MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 13 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% »» Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 13 Discussion

Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
View Poll Results: Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 13 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

89 61.81%
4 out of 5: Liked it

30 20.83%
3 out of 5: It was OK

16 11.11%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

4 2.78%
1 out of 5: Hated it

5 3.47%
Voters: 144

09-30-11, 5:06 PM

Soooo predictable. But the music and the dudes made me happy. :DDDD

10-02-11, 3:12 AM

So, yep, FINALLY finished it~! And, lol, I have to admit I did enjoy it a heck-of-a-lot-more than I really should have. Hahaha XD;;

Pros::

+music is extremely catchy and seiyuu are matched perfectly
+bishounen guys and they have very nice character designs
+Shining Saotome, his major troll factor and Ringo

Cons::

-main character eye's and personality
-high school's decision on female uniform
-characters are just kind of left to disappear many times throughout the episodes and appear to never be seen again
-character's become annoying due to their views conveniently/sporadically changing off&on as the show progresses or as-needed
-the same 2-songs are used over, and over, and over again
-drama is 'magically' inserted into episodes to make it more dramatic to make us feel for the characters more
-a 'no-couple/no-choosing' ending
-claims to have a romantic-aspect to it but absolutely doesn't happen whatsoever except for a few cliched 'can't-tell-you-how-I-really-feel-so-I'll-say-something-close-to-it' lines
-certain things make you wonder "What the heck are they doing/thinking?" i.e Haruka's grandmother doing absolutely nothing when she has 5-teenage boys singing a love song to her granddaughter in her front yard
-the show is completely predictable and has more cheese then Velveeta

Final Verdict: Fun? Check. Awesome music? Check. Cute guys? Double check. But, that's about all that has UtaPri going for it. I honestly started watching this since a friend of mine on another site is over-the-top obsessed with it and thinks it one of the best series ever, though. Me? I'm going to get CDs of the ending and opening and then forgetting about it personally. This absolutely has no re-watch value for me. 5/10 (no, I can't bring myself to give it a higher score with much much much much much much better Anime out there)

abkfreeman said:
K-On! is what you a call a real music anime with more then 2 songs used during the whole series, the entire cast acutely plays instruments and writes their own songs, holds a goal to make it big on their own starting from the very bottom and get concerts on their own, the entire cast is generally likable and they don't have drama randomly placed. So, I'm looking at you, UtaPri - take some notes

Fixed'

10-02-11, 1:45 PM

God dammit loved this anime! 10/10 !!

Rly nice musical
dont rly like much of reverse harem but since it was musical and idol theme it was damn awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Animation style is also rly nice and unique :D HARUKA :D

Rly nice debut at end also :P If real concerts would be also like that including the effects i would go nuts xD

10-12-11, 2:19 PM

Well, uhm, like many said I feel like I enjoyed this a lot more than I should have.

Aand since I base my ratings on enjoyment, I decided to lower it down a little from my 8/10 of just enjoyment to 7/10 because honestly it just doesn't deserve anything higher. In fact, it should be 6/10 but I'm being nice here.

I won't lie, overly sweet females are my favorite type of character in all animes. Unfortunately, the main character was so dumb I felt really guilty not hating her guts. What I'm trying to get at is that I never really WANTED to hate her, but I really just don't like her.

Also, I got used to her eyes. Somehow. At first they blinded the crap out of me, yes, but I'm okay with them now and they even look kind of pretty.

I have no problems with the fact that they're all interested in her. In fact, I think it's really sweet and it was totally possible. What irked me is that they fell for her.. too fast. My problem with harems is that people fall in love way too fast, just for some random act of kindness.
Tokiya, Ren, Masato, these were all guys that felt really out of character suddenly falling head over heels for this.. really plain girl.

I have to say another positive factor was just the art and animation in general was just TOTALLY gorgeous. All the characters were just BEAUTIFUL whenever they came on screen. Total eye candy.

In the end, I felt kind of ashamed for watching all of this and enjoying it. Hey, I don't see many reverse harems amongst the plethora of harems. Basically.. this anime was a guilty pleasure for me and I feel like an even bigger weeabo than I already am for thinking the guys in this were attractive. ffffs

10-12-11, 5:55 PM

rlime said:
What I liked:
- The songs
- The character designs of the male characters

What I disliked:
- Haruka's eyes
- Where is the freaking ROMANCE?!
- Predictable plot

Verdict: Entertaining to watch, but not worth a rewatch.

Seriously, where is the freaking romance?

They did say in episode 1 or 2 that romance is forbidden so I wasn't expecting much in that department. Although when Itokki said "I love....." and then paused I really wanted him to say I love you, but instead he said "Your music" and I like "doh should have known better"
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character thats for sure!"

10-14-11, 1:59 PM

They forgot to add the part were all the boys gang raped her.

10-24-11, 1:14 AM

I loved it! 8D
It was wonderful X3

11-05-11, 10:19 AM

We all knew how it all will end.
And it was... hmm... I don't know what to think.
Just... it's end! Dot.

11-06-11, 8:13 AM

(Finally!) finished the show, and that's ONLY BECAUSE of the seiyuu and the music. Never played the game, but read the Manga (1st volume, oris there only one?).

I generally don't expect much of Reverse-Harem Anime, but there were few in the past that have proved to be more than just being decent (Fushigi Yuugi, Ouran High School Host Club), so I don't judge a show without having watched it actually.
Many things are said here already. Though it seems that I'm the only one who doesn't like the animation art nor the so-called "bishounen", the character design is just too flashy and over-the-top for my taste.
Forced drama scenes, main chara is annoying as hell (almost as annoying as Miaka from Fushigi Yuugi), clichè pouring from every minute.
I thought this show could be slightly better than Starry Sky, but it turned out to be even worse.

