MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Itazura na Kiss Episode 14 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Itazura na Kiss »» Itazura na Kiss Episode 14 Discussion

Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Itazura na Kiss Episode 14 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

178 82.41%
4 out of 5: Liked it

27 12.50%
3 out of 5: It was OK

4 1.85%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

5 2.31%
1 out of 5: Hated it

2 0.93%
Voters: 216

07-10-08, 7:28 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
UWAAAAAAH OMGWTF?!
mann from the very beginning (absence of OP song) I was like "WTF? wasn't this planned for 2 cours?"...

I can't believe Naoki can suddenly change like that... (even though he had Kotoko in mind since a long time...)
and wow the story progression was kinda fast... wonder how it's gonna continue now that they're married... in the 'B part' :P

Kin-chan was totally awesome how he responded to all this...
and of course, a big WTF at Christine's taste. XDD

kimatg on | blog | pixiv | deviantART

07-10-08, 7:47 AM

Yay, we have hit vol 10 of the manga, 13 more volumes to go... lol :)
Good episode! Poor Kin-chan ;_; But as we can see, he will be okay...

The English and accented Japanese is hilarious. :) "I choose my partner by myself dad, it's not your business!" Chris's Japanese is so painful ^_^

They are doing a reasonable job at compacting the manga, but I still miss Kotorin ^__^ Irie's mom is still awesome ^_^ She knows how to move things forward!

But I am curious to see how they end the series, what Tada-sensei's plan that she told her husband about before she died. One of the things I really like about this series is how it continues past the point where the main couple "get together" instead of just doing the "riding off into the sunset" sort of ending after they declare they like each other. Now it's time for the honeymoon~

I assume we'll get a new OP song next week ^_^

Between watching this and "Aishite Night" another anime based on a manga by Tada Kaoru, I am in happy shoujo land, lol
Modified by MagicalEmi, 07-10-08, 7:51 AM

07-10-08, 9:10 AM

God , I was so surprised to see Naoki make a turn of 180 degrees xD He was always so negative that seeing him say "I love you" so easily and "I want to marry her" made me speechless ~

Especially in the end I thought the whole wedding thingy was her imagination for a bit xD Couldn't believe that they got together so fast . Such a fast episode ~

And for the first time I felt sad for Kin-chan and respect and that he was cool xD Though I seeing Chris falling for him was so unexpected though when she said she had someone I guessed it would be him xD That's how stories always go xD

And yeah those english/japanese always make me smile xD

And wow , now they are married . I thought the whole series would be for them to get together ~ Adn now I realise I'll watch their married life together xD Still unbelievable ~ I missed a regular shoujo so much =]

07-10-08, 1:50 PM

Welp, I kinda knew Chis had a thing for Kin-chan when she used his given name during the last episode (and I thought the mushmouthed Kansai-ben would be too big of a barrier, especially for a gaijin that still uses "death" as a copula).

Still, towards the end, I was waiting for Kotoko to screw up the wedding in some way, like she did her graduation, especially since the marriage was so rushed even by Japanesian standards.

07-10-08, 1:55 PM

MagicalEmi said:
One of the things I really like about this series is how it continues past the point where the main couple "get together" instead of just doing the "riding off into the sunset" sort of ending after they declare they like each other. Now it's time for the honeymoon~

Looks like we'll have trouble in paradise, especially after Naoki tells Kotoko in the previews that her usual maunderings have "ruined the mood. "

07-10-08, 3:00 PM

.... WTF?!
I really enjoyed the episode but soon after I finished it I thought... WTF?! It was so fast! They didn't even start to go out with each other. o.o
... I think I love Naoki now. XD

07-10-08, 4:10 PM

Yay! Loved thi ep! It was awful fast though... but so cute!
Tis my 2nd time watching a raw episode.. but it was surprisingly easy to understand XD
I love how Chris told Kin-chan she wanted to marry him XD Sooo funny XD So Kin-chan is "sekushii" lol.
It did seem like Irie's feelings completely changed but I guess he felt he had to show his feelings at last since he risked losing Kotoko. Twas rushed... but so damn cute!
I am really positive about the next episode "I am Kotoko Irie" XD Sounds promising :P

Check out SunnyCon! The North-East of England's newest and biggest convention of anime, manga and Japanese culture!
Now a club on MAL too!

