Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Post New Reply
Poll: Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 13 Discussion

Sep 30, 2011 5:06 PM

Soooo predictable. But the music and the dudes made me happy. :DDDD
Oct 2, 2011 3:12 AM

So, yep, FINALLY finished it~! And, lol, I have to admit I did enjoy it a heck-of-a-lot-more than I really should have. Hahaha XD;;

+music is extremely catchy and seiyuu are matched perfectly
+bishounen guys and they have very nice character designs
+Shining Saotome, his major troll factor and Ringo

-main character eye's and personality
-high school's decision on female uniform
-characters are just kind of left to disappear many times throughout the episodes and appear to never be seen again
-character's become annoying due to their views conveniently/sporadically changing off&on as the show progresses or as-needed
-the same 2-songs are used over, and over, and over again
-drama is 'magically' inserted into episodes to make it more dramatic to make us feel for the characters more
-a 'no-couple/no-choosing' ending
-claims to have a romantic-aspect to it but absolutely doesn't happen whatsoever except for a few cliched 'can't-tell-you-how-I-really-feel-so-I'll-say-something-close-to-it' lines
-certain things make you wonder "What the heck are they doing/thinking?" i.e Haruka's grandmother doing absolutely nothing when she has 5-teenage boys singing a love song to her granddaughter in her front yard
-the show is completely predictable and has more cheese then Velveeta

Final Verdict: Fun? Check. Awesome music? Check. Cute guys? Double check. But, that's about all that has UtaPri going for it. I honestly started watching this since a friend of mine on another site is over-the-top obsessed with it and thinks it one of the best series ever, though. Me? I'm going to get CDs of the ending and opening and then forgetting about it personally. This absolutely has no re-watch value for me. 5/10 (no, I can't bring myself to give it a higher score with much much much much much much better Anime out there)

abkfreeman said:
K-On! is what you a call a real music anime with more then 2 songs used during the whole series, the entire cast acutely plays instruments and writes their own songs, holds a goal to make it big on their own starting from the very bottom and get concerts on their own, the entire cast is generally likable and they don't have drama randomly placed. So, I'm looking at you, UtaPri - take some notes

Oct 2, 2011 1:45 PM

God dammit loved this anime! 10/10 !!

Rly nice musical
dont rly like much of reverse harem but since it was musical and idol theme it was damn awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Animation style is also rly nice and unique :D HARUKA :D

Rly nice debut at end also :P If real concerts would be also like that including the effects i would go nuts xD
Oct 12, 2011 2:19 PM

Well, uhm, like many said I feel like I enjoyed this a lot more than I should have.

Aand since I base my ratings on enjoyment, I decided to lower it down a little from my 8/10 of just enjoyment to 7/10 because honestly it just doesn't deserve anything higher. In fact, it should be 6/10 but I'm being nice here.

I won't lie, overly sweet females are my favorite type of character in all animes. Unfortunately, the main character was so dumb I felt really guilty not hating her guts. What I'm trying to get at is that I never really WANTED to hate her, but I really just don't like her.

Also, I got used to her eyes. Somehow. At first they blinded the crap out of me, yes, but I'm okay with them now and they even look kind of pretty.

I have no problems with the fact that they're all interested in her. In fact, I think it's really sweet and it was totally possible. What irked me is that they fell for her.. too fast. My problem with harems is that people fall in love way too fast, just for some random act of kindness.
Tokiya, Ren, Masato, these were all guys that felt really out of character suddenly falling head over heels for this.. really plain girl.

I have to say another positive factor was just the art and animation in general was just TOTALLY gorgeous. All the characters were just BEAUTIFUL whenever they came on screen. Total eye candy.

In the end, I felt kind of ashamed for watching all of this and enjoying it. Hey, I don't see many reverse harems amongst the plethora of harems. Basically.. this anime was a guilty pleasure for me and I feel like an even bigger weeabo than I already am for thinking the guys in this were attractive. ffffs
Oct 12, 2011 5:55 PM

rlime said:
What I liked:
- The songs
- The character designs of the male characters

What I disliked:
- Haruka's eyes
- Where is the freaking ROMANCE?!
- Predictable plot

Verdict: Entertaining to watch, but not worth a rewatch.

Seriously, where is the freaking romance?

They did say in episode 1 or 2 that romance is forbidden so I wasn't expecting much in that department. Although when Itokki said "I love....." and then paused I really wanted him to say I love you, but instead he said "Your music" and I like "doh should have known better"
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character thats for sure!"
Oct 14, 2011 1:59 PM

They forgot to add the part were all the boys gang raped her.
Oct 24, 2011 1:14 AM

I loved it! 8D
It was wonderful X3
Nov 5, 2011 10:19 AM

We all knew how it all will end.
And it was... hmm... I don't know what to think.
Just... it's end! Dot.
Nov 6, 2011 8:13 AM

(Finally!) finished the show, and that's ONLY BECAUSE of the seiyuu and the music. Never played the game, but read the Manga (1st volume, oris there only one?).

I generally don't expect much of Reverse-Harem Anime, but there were few in the past that have proved to be more than just being decent (Fushigi Yuugi, Ouran High School Host Club), so I don't judge a show without having watched it actually.
Many things are said here already. Though it seems that I'm the only one who doesn't like the animation art nor the so-called "bishounen", the character design is just too flashy and over-the-top for my taste.
Forced drama scenes, main chara is annoying as hell (almost as annoying as Miaka from Fushigi Yuugi), clichè pouring from every minute.
I thought this show could be slightly better than Starry Sky, but it turned out to be even worse.

Indeed, the awesome cast of seiyuu and the music are the only plus.
So, two points for the cast, one extra point for having Suzu as a part of it (particularly since I miss him in Anime these days, though his chara in this show wasn't so talkative), and one point for the music, ergo I rate the show 4/10.
Nov 6, 2011 8:26 AM

Aw... I kinda knew that it would end like this (no romance), but I was still hoping. This is not okay though, they tricked me with the Ichinose & Haruka kissing in the opening song! Why would they even mention the romance was forbidden thing, if there wasn't gonna be any anyways. Lol idk.

Oh well. Overall, I really liked the art and music, and all the characters were likable (except Haruka at times), but the story -_- Kind of disappointing.
"have you ever really danced on the edge? is something still scaring you?"
Nov 9, 2011 4:10 PM

I won’t lie: I enjoyed UtaPuri quite a whole lot – more than I’d like to admit, too. It’s one of my guilty pleasures.

WHAT?! YOU FOOLED ME. NO MAGICALLY APPEARED MASTERPIECE OF SONG WRITING?! SHE DIDN’T EVEN MAKE THE EFFORT! NO FAIR! We all knew she was being egoist from the start, just covering it with a nice-girl-I-don’t-harm-a-single-fly act.

Haruka, stop crying. How can you say you gave your best when you ran away from school after – wait, who much time has passed since the first episode? Well, whatever – how long it’s been, and didn’t even manage to bear with the pressure!? I was thinking Tomo-chan was coming saying Haruka collapsed or something, y’know, from overworking or another lame excuse, but no! She ran away!

The guys standing in the middle of nowhere and singing to the oh-so-pitiful girl – oh my gawd, THAT was hilarious.
I could almost feel a realist dialogue coming from Haruka’s grandma:
“Tell me, Haru-chan, these are the boys you wrote me about?”
“Ah yes, Grandma.”
“My, you’ve scored a bunch of hotties! Well done, Haru-chan!”
“What? You know it’s true. I never got a harem for myself in my youth! Ah, to be young in this age. You even get a love hexagon for yourself alone!”

Mirai Chizu’s so funny. Flying stars, hearts and rainbow lights. I lol’d so much. Although I am happy they used the acappella version~

WHAT—ST☆RISH JUST TURNED INTO POWER RANGERS?! Ah, no. That’s just some random opening of the concert with inhumane choreography. They are bishounen; they can pull it off. … I HEAR GLITTER…?!

Favourite part: fangirls screaming and cheering at the concert. The high-five session, too. Dunno why, though. It fits just so right.

Finally, I must say I had a nice time watching this. Enjoyment made me overlook many of the plain uninspired and average characteristics of the show.

I’ll miss you, UtaPuri.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Nov 12, 2011 11:02 PM

I still enjoyed it none the less.
Nov 19, 2011 1:32 AM

Anyway, I enjoyed this a lot. Really. Some ups and downs here and there, but when it came to enjoyment... it didn't let me down. :bd I did not hate on Haruka, so this anime made me really happy. Yes. And six bishounens in sparkly rainbow outfits was reeeeeally awesome. LOL.

I loved Seven Colored Compass (idk what that song's called). Yup, that song they sang in the middle of the field. Especially since they did an acappella version. ♥

Am satisfied.
[insert awesome signature here]
Dec 14, 2011 8:23 PM

sucks that it end so quickly.hoping that they will sing Mirai Chizu at the concert but they didn't Oh well.hope there's a second season.loving Mirai Chizu song
Modified by srwgfan, Dec 14, 2011 8:32 PM
Dec 24, 2011 5:54 PM

What I liked
+Awsome songs (soundtrack)
+Colours and animation
+ First about ~7 episodes where the characters were introduced
+Character design (the singers especially)
+Intro and outro concert
+Funny (at the first ~7 episodes only!)

What I disliked
-Story after ~7 episodes becomes dull and predictable with needless drama
-Too short story (Overall rushed story)
-Short character development
-Not much characters apart from the main
-Nanami as a protagonist.
-Not much school life (tests,activities... etc)
-No competition... Our six singers are the pros of the world with none to stand against them...
-Singers getting equal dialogue lines and play time... (Becomes anoying when the rest of the singers HAVE to say something to feel equal with the one that just spoke)
Feb 20, 2012 8:01 PM

I think this show needs more bishounens. There really wasn't enough of them to satisfy my appetite. :|
Hello! Did you know? Barnacles have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom.
Feb 24, 2012 12:40 PM

Shancakeschan said:

Exactly what I was thinking .__.

What a very smeh ending.

I really like the music from the series, and Shou. <3
But I'm not sure whether I'll be bothering with the second season..
Mar 2, 2012 5:37 AM

I can't believe I finished watching this...what a show.
Mar 6, 2012 7:31 PM

I LOLed at the performance so hard. i wish nanami wasn't such a weak and lame character. it would have been better if she didn't make those high-pitch sounds and crying and stuff. maybe of she was either more cheerful or a real prodigy it would have been fun :)

oh and more romance should have been developed :P i loved how everyone liked her :D that was pretty awesome.
Mar 10, 2012 4:30 AM

Thank god that's over.
Mar 24, 2012 9:18 AM

I was going to give it a 7/10 but the high fives at the end made me give it an 8/10 in the end.

The story was predictable and cliche but I loved the songs in it! I might as well watch the second season. :)

Apr 2, 2012 6:30 PM

Loved the series, so I give it a 9/10. But I don't want to have a season 2 just cause the ending is so predictable. But if so, I'm gonna watch it.

Apr 9, 2012 5:14 PM

I liked the series,
but the end concert
everything is over exaggerated here..
but still!
I was able to reason out that giant stadium
because of Hayato

Jun 30, 2012 3:15 PM

The high fives were the best part of the episode.
Poor Shinomiya-san though.. knee length skirts lawl.
I wish Haruka cranked out a new song for them to debut with but it's whatever.. I still don't know why the headmaster named them "Starish" though. It's a terrible name.

I'm really surprised though.. I was really expecting SOMEONE (anyone) to give a real confession sometime in the season, and not just "I love the songs you make". I know they said that romance is forbidden, but that also sets it up for someone to just break the rule. But that would be cliche I guess, despite that the show already has so many cliches.

I'd probably watch a season 2 of this if it meant that there would more drama and romance, and if it were that the boys had become total celebrities.. but I kind of don't want there to be a second season for this. I think it ends well enough.
Aug 19, 2012 4:11 PM

I can't how many times Haruka cried in this episode :I
This serie was mehhh... 5/10
Sep 21, 2012 7:00 AM

Looking forward to the next season!

I liked this anime, it has Greatt high budget visuals, beautiful character designs, good music, an ending sequence you never get tired of (Lolol).

The story is kinda eh and there are cliches everywhere XD But I enjoyed it, and wished there were more episodes. So for all the above mentioned I'm giving it a 7/10 <3
Oct 29, 2012 6:49 PM
News Team
Well, it was an okay series I guess. I actually liked the first few episodes in the beginning that focused on each of the characters' separately than the story imo.

This finale was kinda boring (3/5) worthy but the final song was refreshing to listen to. Might give season 2 a shot as well. Who knows.

Dec 24, 2012 9:48 PM

Needed less DRAMA and Tokiya. More other guys and...yeah that's it. I really just wish the rest of the guys were explored some more (wry Satsuki only in 1 ep? ;_;). First 8 episodes >>>>>> the last 5.

Buuuuuuuut I still turned into a giddy fangirl at most parts so mission accomplished, I suppose. Dat concert at the end <333
Modified by Monochrome, Dec 24, 2012 9:52 PM
Jan 4, 2013 9:29 PM

dorothy3242 said:
I liked the series,
but the end concert
everything is over exaggerated here..
but still!
I was able to reason out that giant stadium
because of Hayato

Wow we think alike! I was wondering too...because it was their debut concert and I'm pretty sure they hadn't released their song so it was kind of weird how the fans could sing along. Not only that, I'm surprised at how big the stadium was and how many fans they had already. But it doesn't actually bother me that much, just something I noticed.

Dailymoon said:
I can't how many times Haruka cried in this episode :I
This serie was mehhh... 5/10

Yeah, I think Haruka is the worst type of heroine in a reverse harem...she had no character development whatsoever...unless you include the part where she says, "I'm done running away." That was so cliche, and not only that, I don't even understand the reason she ran away in the first place.

The best part of this episode and really, of the whole series, is the high-five scene! So cute! Definitely portrayed the feelings of excitement that Starish had for their debut after all the work they've gone through.

Interesting anime overall, but I can't say I loved it. I only watched for the pretty animation and the music, and most of all, for Miyano Mamoru :P

Jan 10, 2013 4:20 AM

I am constantly asking myself why I am enjoying this...
Haruka is annoying, their love for music goes overboard dramatically, episodes 9-12 sucked... but I like it...

gawd dat concert

the anime is mainly about music and the feels they give you.

7.45/10~ w/out my guilty pleasure its a clear 5/10 xD
Jan 18, 2013 2:12 AM

I would like to get this off my chest. Starish is a stupid name. They're only star-ish? Not actually stars? >_< Every time someone says it I like it less. *phew* I feel better now.

I loved the telling off she got from the headmaster. ^^; She's not essential. *lol*

Why. Why did they have to replay that super corny scene with that song again. ^^;

And you know... the longer this goes on as a group, the less likely she is going to be able to choose just one of them.
Feb 11, 2013 11:23 PM

I always thought her grandmother was dead...
I watched the dialogue between her and Haruka at 4x speed because it was unbearable at normal playback. Pathetic female lead is pathetic. :s

Everytime I see the guys dancing and singing that song I feel second-hand embarrassment.

but Why did they have to use it as first OP and the ED sequences?
I feel like it would have more impact if we hadn't already seen it.
A-Shit Pictures, cutting corners and recycling animation like always.

6/10 for now and that's being really nice.
Mostly because Wakamoto Norio always delivers but that is to be expected of course.

a woman with a beautiful face but an ugly heart... I know just the way to purify it
Mar 3, 2013 11:33 AM

Great last ep imo I loved their performance at the end this was a very satisfying series!
Apr 22, 2013 4:50 AM

The last few episodes had no tension at all. Everything was so predictable.

Without the voice acting of Wakamoto I would have dropped this show pretty early. 6/10.
Apr 26, 2013 7:56 AM

LOL I found myself laughing at their dancing. I really didn't mean to but it looked kinda funny. xP Onward to season 2!
May 2, 2013 5:08 PM

The best parts of this show really were the songs and colorful animations. Characters and plot were mediocre, only found 4/6 guys decent. I was hoping Haruka was going to stop being so weak-willed but that didn't really happen until the last 10 minutes of the show. The dramatic parts were not done that well and I didn't really feel the tension. Nonetheless, it had some quite enjoyable moments and was an overall fun ride. I was really hoping for a new song from Starish at the end there too as their debut number! :(

Now to watch Season 2!

May 3, 2013 5:48 PM

first off...this is officially the most gayest anime I've ever seen. Nothing wrong with that of course, but this is soooooooo CAMP that Joan Rivers would have a field day with this.

I skipped to this episode...knew whatever happened, Haruka and the Fish would perform. I see the four dudes from season two are in it, as well as Hot Cat Boy.

That being said....I feel like I should've hated this series for how dumb it is....but goddamn it, I actually LOVED the Fish and I liked Haruka. She's a total fucking airhead, but yet.....she's likable enough.

I really thought they'd pair her up with Ichinose at the end though.
Oct 28, 2013 9:32 AM

KayChan4U said:
Tbh this episode ticked me off.

About 2/3s of the damn thing was Haruka bitching and whining and CRYING NONE STOP and feeling sorry for herself. Yeah, I REALLY wanted the last episode to be totally Haruka-centric with her being a friggen cry baby e___e I really dunno why any of those guys like her. She's boring and weak and fragile and wimpy and just annoying. Then again it seems like a lot of reverse harems love going with that trend sadly..

That's just the downside for me in this episode. I REALLY liked seeing Cecil and the other singers in the audience. That was a real plus, and the concert itself was pretty cool.

So minus annoying Haruka, I'm giving it 9/10 cause I loved it for the guys.

This! I cringed so hard when those men appeared in front of her grandma's house and sang the song.. Damn why did they went so far for her!!!

I also love Cecil and the other singers in the audience seat XD Can't wait to see them in S2.

Love the concert XD Maji Love 1000% <3

Edit: And dat crazy principal :p
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 25, 2013 5:29 PM

6/10 Definitely enjoyed most of it, minus the last few melodramatic episodes. A guilty pleasure even if it sucks a lot.

Incredibly cliche most of the time
Main character started out okay but ended up being too indecisive and airheaded
Underdeveloped bishounens (especially Ren and Syo)
Annoying forced drama with cliches thrown in
Too many convenient moments (ex: Haru and Tokiya meeting under the moonlight almost every episode)

Very good animation and artwork
Fun to watch most of the time
Made me laugh at the stupidity
Nice music even if the lyrics are cheesy
Good dance sequences
Good effort on inducing equal character screentime
Good setting
touken ranbu club
idolish7 club
yumecast club
cosplay club
nodame cantabile club
eien scanlations

seeking japanese translators, cleaners and typesetters in my manga scanlation group! ♥
PM me if interested.
Feb 23, 2014 4:48 PM

I kept laughing my ass out to the whole show because of the girl ( HER EYES omgg, i didn't want to sleep tonight aanyway) soo creepy
i liked the show a little but i don't think it deserve a 10/10
it would be cool if she ended up with ONE of them and others would be happy too D: and I WANT A KISS , i would never consider an anime to a romance unless there is a kiss . But anyway there is a second season and i hope we will find something interesting in it :D -FINGER CROSS-
"Vampires, We kill the ones that sparkles for free" - Dean Winchester
"what did u dream about?" "Lollipop and candy canes" - Dean and Sam Winchester
"I swear the next person that asks me if i'm okay, i'm gonna start throwing punches" - Dean Winchester
"I'm not gonna die in a hospital where the nurses aren't even Hot" - Dean winchester
"Demons i get, people are crazy" - Dean Winchester

Jun 18, 2014 7:51 AM

When they showed that concert at the start of the series, I couldn't help but laugh and shake my head thinking "oh man so cheesy." But this time around I was really feeling both the song and the dancing. The high fives right beforehand were a win and I like what Haruka says about music right before the debut concert started.

But I think my favorite part of this episode was when the guys all came to get Haruka and sang that short song again. I love the melody and the little fantasy bit had such a feel good sensation that came along with the lyrics.

I'm pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoyed this series. Most of the character songs and group songs were fantastic and it's some of the best male seiyuu singing I've heard in an anime. I think what I enjoyed most about this was how passionate the characters were about music. Although I lost count of the times a guy would go "Haruka, I love......the music you make."

I may be the lone wolf on this thread when I say this but I actually liked Haruka. I really liked her honest love for music and her airhead moments were amusing. It helped contribute to an already lighthearted, fun experience. I also didn't mind how over the top and unrealistic it got at times, it fit well with the crazy atmosphere.

700/1000%, will tune in for 2000% in the near future.

Oh and Ringo was awesome, had me laughing nearly every time.
Modified by Ratohnhaketon, Jun 18, 2014 7:54 AM
Jun 25, 2014 3:23 AM

5/10 just because of the last episode that was actually quite interesting. :)
Jul 8, 2014 9:59 PM

I really enjoyed this anime!! more than I thought I would. I absolutely adored the part where the guys came to her grandmas house and sang that song for her. WHERE IS THE FULL VERSION! That song is so damn beautiful.

The ending made me a fangirl big time. I already knew the whole song just about so here I am smiling like an idiot and singing and squealing like a love struck teenager. Just so much fun in those last little bits. So I thoroughly enjoyed this anime. It had very nice music and a somewhat nice story. Just something lighthearted every now and then is needed.

They finally showed them dancing during the countdown part. Super hilarious but interesting at the same time.

Aug 24, 2014 9:41 AM

KayChan4U said:
I really dunno why any of those guys like her. She's boring and weak and fragile and wimpy and just annoying. Then again it seems like a lot of reverse harems love going with that trend sadly..

I have to admit Haruka is my least favorite thing about the entire series (well, her and Shining). I usually like otome protagonists, but Haruka is just annoying - she's incredibly naive, cries all the damn time and gives up too easily. I know there are people with confidence issues, but this girl just takes it too far. And to be fair, she doesn't do anything in the series - she just brought the guys together and makes some music, and that's it. (Not to mention her moe voice irks me.) I'm watching this episode right now, and I'm about to scream at the screen "STOP BAWLING ALREADY!".

As far as reverse harems go, Starry Sky and the entire Neoromance franchise have really good protagonists. For ex, Nozomi in Haruka 3 is a swordswoman and Tsukiko from Starry Sky is more of a tomboy than a girly girl. And then there's Alice from Alice in the Country of Hearts who's just amazing. I freakin' LOVE that girl - she actually snarks the love interests and has enough guts to bicker with a mafia boss. XD
Modified by Beldarius, Aug 24, 2014 11:22 AM
Jun 14, 6:14 AM

Nice final episode. I think it wrapped things up pretty nicely, and Shou's casual outfit these past 2 episodes was really cute. :3

Oh A1, I see what you did there with that senior cameo. ;)
Jun 27, 1:31 PM

Went from totally disliking the song to actually digging it LOL

Didn't watch this for the plot, so as expected, I was frustrated a lot of times because of the plot holes, but I guess it is still somewhat enjoyable in a way...I guess. Bishies XD

Nanami's eyes still freak me out...

I think I actually watched this to see the development of romance between Nanami and Tokiya, and I'm sad we didn't get to see that. Will it happen in the next seasons? Because that's the (only?) reason I will want to watch S2 and S3 (for now)
Jul 12, 9:18 AM

I thought her grandma was dead, because at the beginning she used to say shinryainara obaa-chan or something like that and I thought shinryainara meant passed away.

Aug 3, 2:18 PM

Overall average ending of an average anime, this still remains an over the top shoujo anime focused on female service but well in general it was okay and with one more season to go I do wonder what it will offer us!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]