Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 28, 2011 8:20 AM

Jan 2008
Dusk252 said:
communiist said:
Way too underrated
^This. Kamisama Dolls was actually surprisingly good. It wasn't excellent but it was probably the best thing I watched from this summer season. I've got to say I really appreciated that they left the ending open for a second season instead of rushing it and either still leaving plot points unresolved or giving poor and nonsensical answers to every question we're left with. It gets a 8/10 from me and I'm totally looking forward to the next season.

same here. my favorite summer anime, and aki is one of my favorite characters over-all
Sep 28, 2011 9:01 AM

May 2010
That was great, first of all the kissing(my favorite), the almost out control part and now I'm waiting for the second season
Sep 28, 2011 10:04 AM

Apr 2011
hibino is mine itadakimasu !! -kyouhai

Kyouhai's true self?

aki's smile of farewell was really cool

really looking forward for 2nd season
TrOjAnHoRsESep 28, 2011 10:24 AM
Sep 28, 2011 11:09 AM
Jan 2011
RyuKirin said:
I hope they do a second season, I thoroughly enjoyed this series, it's definitely one of my favorites of the Summer.

Pls Click
[ythttp://youtu.be/u2PLen--cEI[/yt]

Man, was Kukuri so pissed that it fought without Utao nor Kiyohei controlling it, and nice ending as well, but man, I don't even get to see Miharu's panty.

Season 2? Maybe there will be or maybe not...........
Pls click
[ythttp://youtu.be/KVdcc26Yd_4[/yt]
Sep 28, 2011 11:42 AM

Jul 2011
Wow pretty nice way to the end anime.

Ready for season 2 now because Kyohei was lookin beast in that preview lol
Sep 28, 2011 12:09 PM
Jun 2008
不完全燃焼....incomplete combustion...

they should had burn it completely in this episode .
MorningGlorySep 28, 2011 12:13 PM
Sep 28, 2011 12:56 PM

Dec 2010
Nice going but i wanted to see Kyohei go on rampage xP
oh well i hope we get a seacond season and btw
Sep 28, 2011 1:40 PM

Feb 2008
It doesn't really have to be Kyohei, lol it could be presequel but I also want to believe it's Kyohei since the ending title.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 28, 2011 2:21 PM

Jul 2010
Not a bad ending for this season, yet there were a lot of things unexplained and inconclusive. In the next season Kyohei will return to being a Seki and control Kukuri once more. Nice teaser of the fight with the monster too. Looking forward to it.

Overall a pretty nice series, yet nothing really special. 7/10.

Sep 28, 2011 2:46 PM

Jun 2011
WILL HAVE A SECOND SEASON, RIGHT?
Sep 28, 2011 2:48 PM
Sep 2011
I don't know if i liked the last episode but i thought the anime was ok!

Spirited Away is a masterpiece !!
Sep 28, 2011 5:22 PM

Aug 2010
Not bad actually but to have Hibino kiss Kyohei and Aki making up with Kyohei in one episode is a bit too much for my taste
all in all pretty enjoyable despite the rather slow-ish beginning and some weird quirks here and there
would've wanted Kirio to see Kyohei at the hospital too though seeing as how much he cared about his brother :3
Second season is probably confirmed seeing the ending, can't wait for Kyohei action since he didnt really do anything this episode bar the flash backs
8/10 from me, very enjoyable indeed :D especially Mahiru's appearance and Kyohei's harem rofl
Sep 28, 2011 5:54 PM

Sep 2010
Need moar.
2nd season please.
Sep 28, 2011 6:28 PM

Apr 2010
That was a great ending. The kissing part was really done well because you do not see it coming in that way. Its just *BAM* in your face. Also I love how they give a little preview of the next season at the end. Great job. 5/5 8/10
Sep 28, 2011 11:19 PM

Feb 2011
Last part is damn cool !

I think I'm switching from Aki to Kyohei but he already have Hibino and he only looks cool in psycho mode =_=

Can't wait for the next story.

