Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 10, 2008 12:43 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was slightly better than the first episode. I liked the funny scenes. The Strikers group seems like a bunch of interesting characters but I still find the outfits pretty weird.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 10, 2008 2:13 PM

Jan 2008
fine episode better than the first one which i was also pleased with, and i agree there seems quite interesting characters among the witches, we need a closer look and i guess they will carry the *part of entertainment* of the anime... Good pace, but there is a question poped up in my mind, is this bad video quality due to the peeps who served the raw version, or the show itself has bad graphs??
Jul 10, 2008 2:30 PM

Feb 2007
Surprisingly, as the others already said, it managed to get better in this episode. We'll see whether it can keep this up, though. Somehow it still feels like I'm once again a victim of the train wreck syndrome here. Oh, well, Gonzo can't possibly fail a second time as badly as with Black Cat, so I'll survive.

"GONZO - dreaming of a world where girls wear no skirts or pants"
Jul 10, 2008 3:47 PM

Feb 2007
luinthoron said:

lol Well, the two white-haired girls (not the one that acts high-class) seem to be fully clothed. The one with long hair seems to be wearing pants and the one with short hair (more silver than white) has a mini skirt. Gotta leave some things to the imagination :P
Jul 10, 2008 4:18 PM

Jan 2008
Asrialys said:
luinthoron said:

lol Well, the two white-haired girls (not the one that acts high-class) seem to be fully clothed. The one with long hair seems to be wearing pants and the one with short hair (more silver than white) has a mini skirt. Gotta leave some things to the imagination :P

yeah...
seems to be so. The 2 silver ones..

A much more better episode than the first one!
Less panties makes it better this time. :D
Jul 10, 2008 4:30 PM

Feb 2008
well i can see why they need to wear those, since those machines they use are like their pants....but still....

i was relly disapointed with this episode. it just felt korny and cliche. i certanly hope the rest of the series isnt like that.
Jul 10, 2008 5:16 PM

Apr 2008
Seems better than 1st episode, like the fighting as usual. Destroying the core always makes it feel like Eva or something.. ahaha
Jul 10, 2008 6:22 PM

Nov 2007
Episode 2 summary:

-All of the girls are probably gay for each other
-They still have no pants on
-Heartmann hasn't said a word and she's still my favorite character
-Perrine is an ojou-sama and deserves respect
-Francesca is a loli, lolis deserve striped panties
-The voice cast is still amazing
-There's probably a plot at some point

This is the show that will save Gonzo.
Jul 10, 2008 6:26 PM
Oct 2007
if i find out this is more than 13 episodes im giving up.
Jul 10, 2008 7:20 PM

Apr 2007
I guess as far as "totally inexperienced pilot miraculously succeeds on first try" episodes go, it was okay. Art remains pretty nice.

It amuses me to no end how Gonzo tries to tie all of this back into "real" history. Making so many references in your magical-loli-kemonomimi-mecha-fighting girl show is just so absurd it borders on genius:

I wonder what Chuck Yaeger would say if he knew his legacy inspired a flying loli bunny girl.
Jul 10, 2008 8:32 PM

May 2007
Say what you want about fanservice, but Strike Witches turns out to be pretty damn cool show for me at least. :<

Iri said:
It amuses me to no end how Gonzo tries to tie all of this back into "real" history. Making so many references in your magical-loli-kemonomimi-mecha-fighting girl show is just so absurd it borders on genius:

Oh damn, that's really interesting.
Jul 10, 2008 11:07 PM

May 2008
Definitely better than the first one but I think I'm gonna drop this series. Still wasn't tha good but I might try again later.
Jul 11, 2008 2:33 AM

Feb 2007
Iri said:
I guess as far as "totally inexperienced pilot miraculously succeeds on first try" episodes go, it was okay. Art remains pretty nice.

I wonder what Chuck Yaeger would say if he knew his legacy inspired a flying loli bunny girl.

Haha! I like how "Pantsu" is supposed to be "Bodysuit."
Jul 11, 2008 5:29 AM
Jul 11, 2008 9:07 AM

Jan 2008
I think the episode was not better.Still the same .Only not so much panty shots ,but I liked them xD
Jul 11, 2008 12:48 PM

Dec 2007
Iri said:

I hope the American girl has an awesome accent like Kate in Sketchbook.

Strike Witches is like...every otakus fetish into one anime. Now all it needs is giant mechs and maybe tentacles.

Really though, the shows okay.
Jul 11, 2008 6:54 PM

Apr 2008
Geass your enemies into thinking you and your comrades are all wearing pants.

