Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 24, 2011 8:48 AM
Jun 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Last episode, i wish there is going to be a second season~Nanami ran away home& her grandmother finally appears.Lol and the principal's random appearence at Nanami's home.
vanissa45Sep 24, 2011 9:15 AM
Sep 24, 2011 10:12 AM

Nov 2007
Shining reminding what she said, as a fan or a composer, so he cannot trust her for the group's composer.

The guys cannot do the group without her, but she told them not to break up.

She went back to visit her grandmother. She couldn't tell her about her trouble, but she sensed it.

Grandma's talk about how Nanami goes to music study made her confess. The rare meeting with the guys made her decide to go back to academy.

lol~ how can they find out about her house?? and sing "Mirai Chizu". lol @ only she can compose the song. lol even more @ Shining's appearance. So he tested her for her to find out what she lacks.

Then live from episode 1 in more scenes (seems like Cecil was there right before it begins). And ED continues in full! I love how it ends (the performance scene).

So sad that another half of Kaoru Kurusu never appear in anime at all (editing the relation from that seiyuu club)
tsubasaloverSep 24, 2011 10:44 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 24, 2011 10:29 AM

Jul 2010
I found this show way more enjoyable then I probably should have.
Sep 24, 2011 10:51 AM

Jun 2008
kyaaaaaa marvelous loved it nwn

i was like screaming out loud in that concert XD

it was nice i want more
Life is bittersweet can you live with that?
Sep 24, 2011 10:54 AM

Apr 2011
it ended on a nice note. the friendship-harem ending was of course, expected.
so haruka did go back and it was all happily ever after.

I enjoyed it to a large extent and I think it would be fine if there wasn't a second season since it was really satisfying. the singing was really sweet too imo, and them just bringing her back was not really expected.

although, I do wish that granny could have had slightly more reaction towards the young men who were standing in her field and singing to her grand daughter.

the principal is officially nuts, I don't know how he affords to jump on balloons from his own debut group's concert and still survive.

but the the biggest thing that bugged me most of all was natsuki's skirt.
christ, that was the most hideous thing I ever seen.
Sep 24, 2011 11:14 AM

May 2008
Tbh this episode ticked me off.

About 2/3s of the damn thing was Haruka bitching and whining and CRYING NONE STOP and feeling sorry for herself. Yeah, I REALLY wanted the last episode to be totally Haruka-centric with her being a friggen cry baby e___e I really dunno why any of those guys like her. She's boring and weak and fragile and wimpy and just annoying. Then again it seems like a lot of reverse harems love going with that trend sadly..

That's just the downside for me in this episode. I REALLY liked seeing Cecil and the other singers in the audience. That was a real plus, and the concert itself was pretty cool.

So minus annoying Haruka, I'm giving it 9/10 cause I loved it for the guys.

Sep 24, 2011 11:14 AM

Feb 2009
That was kind of a.. plain ending if you ask me.
I wish they put more story in the Nanami x Hayato relationship. (yes I know, love is forbidden at school, but still)
Sep 24, 2011 11:15 AM

Aug 2009
This show was the worst piece of shit I have ever seen...

-99999999999999999999999999999999999999/10

Amen its over...
ImNotLulexiaaSep 24, 2011 11:19 AM
Sep 24, 2011 11:17 AM

Jul 2011
It was an OK ending. Never did like Nanami... but I loved the concert, and when they all high-fived her. -lols at Ichinose-

The principal is a freak. e.o

I thought that in Harems the chick always ends up with one of the guys? o.o

Nanami's eyes are still creepy...

But none of that matters because I only watched Uta no Prince-Sama for Syo. :3
I want that song that they sang for her at the house though... it sounds nice. :D
Sep 24, 2011 11:19 AM

Jan 2011
Great ending. Better than expected. Loved all the songs throughout the anime.
Concert was really nice too, finally able to see how the dance goes when they are counting :). Wanna learn it~
(Mirai chizu is also a great song!)
Also, who where the people at the concert who appeared right after Cecil? Or are they just random people? o_o
Sep 24, 2011 11:23 AM

Aug 2011
Wuppie said:
I wish they put more story in the Nanami x Hayato relationship. (yes I know, love is forbidden at school, but still)

this
Sep 24, 2011 11:31 AM

May 2011
Lulexiaa said:

Amen its over...

It seems you saw it full nonetheless :P
Sep 24, 2011 11:41 AM

Aug 2009
asckj1 said:
Lulexiaa said:

Amen its over...

It seems you saw it full nonetheless :P

I guess....

I hated Haruka so bad....she was annoying and a dumbass....
Overall this show was fucking terrible... ;P
Sep 24, 2011 11:54 AM

Jun 2009
I actually enjoyed it
i think i enjoyed it a little too much XD
Sep 24, 2011 12:22 PM

Jan 2010
Actually I never wanted to see this Anime...
I just watched the first episode out of boredom..
And now, this is my favorite Series xDD
And I so love the End! I think it's the best End of an Anime i've ever seen O.O
And I so want a second Season *-*

kamina99 said:
Wuppie said:

this

I think they didn't do this, because it's based on an Otome Game...
And some people (like me) would have wanted for Haruka to start a Relationship with some other guy than Hayato ^^

Sep 24, 2011 12:24 PM

Sep 2009
Shining omg. xD

Well I liked Nanami a bit more towards the beginning of the episode, but then after that it was just like derp.
Sep 24, 2011 12:42 PM

Jul 2010
Wuppie said:
Weren't they only forbidden from dating the person they partnered up with? Either way, a rule like that is bound to be broken a thousand times over, and it's not like they couldn't have bent it in some way to fit. I mean, the principal's character was all over the place anyways, so why not?

MM-Rosiie said:
I thought that in Harems the chick always ends up with one of the guys? o.o
Meh, it's a 50/50 toss up with these, and you're usually able to tell early on whether or not it will have a romantic conclusion. For this show I didn't think it would since Nanami was always saying how she loved their songs and never said a word about romantic feelings. She's your typical clueless female lead that is completely unfazed by all the best looking guys in school fawning over her. She seemed to be leading towards Tokiya the whole time since she was a Hayato fan, not to mention that they played him off like the lead male character, but it was all idolization rather than romantic feelings. Otoya seemed to play second place and everyone else was just there for cliched variety.

On to the show itself, the cheese factor is off the charts. Not that it wasn't all along, or that I ever really expected a harem, reverse or no, to ever be anything decent, but come on. XD

We spent half of the final episode with Haruka crying to her grandmother. To be honest, I thought her grandmother had died. I don't know why I thought that since she was writing her letters throughout the show. Attention fail. :(

Did anyone else find her grandmother's frame to be unusually large? Not really fat, just plain big.

Uta-Pri was kind of cute for what it was but nothing special. I got over the fact she chose everyone pretty quickly and it seemed to work all right with the direction the show was taking. Besides, I need to like both the male and female lead in order to care about the romantic conclusion anyways, and Uta-Pri's characters were all average to me. In the end it's a 6/10.

Oh, and I only just noticed it in this last episode, but Tokiya's ex-manager, the guy that was in the hospital, looks a heck of a lot like Soichirou Yagami from Death Note.
Sep 24, 2011 12:43 PM

Jun 2011
Takashi981 said:
I actually enjoyed it

THIS. XD I actually can say that I LOVED this episode for some reason.
Especially at the debut concert, I was literally up singing along, dancing, cheering for Toki-kun *Ittoki*, squealing... 0.0 Fangirl works.
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
Sep 24, 2011 12:50 PM

Jul 2009
SoraLover1994 said:
Takashi981 said:
I actually enjoyed it

THIS. XD I actually can say that I LOVED this episode for some reason.
Especially at the debut concert, I was literally up singing along, dancing, cheering for Toki-kun *Ittoki*, squealing... 0.0 Fangirl works.

