Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2011 3:25 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The girl is trying out her power (or training to proper way), and asked to hang out with the kids.

The boy (Kaoru) can hear plants' feelings, and can release evil smell of flowers that can kill people. He merged with a plant and became berserk. Except he likes the flower garden in the park. He was not able to be saved.

The girl was able to save the dog with her song.
tsubasaloverSep 25, 2011 5:33 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 25, 2011 9:28 PM

Jan 2011
tsubasalover said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The girl is trying out her power (or training to proper way), and asked to hang out with the kids.

The boy (Kaoru) can hear plants' feelings, and can release evil smell of flowers that can kill people. He merged with a plant and became berserk. Except he likes the flower garden in the park. He was not able to be saved.

The girl was able to save the dog with her song.

Where did you watch this subbed?
[center]
Oct 21, 2011 8:06 PM

Jul 2009
Isn't it weird for someone to called someone who can talked to a flower a weirdo while they were friends with a girl who could talk to an animal? i didn't even..
Oct 22, 2011 4:02 AM

Jun 2008
And that's the last Quon for me. The only thing I liked in the first movie was the animation but here nothing entertained me.
Nov 3, 2011 2:44 PM

Feb 2011
lal poor wounded takao, all worry only for the dog xD

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Nov 8, 2011 12:53 PM

Mar 2010
Araya said:
And that's the last Quon for me. The only thing I liked in the first movie was the animation but here nothing entertained me.

well I'm quite disappointed as well, nothing really interesting happened in this episode, just hope that the next one is much better...
Check out my channel!
Erzat
Nov 10, 2011 8:53 AM

Dec 2006
shootdatpancake said:
Araya said:

well I'm quite disappointed as well, nothing really interesting happened in this episode, just hope that the next one is much better...

I feel the same way. Animation was slick...didn't like the character designs (I dont find fish-men appealing)...but a giant man-eating man-flower is going a little over the top for me. None of the characters have grabbed me either.
It didn't help that I wanted to punch Kaoru in the face right when he opened his mouth...I just can't stand that seiyuu after No.6.

May give it another movie...but will have much lower expectations

BONES...stop disappointing me like this Dx

No.6 ... Star Driver... Darker than Black 2 ... and this? =__=
BlueHaroNov 14, 2011 11:43 PM
Jan 20, 2012 3:12 PM

Jul 2010
Am I the only one who liked this?... I mean it's not a masterpiece but it was nicely done and I was kinda surprised he ended up losing Kaoru in the end, it was sad to see...

Of course I don't expect awesome stuff from this serie but to say that it's a complete let down is a little too harsh, if it's not your kind of style/genre I understand but it's not a bád movie imo... :)
Jan 28, 2012 7:50 AM
Jan 2012
BlueHaro said:
shootdatpancake said:
Araya said:
No.6 ... Star Driver... Darker than Black 2 ... and this? =__=

Dude Star Driver was fabulous.
Feb 20, 2012 3:47 AM

Oct 2008
i don't understand why they're making a series of movies with no actual plot progression between them. so far it's been like a monster of the week thing. stupido
Feb 25, 2012 3:35 PM

Aug 2009
It was fine, kinda average tho. It was what I expected after the first movie. Bones needs to pick up though, they've not released anything great the past few years (except from Brotherhood).

Jun 18, 2012 10:58 PM

Mar 2012
Laevantein said:
Isn't it weird for someone to called someone who can talked to a flower a weirdo while they were friends with a girl who could talk to an animal? i didn't even..
lol true...its ok so far hope the 3rd is better
Jun 27, 2012 12:26 PM

Aug 2009
Well, that was shit. The first movie was way better.
Sep 1, 2012 7:18 AM

Oct 2009
Reminds me of X-men, except X-men is way better.
Nov 9, 2012 6:00 PM

Jan 2012
shit EP about faggot emo kid who sympathizes with flowers....

glad it's over with..
Feb 21, 2013 2:48 AM

Apr 2009
*sigh*...Still trying to save everyone I see. I'm getting tired of hearing it over and over since last episode (which was the first episode fer cryin' out loud!), do I have to hear more of it in the next four episodes? >_<

The organizational set-up of Custos in relation with Ordo reminds me of NERV and SEELE in NGE, also the heads of the NERV and Custos have to do teleconference reporting to a council of old farts. Come to think of it, Custos has cyborgs while NERV has the EVAs, and those equipments needs lots of scientific/technical maintenance and support. Lots of similarities there.

6/10
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Mar 26, 2013 6:35 PM

Mar 2010
I don't exactly know why some people dislike this 'episode 2'
but I really found it to be lovable. 10/10
I enjoyed it a lot , and there's so much thing I grasped from this - movie - about - this - movie - series.
Love it , hope the next one turn out amazing as well =)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2013 11:17 PM
Jul 2008
It was an interesting episode, though, it was sans information on "attractors." I do look forward to some deserved explanations on the world of Towanoquon as to the organization of the Custos as well as some characterization for a fair amount of the cast primarily Quon of course.

