Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 22, 2011 11:08 AM

Sep 2007
scrotey said:
Oh my god that was depressing. I was totally expecting the older brother to be the one too die too. Ahhh my heart.

Next week should be hilarious, but this episode was so brilliant.

Going to get straight onto the manga now. Hhhhhng.

My thoughts exactly, I thought it would be the older brother that dies, I didn't expect him to turn out to be Switch. Even though his real name is the same :P but I was still expecting the younger brother to live on. This was probably the best episode of Sket Dance so far, I'm so glad we finally got some background on the most mysterious character in the trio.
A question to manga readers, if I wanted to read the manga from this point on what chapter should I start from? Also has the anime adapted the previous chapters properly or should I just read from the beginning?
Sep 22, 2011 12:04 PM
Jan 2011
Happy_Daisuke said:
dye said:
I thought the older brother died and that he used his software to imitate his voice and hairstyle out of guilt …

I thought the exact same thing since I haven't read to manga yet. I cried so much inside, it's episodes like these that make it all the more worth watching, character development, gotta love this shit.

And next week, HOLY CRAP, I'm gonna need paramedics ready for Monday and Thursday. I'm gonna pass out from hilarity from double whammy of Gintama x Sket Dance!

Sign!
Sep 22, 2011 12:05 PM

Sep 2011
julezia said:

My thoughts exactly, I thought it would be the older brother that dies, I didn't expect him to turn out to be Switch. Even though his real name is the same :P but I was still expecting the younger brother to live on. This was probably the best episode of Sket Dance so far, I'm so glad we finally got some background on the most mysterious character in the trio.
A question to manga readers, if I wanted to read the manga from this point on what chapter should I start from? Also has the anime adapted the previous chapters properly or should I just read from the beginning?

Well, if you wanted to read the manga from where the Switch Off ends you'd start at chapter 45 i guess since Switch Off ends at chapter 44. As far as "properly adapting" the anime has skipped a few chapters hear and there, but most comedy anime's skip around like this, since most of the chapters have no big significance to the story. Bottom line, yes the Anime has skipped some chapters, but sooner or later, they will go back and adapt the parts they didn't do since it's not something like Naruto where you HAVE to go in a certain order or it won't make sense. (Gintama's anime did the same thing, skipped alot of chapters but later down the line when they were running out of material went back and animated the one's they had forgot) So, you can read from the beggining or start where the Switch off ends, either way the Anime is really good and will no doubt get to those chapters eventually.
Des said:
That was quite the sad and great episode.
Was wondring why the big brother had the same voice as Switch, figured little Switch just hadn`t had a voice change yet.
Wish they would show us how big Switch met Bossun and Onihime.

Patience young one, the show will get to that later down the road =D

Also, who's the fucktard who gave this episode a 3 out of 5 aka It Was OK
YuyunarutoballzSep 22, 2011 12:12 PM
Sep 22, 2011 12:21 PM
Jan 2011
Kinda thought Usui would end up becoming Switch, but, still, that was some pretty poweful stuff.

Gonna have to read the manga now.
Sep 22, 2011 2:26 PM

Jan 2011
That was totally unexpected....

This show just leveled up significantly....

Still in shock but the tears have stopped....I haven't felt this way since Ano Hana ended. Needless to say, I just bumped up my rating for the show. And for those who give this episode less than a 5/5, what more can you want?

I am reminded again why I spend a substantial amount of my free time watching anime. I think I'm going to start reading the manga as well.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 22, 2011 2:39 PM

Aug 2008
Best episode by far. So sad and different from previous eps. Brought tears to my eyes.
If Switch weren't already my favorite character, he definitely would be now.
Sep 22, 2011 3:38 PM

Jun 2008
Wait.....WTF just happened?!?!?

I could've sworn that the younger kid was....but...WHAT?!?!