7/10
Sep 29, 2011 12:53 AM

Jul 2007
I am relieved.

I am relieved they did NOT go anime-original ending.
I am relieved we will get next parts of manga animated one day.

I am relieved to say this anime was pretty much the best thing to happen this season.

Kyohei is awesome organic and REALISTIC lead character. The whole season was really about his emotional journey of accepting who he is and facing the future forward. He is awesome lead who did not need power or cool fights to develop as character. Flawed, interesting human being.

Even if the show doe snot get a next season(i am pretty sure it will), this will most likely draw more attention to the manga and speed up the scanlation rate, so its all a good thing.

8/10 for anime.

9000/10 for the finale.

Also:
communiist said:
Way too underrated

This. Agreed so much.

Also, people, Kukuri did NOT go berserk. Pretty much everything, from its controlled and prtty much non-berserk fight and how it actually did not harm the "good guys" and the fact that it still had kyohei's song upon it during that implies that Kyohei, even if unconscious, was controlling the thing during the fight
AhenshihaelSep 29, 2011 1:55 AM
Sep 29, 2011 3:49 AM

Feb 2010
communiist said:
Way too underrated

Completely agree. Better than anything else that has been on this season.
Sep 29, 2011 4:15 AM

Mar 2011
communiist said:
Way too underrated
totally agree. one of the best of summer, best op & ed of summer season. really hope there'll be second season :)
Sep 29, 2011 5:40 AM

Mar 2011
Overall it's quite good
it's like the 1st season focus mainly on character introduction and the last episode hinting a gruesome event

Love the music especially kukuri's song(kyohei)

OVA or Season 2 pls...

Sep 29, 2011 9:44 AM

Jul 2011
annabloem said:
Dusk252 said:
communiist said:
Way too underrated
^This. Kamisama Dolls was actually surprisingly good. It wasn't excellent but it was probably the best thing I watched from this summer season. I've got to say I really appreciated that they left the ending open for a second season instead of rushing it and either still leaving plot points unresolved or giving poor and nonsensical answers to every question we're left with. It gets a 8/10 from me and I'm totally looking forward to the next season.

same here. my favorite summer anime, and aki is one of my favorite characters over-all

Amen. With an open ending (and the expectatives of a possible 2nd season) at least it didn´t end as disastrous as *cough* No6 and Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi *cough*. And thanks to this series I have a brand new favorite character: KUUKO!! (c´mon, she rulz, doesn´t she? XD)
8/10
Karura_JiinsaruSep 29, 2011 10:52 AM
Sep 29, 2011 1:40 PM
Sep 2011
It's a pity we didn't get to see Kyouhei in bad-ass-mode but it was nevertheless a good episode to wrap the show up. The preview really got me excited tbh.
Sep 29, 2011 5:44 PM

Aug 2010
This anime would have been so much better if it ran 2 cour. As expected, the ending episode was just rushed. If it had more, it can expand as well.

I did enjoy this series, but the fanservice loli thing seems kinda...forced. The ending of this episode was the only part the title referred to...so kinda wtf. Hoping the next season is successful enough to get through.

Overall rating: 7.5/10
Sep 29, 2011 6:42 PM

Apr 2009
it seems like the link between utao is cut, and either it has to be reinitialized or went back to Kyohei and he just doesnt realize it yet, that would explain why it didnt move.

Also can anyone make a GIF of the ending of ep 13 of Kyohei standing in front of the seki with the blue eyes please. i cant find it and im not sure on how to make it.

also for some reason this anime is the one i was mostly waiting to see every week this season, its not like it was action packed but for some reason i very very much enjoyed watching it. I was hopeing for a longer battle but you cant always get what you want.
Sep 29, 2011 9:54 PM

Jan 2011
Archie74 said:
Archie74 said:
Nine episodes are gone out of 13, so... four episodes to finish this story will definitely be rushed. Well unless they are planning on a second season.