Jul 11, 2008 9:29 PM

Feb 2008
Yuri~?
Jul 11, 2008 11:05 PM

Apr 2008
Hope so, but can’t put too high expectation the shoujo ai fan service will lead anywhere. Perhaps just effect of Mnemosyne post-traumatic experience.

If they want to give much to all characters, seems like 13 is not enough for the number of characters.
Looks interesting so far, but probably would only watch it until about 80%, where afterward, most anime think that they build enough emotional attachment and starts losing the fun to throw in serious or tragic stuffs in.
Iri said:

Hope they don't tie it to history too much. I'd hate to see Wilcke-chan got shot down and gone killed in action.
nseikaJul 12, 2008 3:48 AM
Jul 12, 2008 10:48 AM

Sep 2007
Well this was better than the first episode but only by a little. The funny scenes were ok but they could be better. The Strikers group seems like a interesting variety of characters but whats with their outfits? Aren't they supposed to be in the same unit... and they arn't exactly very ummm useful... whats next military thongs?
Jul 12, 2008 12:43 PM

Jul 2008
It's corny and a little weird, but I find myself enjoying the show. From the list Asrialys posted, it seems that the Axis outnumbers us Allies. lol

Getting past the pantless wonders, the show isn't all too bad really.

kotone said:
Yuri~?

When you think it does and the possibility is there, they will always crush it. iDOLM@STER Xenoglossia and Venus Versus Virus for example. Just when you think it's there, it's snatched away by a giant horny robot or some weird guy in a park sitting inside a children's playing facility.
Jul 12, 2008 10:22 PM

Jun 2007
Aww, sucks theres no striker model after the Me 262, it would be awesome to see some Jet pants! Part of me likes the tie in to history and seeing stuff modeled some of my favorites and the other part of me hates this show so much for the abomination Gonzo has done. I'm going to continue watching only because I'm curious as how they're going to stereotype other countries as well as watch Nazi Super Aces Gerhard Barkhorn, Erich Hartmann and and Chuck Yeager work together to fight CG Sci-fi planes.

Jul 13, 2008 3:18 AM

Feb 2008
I liked it. I don't even notice lack of pants anymore, or it just doesn't bother me as much as it bothered me in first episode, so everything's great.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 2008 8:41 AM

Feb 2007
sakuko said:
It's corny and a little weird, but I find myself enjoying the show. From the list Asrialys posted, it seems that the Axis outnumbers us Allies. lol

Oh, FYI, that was Iri, not me.
Jul 13, 2008 8:48 AM

Mar 2007
This was a good episode as well, I liked the action in it and I'm still very fond of the animation. Looking forward to see more Sanya in action.
Jul 13, 2008 9:29 AM

Sep 2007
sanjica said:
I don't even notice lack of pants anymore, or it just doesn't bother me as much as it bothered me in first episode

I think the lack of skirts actually makes panties less exciting and more mundane. How odd.
Jul 15, 2008 6:34 AM

May 2008
I kinda like where this anime is going... o_o
Livestream: twitch.tv/imoogle
Jul 17, 2008 12:28 AM

Jun 2007
Iri said:

rofl thats great! this episode was a little better then the first.
Jul 17, 2008 6:00 AM
Jun 2008
For me i really like those anime whereby the main character is not godlike offensives powerful like naruto or bleach...strike witches remind me of the anime gakuen alice ^^ i really looking forward for this special anime ..
Jul 18, 2008 2:12 AM

May 2008
There's several anime staples here, but they're ones which I like.

For instance, the main character sort of self-discovery and realization, and then popping up to save the day, just when you kept wondering when the main character is finally going to take on the role you know she is.

And then boom. Epic grand entrance.
It's so common, yet so great.

It's also combined with another anime element I like.
The main character is always a main character for the reason of some unusual or outstanding quality.

In this, we have a special lineage and special magical gifts with that.
I look forward to seeing how her magical skills improve in the future.

Great way to start off a show, I'm loving it.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Jul 18, 2008 9:21 AM

Feb 2008
This episode wasn't bad.
But I really want some good fansubs. >_>
Oh and give them at least skirts!
Jul 19, 2008 12:10 PM

Feb 2007
De-JaY said:
This episode wasn't bad.
But I really want some good fansubs. >_>
Oh and give them at least skirts!

What? How are the official subs bad?
Aug 7, 2008 7:24 AM

Jan 2008
Episode was ok.
Dec 6, 2008 12:00 AM

Nov 2008
Beautiful animation! I don't mind any fanservice, this series has a great appeal.
Aug 30, 2009 12:28 AM

Sep 2008
gc said:
Iri said:

I hope the American girl has an awesome accent like Kate in Sketchbook.

