Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 18, 2011 11:54 AM
Dec 2007
Enishi = useless wimp
Minchi = aggressive brat
Tooru, Tomoe, Ren = actually believe Enishi, fail to realize that it's not Ohana who's changed, but Kissuiso
Takako = she slapped Enishi, so she gets plus points
Nako = BEST CHARACTER
Ohana = great behaviour in this episode, I like her thoughtful side more than her usual impulsiveness
Satsuki = COOLEST CHARACTER
SUI = AWESOME CHARACTER
Sep 18, 2011 12:02 PM

Jul 2009
Throwing some uncalled for angst near the end... Japanese style indeed...

Sometimes the angst is good and justified. Not the case of this show apparently. You'd think Obama was depressed by the current economy or wotever herp derp (but valid) other reason, but turned out she was depressed cuz she can't show her male whore Kou-chwan the usual Kissuisou that fails to adapt to modern times and on the verge of shutting down. Instead of focusing on efficiency and satsifaction for the majority, they take their sweet ass times to please the minority, i.e regular customers. No wonder it's gonna shut down... But it doesn't matter rite? Even if some of them will find no job, they'd be happy sleeping like a stray dog in a cardboard as long as their customers are happy that Kissuisou kisses their ass... Oh wai-... Most of the cast doesn't feel that way, only Obama does cuz girl has her momma to run back to after playing the spoiled little brat who enjoys sticking her nose into others bznz. Such luxury!

But don't worry, somehow, in the end everything will turn out fine. Animu shows like this promote those stupid ideologies after all so a happy ending will certainly be warrated as to encourage teh gullible otaku population that being a dumbass will make you succeed in life or sm'thing...

Wotever, when the bi0tch got ignored by the whole cast, I LOL'd my @$$ off. Talk about failure to read the damn mood... Well, she's retarded so it couldn't be halp... Then Minko made it even better by giving spoiled bi0tch another golden cold shoulder. Go girl!!! ヽ( ゚ヮ゚)ノ

5/5 for Golden Minko

PS: I r disappointed in you Mr. Bean... You're supposed to aim for Nikotin's rear, not this boring brat...

HawthorneKitty said:
God I hate everyone in Kissuisou, giving Mamiko Noto her sprained ankle.
If they can't guarantee her safety, they should be shut down.

God I'm starting to hate Mamiko Noto.

If she can't stop her maniacal fanboy from whining "Mamiko Noto" this "Mamiko Noto" that in every single threads, she should be fired.

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Sep 18, 2011 12:51 PM

May 2008
One more episode to go but still I almost teared up at the end, it was so pretty ^__^
I'm with the Tomoe x Gen-san pairing too :D
Sep 18, 2011 1:21 PM

May 2011
yay!

hope the ending lets me keep this at a 10
Sep 18, 2011 1:31 PM

Jun 2011
Lulexiaa said:

Am I the only one thats hopping for a bitter sweet ending where Kissisou remains open, but Ohana goes back to Tokyo?? XDD

Damn, I'd actually love it to end that way.

This show just getting more and more dramatic. I wonder how it'll end, hopefully on a good note.
Sep 18, 2011 2:07 PM

Jan 2011
Sui and Satsuki are doing their best to get Enishi to take the roll of Young Manager. Even if he isn't the best for the job, his wife certainly has steel in her spine (and a wallop in her slap). I wonder if that was like the relationship between Sui and her husband?

I once had a job where I was required to be on the road in another city for about 75 days a year. Regardless of where the meetings were, I stayed at one hotel just about every time I went. It wasn't that different from other high-end hotels, but the staff knew my name, greeted me when I came back, and generally made me feel at home (my favourite was the Valet who brought my car around from parking for my usual departure time without needing to be called). Efficiency is all well and good, but comfort, friendliness, and a homey feeling are what bring you back to a hotel or an inn. Kissisou's competitive advantage is that old fashioned service and Ohana and Sui have to figure out how to get everyone else to realize that.

What a way to end the episode--the chorus and Bonbori lights were beautiful.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 18, 2011 2:12 PM

Aug 2009
-People may bash Enishi as being useless, but I kinda sympathize with him as he was in the shadow of his mother and sister for pretty much all his life and the second time he tries to do things his own way it screws up. If anyone's angst is justified, it's his.
-Minko is Minko. I don't have the out and out disdain it seems some people here have for her, but her general lack of characterization/development really does just leave as kinda abrasive.
-So Ren x Tomoe actually is a thing now? I guess?
-Totally called Jiromarou actually narrating his thoughts. That guy's hopeless.
-I thought it was really cool seeing the Shijima/Matsumae women all working together.