Indeed, the awesome cast of seiyuu and the music are the only plus.
So, two points for the cast, one extra point for having Suzu as a part of it (particularly since I miss him in Anime these days, though his chara in this show wasn't so talkative), and one point for the music, ergo I rate the show 4/10.

11-06-11, 8:26 AM

Aw... I kinda knew that it would end like this (no romance), but I was still hoping. This is not okay though, they tricked me with the Ichinose & Haruka kissing in the opening song! Why would they even mention the romance was forbidden thing, if there wasn't gonna be any anyways. Lol idk.

Oh well. Overall, I really liked the art and music, and all the characters were likable (except Haruka at times), but the story -_- Kind of disappointing.
"have you ever really danced on the edge? is something still scaring you?"

11-09-11, 4:10 PM

I won’t lie: I enjoyed UtaPuri quite a whole lot – more than I’d like to admit, too. It’s one of my guilty pleasures.

WHAT?! YOU FOOLED ME. NO MAGICALLY APPEARED MASTERPIECE OF SONG WRITING?! SHE DIDN’T EVEN MAKE THE EFFORT! NO FAIR! We all knew she was being egoist from the start, just covering it with a nice-girl-I-don’t-harm-a-single-fly act.

Haruka, stop crying. How can you say you gave your best when you ran away from school after – wait, who much time has passed since the first episode? Well, whatever – how long it’s been, and didn’t even manage to bear with the pressure!? I was thinking Tomo-chan was coming saying Haruka collapsed or something, y’know, from overworking or another lame excuse, but no! She ran away!

The guys standing in the middle of nowhere and singing to the oh-so-pitiful girl – oh my gawd, THAT was hilarious.
I could almost feel a realist dialogue coming from Haruka’s grandma:
“Tell me, Haru-chan, these are the boys you wrote me about?”
“Ah yes, Grandma.”
“My, you’ve scored a bunch of hotties! Well done, Haru-chan!”
“G-grandma!”
“What? You know it’s true. I never got a harem for myself in my youth! Ah, to be young in this age. You even get a love hexagon for yourself alone!”

Mirai Chizu’s so funny. Flying stars, hearts and rainbow lights. I lol’d so much. Although I am happy they used the acappella version~

WHAT—ST☆RISH JUST TURNED INTO POWER RANGERS?! Ah, no. That’s just some random opening of the concert with inhumane choreography. They are bishounen; they can pull it off. … I HEAR GLITTER…?!

Favourite part: fangirls screaming and cheering at the concert. The high-five session, too. Dunno why, though. It fits just so right.

Finally, I must say I had a nice time watching this. Enjoyment made me overlook many of the plain uninspired and average characteristics of the show.

I’ll miss you, UtaPuri.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.

11-12-11, 11:02 PM

WHERES THE ROMANCE.

I still enjoyed it none the less.

11-19-11, 1:32 AM

ST☆RISH sounds like Starfish. WHY DID YOU HAVE TO CHOSE THAT NAME, SHINING? THERE ARE A LOT MORE BETTER NAMES THAN THIS ONE. D:

Anyway, I enjoyed this a lot. Really. Some ups and downs here and there, but when it came to enjoyment... it didn't let me down. :bd I did not hate on Haruka, so this anime made me really happy. Yes. And six bishounens in sparkly rainbow outfits was reeeeeally awesome. LOL.

I loved Seven Colored Compass (idk what that song's called). Yup, that song they sang in the middle of the field. Especially since they did an acappella version. ♥

Am satisfied.
[insert awesome signature here]

12-14-11, 8:23 PM

sucks that it end so quickly.hoping that they will sing Mirai Chizu at the concert but they didn't Oh well.hope there's a second season.loving Mirai Chizu song
Modified by srwgfan, 12-14-11, 8:32 PM

12-24-11, 5:54 PM

What I liked
---------------------------
+Awsome songs (soundtrack)
+Colours and animation
+ First about ~7 episodes where the characters were introduced
+Character design (the singers especially)
+Intro and outro concert
+Funny (at the first ~7 episodes only!)

What I disliked
-------------------------------
-Story after ~7 episodes becomes dull and predictable with needless drama
-Too short story (Overall rushed story)
-Short character development
-Not much characters apart from the main
-Nanami...
-Nanami as a protagonist.
-Not much school life (tests,activities... etc)
-No competition... Our six singers are the pros of the world with none to stand against them...
-Singers getting equal dialogue lines and play time... (Becomes anoying when the rest of the singers HAVE to say something to feel equal with the one that just spoke)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.

02-20-12, 8:01 PM

I think this show needs more bishounens. There really wasn't enough of them to satisfy my appetite. :|
(◕ᴥ◕し)
Hello! Did you know? Barnacles have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom.

02-24-12, 12:40 PM

Shancakeschan said:
WHERES THE ROMANCE.

Exactly what I was thinking .__.

What a very smeh ending.

I really like the music from the series, and Shou. <3
But I'm not sure whether I'll be bothering with the second season..

03-02-12, 5:37 AM

I can't believe I finished watching this...what a show.

03-06-12, 7:31 PM

I LOLed at the performance so hard. i wish nanami wasn't such a weak and lame character. it would have been better if she didn't make those high-pitch sounds and crying and stuff. maybe of she was either more cheerful or a real prodigy it would have been fun :)

oh and more romance should have been developed :P i loved how everyone liked her :D that was pretty awesome.

03-10-12, 4:30 AM

Thank god that's over.

Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices