It's Heart of a Marionette.

yeap your probably right :) thankyou
Oct 1, 2011 10:48 AM

Sep 2010
forgot to add this in my last posts cause of endless rage.

the outfits are sexy as fuck.
Oct 1, 2011 3:24 PM

Jul 2008
Best episode yet.

マリオネットの心 was the best imo.
Oct 1, 2011 5:04 PM
Oct 2010
Somehow, I expected a bit more in terms of animation. It was a great episode, don't get me wrong, but I, too, would have liked more detailed and lengthier dancing and singing scenes.

Mikimikimikimiki really worked hard this time :) So did the rest of the girls.

Sigh... but my dream of an anime version of Fame remains a dream, I guess.
Oct 2, 2011 3:15 AM

Jan 2010
Yay for Miki mania <3
Oct 2, 2011 5:29 AM

Apr 2011
For a second there, Yukiho looked similar to Yui in K-ON when the camera zoom in on her and she winked while they where dancing.
Oct 2, 2011 5:55 AM

Aug 2008
arsonal said:
Great job to the 765PRO ALL STARS, though the audience did come for Ryuuguu Komachi in the beginning.

There was a great Miki-Producer moment. She wasn't the only one though. Haruka, Mami, and Hibiki were great too.

GIFs from 2chan

ROFL, I just noticed the other box on the left. xD
Oct 2, 2011 6:26 AM

Apr 2011
I forgot how many times I kept playing REST@RT over and over again. lol

Funny, that Miki didn't collapse right when she's off stage but decided to collapse
in front of producer. Aww...
Oct 2, 2011 12:49 PM

Sep 2010
Could it be that Ryuugou Komachi was in the south? Because when the chief and the producer were talking at the first scene, there was a weather forecast on the television and there were circles at some southern places in Japan.
That marionette song was the best in the episode.
Who is that guy with that hat that shows up in whole the episode near the chief? I recognize him but are not sure who it is.
And Miki was being very cute this episode.

They exaggerated a bit on this being the half of the series, they showed a sort of recap of the series until now in the ending, made the title of next episode "The world that begins to change.", and if I'm right the show will feature a new opening starting next week. It really looks like there's gonna be a change, mainly because they have now had their first concert and now the real idol business is starting.
Oct 2, 2011 3:11 PM

Aug 2008
It's the journalist bro next to Chief.
Oct 2, 2011 10:48 PM

Sep 2010
destructo22 said:

Wasn't he also the one who was looking at the photos of the idols at one of the first eps?
Oct 2, 2011 11:08 PM

Jul 2009
anybody got a full version of miki's song?
and what an awesome episode. im glad i didnt drop this anime.
i so gotta go to a japanese concert one day. from what ive seen, they're just so lively and fun!
KurogashiOct 2, 2011 11:11 PM
Oct 10, 2011 5:47 PM

Jun 2008
Kurogashi said:
anybody got a full version of miki's song?

Marionette no Kokoro is a new song, that's not from the original game. So, we need to wait for it.

Oct 19, 2011 5:01 AM
Feb 2011
Catching up on Idolmaster, almost there.
Best episode so far, I was smiling the whole time. :)
Most of the time I don't particularly care about the choreographies and the songs, but they were all great and I might even *gasp* get the full versions of them. Miki is definitely my favorite.
godspeedspikeOct 19, 2011 5:08 AM
Oct 19, 2011 1:08 PM

Aug 2008
Ovindel said:
destructo22 said:

Wasn't he also the one who was looking at the photos of the idols at one of the first eps?
Yup. He's also Chief's "tea time" buddy. xD
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ousto - Nov 17, 2011

204 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 10, 1:39 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Niyawa - Nov 10, 2011

65 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 8, 10:51 AM

» Do you have the original (this one) in order to watch million live and cinderella girls

FruityLime - Dec 9, 2023

1 by Mardhav_2007 »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:58 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ousto - Jul 28, 2011

80 by Javen_the_Jammy »»
Oct 29, 2023 12:38 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ousto - Dec 22, 2011

136 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 8:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.