As for next week though? Unless PA Works is throwing one hell of red herring we FINALLY get Ohana confessing to Ko, and it sounds like Sui is dying? I guess that only leaves what Ohana is going to do, which if you think about it is probably going to be the focal point of the episode.
Ha-cha!
Sep 18, 2011 2:12 PM

Apr 2011
I can say one thing for sure, Ohana ain't inheriting the Inn, she lacks experiences in management and the only way she can inherit the Inn is, if Enishi is shooting blanks inside of Takako.

From the 1st introduction of Enishi character to now, its a fact, that he's a failure, who only talks big.
I'm sure many others have pointed this out already. Minko is irritating with the same boring attitude, she like the highest tier of tsundere spectrum!

It felt like a trope, when the employees gang up on Ohana, for siding with her grandmother, but she wasn't, she didn't even know what has transpired...

Satsuki/Ohana/Sui = very cute moment, ironically KO has to die young, when he gets with Ohana.

Near the end, when Sui was kneeing down for a moment, it signals the flag, that she might die or fallen ill next episode...

There no KO anywhere in this episode, I guess they're saving best moments for last? The preview for #26 seem confusing, I will be disappointed, if she stated her love for the Inn (unlikely). I would enjoy a anti-climax confession and a kiss to end this series.
Sep 18, 2011 2:17 PM
Apr 2008
Bean-man aka Bro-man being the best character in the series as allways in this episode.
Sep 18, 2011 3:16 PM

Jul 2010
I really didn't like how everyone was being so tense throughout this episode. Everyone thought of Ohana siding with the landlady, even though she really didn't. Meanwhile Enishi is being blinded by his wish to prove himself and get through it without accepting any help. No wonder he got a mental breakdown in the end.

Seeing Ohana's mother and grandmother help as waitresses was pretty refreshing to see. I'm glad it all worked out in the end. Everyone working together and managing somehow, made the whole tense feeling from the beginning disappear like snow in the sun. I really loved this shot. Three generations of Matsumae walking beside each other:

The last shot was also really beautiful. The last episode will be all about the festival and most notably; confession time for Kouichi and Ohana of course. I don't want it to end yet though, dammit! ;_;

Sep 18, 2011 3:35 PM

Feb 2010
I loved Tohru's and Ohana's 'arguing'... best scenes this episode.

Ohana's mom as a waitress = WIN! <33

This was honestly, the best episode in the while! This show went downhill for an amount of time, but this was definitely a step up.

Looking forward to the finale.

Ps. Minchi was annoying as hell.
Sep 18, 2011 3:39 PM

Sep 2008
So can they make Minko into anymore of a raging thunder cunt? If they try to redeem this dumb bitch in the next episode, I'm dropping the score a point just for that bullshit.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Sep 18, 2011 4:10 PM

Apr 2011
This give me an idea. Instead of saving the last episode for Ko X Ohana moment, its gonna be Minko apologizing and confessing to Ohana, that she is her best friend. O_O_OO
Sep 18, 2011 4:14 PM
Dec 2007
Best episode of the series in terms of development and direction. It was just fantastic.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 18, 2011 4:38 PM
Aug 2010
Wasn't as enjoyable as most episodes with the inn not working how it should, but, oh my, all three generation of Shijima women working side by side was so much win.
Sep 18, 2011 5:08 PM

Sep 2010
SHIT IS SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.
Sep 18, 2011 5:21 PM

Jan 2011
have a strong feeling madam manger might pass away ,so sad the ending is just around the corner :(.
FINISH STRONG!
Sep 18, 2011 6:33 PM

Jun 2009
Where da hell is kochan?
Sep 18, 2011 7:38 PM

Apr 2010
They are going for a KoXOhana ending. AND THEY ARE GOING TO END THIS WITH A BANG. This episode alone was amazing and I loved it. I am hoping for a breath taking last episode to finish of this amazing series. I am going to miss this anime so much when it is over. 5/5 And I am already giving this series 10/10.
Sep 18, 2011 7:55 PM

May 2011
So next week he comes. Does Ohana Stay and save Kissiuso or does she go towards Ko-chan.

next week is going to be epic ending.
Sep 18, 2011 9:10 PM

Jun 2011
I'm glad they kinda brought the cast together for a final bow, but still feel like they're overexaggerating the emotions involved here. It seems to me like only Ohana and Sui actually kept their heads throughout the whole crisis, and that kinda bothered me, especially since Minchi started yelling at Ohana again. Bit too angsty for me.

But here's hoping for a good ending to the series! Although it's kinda dropped from my initial expectations, they've set up the final episode nicely and I'm hoping they can pull it off. Lots of potential right there.
'I met many people. We were separated. And then reunited. This tune contains all those feelings.'
- Nanaka Yatsushiro, Myself;Yourself, Episode 13
Sep 18, 2011 9:27 PM

Nov 2007
seriously there is no way she could leave the Kissuiso to Enishi. the guy is an emberassment, nothing but a whiny loser. how could Takako even marry this clown? crying and whining, and he's totally whipped in his marriage.

they were harsh to Ohana in the beginning for no reason.

seriously she'd be better off leaving the place to Ohana than Enishi. the guy is just plain a LOSER.
Sep 18, 2011 9:44 PM

May 2010
Give it one year and Enishi will make the hotel go bankrupt lol
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Sep 18, 2011 10:34 PM

Jul 2009
2ch never ceases to amaze me.

On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Sep 18, 2011 10:56 PM

Apr 2011
arsonal said:

Was the last spoiler panel photo shopped?
Cirris said:
So next week he comes. Does Ohana Stay and save Kissiuso or does she go towards Ko-chan.

next week is going to be epic ending.
Well, Ko and Ohana can always have a long distance relationship or Ko will throw away everything in Tokyo to be with Ohana, if he really loves her.
Sep 18, 2011 11:06 PM

Jul 2010
I wonder how the final episode will end...
Sep 18, 2011 11:33 PM
Jun 2011
Awesome episode! Loved the three generations of Ohana's family working together.....I think the inn will survive and her family will continue to care for it. I hope nothing happens to Granny.

Ko will join Ohana in the end.........looking foward to the next ep, but will be sad when its done........
Sep 19, 2011 12:09 AM

Feb 2011
I really want to see Minko open up her feelings to Ohana, can't they just get along once :/

9/10
Sep 19, 2011 12:12 AM

Jan 2010
Wonder if Grandma is going to die T_T. And I have to say that although the characters' personalities have been fleshed out over 24 episodes, everyone pretty much stayed static... Great anime nonetheless. Cannot wait for next episode. Waiting on Ohana's confession XD
Sep 19, 2011 2:17 AM

Jul 2009
vansonbee said:
arsonal said:

Was the last spoiler panel photo shopped?

Yes. Some people are speculating that event for the final episode judging from the preview.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Sep 19, 2011 2:33 AM

Apr 2011
XxshizxX said:
I really want to see Minko open up her feelings to Ohana, can't they just get along once :/

9/10
Naw, its too late, only one episode left:(

unless excessive OVA? XD
Sep 19, 2011 8:48 AM

Mar 2011
That was a nice episode. Loved it when everyone started to work together.

Looking forward to the finale.
Sep 19, 2011 6:30 PM
Apr 2010
That was a very nice episode; very dramatic with lots and lots of determination; Help from Okami-san and Hana's mom, and a very great ending and resolution. Though it kinda felt squished; that little confrontation in the the office where lots of the major players put out their emotion seemed so... underdeveloped; not to mention they seem to just pile in their input at the most random parts.... Idk, it just felt like they just slapped on everyone's emotion and resolution into that and bam, 1 episode.

3.5/5 cause of that, but looking forward to the last episode.

OH KO-CHAN!!!!
Sep 19, 2011 7:59 PM

Nov 2009
so. i still hate minko.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2011 8:58 PM
Apr 2009
I was honestly expecting Okami-san to croak..

Random bits of annoying things/people but I loved how they made things work :)
Sep 20, 2011 5:16 AM

May 2010
GREAT EPISODE!!!only one episode left......i am going to miss it!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 20, 2011 2:37 PM

Sep 2008
It felt like a school culture festival episode, except it's the whole town!
Sep 20, 2011 6:42 PM

Oct 2009
If they only left Kou-chan in like the Toky oarc in the first half of the series and left him, the series could have ended this episode.

