Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 23, 2011 11:32 AM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Aww, Rika's face when she woke up and realize she didn't have any boobs. ( ¬‿¬)
Oh boy. This is so ridiculous that it's hilarious.
And I just remembered about that Kei×Satoshi scene from ep1 when they appeared together. ( ¬_¬) Speaking of which, it's so weird seeing Satoshi. He's like... His whole existence is weird.

And suddenly, Shion and Mion going crazy <3
...Wait, what? Where'd that rope come from?

Anyway, seriously, I enjoyed this episode.
I mean, I even feel like watching some random mahou shoujo animu now.
Also, lots of Mion in the next one. <3
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Sep 23, 2011 7:29 PM
Aug 2011
Is it subbed yet?
Sep 23, 2011 10:39 PM

Jan 2009
Nope, found it on Say-Move an hour before posting. Raw, obviously.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Sep 24, 2011 4:07 AM

Feb 2009
I'm not a big fan of this OVA series, but I did laugh when I saw the mahou shoujo outfits.

Next time a maid cafe! :o
Sep 24, 2011 9:25 AM

Feb 2010
So, next time, more MionxKeiichi >:3?
Sep 24, 2011 11:41 AM

Nov 2008
Those mahou shoujo outfits are really cute, I like Satoko having a mallet, it increases the moe factor and that transformation showed off her delicious loli shape. The thing that was odd no nude transforming, they wear bodysuits instead. The end credits, some slight shoujo-ai from Rika and Satoko.

Maids for the next ep.

Sep 26, 2011 5:16 AM

Nov 2007
is it more stupid fanservice?
Sep 26, 2011 7:31 AM

Jan 2008
arnxx said:
is it more stupid fanservice?

You could say that. I'm still waiting for the right kind of stupid fanservice genre they seem to be cycling through, though a Maid Cafe episode could be... intersting. Liked the first one too, it had some mindfuck, which is always good.

Highlights of this episode:
Cute costumes
Rika then she wants to be an adult/have big boobs
07TH EXPLOSION (for the reference)
Dem clubcards are big..

http://ilyasviel.mybrute.com
Sep 26, 2011 8:10 AM

Dec 2009
At first I facepalmed, but in the end I enjoyed it ^^

QB approves this episode !
yuno6.jpg
Sep 26, 2011 8:50 AM

Apr 2009

It was terrible - not quite as bad as the first episode (which was a failure of an unparalleled nature), but not much better at all. It's no use to point out bad things about Higurashi Kira, after all there's nothing good in it. Everything is thoroughly fucked up, and everything makes you feel bad for watching it.

1/5 for this episode. Dropped - I do not wish to see any more of this crap.

Sep 26, 2011 9:12 AM

Sep 2010
I LOL'D

Bernkastel's remarks was pure win.
And also... 07TH EXPLOSION!!!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!

9/10
2e16nig.png
Sep 26, 2011 9:54 AM

Jun 2008
Blackiris said:
I do not wish to see any more of this crap.

Hope we won't see you ever again. :D

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Sep 26, 2011 10:07 AM

Apr 2009
kaimax said:
Blackiris said:

Says a person with almost 50 titles rated as 10/10 (such as Idolm@ster or C;H). Yes, yes, I know
>tastes
Also - it's a pity that your hopes were unfulfilled because of me visiting this thread once again. I'd apologize for it, but after some thought I decided to refrain from doing so to someone who defends this OVA. As a veteran of several greater flame wars (E8 threads, among them) I shall now rest in slumber smirking and grinning at the utter crap spouted by idiots on the internet. I've grown tired of fighting off morons, it's the internet after all - and the worst I can do to them you is capslocking you to death or posting some rude reaction faces. How fearsome. Have a nice day, and enjoy your usual dose of crap from Studio DEEN.

Sep 26, 2011 10:35 AM

Jun 2010
First episode was shit, this was much better. I enjoyed this episode, but not enough to change my rating of this ova from a 4.
For some reason, I expected "Fly Away Now" to play during the the magical girl transformation after seeing what Rika looked like in the dream
Sep 26, 2011 10:48 AM
Jun 2011
So many references to the original series
Sep 26, 2011 10:49 AM

Sep 2008
I lol at anyone thinking Kira would be serious.

The episode was fun and I enjoyed watching it; I kinda wished that they really did grow up during the transformation, but the Sailor Moon-ness was enough to settle my appetite.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2011 10:49 AM

Aug 2011
i don't know what to say about these 2 eps at all, at first i hate them both, but somehow i still like them :/
the next one does seem more better, hwoever, with some mion!!! <3
Blackiris said:
kaimax said:
Blackiris said:

Says a person with almost 50 titles rated as 10/10 (such as Idolm@ster or C;H). Yes, yes, I know
>tastes
Also - it's a pity that your hopes were unfulfilled because of me visiting this thread once again. I'd apologize for it, but after some thought I decided to refrain from doing so to someone who defends this OVA. As a veteran of several greater flame wars (E8 threads, among them) I shall now rest in slumber smirking and grinning at the utter crap spouted by idiots on the internet. I've grown tired of fighting off morons, it's the internet after all - and the worst I can do to them you is capslocking you to death or posting some rude reaction faces. How fearsome. Have a nice day, and enjoy your usual dose of crap from Studio DEEN.