HOLY SHIT....what a story, and what a burden for the "Fake" switch, I guess this explains everything.
Sep 22, 2011 3:44 PM

May 2009
OMG...OMG...OMG..OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG! THAT WAS THE PINNACLE OF SADNESS! The older brother was...and the younger brother isnt...and Sawa is....OH MY GOODNESS!
Sep 22, 2011 4:04 PM

Nov 2010
Best 2 Eps of Sket Dance Ever... Hands Down.... But Kindof an Expected developpment, IMO, though i didnt expect THAT much, i though the girl like, slashed switch somewhere and it caused him to lose his voice... THis is a little to Much :. Best Ep of Sket Dance Ever...

These 2 eps just made switch go up into my fav male char list
Isaac0Sep 22, 2011 4:09 PM

Sep 22, 2011 4:45 PM

Apr 2008
Woah that was really really sad, i had no clue the younger brother was gonna die i thought he was the current Switch. Man, SKET Dance i'm definitely going to continue watching even with a heavy watchload for Fall. Uprating SKET Dance to an 8 for now.

So i guess the hand that was reaching out to the "fake" Switch before the credits was Bossun's. I bet he has an interesting back story too.

I'm not happy about the next episode, since i was bored to death with Gintama. Hopefully SKET Dance can overcome this.
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Sep 22, 2011 5:32 PM

Jan 2011
when i first read it i was way more depressed out about it even after i finished it and the music i had playing made it ten times worst but they did a good job with the choice of music near the end.

but i honestly can't wait till next week i'm holding off on watching gintama to watch them both the same day.
Sep 22, 2011 5:46 PM

May 2009
Oh! I loved it when Switch combined his voice with his younger brothers voice. Its like theyre 1 O_O
Sep 22, 2011 6:20 PM

Sep 2009
One thing that makes Gintama superior to Sket Dance in anime is the BGM. Gintama has a great selection, whereas Sket Dance doesn't. It's some crappy classical music that's being played. What Sket Dance needs is a unique BGM that will be played throughout the anime.

Other than that, I found the episode fine. The anime added some parts the manga didn't, and I thought the parts they added fitted very well. Especially the synchro with the two voices.

Credit to WingZero619 from Animesuki!!
Sep 22, 2011 6:21 PM

May 2009
Wasn't expecting anything like this! So sad and tragic. I hope he reconnects with Sawa at some point in the future. It can't end like that.
Sep 22, 2011 7:44 PM

Nov 2007
Wow oh wow. The episode went beyond anything I expected.

Like everyone else I though the obvious was going to happen. But that twist. My god.
Just terrific.

5/5 Most definitely.

Both Gintama and Sket Dance had really strong episodes this week. Perhaps each anime wanted to show what they can do before the crossover. Hahahaha.
Sep 22, 2011 8:48 PM
Sep 2011
That was crazy sad! D: Defintely not like the normal Sket Dance episodes, but this arc shows just what the writers and actors can do!

I think the saddest past as of yet is obviously "Switch's". I was gonna cry my heart out because I feel exactly how the new Switch felt with his younger brother always excelling more than himself.

Either way, the new Switch is torturing himself every day. Every time he passes by a mirror, he will see his younger brother. Every time someone calls him 'Switch', he'll remember his younger brother. I'm sure even pushing up those fake glasses reminds him of his younger brother. Bossun needs to save him from tormenting himself! He needs to be saved!! Even now!

Oh, did anyone else notice how in the flashback of Switch's past, how his stomach kept randomly hurting? I'm wondering if they're ever going to carry on with that!! I keep thinking, "Oh crap! Does he have some internal illness?! DONT DIE ON ME SWITCH!!!" At first, I thought that was the reason why he wouldn't talk, like he becomes inable to, but then when he kept telling himself that 'because he said a stupid thing...' that that was the reason why he would never talk again. Technically, he IS talking, but this way, he can think about what he wants to say before he types it in.

I <3 Switch-kun!
Sep 22, 2011 8:51 PM
Sep 2011
Isaac0 said:
Best 2 Eps of Sket Dance Ever... Hands Down.... But Kindof an Expected developpment, IMO, though i didnt expect THAT much, i though the girl like, slashed switch somewhere and it caused him to lose his voice... THis is a little to Much :. Best Ep of Sket Dance Ever...

These 2 eps just made switch go up into my fav male char list

YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!! Actually, the dude who voice acts as Switch is pretty much my fav anime voice actor. He plays Gintoki as well, who's my fav anime character of all time!
Sep 22, 2011 9:01 PM

Jun 2010
This episode was sad and shocking. Now we know who Switch was and is. After reading some of the above comments, I also can't wait for the crossover with Gintama and the other Sket members' past I wonder if it will as sad as this
Sep 22, 2011 9:10 PM

Aug 2011
........!!!!!!
WHAT A CRAZY PLOT TWIST!
Really got me there, like everyone else thinking younger Switch was the real one....
Very touching and tragic..... 15/5
Sep 22, 2011 9:27 PM

Jul 2011
I started SKET Dance, the anime before the manga. I started the manga because the anime was good. Let me tell you. The manga is 3x better. I love Switch. I love ALL their pasts. So tragic, so emotional. SKET Dance isn't just all comedy!

It turned out better than expected when animated. Love!! <3

Great ending too.
Sep 22, 2011 9:39 PM
Apr 2010
This episode hit me like a bag of nails. Damn..........
Sep 22, 2011 10:03 PM
Mar 2011
OMG, so sad. Cried a little (a lot) for switch.. I would probably react the same way if my younger bro died too. I feel for him. After seeing that episode I jsut cant get into the mindset where I see Switch kun as this funny, know-it-all, hacker, genius that has no problems in life in a fun carefree anime...I dont believe that he's gotten over the fact that the real switch passed away and I think hes been punishing himself since then. If you watch the last few seconds of the anime ep. you can see that he isnt really smiling when he looks back at his friends, or at least not like he does in the current anime opening on that hill. He'll need to finally let go for that to happen and im guessing Mr. Epic Goggles (Bossun) will be there for him at that time. So itll probably get really dramatic again at some point in this anime series. Not that I mind these episode. It nice for an anime to have variety in it, right?
Sep 22, 2011 10:04 PM

Jan 2009
Great ep!

Sep 22, 2011 10:15 PM

Jan 2010
i was already pretty much spoiled for this episode..but damn the delivery was awesome! great episode and good twist. :)
Sep 22, 2011 10:19 PM

May 2008
Wow......
>Looking forward to the Crossover on both series.
>I am also starting to read the Manga Now..
Sep 22, 2011 10:33 PM

Jun 2009
Blown! O_o. I knew Sawa's friend was psycho.
Crazy twist of the older brother becoming "switch" WOW
Excited about the crossover but I haven't even broken ep 50 of Gintama lol
Sep 23, 2011 1:04 AM
Feb 2011
truly amazing.
im gonna start reading the manga for this series now.
Sep 23, 2011 1:06 AM

Sep 2010
Damn, that was a good episode.

But I'm looking forward to that crossover.
Sep 23, 2011 1:45 AM
Jun 2009
This episode is one of the best they've done (and probably the best among them all). The story is told well and it was able to stir up emotions in me. (Yes, it was sad and depressing, up to the point when I wanted to cry).
:))
Sket Dance, I'm loving it more. <3
Sep 23, 2011 1:49 AM

Aug 2010
The stalker guy has the same name of the game designer, and creator of Resident Evil
Sep 23, 2011 2:01 AM

Oct 2009
my oh my for these past two episodes, I felt like I wasnt watching set dance at all! but good stuff nonetheless. also, I hope they dont troll us with this, but I feel that all 3 main characters have their own story to tell and that's what has made them the way they are now :)
Sep 23, 2011 2:30 AM

Jan 2008
shit was heavy. amazingly done though. wasn't expecting that at all. reminded me off lock on stratos from 00
Sep 23, 2011 3:40 AM

Dec 2008
T________________________________________________________T
Sep 23, 2011 4:31 AM
Nov 2009
Him confessing after realizing she was gone for good felt like a knife through the heart.
Sep 23, 2011 8:56 AM

Jan 2011
that was an amazing episode
Sep 23, 2011 12:36 PM

May 2010
Shocker. :O

loved it~ 5/5
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Sep 23, 2011 12:37 PM
Aug 2010
Good ep! (though a bit cliched at times)

I wouldn't expect that after all that has happened he would stop speaking by his own choice (I thought it would be a bit more psychological, i.e. him finding himself unable to speak because of the guilt he has to bear).
Sep 23, 2011 12:45 PM

Nov 2008
This episode was sad, but since last episode I was thinking something awful must of happened for Current Switch to look like his little brother, and I was sadly right : (

I never thought they'd kill of his little brother. It was a good episode though.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Sep 23, 2011 12:52 PM

Mar 2009
great episode two thumbs up!
Sep 23, 2011 2:58 PM

Jul 2010
This is like the second time that I cried of an anime that's from Shonen Jump. This episode is so sad! T-T
Sep 23, 2011 3:14 PM

Sep 2011
i knew someone was gonna die from episode 24 but i never saw it coming that in fact it would be switch himself! :O but i loved it soo much i mean these moments are sad but its things like this that make me love anime, the fact that they are not afraid to show life is a bitch sometimes and is not always happy endings
Sep 23, 2011 4:28 PM

Sep 2010
rlly sad past o_o

i wasn't expected, poor switch :(
Sep 23, 2011 7:48 PM

Jul 2009
Really? Was I the only who couldn't stop crying after this ep?!?! TT^TT OMG!!! The tears just wont stop!!!!!
Sep 23, 2011 9:43 PM

Nov 2010
Whoa, that must have been a terrible. Poor Switch, shows that even the most quiet characters always have some sad past but this was too much...
Sep 24, 2011 12:44 AM
Jun 2010
so when's this anime gonna end..
Sep 24, 2011 7:00 AM

Feb 2008
Pretty dramatic. I definitely didn't expect to see something like this, but the episode was indeed great.
Sep 24, 2011 7:40 AM

Aug 2010
omfreaking god that was an awesome plot twist
I guess Sket Dance really do have some serious arcs from time to time
I really teared up when Kazuyoshi cried on his bed omg T___T
I felt sorry for both Switch and Kazuyoshi (more towards Kazuyoshi because it the root of Switch's death is his jealousy)
Sep 24, 2011 9:10 AM

Oct 2009
hmm great stuff and character development ;D That's some heavy arc there~ I thought the little brother was Usui when he was young when I first saw him, but I was wrong. So that's what happened~

And the voice acting done by Tomokazu Sugita and Kakihara Tetsuya (the little brother) is very... how do I put it.. brotherly-like too :D It's like both of their voices are meant for brother characters xD Probably I'm playing too much BlazBlue but still :p
KaiPercivalSep 24, 2011 9:15 AM

Sep 24, 2011 9:17 AM

Jun 2011
The episode was really awesome, it was really sad and not in the SKET Dance style, but I really loved it <3 I was really surprised that someone like Switch had that kind of past, now I love him even more, he's definitely my favourite character in the anime (Soujirou and Date are next to him xD)...
And yeah, I even raised the score because of the last 2 episodes xD
Kyo-Sep 27, 2011 12:35 PM
Sep 24, 2011 9:24 AM

Apr 2011
awesome episode!!!!but it was too much for a dead .does bossum knows about it?

TrOjAnHoRsESep 24, 2011 9:35 AM
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » SKET Dance Episode 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mr_DaftPunk - Sep 27, 2012

133 by DarkBossun »»
Feb 19, 12:30 PM

» Really underated

Ilhan391 - Jul 5, 2022

11 by Ridzaxster »»
Feb 2, 6:20 AM

» SKET Dance Season 3?

DGFlow - Apr 22, 2013

25 by Current_Aqua »»
Dec 26, 2023 6:32 AM

» Help: SKET Dance filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Dec 25, 2023

1 by Zizike »»
Dec 25, 2023 9:52 PM

Poll: » SKET Dance Episode 41 Discussion

Andromeda - Jan 19, 2012

38 by Vindicater »»
Nov 18, 2023 5:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.