Yeah... second season. All in all, I enjoyed this anime, it was very fun to watch. Specially for its quirky facial expressions. 8/10.

Facial expressions of this show: FTW
I enjoyed the show, it wasn't good as I expected but not bad either, for me Hibino is just a airhead with boobies, but Kyouhei got what he wanted, a decent 8/10 too.
I think I'll go read the manga before a second season, but the sales are bad, I mean, bad. DVDs are fail already, and BD isn't that attractive too. We'll have to wait and see.
Sep 30, 2011 1:12 AM

Nov 2007
face palm at him and Aki laughing at the end. just go back to the village with him, bros before hos.

I still hate cowtits, and sighed at them kissing. she's just not interesting, the only worse character is annoying Utao. he should only be with the awesome Mahiru.

doesn't feel like much happened here, waiting for 2nd season.
Sep 30, 2011 1:20 AM

Mar 2009
If we're talking best of the season, the OP was, without a doubt, the best of the season; stylish visuals, well-directed, great song. That's for sure. Even Usagi Drop's OP paled in comparison. And Dantalian's.

I'm not going to say anything too harsh about Kamisama Dolls, as Brains Base is one of my favorite studios(they clearly focused more of their efforts on Penguindrum and Natsume S3, no doubt they had their work cut out for them with 3 shows in one season!), but in short, the series wasn't able to reach the heights of episode 7 ever again. Whatever I may think of this show, that was a fantastic episode. Overall though, 6/10.

A second season would be nice, and I'd be lying if I said the teaser scenes weren't intriguing, but the DVD sales have been abysmal so far. So...who knows? I'm gonna say probably not.
Sep 30, 2011 1:34 AM

Dec 2010
Im really interested the the preview!! >.<
Ughh, now we have to wait another year or so for the next season.
Sep 30, 2011 7:14 AM

Jan 2010
nice ending made me looking forward to 2nd season ^^
Sep 30, 2011 1:25 PM

Jan 2008
read your comments guys.
what the heck?
you licked this episode and series because you got a promise for a story continuation in 2nd season?
Basically nothing has happened in this season. And you are all looking for 2nd season.
It is just a marketing trick which got you hooked - they promise you to finish unfinished story. And because you want to see the guy fighting (or those over-sized boobs again), which did NOT happen in this season, you like this season?

No finished story. Very weak character development. Much promise, though.
Sep 30, 2011 2:11 PM

Jul 2007
GDL-URAHARA said:

Basically nothing has happened in this season.

I amsorry but a lot happened.

This show was very focused on character development, lots of it. Most of the show was character, especialy Kyohei, development.

goin gby how characters developed and their realism, this show comes first in this whole year as having most realistically developed characters.

It literally defied and denied any sort of mary sue characters that plague anime market nowadays.
It did not have any kaminas kira yamatos or other mary sue perfections anime fanbase enjoys and that was utterly refreshing.

I could care less about kyohei fighting or not. His character and how he changed through the show is enough for me to care about next season.
Oct 2, 2011 9:10 AM

Nov 2010
This anime is not one of my favorites for this season, but I kinda enjoyed it at the end. If there will be a second season I will definitely watch it. I think this anime has a lot of potential and maybe it will get better in another season.
Overall 7/10 for me.
Oct 2, 2011 4:18 PM

May 2008
damn..... need second season!
Oct 14, 2011 10:45 PM
Apr 2011
Hope there is a second season soon. It'll be pretty stupid having ended it like that and no second season.

Looks like Kyouhei was controlling Kukuri whilst fighting against the other kakashi. Maybe kukuri doesn't move anymore cause after that battle, it somehow switched back to following kyouhei? anyways, if there's going to be a 2nd season, seems like kyouhei will be a seki again and fight against that monster. i really wanna see that. i really wanna see kyouhei go crazy hahaha!

overall it was an ok series. lots of loose ends and a lot happened within the the 13 episodes. my main dislike would be hibino though, lol. she's an outsider, and annoying. 7/10 for me
Oct 18, 2011 1:04 AM
Dec 2007
Fai said:
GDL-URAHARA said:

Basically nothing has happened in this season.

