Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
May 13, 2012 4:34 AM

Sep 2011
Beautiful (but kind of bittersweet) ending for a beautiful anime.

I agree with others that the anime lost some of its charm in the second half, but it was still wonderful.
The soundtrack, the art with the landscapes and the character designs, the whole concept and feel to it was amazing.
All the characters were admirable, the only character I didn't like that much was Takako, she was a bit too annoying. Ohana's mom, Ko and Enishi were okay characters, but everyone else was very fun to watch and I also liked the chemistry between them, it was really like a big family.

And of course we have the main character, the real reason I started to watch this anime, Ohana. The first time I saw her on profile pics I immediately "fell in love" with her. It's something about her whole design and personality that makes me really love her. I can't really explain the reason, I just really admire her, she was really cute and adorable and I liked her independence and strong sense of justice, plus she is very kind and smart. She was always fun to watch and go together with her everyday life. She also looks beautiful :) Plus you can never go wrong with a beautiful voice like Itou Kanae's.
I just can't get enough of her ;_;
Thus, she has now become my 2nd overall and #1 favorite female character ever ;)

With that said I give this anime a 9/10, which means that I really cherish this series, though it's not yet between my favorites. It had some flaws (for example there wasn't enough romance imo) so I can't say its a masterpiece, but I'll surely rewatch it someday, because it was beautiful :)
Can't wait to see a second season, which must come eventually ;)
RazielZeroJul 14, 2013 4:41 PM
May 25, 2012 7:11 PM

Feb 2012
Glad I watched this, good ending, didn't feel like it left off without giving a closure to the whole story.

So looking forward to the movie, Home Sweet Home!
May 27, 2012 10:33 PM

Aug 2009
Wow...This was nice. At first i really didnt expect it was going to be any good, but it has a nice mix of drama and slice of life.

I Cant wait to see what the movie will add :D

Jun 9, 2012 6:54 AM

Jan 2012
I finished this series wanting a sequel but I felt like a second season wouldn't be right. A movie is he perfect sequel to this!
Jun 17, 2012 1:55 AM

Jan 2011
Omfg Hanasaku Iroha is such an enjoyable Anime, a really good Slice of Life. At first I thought this Anime was going to be a lovey-dovey Shoujo Anime (didn't see the Seinen tag) but man to my amazement it was more than that. This Anime had lots of emotional elements and it was quite dramatic, but seeing the characters work in the inn was so entertaining.

I loved this anime from the first episode. Ohana's life had changed, for what seemed like the worst, but that change made her life even more worthwhile and memorable. All characters are loveable although Takako and Yuina were quite annoying. I couldn't stand Yuina's voice lmao. Ohana is such great character, such a cute girl :D I love her disinterested faces that she does, same with Minko's. xD Ohana quickly became my favourite character. She's like the perfect Anime girl haha.

Overall giving this Anime a 9/10. Now I can't wait to see the movie, perfect 'epilogue'.
Jul 6, 2012 1:12 AM
Apr 2012
Ive heard that a season 2 has been given the green light and theres a movie coming out as well.
Jul 15, 2012 10:22 AM

Oct 2010
i am happy, do you know why, i am happy that it ended, it was kind of sweet how they ended it, but nearly every anime does that with flashy visuals. i say it, but i really hate Ohana, i don't think i have ever hated an anime character before. it would of been nice if she just got ran over by a train on those train tracks, then i might of rated this anime a lot higher, its going to have to below 6/10
Jul 15, 2012 11:03 AM

Sep 2011
Well that's...harsh, what exactly was wrong with her?
Jul 25, 2012 5:18 PM

Jan 2012
i hate it when slice of life anime do the flashbacks at the end! (not really)
i hope the movie will not be a spin off but a true sequel
ko-chan feels so underused to be one of the main plots. his character feels useless.
sometimes the episode's stories feels weak but this is a slice of life anime so I can't blame them. I just wished they handled them better. like when the pacing went downhill when those side character dev arrived.

