Aug 2, 2007 4:15 PM

Jul 2006
Discuss the anime Major.

Fav season so far?
Why you would recommend it to others.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Aug 2, 2007 7:08 PM

Jan 2007
1st season is by far my favorite. It was really intense. The other two season feels a little slow.
Aug 3, 2007 6:36 PM

Jul 2006
my fav season is probably the 2nd one.

i think that if you followed the other seasons while they were being released that it would seem slow.

and there's suppose to be a 4th season ^_^ or so i heard o_o
Aug 3, 2007 7:47 PM

Jan 2007
well...i followed the first season as it was being released as well.

I wouldn't be suprised if there was a 4th season. the manga is at like 60+ volumes. i looked at the raw for one of the volumes and it looks like Goro is playing overseas or something with toshiya i think
Aug 4, 2007 8:10 PM

Jul 2006
i didnt realize their was a manga... thats cool.

but no translation, right? thats sad =(
Aug 14, 2007 11:24 PM

Aug 2007
The 4th season has allready been announced! WOOOOHOOOO
My fav is the 3rd season even though it's not finished yet!
Aug 14, 2007 11:28 PM
Overlord

Nov 2004
What pisses me off..a lot.. about the 3rd season is that pretty much everyone but Honda is worthless. Sure, they do something every 5-10 minutes, but they're worthless. Contrary to whatever people believe, you can't win a baseball game with 1 pitcher and 1 hitter.
Aug 16, 2007 4:03 AM

Aug 2007
I totaly agree! But it's still my favorite season! I know you can't win a game like that, but that's what fiction is for! The best sports anime of all time in my book! Can't wait for the 21 episode!
Aug 31, 2007 5:03 AM
Jan 2007
My favorite season is by far the first! the season was the most touching and was what made me feel Major is so amazing!
I personally read the manga till volume 58 (thougt some peaks and later volumes) and I feel there's a good chance the 4th season might be the last.

In the 4th season Goro will play in America, in the beginning moving from Minor League team from another until he finally finds his place as a closer for the minor league team (triple A!) something Bats (if I remember correctly). During a point near the end of the season Goro gets a promotion to the Majors, but declines it and goes on to lead his team to a Triple A championship (striking out Joe Gibson Jr. on a 100 mph fastball!).
After that he goes back to Japan for the off season and there's the World Baseball Classic, and Goro's playing for team Japan (now this is already stuff I didn't read, just read about it or saw in later volumes when I had a few peaks).
The furthest point I peaked in Joe Gibson senior had a heart attack or something and he has flashbacks about talking to Momo-sensei after Shigeharu's death and how he promised to look after Goro, he wants to go back to the mound and help team America but Goro told him he's already done enough for him and that he should rest (his son is there too if I recall correctly). I don't know what happens after that but I bet Japan wins the owrld championship with Goro hitting a homerun off Gibson Senior and striking out jr. to end the game...
May 3, 2008 10:04 PM

Jul 2007
I think the 1st Season is the most memorable, a lot of things happened then but Goro keeps on going. The 4th Season is actually pretty interesting, you can see him really maturing but ah well, the subs are going kinda slow though..
May 5, 2008 4:49 AM

May 2007
The subs for season 4 are going kind of slow, but the 3rd season was that way too, I think. It's okay, as long as they're subbed in the end. XD

I think my favorite season... well, it's hard. In totality, I'd probably say season 2. I think that season got deepest into who precisely Goro is, for good or bad. But in terms of sheer drama and unexpected emotion... I don't know if the show could outdo the first part of the first season. I mean, it made me cry. It made me wonder what kind of freaking people started a cartoon featuring a 5 year old that way. ;)
May 6, 2008 3:00 AM

Jul 2007
I just finished season 3. Will wait until s4 finishes being subbed. My favorite season so far is definitely S2... mostly because Goro and Toshiya working together is the best. I love their battery and miss it. the only downside was Shimizu. I can't stand that she's been reduced to a mere love interest (errm, interest on her side). I hate it when female characters only exist to moon after the main guy(s) with no other purpose... I liked her only in S1 when she actually had something to do. Without this forced romance the series would've been way better. The games are so exciting, even tho it's repeatitive.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Apply for Staff

Mayuka - Nov 25, 2015

12 by Mayuka »»
May 14, 2018 10:41 AM

» Running/Track & Field

Dodecahedron-O24 - Apr 17, 2014

8 by RunningShirtGuy »»
May 9, 2018 12:38 PM

Sticky: » Introduce Yourself ( 1 2 3 )

June - Dec 5, 2007

139 by RunningShirtGuy »»
May 9, 2018 12:36 PM

» First Anime? ( 1 2 )

June - Jul 29, 2007

73 by Noene »»
Nov 19, 2017 7:29 PM

» Sports anime/manga that inspired you to play the game?

Vivie - Nov 25, 2015

40 by Mishina »»
Jun 29, 2017 4:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.