Strike Witches is like...every otakus fetish into one anime. Now all it needs is giant mechs and maybe tentacles.

Really though, the shows okay.
So far at least; not too bad.

According to the chart, the only girl that has chest bigger than a B is from America (Maybe the german one as well)? So stereotypical~

I'm enjoying the animation still; it doesn't seem to degrade with fight scenes at least.

Still why no pants? :x
Jul 1, 2010 4:33 AM

Aug 2008
All I got from this episode is that I want to fly with and get held by Sakamoto ^~^.
Jul 22, 2010 12:31 AM

Oct 2009
Still don't know what I'm watching.

Sent with Mal Updater
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2010 3:24 PM

Feb 2010
I wonder what happened to the rest of the World War. (At the chart a few post upside I see Germans (with a Hakenkreuz-Flag o_O) and Americans fighting on one side, so it maybe didn't even happen?)
Oct 10, 2010 12:05 PM
Jul 2018
Haha! This show's my cup of tea. Lets hope this show just keeps growing! :)
May 9, 2011 3:23 PM

Mar 2011
Okay, a little cliche in that she just puts the strike units on and can use them amazingly straight away, but, loads of anime have used the 'Genetic memory is fact' line to good effect (hell, and Dune too) so I dont mind as it moves things along nicely!

Would like to see more of the supporting characters!
Sep 8, 2011 3:33 PM

Jun 2009
It's okay, a little bit better. But, not all that great so far.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 3, 2012 10:45 PM

Feb 2011
Love how she was able to fly with that thing on, without prior training. Also a world where women wear no pants and only bloomers, rape rates would go down like hell, am I right, anyone?
Mar 1, 2012 1:06 AM

Jun 2011
I have a feeling I'm going to HATE Perrine-H. Clostermann.
Mar 20, 2012 9:24 PM
Nov 2011
Well i see the comparisons to Sky Girls, but at least she might come to terms with having to fight a war a lot sooner than a couple of the girls in Sky Girls. Could mean more action long term ;)
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Feb 7, 2013 2:49 PM

May 2012
Story wise this was quite a nice development the pace of the episode was also quite decent, and to see she directly could do that for her first time means she'll have much potential in the future of the story, lets see what's next now she joined Strike Witches!
Mar 27, 2013 12:37 AM

Dec 2007
It was okay. This is really just a setup for the whole series with the fight and her joining the team. It seemed like more of a first episode due to that. The action was okay, but there could've been more.
Jun 29, 2013 10:37 PM

Feb 2013
Eh I don't really like it so far. Still gonna watch it though lol.
Oct 20, 2013 3:31 AM
Aug 2013
This episode was better than first episode. I don't like this anime's idea. There are better magical girl anime to watch. And Strikers are weird things to fly :/
-Let the fire of our hearts rage through the heavens
Nov 10, 2013 12:44 PM

Feb 2012
I've been impressed by the anime so far. Once you accept the fact that the characters are walking fan service, you can see that there is actually some good characters in there.

Yashika's decision to fight felt like a natural decision to make considering the situation she found herself in, and I loved that the anime decided to show us why she chose to fight instead of having her provide unnecessary lip services.

Mio is one of the most impressive mentors I've seen in an anime. She has somehow able to strike a balance between being a mentor and a friend. She always seems to say the best possible thing at the right moment.
Dec 27, 2013 4:11 PM

Jul 2013
This is a good episode, slightly better then the first, but still the outfits, as well as their revealing parts just got me a bit distracted.

At least Yoshika knows how to fly one, but still needs a bit training. One Neuroi down a bunch more to go. Welcome to Strike Witches Yoshika, here is your crew :D.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Strike Witches Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sobzob - Sep 18, 2008

103 by Kjngo »»
Oct 27, 2023 11:43 PM

» Will the humanoid neuroi appear again in the future season

RitsuKunNew - Sep 15, 2023

8 by Fail_Man_X »»
Sep 22, 2023 11:50 PM

Poll: » Strike Witches Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Aug 14, 2008

78 by KayMigiwa »»
Jan 15, 2023 1:13 PM

Poll: » Strike Witches Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

gioss - Jul 3, 2008

120 by Wiziliz »»
Sep 16, 2022 3:12 AM

Poll: » Strike Witches Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sobzob - Sep 4, 2008

54 by ColdBisquiT »»
Aug 9, 2022 8:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.