BEANMAN out of 10.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Aug 3, 2012 7:33 PM
Jul 2012
I agree, Ko was extremely underused throughout the anime. Still, I loved it overall for the great art.
Aug 15, 2012 6:03 PM

Jul 2012
Really, really nice ending for the series.

I were expecting more of Ohana x Ko, but I think that might be a little side story. It's so sad that the inn has to be closed.

I was kinda hope that they'll show us the re-open inn. However, I think ending like this is perfect as well. (Also, Minchi went to the same restaurant as Toru? That's so cute. I hope she'll stop being tsun and finally tell him what she thinks about him!)

Anyhow, I was enjoy this a lot. :)

Toshino Kyoko!!!
Aug 21, 2012 1:11 PM
Aug 2012
What a great ending. 9/10. You will like every character. I have they make a second season. T_T
Sep 29, 2012 3:56 PM

May 2012
nice anime.. worth watching :) cant wait for the movie.

Oct 17, 2012 11:18 AM

Apr 2012
I agree with the above statements; this series dragged out a bit too much for my taste. It could probably have been about 14 episodes long and still be just as great. But even so, despite some of the episodes having a filler-ish feel, I still love this anime a lot.

It has a heartwarming effect, and for the first time in a long time, I felt like I actually had a connection with the characters; as if I could imagine myself in their shoes. I can't pinpoint any specific moments though, as it is more of a general feel.

The ending was a bit predictable (relationship-wise, I mean), because of course Ohana ends up returning Ko's feelings, but Kissuiso closing was a surprise. It was a bit weird to see Ohana back in Tokyo with her mom; after all this, she ended up in the same place as before. Though now she is a bit more mature, and has a lot of positive memories to reminisce about.

I'm gonna miss watching this show;i now I have to find something new that will put a smile on my face. And no more Satsuki :( :( :(
Eagerly awaiting the movie and hoping it will bring more of the awesomeness that is Matsumae Satsuki!

Maybe I'm being a bit stubborn by sticking with my original opinion of Hanasuka Iroha, but I'm giving this 10/10 !
Nov 23, 2012 12:19 PM

May 2012
Great ending if I say so my self, everything was nicely played out even the things with KoXOhana so in general it was all quite nice, the ending scene it self was also quite sweet showing off everyone's life after the inn and how they're managing so it's good to see everyone's doing well but we all know we're waiting for them to get back to the Inn!

Lets wait for the movie to come and see what they have in store for us there!

It was a great run for this Anime and I must say I did enjoyed it quite allot that's why a great score of 9/10 for this specific Anime!
Mar 27, 2013 12:39 PM

Jan 2013
No kiss or hug between Ohana and Ko is a disappointment.
I don't know about this anime.
Not really into it, even though it was well done.
7/10
Apr 8, 2013 10:00 PM

Mar 2012
It started out incredibily slow for me, Ohana's character wasn't the best to me in the beginning, i felt she would become the "has to be in everyone's business" main character, but i was wrong, sorta...I don't understand the focal point of the ohana x ko in the ending when he showed up for 3 maybe 4 of the 26 total episodes. I also thought the ending was lacking heavily...I still foreshadow Ohana being the next Madam Manager, it was too obvious that Takako didn't tell Enishi they weren't succeeding the inn, it was even more obvious when she started asking Ohana about it on their train ride to Tokyo, maybe the movie will enlighten this, because i was highly disappointed that wasn't resolved in fact a good portion of this anime's turning points were watered down in the following episodes and the anime just continued at a brisk pace again. After much debate i'll give it a modest 7/10, what killed it the most was the terrible implementation of a romance

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
May 11, 2013 5:18 PM

Jul 2012
Another anime that got such a great begining but after first story arc it got mediocre and just exploited my affection to characters, without really developing them. I liked it but still i feel kinda dissapointed when i saw the end sign.
Jun 10, 2013 2:02 AM

Jul 2012
Amazing series. I don't agree that it lost steam at all. I put watching this off for so long and once I finally started I couldn't stop. Time to investigate the movie.
Jun 22, 2013 10:35 PM

Nov 2008
Pretty enjoyable series, would give it a higher rating if there was more romantic development, but still a great SoL overall. 8/10.