As with everyone else, I'd like to see plot progression.
"To see with eyes unclouded by hate"

-Prince Ashitaka, "Princess Mononoke"
Jun 1, 2013 5:35 PM

May 2012
Pretty decent follow up to the first one but well I still preferred the first movie more, either way some nice development and the setting is still the same but the characters sure are developing in a nice pace! Lets see what the next movie brings us!
Jul 1, 2013 7:29 PM

Nov 2011

Why so many tentacles?
Another good movie. The OST is so catchy in this film series honestly.

The song sung by Kiri is beautiful also. And yay, the dog is healed ^^ 7/10. RIP Kaoru.
Jul 17, 2013 12:33 PM
Jan 2009
Araya said:

same here
Aug 9, 2013 3:07 PM

Jun 2012
This was a really sad episode. Quon's pain was shown splendidly. I had thought this while watching the previous episode, but the people with powers really have it hard. I brings me to tears. They're all suffering. I cry pretty easily though, but I seriously cried when Kaoru died and when Quon planted the flower. Quon must have been really sad, he wasn't able to save Kaoru nor alot of other people. Though it was a sad episode I enjoyed it quite a bit.
Nov 16, 2013 9:52 AM

Jun 2011
Laevantein said:

At least animals could voice out (i.e dog-bark), but plants couldn't.

Samu-tan said:
Well, that was shit. The first movie was way better.

Agree. I absolutely liked the first episode, everything was fine, but this was.. really bad.

I feel like some of the parts were skipped out while watching it, and they went into the mystery genre in which.. imo, failed hard. There is however, one part that I really liked, that was Quon's transformation when he was trying to save Takao from that plant-man.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 19, 2013 8:45 PM

Jul 2012
I thought it was kind of boring. The mystery was not that enticing nor was it "mysterious" since we knew who the culprit was from the start.

Will watch the third movie soon.
Apr 4, 2014 12:21 PM

Oct 2009
It was OK, pretty boring though. Will watch the rest.
Jun 3, 2014 5:33 AM

Dec 2010
Wow, this episode picked up really much. There was suspense, the cyborgs got development(they are actually my favorites at this point, I don't care much about the espers, except Takao), the drama was decent as well, and the OST enhanced heavily the atmosphere. The ending was good too. 8/10.

On a sidenote, Kiri would heal a dog, but she won't heal Takao's injury?
MeritasJun 3, 2014 5:38 AM
Oct 2, 2014 1:37 AM

Jun 2012
So the power you awaken is the power you want the most.
So let me guess.
Quon wanted to protect his friends.
Takao wanted to escape his responsibilities.
Ryou wanted to be smart.
Miu wanted to understand her pets.
Yuri wanted to run away from home. (Assuming her ability is super speed I still cant tell what it is exactly)
Tei wanted to talk to people but for some reason wasnt able to, im guessing strict parents/home school.
Kiri wanted to heal her grandma.
So what the hell happened to Yuma?

Meritas said:
On a sidenote, Kiri would heal a dog, but she won't heal Takao's injury?
Assuming Takao would let her. She still doesnt have full control of her power.
Sol_OuOct 2, 2014 1:52 AM
Aug 21, 2015 10:21 PM

Jun 2012
There was too much edge in this one. Flower boy was a lame villain. And idk why those kids were calling him a monster when they have fucking mutant powers themselves. That part was very dumb.
Aug 28, 2015 4:50 AM

Jun 2013
First movie was way better tbh. This one was a bit boring at most parts albeit still enjoyed it regardless. Didn't really like the flower guy as he was too dull. The OST is pretty good though.
Nov 6, 2015 2:39 PM

Jan 2015
Quon must feel really terrible even after everything he couldn't save him .. At least he was able to save 10 people this year in total :X The Dog got healed I knew it would happen haha
Mar 2, 2016 3:25 PM

Jan 2012
wait didn't the women died, he failed to save two this time

Apr 11, 2016 10:18 AM

Feb 2015
Kiri's voice actress has a beautiful voice.

Not a fan of the MC being immortal though.
Dec 8, 2016 1:41 AM

Dec 2015
The way Quon is going with his "will save everyone" attitude, he'll destroy the park which is the only sanctuary they have.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 19, 2017 7:50 PM
Sep 2015
Oh thank god the psycho-brat died, I would've dropped the series had Quon managed to "save" him. Too bad he didn't suffer nearly enough.
Aug 25, 2017 1:22 AM

Oct 2015
too bad Kaoru had to die in the end, well i guess its punishment of killing those people.8/10
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 21, 2018 7:07 PM

Feb 2013
Not as good as the first, but still good.
7/10
Answered my question: 1000 years
Sep 12, 2023 8:28 PM

Dec 2009
Notes from 2015:

Sep 15, 2023 6:27 PM

Sep 2020
Not as good as the first since it didn't expand much of the general story and I thought the killer plants was a little dumb.

Also don't understand how Custo has all this surveillance/video power that can bring up complete VR simulations from pictures days ago yet can't seem to track down Quon and friends while outside the Garden.

But they lost me at the kids bullying Kaoru when they're just as much "freaks" as him and should know what that feels like. It was just so stupid that I couldn't take the rest of the movie seriously anymore.

And Takao is still a whiny bitch, he has one of the best powers and doesn't want to anything for it.

8/10
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz

More topics from this board

» First 8 min. of the Movie

tsubasalover - Jul 23, 2011

4 by VioLink »»
Sep 24, 2011 7:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.