I amsorry but a lot happened.

This show was very focused on character development, lots of it. Most of the show was character, especialy Kyohei, development.

goin gby how characters developed and their realism, this show comes first in this whole year as having most realistically developed characters.

It literally defied and denied any sort of mary sue characters that plague anime market nowadays.
It did not have any kaminas kira yamatos or other mary sue perfections anime fanbase enjoys and that was utterly refreshing.

I could care less about kyohei fighting or not. His character and how he changed through the show is enough for me to care about next season.
I'm sorry but it was an anticlimactic ending which failed to even properly set upwhat we SHOULD be expecting next. The only thing we got in the end was an out of nowhere spoiler of Kyouhei's return as Kukuri's Sekai and Hyuga being a creep. It clearly felt like this story was adapted too early in the manga's lifetime (for a manga that takes so long to develop) and since there's only about 2 volumes available to adapt now we'll likely be sitting in our thumbs for anything resembling a proper climax to this story.

Oct 20, 2011 7:30 AM

Jul 2007
Leon-Gun said:
I'm sorry but it was an anticlimactic ending which failed to even properly set upwhat we SHOULD be expecting next. The only thing we got in the end was an out of nowhere spoiler of Kyouhei's return as Kukuri's Sekai and Hyuga being a creep. It clearly felt like this story was adapted too early in the manga's lifetime (for a manga that takes so long to develop) and since there's only about 2 volumes available to adapt now we'll likely be sitting in our thumbs for anything resembling a proper climax to this story.

It as not out of nowhere.

IT as set up as early as when he unconsciously took over Kukuri to absorb Utao's twin's attack. And the whole season itself focused on his reasoning of not being a seki and him overcoming it.

The whole season built up to him facing and accepting himself, every episode had themes connected to his state of mind(considering the seki trio all are differently psychologically broken people suffering from cptsd. ). The whole show so far was a road of his reasons and his character development. It was all about him accepting the side of his he saw in Aki
Oct 21, 2011 1:17 PM

Sep 2010
Hmm... a lot of spoilers for the 2nd season in the ending and the part after it. So that naked lady becomes the Seki of that monster Kakashi.
Anyway, it was not really a conclusion, but an okay way to end it while we can wait for the continuation. Good though that they solved it a bit with Aki. I don't like Hibino, so I don't really have an opinion about that.
Nov 9, 2011 2:23 AM

Sep 2011
I really enjoyed this series idk why everyone gave it low scores and dropped it. Personally I liked protagonist Kyouhei especially when he goes insane.. awesome. I also liked the story and cant wait for a second season. I give it a 8.5 although I rated it a 10 so it would boost its low 7.
Nov 9, 2011 2:34 AM

Sep 2011
Fai said:

IT as set up as early as when he unconsciously took over Kukuri to absorb Utao's twin's attack. And the whole season itself focused on his reasoning of not being a seki and him overcoming it. The whole season built up to him facing and accepting himself, every episode had themes connected to his state of mind(considering the seki trio all are differently psychologically broken people suffering from cptsd. ). The whole show so far was a road of his reasons and his character development. It was all about him accepting the side of his he saw in Aki

I also thought he took control of it to stop Utao's twin too. I mean it pretty easy to pick up on that it was him, I hope everyone realized that. oh sry for the double post
Nov 17, 2011 12:04 PM

Jan 2011
The series was ok, I guess.....hmmmm....7/10
Yep, a season 2 would be good...I guess...
Nov 27, 2011 11:54 AM
Aug 2011
I have to say I'm really surprised by how much I enjoyed this series. Those last few minutes felt like an advertisement for the 2nd season but everything else especially that last battle was pretty great.

Also, I hate Hibino.
Nov 28, 2011 8:48 PM

Oct 2010
ending was okay...wish they would have resolved it at the end but i guess ill have to wait and see if theres a second season.
Dec 4, 2011 11:12 AM

Jul 2009
Pretty good ending IMO. Kukuri going crazy and destroying Magatsuhi was pretty intense lol, then another flashback of the crazy past. Wow, Utao doesn't look like she's aged at all ... I would have expected her to be a tiny child o_O
I have to admit the kiss scene was pretty good. Especially after Kyohei woke up and hugged Hibino XD I knew it was coming and didn't want it but it was well done :P
Oh Aki, how awesome you are XD Although I got kind of confused when they started laughing lol O_O Oh and totally second season is happening, right ...? I mean, that part at the end ...
Well overall I actually really enjoyed this, everything was pretty well done and unexpected action, loads of humour, and some crazy characters XD Animation was good, I really did like the music too ... come on, second season is happening right? :P 8/10
Dec 4, 2011 1:35 PM

Sep 2010
EvianBubble said:
Wow, Utao doesn't look like she's aged at all ... I would have expected her to be a tiny child o_O
To me it felt as if she became only tinier by the episode.
Dec 8, 2011 10:46 AM

Aug 2009
Fascinating last episode.
Learn more about Aki, Kyouhei and Kukuri.
The cliffhanger fails though, but I hope for a 2nd Season just to finish it off.

Lol @ "to be next story"
Dec 25, 2011 11:04 PM

Jun 2008
Had a few hiccups, but overall a decent show. I'd like a second season. If they make one hopefully Hibino's boobs won't be so damn distracting. Geez. They are rarely referenced but they're always just right there.
Jan 6, 2012 12:50 PM

Jun 2009
It was a decent show but episodes 7 and 10 were awesome. My main complaints are Hibino's breats, Kyouhei and Utao when they act annoying. But I totally loved Aki, Mahiru and Kouhirou. They were the best. I give this 7/10.
Manga readers, can you tell me which chapter should I read now, after finishing anime? I don't feel like going through the whole story again.
Jan 19, 2012 3:48 AM
Nov 2011
You call this a seinen? Looked like childish poop to me. 2/10. Man, I can't believe I wasted my life on this.
Mar 17, 2012 8:22 AM
Feb 2012
ProdiGene said:
You call this a seinen? Looked like childish poop to me. 2/10. Man, I can't believe I wasted my life on this.

Than dont waste your life posting your opinion here.
I desire money. Not because I am poor or because I am greedy. It is because with money I will gain power and with that power I will be able to change the world.
May 21, 2012 9:12 PM
Apr 2012
Ehh, this was alright, but season 2, if there will be one, is looking a lot more action packed from what little scenes we have seen.
Aug 7, 2012 3:16 AM

May 2012
Wow this series surprised me, I thought it was just going to be an average anime but I loved it, I'm giving it an 8/10. If it had a second season I would probably rate it higher. This episode was great to, finally we see the romance being developed (awesome kiss), and it appears as if Kyouhei got his powers back...man those few last seconds with Kyouhei being all bad ass and how he was about to fight the monster were awesome! It made me want a second season more and more! To bad it probably wont be happening since from what people told me this anime sold like garbage, I don't know why but this always happens to me, I get hooked on a series and all of a sudden its cancelled. :(
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Still waiting for S2...

kari-ya - Sep 7, 2021

4 by Dekom »»
Nov 9, 2023 2:29 PM

Poll: » Kamisama Dolls Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

prismheart - Sep 20, 2011

83 by Dekom »»
Nov 8, 2023 2:10 PM

Poll: » Kamisama Dolls Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 13, 2011

81 by Dekom »»
Nov 7, 2023 2:12 PM

Poll: » Kamisama Dolls Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 6, 2011

98 by Dekom »»
Nov 6, 2023 2:52 PM

Poll: » Kamisama Dolls Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

notsureifsrs - Aug 30, 2011

69 by Dekom »»
Nov 5, 2023 1:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.