You just read my mind =D
Sep 24, 2011 12:59 PM
Jan 2011
SayoAisaka said:
Actually I never wanted to see this Anime...
I just watched the first episode out of boredom..
And now, this is my favorite Series xDD
And I so love the End! I think it's the best End of an Anime i've ever seen O.O
And I so want a second Season *-*

kamina99 said:
Wuppie said:

this

I think they didn't do this, because it's based on an Otome Game...
And some people (like me) would have wanted for Haruka to start a Relationship with some other guy than Hayato ^^

Well, here's the thing, since this anime has a harem genre in it, it is just natural that it ends the way like any anime with harem genre in it, in this case Haruka didn't choose anybody.
Sep 24, 2011 1:44 PM
Sep 2011
Also, who where the people at the concert who appeared right after Cecil? Or are they just random people? o_o

"COMPETITION/RIVALS" ... Maybe a 2nd season is coming
Sep 24, 2011 2:25 PM
Feb 2010
this is what you a call a real music anime with more then 2 songs and doesn;t have 3/4 series talking about cake and tea i looking at you k on take some notes
Sep 24, 2011 2:26 PM

Aug 2010
I kinda enjoyed it more than I was expeting. Loved it for the guys and the music, but Nanami was kinda annoying XD

Lotte260 said:

They are from UtaPri Debut (the continuation of the games).There will be some Senpai-Kouhai series of CDs releasing soon, featuring the new characters & an UtaPri pair.

Image:

From left to right:
- Camus (voiced by Tomoaki Maeno, Unit CD with Cecil)
- Ranmaru Kurosaki (voiced by Tatsuhisa Suzuki, Unit CD with Ren & Masato)
- Reiji Kotobuki (voiced by Morikubo Showtaro, unit CD with Otoya & Tokiya)
- Ai Mikaze (voiced by Aoi Shouta, Unit CD with Natsuki & Syo).

Better photos:

So... Second Season, yeah?? XD
SoraKuroSep 24, 2011 2:32 PM
Sep 24, 2011 2:39 PM
Jun 2009
"Saa let's PISS" left me rotf for 10 minutes.

Okay, so that's what we've been waiting for... same thing as in the first episode. THANK YOU, DAMN IT!!!! This ep made so much sense as... erm, Nanami. "Oh, Grandma, you need help, so I'll just keep staring into NOTHING and leave hard work to you!"
Glad it's the end... is it?

... ohhhhkaay I loved it. it made me laugh. and laugh. and left me asking myself "WTF did I just watch?!!!" I'm sorry anime, you are terrible, but I love you. Nevertheless I can't give more than 3. It'd be cruel to better animes.
ins-chanSep 24, 2011 2:45 PM
Sep 24, 2011 2:57 PM

May 2009
i reaaaally wanted to squeal at the ending
mukuro-sama♥ hibari-sama♥fon-sama♥
My top wanted things:
1. Yato umbrellas!!
2. Mukuro's left eye
3. LEON!!! (KHR)
Sep 24, 2011 4:06 PM

Sep 2007
YAY! Pretty good [original] ending.
The beginning was blah but the "concert" bit made up for it (more or less...)

And it was nice to see the whole "concert" for once (not just a repeat of the bit in the beginning of the first ep.
((I WANT TO SEE COSPLAY GROUPS DO THE WHOLE THING CORRECTLY NOW!!!))

Lol @ them floating down from above though.

Also, I kinda went YAY! for being able to Cecil for a moment backstage.... then felt bad for him all over again (because he only has a 'supporting' role) ;_;

Overall....I'm going to nudge my rating for the series down to 9 or 8....(yeah I'm a generous rater, sue me) but some parts could've been expanded on I think....
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Sep 24, 2011 4:47 PM

Sep 2007
ins-chan said:
"Saa let's PISS" left me rotf for 10 minutes.

In Dutch it sounds like ''Saa LESBISCH!'', which literally translated means ''Well now, let's get lesbian!''. :'D

I quite liked the episode, though I really had to be sure I wasn't laughing too hard (it's kinda the middle of the night over here right nao) when the boys were singing outside of Haruka's house. Dunno why, but I just found that hilarious. Perhaps the fact they stood in a perfect row? Anyway.
I really don't like Haruka, but I have to agree with all people finding her cute that in this episode, yes she was. I want to look that cute when crying and kneeling on the ground with a white dress on too. :'( And to be surrounded by bishounen who are all romantically interested in you as well, of course.

The concert was awesome, very very much so, and the little individual meetings between Haruka and the boys right before they went up on stage were really sweet.

Giving this series a score is harder than it should be. I think technically it would be worth a 6, perhaps a 7, because of the overall clichéness in story and characters. But rating a show only technically is something you can leave to ''professionals'', so I won't do that.
I really enjoyed UtaPri, and am fangirling over it nearly every day, and that's just 'cause I love the fandom. Not the plot, not the overused character types, but simply because I like the relationships between them and because of the nice colours/music/looks. So, I won't give it a 6, nor a 7, but for now an 8.
HiinaSep 24, 2011 4:51 PM
Sep 24, 2011 5:05 PM

Apr 2010
I really don't know how to rate this anime, the heroine was the worst of girls in anime I ever saw... So many times I wished to kick her or pull her hair, man I was braver when I broke my leg and I did cry a lot but I can't win against Haruka...
If it wasn't for my bishie fetish and the perfect seiyuu combo I would surely drop this series thanks to the main girl...
Sep 24, 2011 5:06 PM
Apr 2010

Ai

I thought this guy was a girl. :|
Sep 24, 2011 6:02 PM

Aug 2011
I'm pretty satisfied with the ending.

Haruka's bitching was so annoying though. Ugh. It was cute how Otoya was right in front of her when she was crying. All the guys were adorable in this ep. Mirai Chizu~

LOVED the concert. I squealed, and I never squeal.

Would be awesome if we got another season.

Natsuki ftw!

Sep 24, 2011 6:10 PM

Aug 2010
skinst said:

Ai

I thought this guy was a girl. :|

Goes well with his seyiuu (Aoi Shouta)

dat hair... wtf lol
Sep 24, 2011 7:01 PM

Sep 2008
I'm pretty sure you guys heard me in the crowd during their live.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2011 8:38 PM

Nov 2008
I gotta agree with a lot of people, the only reason I enjoyed this series was because of my lovely guys especially Tokiya, and the songs.

I wish there had been more Tokiya x Haruka...but oh well. I really would want to go to their concert if they performed together in real life...it would be awesome!!!!

Overall I was satisfied....^_^
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Sep 24, 2011 8:58 PM

Oct 2008
Yeah yeah Haruka whatever.
It brought bishounens and music, and that's what I wanted.

7/10
>User since 2008
Please god help me quit this website.

Such great community that doesn't even know how demographics work, AND gives """detailed"""" reviews after first episodes.

Sep 24, 2011 10:45 PM

Feb 2011
Am I the only one who find Haruka as....normal? She has a pretty voice too...well though I don't really like the crying part. I prefer tough girls

The appearance of UtaPri Debut Charas! Lol I find it interesting xDD

'Wow' at the lyrics in the ending song:

"Nanairo no Compass", "Brand New Melody", "Knocking on the Mind", "Believe Heart", "Full Throttle Chivalrous Spirit", "Shout", "Mirai no Chizu"
Sep 25, 2011 12:23 AM

Dec 2010
when i first saw this anime i watching for a laugh because it reminded me a anime version of a bad boy band like n'sync but i ended up loving lol im a little sad that there was never anything behind the romance with hayato but i was pleased with this show. I'm a little sad it ended.
- Marissa Chan!
Sep 25, 2011 1:38 AM
Feb 2008
And their song wasn't even good ...

Seriously, I don't know how to rate this .. The story was the worst ever, the heroine was annoying and the ending really boring. But then again the music was so awesome <3
Sep 25, 2011 2:08 AM

Jun 2011
The ending was good, I liked this series a lot better than I thought I would (I was kinda forced to start it, but I'm glad I did XD) xD I'm not saying it's a master piece or something, but it's pretty good for a harem xD
Sep 25, 2011 2:11 AM

Oct 2009
hmmm I didn't like the whole episode, but I did like the end.

It was a nice serie though!
Sep 25, 2011 2:13 AM
Apr 2010
SoraKuro said:

Goes well with his seyiuu (Aoi Shouta)

dat hair... wtf lol

THATS A GUY?! O___________O

Anyway *ahem* Great series. Thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish. <3
Sep 25, 2011 2:16 AM

Jul 2011
God. Nanami's grandma must think she's a right little slut.
Sep 25, 2011 3:38 AM

Aug 2011
It's over ;~; ended as expected .. XD loved seeing the granny. And the principal dude.. XD no words here.

Although I had hoped to see a bit of extra story after the final song.. overall, good ending. Not the best, but good. :3

Second season please? x
Do not feed the trolls! They bite ;D
Sep 25, 2011 5:45 AM
Jun 2009
Hiina said:
I really had to be sure I wasn't laughing too hard (it's kinda the middle of the night over here right nao) when the boys were singing outside of Haruka's house. Dunno why, but I just found that hilarious. Perhaps the fact they stood in a perfect row?

haha THIS.

Abracapanda said:
Nanami's grandma must think she's a right little slut.

and THIS made my day.
Sep 25, 2011 6:10 AM

May 2011
Just finished watching the episode. The concert felt like the absolute real thing !!! Loved that part. I really dont quiet understand even now why i watched the series. maybe cause of the bishonen and the really groovy songs but nevertheless enjoyed watching it :D

When Nanami says all are having a debut. only I was left aside I kinda felt bad for her for the first time among all the episodes of this series. But in the end they were all together. I felt happy for that. That is what it was supposed to be like.

Though its intriguing een now as to who this "God of composers is" since the person was never revealed.

And lastly no matter from what perspective I look Cecile looks by far the coolest dude among all of the guys O.o
Sep 25, 2011 6:40 AM

Oct 2008
Haha, great anime! :D

Hmm, the scenes where Haruka went home was boring. :/

But I loved the end :D

I hope on a second season (well, never gonna be one I think)

No IttokixNanami ending D:
Sep 25, 2011 7:13 AM

Jul 2011
ordinary ending, huh? But at concert part I kinda felt like a fangirl :D
Of course, Shining is a stalker- watching everyone eveywhere.

I liked this anime. At some point I was very bored, but now I don't regret watching it.

7/10.
Sep 25, 2011 7:53 AM

Oct 2009
They could of at least gone through the full song as the concert so we could see the dance
TBH I wanted the entire episode to be a concert alone.
Music was nice. Story was good but it lost points in Art cos her eyes still give me nightmares
Overall rating is a 9/10
Anime, Food and Sleep Who needs anything more!
Sep 25, 2011 8:07 AM

Jul 2009
I loved this show. ;_; Yes, it was cheesy as hell and Haruka was OBNOXIOUS FFFFFF.
But I still loved it. It was so pretty and the guys were great and their voices...
I don't want it to end. I hope maybe they'll make a second season.
But that probably wont happen. ;________________;
Sep 25, 2011 9:43 AM

Jan 2011
The Ending was pretty good! Usually they suck in this kind of animes. But yeah, I liked it!^^ Enjoyable to the very end!
Sep 25, 2011 9:57 AM

Aug 2010
I liked this anime overall:D It was very enjoyable!
I just wish that they would have performed their other song "Map to the Future" (I think that's what it's called) at the concert cause we have all seen the "1000% love" part a bunch of times.. xD I know I have! But even so I still ended up cheering for them on stage lmao.
Cute anime, I loved the art in it. It was so colorful *o*
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 3, 2011

78 by Netbug »»
Aug 24, 2023 11:28 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

vanissa45 - Aug 20, 2011

86 by Netbug »»
Aug 24, 2023 10:38 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

vanissa45 - Sep 10, 2011

57 by hanakocheeks »»
Feb 25, 2023 3:54 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

vanissa45 - Aug 27, 2011

83 by hanakocheeks »»
Feb 25, 2023 3:52 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

vanissa45 - Aug 6, 2011

71 by hanakocheeks »»
Feb 25, 2023 3:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.