07-10-08, 6:55 PM

I started watching this anime raw even if i don't understand anything just a bit XD
It's really a great anime , and it worth watching it raw ^^"
, but i knew what they're talking about cus i'v watched the Tawanes Drama before ..
it was a fast episode , cute too , a lot of things in the manga before their marriage didn't happen in the anime ..
Naoki has changed 180 degrees .. he's rally great XD ..
can't wait for the next episode ..

07-12-08, 12:43 PM

This episode was a breakthrough for Irie-kun for he was able to be honest (finally) with Kotoko and everyone else about his love for Kotoko. It was just like the second to last episode of 'It started with a kiss' the Taiwanese version of Itazura Na Kiss which are both based on the manga by Kaoru Tada. It just shows that it pays to be persistent...

07-12-08, 4:46 PM

Aniangel said:
It just shows that it pays to be persistent...

Unless you are Kin-chan lol XD

Check out SunnyCon! The North-East of England's newest and biggest convention of anime, manga and Japanese culture!
Now a club on MAL too!

07-12-08, 8:26 PM

Ahahahahhahaha, soooooo true! XO Poor Kin-chan, he's the exception to the rule...

07-13-08, 3:03 AM

I believe after this episode, everybody is happy that "at last Naoki shows his honesty of true love to Kotoko" and "Kotoko received true love from Naoki"....... Oh.. & wow.... it so dramtically and it happened sooo fast.......

Well, after their marriage, I'm sure your able to guess what will be going on? ... I foresee it will not be as interesting as "pre-marriage" story.

Yeah, this anime is combine part 1 & 2 ... I have feeling that I'm start lossing interest on coming episodes..

07-13-08, 11:39 AM

The only thing is that since this episode seemed so rushed does that mean that the series was canceled? I did not watch after the credits to see the preview for the next episode but at times when the storyline makes such an abrupt sort of "be all end all" episode that is because they've been canceled and are trying to give the viewers closure. I don't know I guess I will look for a preview but I don't know how they could make it as interesting as it has been.

07-14-08, 2:02 AM

Well, that episode made me extremely happy. I'm amazed they moved it that quickly and still made it seem fine. Can't wait for when they finally graduate and the hospital episodes begin.

07-14-08, 4:46 PM

It was a satisfying episode, but man did it move too fast almost. We went from him admitting he loved her to a marriage in no time. I thought we were gonna lag about a few episodes at least of people trying to break up their engagement first. Ah well, on to the next arc!

07-14-08, 5:03 PM

Wow it moved SO fast. In the same episode he proposed AND they got married. I'm curious to see how the show progresses but this really was one of the cutest episodes i've ever seen...... ever. Defenitely the best marriage sequence ever.

07-14-08, 6:04 PM

that was lightning speed fast. wow. i fear for their future. that chick falling for kin-chan or whatever his name is was rather obvious...but not expected.

this first half was rather fun and exciting i hope the second half is just as exciting. i suppose irie didnt just "settle" for her since he can get any chick he wants, but i think there are gonna be lots and lots of wemen troubles. jeleausy is a beautiful thing after all hehe

07-14-08, 6:12 PM
Anime Moderator
Jackpot, Kotoko!

!Moderators needed! Database Guidelines Report Abuse Master of war with plasma swords.

07-14-08, 6:25 PM

Wow, that was a big twist, and i was laughing my ass off most of the time lol

07-14-08, 6:41 PM

As I have mentioned before, this series plays on time so incredibly much. These 14 episodes cover a span of 3 1/2 years at least. So while it seems "soon" to us, it has really been a while.

Basically, from a more manga depth perspective, it wasn't until Naoki heard that she was going to marry another that he realized he loved her. It doesn't mean he hasn't all along ;)

And was is jut me, or was the first kiss very very awkward?! they can draw kissing scenes WAAYYY better than that.

*cough*

Anyway, I have to say the between the pre-marriage and post marriage parts, I enjoy the post marriage storylines. A story doesn't have to get boring just because the guy gets the girl. All worries and concerns are addressed in post marriage life (like not having time to date etc).

Usually everyone is begging for more ;)

Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices