MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Ao no Exorcist Episode 23 Discussion

Pages (5) « 0.6 1.6 [2.6] 3.6 4.6 » ... Last »
Poll: Ao no Exorcist Episode 23 Discussion

09-19-11, 2:11 AM

Satan: "I cannot find a vessel strong enough to hold me. The most highly trained exorcists burst into flame if I stay for even a moment."

Yui: "It's a shame about you killing my friends and colleagues. That regular wolf seems to be holding up, though."

Satan: "..... You have really pretty eyes. Want to go back to your place, talk about life, and...snuggle?"

Yui: "Tee hee! Okay."

09-19-11, 2:39 AM

OK, I don't understand the story and I don't care about the characters anymore, plus the direction is rushed now so I don't see any point in finishing this series. Dropped at episode 23, like Star Driver. 6/10

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

09-19-11, 2:56 AM

Never really cared about this worthless series though I've still watched to this point coz of the fma vibes I get from it. Anyway I think Satan was embellishing a bit in this episode though its not clear what he gained by doing so.

09-19-11, 3:23 AM

Satan made a friend, isn't that cute.

Anyways, this episode summary: WHAT THE FUCK

09-19-11, 3:24 AM

They could've done a filler arc to wait for the Kyoto arc to finish in the manga... Well, at least, that's what I wanted to happen and all. It seemed like that was going to happen, but when everyone discovered Rin was Satan's son and one minute later everyone was cool with that, I knew they were going to wrap up the anime with some lame-ass ending...
Of course, it's way better than I expected, I still don't know what's going to happen, but I feel ashamed that Satan is portrayed as this kind of "good guy". Yuck.

Anyway, guess my wish for a second season starting off Kyoto arc won't be granted... I'm really upset, I really enjoyed the anime.

09-19-11, 3:25 AM

Tenchi_Ryu said:
I guess you're completely failing to realize that it was SATAN who was showing this vision thus showing HIMSELF in a sympathetic light.....not like he would show his true colors when trying to persuade a naive 15 year old boy....

Cliche?

Yes we have a whole bunch of works were the Devil is considered not that evil.....

as a matter of fact yes i have seen a lot of shows where Satan is seen as a good guy

09-19-11, 3:28 AM

i mean some stories can make demons look good and do a good job at it and i totally support that but i just don't think it works well in a story like Ao No Exorcist

09-19-11, 5:13 AM

these damn fillers -____-
Cake = :D
"apa" apachai's wise words
http://bit.ly/a5VFVB

09-19-11, 5:50 AM

poor Satan, he was so lonely. I really felt sorry for him. damn people for not loving demons.

bleh

09-19-11, 5:52 AM

So I'm watching Tiger and Bunny at the same time as this.
Uh. Ehm.
Yeah I'll just go back to T&B now. The massive amount of continuity breaking is making my brain hemorrhage. If they had painted him as misjudged from the start, I wouldn't give a shit, but... yeah no

09-19-11, 6:13 AM

lol, this show.

09-19-11, 7:07 AM

this ep. tells us that satan is not so bad afterall.and so yuri is.(yukio and rin's mother)

09-19-11, 7:12 AM

KeiranShikari said:
lol, this show.

pretty much... it failed when it decided not to follow the manga. Satan wanted a friend awwww and now he's back to being evil, srsly Satan control your hormones. Now they have to wrap everything up in just 2 episodes..yeah it's gonna suck. It could have been a great shounen anime ; oh well we still have the manga

09-19-11, 7:55 AM

This thread I tell ya....all I see, yet the poll ONCE again shows the real deal
Modified by Tenchi_Ryu, 09-19-11, 8:01 AM

09-19-11, 8:04 AM

Tenchi_Ryu said:

Hey now, my vote matched my opinion.

09-19-11, 9:10 AM

WTF!!!! He ordered to kill his own daughter and sacrificed Rin and Yukio?! I wouldn't have what such a grandpa :/
But somehow I can understand Yuri. If Satan was really like this then I would maybe also acted like this.
Still it's hard to believe that Satan should be a nice guy, but even if he wasn't, I would like to thank him for Rin and Yukio and I'm sure that Shiro would also thinks like this. Even if it's just this one good thing, it's the best Satan could give Shiro and of course us. :D

09-19-11, 10:05 AM

I thought this episode was amazing. I dont understand how anyone could complain about it.
Hello my name is Ben.
こんにちは私の名前はベンです

09-19-11, 10:05 AM

Holy shit what in the gods name....

..if shit wasn't real before, it sure as hell is now.

09-19-11, 10:22 AM

Tenchi_Ryu said:

Why the picture of a crying baby? Its seems pretty random... unless... you're trying to show how sad you are with the thread! Yeah that must be it : P

Discussion thread dude, both the good and bad should be discussed. Shouldn't take cracks at those who didn't like the episode.

09-19-11, 10:25 AM

Good episode.

I cannot wait for the next two episodes, the line up looks amazing!

09-19-11, 10:36 AM

I don't get that if what Satan is saying is true and he truely loved Yuri, that he would now posses Yukio. Satan really seemed more human in this episode, because he just wanted to live. So why would he posses his son then and just cause disasters and all those things?

09-19-11, 10:52 AM

Really uncomfortable episode... That's all I have to say.
"The R1 Anime business is a cruel and shallow financial trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."

09-19-11, 11:53 AM

Filler No Exorcist is just... UGHHHH

09-19-11, 12:15 PM

FlynnxGuy said:
Filler No Exorcist is just... UGHHHH

Not really sure if i would classify this as "filler"

Maybe it wasn't in the manga, i wouldnt know. I dont read manga for this very reason.

In my experience, when you read something, then go watch its movie or anime adaption, your constantly comparing the adaptation to the original.

For example, I used to read the Harry Potter books, then watch the movies. I couldn't enjoy the movie for the simple fact that the whole time I was comparing the movie to the book "Nope, that didn't happen.." "Wheres the scene where?!?.." Sure the movie/anime is based on the book/manga, but its not supposed to be exact. Judge them both on their own merit.

I'm thinking what happened to Blue Exorcist, is it caught up with the manga, then instead of just making filler episodes where nothing happened, they decided to take their own route with the story (Fullmetal Alchemist anyone)

So sure, this isn't cannon, but I think you may be dissing Blue Exorcist for the simple fact that its strayed from the path of the manga, and coming from someone who hasn't read the manga, I think if you judge blue exorcist on its own merits, i think you'd find that its actually really good!

Thats just my two cents. Not trying to hate or anything, just giving my personal opinon, feel free to respond, disagree, anything. just throwin that all out there :]
Hello my name is Ben.
こんにちは私の名前はベンです

09-19-11, 12:18 PM

half harry protter films were filler too xD (the new dumbledore sucked)

the problem about AnE anime now is plot inconsistency, be it filler matters little compared to that
someone already mentioned this: satan can't possess anything because it gets destroyed by its excessive mass power, but wild wolfs are indestructible it seems :3

if stricky plot gets ignored and one focus only on graphical awesomeness it's still good :3
Modified by Zeando, 09-19-11, 1:03 PM

09-19-11, 12:43 PM

Ok episode...But Satan is somehow good?WTF???
And their grandfather wanted to kill his daughter?Again WTF???
I understand that she was possesed by Satan but that wasn't a solution to the problem...
Even though the anime started well and it was interesting, after they stop following the manga I think that is not as interesting as before...
But anyway I will keep wathing because I want to see the battle Rin vs Yukio(I suppose they will fight) and I want to know how they will end it...

09-19-11, 12:43 PM

wait people are still bitching about it not following the manga

GET HE HELL OVER IT, this path is a hell of alot more interesting anyway, this kyoto arc everyone been building up has been some out of character developments , some forgetable new characters and pretty much nothing else, here we got yukio vs rin with the vatican exposed about corruption, this is a hell off alot better
please shit talk my page, no seriously please do
tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me
He caught me

09-19-11, 12:52 PM

THIS anime seriously will need sequel!

09-19-11, 1:14 PM

vaikepois said:
THIS anime seriously will need sequel!

more likely a reboot like FM last couple of ep are really bad....

09-19-11, 1:39 PM

oh boy

09-19-11, 1:46 PM

what seemed to be an ok epd became very confusing for the most part.

09-19-11, 2:23 PM

I could handle the fillers initially, but this is just ridiculous. If you're going to make something up, at least make it INTERESTING.

Anyways, I felt that several of the characters in this episode were OOC, and who else thought it was incredibly abrupt when Fujimoto just decided to raise the twins? I feel like they really should have lengthened that scene a bit more since they bothered to put it in there. :P

I have to say, I love the manga, but the only reason I'm still watching the anime series is for the FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC soundtrack. *waits for second OST to be released*

09-19-11, 2:26 PM

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

GET HE HELL OVER IT, this path is a hell of alot more interesting anyway, this kyoto arc everyone been building up has been some out of character developments , some forgetable new characters and pretty much nothing else, here we got yukio vs rin with the vatican exposed about corruption, this is a hell off alot better

At least the Kyoto arc had more development and didn't make the characters go all batshit insane. Most of those that are reading the manga aren't pissed because they're are taking the anime into another direction, but that they're taking it into a bad direction. That's at least what I think

09-19-11, 2:33 PM

I can never look at Yukio the same way as I did before.... -_____-

09-19-11, 2:55 PM

Kittyman said:
Tenchi_Ryu said:

Why the picture of a crying baby? Its seems pretty random... unless... you're trying to show how sad you are with the thread! Yeah that must be it : P

Discussion thread dude, both the good and bad should be discussed. Shouldn't take cracks at those who didn't like the episode.

Its not taking cracks at folks who didn't like it. If you don't like it, explain why with reasonable, detailed posts. But when you start seeing crap like this:

" it failed when it decided not to follow the manga."

Then its time to start handing out the GTFO papers. People are here clearly bitching about it NOT following the manga, NOT just because it was bad in their POV.

Other than pacing issues every now and then, there is pretty much nothing wrong with this show. The ones who are upset are mad mostly because it isn't in the Manga. And for that, its no longer valid disagreements, its just bitching. What its funny is that these people aren't even EXPLAINING what displeased them, saying one liners like "What the fuck did I watch" is a completely ignorant and thoughtless post, and just spam.

If you don't like it, stop watching....its THAT simple.
Modified by Tenchi_Ryu, 09-19-11, 2:59 PM

09-19-11, 3:02 PM

Yuri is like the most dumb exorcist ever.

and so much for the Phantom of the Vatican.

09-19-11, 3:12 PM

Who also realized that Takara (puppet guy) was talking? o__o

09-19-11, 3:15 PM

Harii said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

At least the Kyoto arc had more development and didn't make the characters go all batshit insane. Most of those that are reading the manga aren't pissed because they're are taking the anime into another direction, but that they're taking it into a bad direction. That's at least what I think
no whatt he kyoto arc did wa smake eveyr single character act out of character and all seem completly unlikable and selfish, add this with boring aciton fights and no real plot movements, face it you only hate this cause its not the same as the manga

why else woudl you guys build up such a mediocere arc as if it were the best ever, honestly acting like this arc was good is like saying that the tomoya arc in clannad or the filler arc in bleach were the best ever, their not, their just meh,
please shit talk my page, no seriously please do
tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me
He caught me

09-19-11, 3:19 PM

This episode was OK. But it is still a horrible FAIL because of not following the manga.

09-19-11, 3:43 PM

I dont mind where the show is going, humanity brought there own demise.

09-19-11, 3:54 PM

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
no whatt he kyoto arc did wa smake eveyr single character act out of character and all seem completly unlikable and selfish, add this with boring aciton fights and no real plot movements, face it you only hate this cause its not the same as the manga

why else woudl you guys build up such a mediocere arc as if it were the best ever, honestly acting like this arc was good is like saying that the tomoya arc in clannad or the filler arc in bleach were the best ever, their not, their just meh,

I started to read the manga after I saw that the anime started to change drastically - around episode 18 - and when I heard that the manga took another turn.
I usually don't mind when animes do their own ending, but I just don't think the anime is heading into a good direction. Everything's just a mess and rushed

09-19-11, 4:14 PM

Hell, not only do the japanese also love it, they even consider it better than the Manga...warning this site IS NSFW BTW

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2011/09/19/top-15-anime-which-exceeded-the-original/

09-19-11, 4:34 PM

Tenchi_Ryu said:

Its not taking cracks at folks who didn't like it. If you don't like it, explain why with reasonable, detailed posts. But when you start seeing crap like this:

" it failed when it decided not to follow the manga."

Then its time to start handing out the GTFO papers. People are here clearly bitching about it NOT following the manga, NOT just because it was bad in their POV.

Point taken, I suppose. Haven't read the manga, but alot of these comments make me really want to go see what I'm missing. ; )

If I was a huge fan of the series and a non-manga reader, I could find myself getting pissed at all of the manga comparison comments. But as the casual fan I am, I pretty much enjoy any type of discussion, outside of personal attacks. Your rage is justified : )

09-19-11, 7:40 PM

even i can not agree with the pethitic path about demon being good,but the story and the action reminds me of FMA and really this anime can attract me easily and for this anime manga , i dont wont to read caus i loved the anime sounds and drama .hope for great last 2 ep^^

09-19-11, 9:01 PM

Never saw the manga, but not a fan of the "Satan was just lonely".
Just seems weird.

09-19-11, 9:09 PM

WHY do you guys keep saying this? I can't see how you got that watching the final few minutes

From what I saw and got from this:

Satan has manipulated characters in this series and taunted them, we've seen it in episode 1.

Satan lets us know HE'S the one showing the vision, that's a automatic suspicious look he gets from me.

And....here's the killer btw....AFTER he TAKES OVER yukio's body, he finally laughs HISTERICALLY evil on how he FINALLY got a body to use, and has a "The WORLD IS MINE" vibe pouring out of him right now....

Everything I've seen from the last 5 mins heavily suggest Satan is a dirty lying bastard to get what he wanted, and now that he did, shit is fucked. Yes maybe he did care for their mother, but I still feel he had dirty intentions from the start, and their mother was just the perfect sap to fall for the "nice" routine.
Modified by Tenchi_Ryu, 09-19-11, 9:16 PM

09-19-11, 10:28 PM

Satan as good guy xDD lol
This is kinda disappointing x_x

09-19-11, 11:04 PM

FINALLY - Yukio pointed a gun at that 'grandfather'. Thank gawd. But, Rin ---- Rin ---- Rin!! I couldn't stand to see him spewing blood and screaming like that. It - hurt. A LOT. ****ing 'grandfather'. Ugh.

Anyways, AT LAST - Demon!Yukio. Loved that so much like you wouldn't believe. Hahahaha. And, loved Yukio sacrificing the rest of the blood needed and had let Rin stop being tortured like that. But - wait?? What's up with Satan - he's so much more intimidating in the first episode and the Manga. Oh well. And, hahahahahahaha - "The Messaiah" didn't work. Take that 'grandfather' - never liked him from the beginning, anyways. But, Yuri - is truly Rin&Yukio's mother. It's reeeeeeeeeally out there for Satan to have fallen in love with her, but, I guess it did happen and now there's no going back. Even though it's a far cry from the Manga, I'm okay with it I guess. It's been a good run, however, I wouldn't say it's not fun anymore whatsoever.

Annnnnnnnnnyways, good episode. But, ONLY TWO EPISODES LEFT -cries-

"When you trust someone and get to know them, you eventually learn about their wounds, too"

09-19-11, 11:22 PM

I kept cringing when Rin was coughing up blood. T-T

I think that the episode was interesting how we got see their pasts and got to see what their mother actually looked like.
What i got a bit disappointing was how .... Satan was more nice??! and especially when he was talking with Yuri. that was just unexpected and out of character. and how in the end it sounded like Satan did love Yuri tiring to save her.

With everyone saying that it was a bad idea that it isnt following the manga, makes me wanna read it now because i enjoy this anime.

09-20-11, 1:06 AM

Seriously? What the fuck?

It's cool and all that they're going into an anime original ending but the Yui back story was pretty wtf. Satan nice and innocent? Are you fucking kidding me? The freaking Lord of Hell doesn't know what life is? Yeah, okay...

Hopefully the Rin vs. Yukio fight makes up for this...whatever it is now.

Pages (5) « 0.6 1.6 [2.6] 3.6 4.6 » ... Last »