Still wondering what happened to the pink haired girl who crushed on Ko. :/
Jul 3, 2013 9:00 PM

Nov 2012
awesome! XD
everyone write their wish.. :3
ohana wish she want to became okami? lol XD

btw ohana is telling her feeling to kou XD damn! its so awesome.. even the yakisoba master giving heart to them lol XD

btw its finally end bros :/ damn I'm almost cried happy because this ending.. and yes there will be no sequel anymore T,T
I just want to see ohana bonboru :(

damn.. its masterpiece (10/10)
Jul 17, 2013 6:15 PM

Apr 2012
I really liked the ending and Ohana's confession but I thought there would be a bit more Ohana x Ko after ;_; There wasn't enough of the romance I wanted to see, I was a bit sick of so much Tohru and Minko being a bitch -_- Oh well, the rest of the anime was really pretty, I thought it was really good, it just lacked a bit of Ko in my opinion hehe. I thought maybe the girl from the library would have been more important too.... And we never get to find out about what Ko said because the other guy came in ;_;
Sep 1, 2013 1:30 PM

Jul 2013
Whew I can't believe I actually watched this till the end.. I wasn't expecting much but the artwork just captivates me. I originally gave this a 9 but decided to bump it up to 10 just for the artwork alone. Overall it's a nice ending that wrapped up the story in a satisfying way.. haters begone, Ko is definitely dating Ohana now whether you like it or not
Sep 7, 2013 1:32 PM

Jun 2012
Great series. That bittersweet ending, didn't want this to end. Definitely my favourite Slice of Life series, and one of the best I watched I'd even say. Had a good time. 9/10
Sep 13, 2013 1:38 AM

May 2013
great serie 9/10
Sep 21, 2013 5:14 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Wonderful end to a series that talks about my favorite genre (not only does it XD). Maybe a little transported from my inclinations, I can make my own feelings of everyone and feel the chill you feel in reviewing a place dear to us, empty and desolate. Accomplice to all that melancholy that I felt during the viewing of the episode, we think also the excellent graphics, always impeccable. I've got a little choked up to see finished the anime, but if there is to be a sequel to live up to expectations, sense better end here. Happy to have seen that souls, that he felt joy and sadness together with the protagonists, beautiful high vote from me!

Final vote: 9/10
Sep 22, 2013 8:04 AM

Jun 2012
Beautiful and soft ending. Am a bit shamefully for the couple episodes which were just slightly bored (Was around episode 21). Wanted to see the background story from Ren-chan too!
Bean man made me left of some tears in the end. He is just so cute! Flashbacks from Sui-san were amazingly good filled. Brought tears too (i am just a crybaby anyway xD!) I hope the movie will explain some more details about the serieus but I doubt it. It settles around Yuina the character I found annoying mostly. Oh well.

Whole series: 9/10
Episode: 5/5
Signature will be back, when BBcodes are back.. (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Oct 5, 2013 10:57 AM

Aug 2012
Amazing series , enjoyed it .. cried a lot ..9/10
Nov 5, 2013 7:28 PM

Apr 2012
I thought I could escape crying with this anime, and they just had to go and make me cry in the very last episode. Okami-san walking around the Kissuiso one last time seeing the before and after just did it for me.

Pretty solid story overall for me. Personally I wish there was a little bit more drama. There was a decent amount but each time, it just felt like something was missing with the conclusion and the way the drama was resolved. Character wise, I thought there was a great mix of cast. Minko was a little disappointing for me. I kept forgiving her every time, and she would do something to annoy me again, but overall, I guess I forgive her again at the end... -.-
Yuina totally deserved more screen time though!

Nothing BAM worthy, but entertaining nonetheless! Enjoyed the ride.

Nov 6, 2013 2:28 AM

Nov 2011
CDenver said:
Amazing series. I don't agree that it lost steam at all. I put watching this off for so long and once I finally started I couldn't stop. Time to investigate the movie.

I agree with this 100%
It was an anime I put off for such a long time and once I started watching it I didn't want to stop.
8/10 really enjoyable.
Nov 13, 2013 5:11 PM

Dec 2012
After watching so many shows that wrongly represented the slice of life genre, I'm really glad to have stumbled upon this gem that is called Hanasaku Iroha. A clean show mostly free of moe with wonderful development, character, music, voice acing and above all: animation.

While it's true that it lost some punch around the middle, I was easily able to overlook it because of how strong the first half was, and how attached I was to all the characters at that point. Some fanservice was unnecesaary but it never became excessive.

All in all, an amazing and very realistic anime that I'd recommend to people with enough intelligence to be able to realize how good it actually is (obviously not for all the shounen fans ITT, go watch something more fitting for you).

Solid 9/10

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Nov 14, 2013 5:36 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Mercifully Kissuiso and the entire crew remained at the center of things, and they didn't dwell too much on the Ko/Ohana relationship which was secondary in my view.

A very good series with gorgeous animation and character designs. The character development was well done and not forced like in other series and the fanservice was tasteful and didn't distract from the rest of the storyline.

I used to think that I dislike "slice of life" as a genre. Now I know that I don't. This is slice of life done right with believable characters and situations and yet enough drama/situations to keep one interested.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 22, 2013 5:30 AM

Jul 2012
I loved this anime, it really had me enjoyed through the whole time.

There is one thing I wished they would have put more in the anime, and that is that they show us more of how they work around the inn. Like teaching Ohana how to work. They only showed us at the start of the anime and that is it. The story focused more on the life of the workers at the inn.

Even though, I enjoyed the anime.

9/10
Jan 1, 2014 8:54 AM

Mar 2012
I really loved this anime and it touched me on so many levels.

Part of the reason why I loved this series so much is because I spent 6 years working for a hotel and in that time, I built some bonds with my co-workers that felt like family, much along the same lines as Ohana. I'm not sure what it is about the hotel industry but it did build some strong bonds for me and it did feel like a 2nd family. I felt this series did a excellent job of exploring how that can happen.

As for the series itself, I just found it captivating. I loved its character-building throughout and how each character (outside of a few side characters) got their own little character-building arc. Was it a perfect series? No. I did feel like it forced its romantic tension a bit too much at times and I wish there was a little more in regards toward Ohana and Ko. However, they are faults I can look past because this series entertained me and hit me with a big old 2x4 of nostalgia with my hotel days. It was a moving series that made me tear up at times, especially in the last two episodes.

10/10 for me. I can understand if and why some people didn't like this series so much, but for me, I couldn't have asked for anything better to bring in the new year.
Feb 14, 2014 10:18 AM

Aug 2013
5/5 and 10/10 + top 5. One of the best anime which I've ever seen.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 6, 2014 9:58 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Wow such a bittersweet ending. The Kissuiso closes down temporarily, everyone goes their separate ways, Ohana goes back to Tokyo with Ko, and Min-chi stays with Tohru. Loved every moment of it and hopefully they all reunite someday.

9/10

I was hoping Manager-san would change her mind towards the end. Hopefully there's a 2nd season.

Manager-san saying "Fest it up" was hilarious but she was bound to say it at some point.
SweetKiichigoMar 6, 2014 10:01 AM

Mar 27, 2014 1:11 AM

Apr 2009
frozen_soul said:
the first half was really good but somewhere it was lost and i dont like the ending but at least its open 8/10

Same feeling here. The second half really dragged down a bit but they managed to pull a great ending. Nice job P.A.Works along with Tari Tari.

I love the characters and Art. 9/10 overall.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 2014 10:35 PM

May 2010
Aww great ending! Almost had me tearing up. Overall wonderful series! I'm gonna really miss these characters :(

9/10
May 29, 2014 10:10 PM

Jul 2010
Loved it. The first half was great and the best part of the show and even though I didn't like the second half as much I still enjoyed it greatly.

Most of the characters were really well written and likable (except Minchi at times) and overall I really enjoyed the cast. The art throughout the entire show was gorgeous I don't think that there was ever a drop in quality. And the soundtrack along with it's numerous Nano.ripe songs was great as well.

Overall it was a great show and one I'll remember for a long time,

Solid 9/10
Jun 14, 2014 9:25 AM

Feb 2013
Great series. Very enjoyable watch.

8/10
Jun 20, 2014 12:45 AM
Jul 2013
Sigh this is one of the few animes that left a void inside me. I still want more. I have a movie to go but then.... Its one of those things where you want a season 2 but at the same time it did end pretty well so not sure about s2 would go..... but still i want it lol
Jul 11, 2014 9:25 AM

Dec 2013
What a really nice ending! :D

Yeah my enjoyment of the anime went up really fast in the first 6-8 episodes but it peaked there. Nothing really changed, just new stories in each episode but no huge build up :o
"When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No! When he suffers a disease? No! When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten!"
- Dr. Hiluluk
Jul 21, 2014 10:13 AM

Dec 2012
I felt an open ending was imminent but I thought they would make it where the Kissuiso stays open and everyone continues working there indefinitely. I actually prefer the ending they went with instead. It goes to show that, just as Nako said, the Kissuiso is a place where many dreams are born and now they can go fulfill those dreams no matter where it takes them.

I wasn't really sure what to expect from this before but I really like what it shaped up into. I like how it spent time fleshing out each of the employees/residents of the inn and showing how the Kissuiso brought them all together. One of the biggest themes present in it was rebuilding the bonds of Ohana's family through her time at the Kissuiso.

Speaking of Ohana, I ended up adoring her by the end. She was cute, ridiculous, outrageous, and wacky but was able to make it all come through for her and others to answer questions about what they wanted to do with their lives. I wasn't really feeling the romance or the drama throughout this (glad that the drama was minimal in comparison to what I expected) though.

As a whole 8/10, not bad balut!
Aug 11, 2014 11:03 AM

Aug 2013
7/10
Minko was a selfish bitch
Aug 26, 2014 6:52 PM

Mar 2012
Aww, I wanted a kiss at the end ><
Aug 31, 2014 10:26 AM

Nov 2013
I don't know how you all see this anime. I rated 10 for it because I enjoy it a lot. And I need a season 2. Gosh. Can't find any source that gives hope to season 2. Anime ended 3 years Ago, seems like there's no hope to season 2. The side story movie kinda made me disappointed but I still enjoyed it because there's something more to this anime for me to enjoy a watching.
Sep 12, 2014 9:06 PM

Jul 2014
finishing the last episode of an anime is the hardest thing to do in a mans life, I'm going to miss this series. I'm craving to know what happens when the inn is re-opened.
Oct 15, 2014 7:06 AM

Nov 2013
there you go one of the best anime series, great artwork, good character build up, I envy Ohana with her courage, but Nakochi always be my favorite :3

Nano.Ripe like always is quality, though Clammbon's Hanasaku-Iroha standing on my top OST list for this series
inochi ga kurikaesu naraba nandomo kimi no moto e ...
... if life can be repeated, i'll go to you many times over
Oct 23, 2014 9:49 AM

Jul 2014
I wish I didn't marathon this anime... ahhh I want more.
Dec 7, 2014 8:48 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Good ending, the studio made better dramas. But that said, Hanasaku Iroha still is a pretty solid and enjoyable ride.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

metalsnakezero - Apr 17, 2011

256 by kirA_-_ »»
Apr 22, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Sep 18, 2011

110 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jrittmayer - Sep 11, 2011

120 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Sep 4, 2011

122 by Lazulite »»
Jan 10, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Aug 28, 2011

173 by Lazulite »»
Jan 10, 12:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.