Fantastic Episode, I'ma be really depressed when Iroha Ends

Seriously, Screw Kou-chan
Sep 20, 2011 7:20 PM

Apr 2011
Scul said:
If they only left Kou-chan in like the Toky oarc in the first half of the series and left him, the series could have ended this episode.

Fantastic Episode, I'ma be really depressed when Iroha Ends

Seriously, Screw Kou-chan
Oh please, we wouldn't have a extra episode now, do we?
Sep 20, 2011 8:34 PM

Nov 2007
aelove said:
so. i still hate minko.

pretty much this. she's not gonna change right up til the end, it seems.
Sep 21, 2011 5:05 AM

Aug 2008
Tohru looks pretty cool with his bike. and aww everyone's being mean to Ohana except Nako. My favorite scene was when Madam Manager, Ohana and her mum were working together. Talk about three different generations of waitresses.
Sep 21, 2011 6:40 AM

Sep 2010
Even though I love this show lots and it's one of the best of this and last season, I regularly find some characters annoying. Especially Minko of course, but sometimes I can't stand Tohru too, and think on occasion less of Ohana too. Most other characters have (almost) none negative aspects.
I can't wait for next week, but I don't want it do end either. Please, oh please make an OVA for this show, P.A. Works.

I just noticed, but J.C. Staff and AIC are in the credits of the ending of this show. I don't quite understand why they would be.
ObinderuSep 21, 2011 7:00 AM
Sep 21, 2011 1:53 PM
May 2009
Can't wait for the ending
Sep 21, 2011 2:33 PM

Aug 2011
I found it quite stupid that everyone suddenly turned on Ohana, because she ''chose the manager's side''. All she did was help out. There was no need for everyone to bitch to her ><.

Damn Ohana's mom is so hawt hawt hawt xD.

I'm glad that Enishi finally got some responsibility and seemed to handle things ok.

The next week-clip showed Ohana's love declaration :3, I wonder how that will turn out.
Sep 21, 2011 3:18 PM

Jul 2009
Wow, good episode. Nice that Okami and Satsuki all came and helped out :D Finally they got that they were changing in a bad way ... lovely how they all worked it out and the ending was so nice :D
Next episode is the last ... finally, confession time?!
Sep 22, 2011 4:38 AM

Aug 2010
Not bad, but I think the choir was too much, the scene didn't deserve such an impact. I'm glad we are nearing the end, it was an entertaining SoL but it feels that it has been drawn out a bit too much. The scene with the landlady, Ohana and her mother as maids was great though. 4/5.
Sep 23, 2011 10:20 AM

Jul 2010
Choir at the end was soooo unfitting, but this was a really great episode.
Sep 23, 2011 12:57 PM

Jun 2009
The whole drama was so stupid. What did Ohana do so wrong? She offered herself to help with Bonbori preparionts but isn't that a good thing since one person had to go anyway? Or was it because Ohana visited her grandfather's grave? But he's her grandfather and someone had to go with Okami. I liked that part with all three Shijima women working together. :)
Sep 23, 2011 5:52 PM

Sep 2009
That pan out with some great orchestra music had more thought and planning than anything else in the entire series, and it was so good that it seemed out of place in a show this bad. Ohana and Minko are 2 of the most irrational and irritating main characters I've ever seen in my time watching anime, and all of the drama involving either of them is so laughably forced and awful, and this episode is no different. The best episodes are the ones that don't focus on them or Ohana's almost-as-irritating uncle and his awful wife, which means that about 80% of the show is trash. I'm supposed to care about the fate of Kissuiso? Ohana and Ko's relationship? Minko's ability to not be a dumb bitch? No chance. They should have made the entire series about the bookstore girl because despite having like 5 lines of dialog she is the most clear minded and logical person in the entire show.

This show has been the biggest disappointment of the year, and I'm just watching it now to see how fucking awful it gets by the time it ends. It's bad enough to make fun of at least.
PfhorSep 23, 2011 5:57 PM
Sep 24, 2011 1:01 AM

Apr 2009
Dun dun dun I sense confession.

Yes, Enishi is... :|.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

metalsnakezero - Apr 17, 2011

256 by kirA_-_ »»
Apr 22, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 25, 2011

327 by SlammyHammy »»
Jan 31, 8:45 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jrittmayer - Sep 11, 2011

120 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Sep 4, 2011

122 by Lazulite »»
Jan 10, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Aug 28, 2011

173 by Lazulite »»
Jan 10, 12:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.