LMAOOO!!!! XD
Sep 26, 2011 1:57 PM

Aug 2009
Ughhh... the OP animation makes my eyes bleed...

And wow, even though this ep was an original story, was even better than the Batsukoishit-hen one...

However, what I really hate is this stupid way of milking EVERY franchise with random things... =_=
Sep 26, 2011 2:02 PM

Nov 2009
Satoko is as adorable as ever.

Seriously did anyone else think she looked hot in the dream sequence where she was older? =)

Looking forward to the next ep...maybe some character development between Mion and Keiichi...we all know that an attraction is there...just want to see how they interpret it.
Sep 26, 2011 2:24 PM

May 2010
I thought episode 2 was going to be completely different from episode 1, but turns out I was wrong. Who could've guessed that the anniversary series could be just full of awful fanservice nobody cares about? (which is also the problem with modern anime) I'm dropping this filth. The only thing I have witnessed is death of a culture.
Sep 26, 2011 3:22 PM

Aug 2009
What the hell is that. Is that a plane? Is that a sh**t? No! It's Higurashi Kira!
I cannot remember how long has it been since I saw something such terrible, that I couldn't watch. Rika who is worrying about breast, Takano-mecha and other idiocy...
Below my reaction to this episode:

I was going to dropp it, but in next episod we gonna have some K1xMion stuff, which I'm fan. However I don't expect much :(
Sep 26, 2011 3:22 PM
Aug 2010
Hahahaha this is fucking hilarious. Haters can hate all they want but these OVAs are awesome. Sure it's really different from the original series, but that's not a bad thing. Makes me think of Carnival Phantasm, it's just a comedy offshoot of the original series and it works incredibly well.

9/10 so far

P.S. If you started watching this expecting something serious, you're doing it wrong.
Sep 26, 2011 4:20 PM

Mar 2011
Preview for next ep: MionxKeiichi
Me:......NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TnT
Sep 26, 2011 4:20 PM

Aug 2010
Blackiris said:
kaimax said:
Blackiris said:

>tastes

Over 50 titles rated 10? Your doing it wrong man. That or you are VERY easily entertained.
Sep 26, 2011 5:04 PM

Mar 2009
Complete shit.
Sep 26, 2011 6:30 PM

Jan 2011
I liked this episode better than the previous, but I was hoping for something a little more when I saw it was a magiacl girl parody, but all in all it was quite nice.
Sep 26, 2011 8:43 PM

Apr 2010
The hell was that... I thought it would actually redeem itself and be actually funny starting from EP2... disappointed.
Sep 26, 2011 8:57 PM
Sep 2011
As a fan of the Mahou Shoujo genre it was interesting to see how they could take the series and turn it into... well... that. It felt a bit cliche, but it works for a parody/shout-out thingie.

Fairy Hanyuu was so adorable I barfed rainbows.
Sep 26, 2011 10:08 PM
Aug 2011
The preview made the next episode look awesome. That's about the only good thing I can say about this ep.
Sep 26, 2011 11:07 PM

Aug 2010
Edefrem said:

YEAH!!! I want RenaxKeiichi :(

anyways this was...ok, not the best but I laughed quite a bit...but what's with the ecchiness??? so i guess its safe to assume we won't get another creepy higurashi episode.
Sep 27, 2011 12:25 AM

Jan 2009
badbluesplayer said:
Edefrem said:
YEAH!!! I want RenaxKeiichi :(
MionxShion is obviously better than all other pairings.
Sep 27, 2011 2:22 AM

Apr 2009
billng said:
Blackiris said:
kaimax said:
Blackiris said:

>tastes

Over 50 titles rated 10? Your doing it wrong man. That or you are VERY easily entertained.

Not me, but the guy whom I was quoting. And yes - having 50 titles rated as 10/10 shows that one could be easily entertained. And thus... such people may actually enjoy Kira.

Also this:
LordMarluxia said:
I thought episode 2 was going to be completely different from episode 1, but turns out I was wrong. Who could've guessed that the anniversary series could be just full of awful fanservice nobody cares about? (which is also the problem with modern anime) I'm dropping this filth. The only thing I have witnessed is death of a culture.

You have my sword support.

Sep 27, 2011 3:49 AM
Oct 2009
I, for one, welcome our new moe overlords.
Sep 27, 2011 4:36 AM

Aug 2007
HawthorneKitty said:
I lol at anyone thinking Kira would be serious.
I thought it would be funny. But it's not. I have put a lot of time and emotion into this series and it pains me to see this badly written parody which makes everyone so OOC.

The only thing that makes me watch this is the hope that maybe at the end of the last episode they'll finally tell us what "Dochi" means.
suusuuSep 27, 2011 4:43 AM
Sep 27, 2011 5:52 AM

Apr 2008
These ovas are so damn retarded.
At least the first one had massive fanservice.
This one was just retarded.

chessmaster1989 said:

P.S. If you started watching this expecting something serious, you're doing it wrong.

I didn`t expect it to be serious, but I did expect it to be good, which it`s nowhere near :P

Sep 27, 2011 6:30 AM

May 2007
Sep 27, 2011 8:19 AM
Dec 2007
Even though I'm a huge fan and thus kinda pissed off by this Kira, this second OVA was more enjoyable than the first one and pretty good even on a magical girls scale.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 27, 2011 9:18 AM

Dec 2010
Blackiris said:
I shall now rest in slumber smirking and grinning at the utter crap spouted by idiots on the internet.

You are an idiot too, you aren't so special and more smart, you are more retard because you say you dropped it but you still Q_Q.
What people do and enjoy is not your damn business, if someone has fun nothing is wasted in the first place. Grew up.

LordMarluxia said:
I thought episode 2 was going to be completely different from episode 1, but turns out I was wrong. Who could've guessed that the anniversary series could be just full of awful fanservice nobody cares about?

I care and judge from the poll more people care, you are a non-factor and please don't speak for everyone speak for yourself. If you want so much the blood and gore go watch the first 2 seasons. This is intended to be a comedy-fun 4 oav show, no more.

Back on topic, 4/5 for me.
Fn76Sep 27, 2011 9:23 AM
Sep 27, 2011 9:19 AM
Jul 2018
It was okay.

The blood shot eyes kinda creeped me out though
Sep 27, 2011 2:05 PM

Sep 2009
Oh come on.

I was seriously expecting a better plot, the complexity level of this plot is a disgrace to higurashi. Well, I'm not sure whether they're referencing Madoka Magica in particular or just mahou shoujo genre in general.

I'm still going to watch the entire series no matter how bad it gets, if it wasn't for the Higurashi characters and settings, I wouldn't bother.
Sep 27, 2011 2:32 PM

Jul 2011
lol it wasn't that bad... It was just pretty funny. At least it's just 2 more eps, I still like Kira better than Rei though XDD But I really think they should have just stopped the series at Kai....
Sep 27, 2011 5:27 PM

Mar 2009
barabara said:
I was seriously expecting a better plot

Oh dear :/

Better than expected. Quite amusing really. Stupid, but amusing. The first episode made me wtf everywhere, but this one felt nostalgic. I forgot how much I missed Satoko, Rika, Hanyuu and the rest. Oh 2008~ <3

It's not meant to be taken seriously, just for fun, and it did a good job at doing that imo. This time. Last time, not so much. :P

Well there's two episodes left. There hasn't been any actual comedy so I'm hoping the next two eps make me laugh at least once.

Also magical girl Rika = same voice as Nanoha = cute :)
Sep 27, 2011 9:11 PM

Jun 2008
That whole episode was just...
was just...

wat

Sep 27, 2011 9:24 PM

Jun 2008
Didn't care for this one personally, hopefully the next one is more entertaining.

The real show here is seeing all the people who take this seriously.
Sep 28, 2011 2:45 AM

Aug 2007
Fnights said:
Blackiris said:
LordMarluxia said:
Who could've guessed that the anniversary series could be just full of awful fanservice nobody cares about?

I care and judge from the poll more people care, you are a non-factor and please don't speak for everyone speak for yourself.
lol please skill up on your english, that's just a commonly used figure of speech which doesn't state any opinion of the majority.
Sep 28, 2011 5:08 AM

May 2010
07th Explosion~
Sep 28, 2011 9:17 AM
Jul 2018
Well I smiled a couple times at the classic catchphrases and the Cardcaptor style bits, so tons better than Episode 1. Still pretty weak.
Sep 28, 2011 12:32 PM

Feb 2011
Rika is one of my favorite anime characters so I'm glad she got a good deal of attention (that doesn't involve cleaning windows with her butt) in this episode.
Sep 28, 2011 1:07 PM
May 2009
I just found how Hanyuu's verbal tic changing to her saying "Hanyuu~" to be a bit weird. I thought that "Auauau~" was enough.
Sep 28, 2011 2:15 PM

Mar 2010
I loved all the puns, outfits, animation, hauuus and "Hannyu!"(s), and the fact that Keiichi and Satoshi totally live together and went off to do unknown shit together like three times this episode~xD
But I can't help but be disappointed there was only magical girl action for the last 20 minutes of the episode, and like 5 minutes for Satoko:/
I'd love more of the mahou shojo story, it was cute and ridiculous~~xD
Idk about this next episode, I think I'd kinda rather have a Rena Keiichi~:p But all in all it was cute; the first episode was the best though~c:

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 22, 2011

220 by Taubensperma »»
Feb 9, 1:38 AM

Poll: » Favourite episode of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira?

Shiro- - Dec 3, 2012

6 by DvCGaming »»
Jul 25, 2023 2:41 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

2thuriel - Dec 20, 2011

102 by DvCGaming »»
Jul 21, 2023 6:50 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

notnishiura - Nov 26, 2011

95 by DvCGaming »»
Jul 21, 2023 6:20 PM

» Watching Order

Klefki_of_Awsome - Sep 24, 2022

4 by Klefki_of_Awsome »»
Sep 25, 2022 5:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.