Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 18, 2011 1:24 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Adding Rin's Gehenna blood to open the gate was the masked man's goal.

To save people in the academy, Yukio became the sacrifice instead.

Mephisto and Amaimon (the little creature on his shoulder?) watching from faraway. Mephisto knew that this would happen.

So it was Yukio's own demon (and too strong that the prayers fell). Gate appeared. The puppet guy (who took off the puppet) was that narrator during "the missile" shooting to the gate. It failed and the demons flew in.

Satan's voice! He says that the masked guy killed the twin's mother, not him.

Everything with the blue fire night was because of the masked guy ordering to execute Yui, exorcist who bear Satan wolf's child. The young Father and Mephisto somehow involved (why Mephisto knew about it).

Yukio despaired, and Satan controlled him. Rin finally woke up.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 18, 2011 1:31 AM

May 2011
Hmmmm a nice insight about their mother yui. It was interesting when Mephisto and Fujimoto found yui with her sons. Fujimoto was ordered to kill the baby but decided to raise him as a human son and mephisto helped him out by sealing the flames in the sword.

The grandfather dies. Yukio sacrifices his blood to save everyone and his brother to open the gate of Gehenna. Then Yukio gets controlled by satan.

next episode looks to be good.
Sep 18, 2011 7:07 AM

Mar 2010
The flashback about Rin's birth and his mother was nice, but the current storyline is still at mess. (Oh the cliffhanger! o_x)

On the other hand, there's still good chunk of 2 episodes left for the series, so there' still hope A-1 Pictures won't ruin what had been considered a pretty good shounen anime in 2011.

P.S: I was surprised Hayashibara Megumi was voicing Megumi's voice as I thought she stopped doing voice acting except Haibara Ai in Detective Conan series and Ayanami Rei in recent Evangelion films..
stevewiess01Sep 18, 2011 7:40 AM

Sep 18, 2011 7:36 AM

Nov 2009
The story with Yuri was quite ridiculous. Granted, Fujimoto and Mephisto looked cool as ever in that flashback, but otherwise... the world where demons and humans live in peace? Satan being somewhat caring? LOL. I hope the manga will have the backstory about Yuri and the birth of twins that will make much more sense and will be much more interesting.

stevewiess01 said:
The whole storyline is turning into a mess and making me to shout "WTF!?" It might have been best interest for A-1 Pictures to stick with the manga storyline and prepare for season 2, as there's already talk about drop in Ao no Exorcist's DVD/BD sales...
Yeah, that would have been a much better way to handle it, imo. The first half was really good. and I'm tempted to buy a few first volumes of blurays, but only till the story turned into something absurd.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Sep 18, 2011 7:40 AM
Jun 2009
I... really don't know what to say about this anymore. Why must they let Satan in? WHY?! Can't they just make Demon!Yukio go berserk and just leave the goddamn Daddy out?! *sulks in the corner*

stevewiess01 said:
The whole storyline is turning into a mess and making me to shout "WTF!?" It might have been best interest for A-1 Pictures to stick with the manga storyline and prepare for season 2, as there's already talk about drop in Ao no Exorcist's DVD/BD sales...

The sale drop is rather predictable.... Ah, guess we won't be seeing the Kyoto cast anytime now.
Sep 18, 2011 9:01 AM

Aug 2009
This show isnt fun anymore ;__;
Sep 18, 2011 9:02 AM

Oct 2010
Well, I haven't read the manga and even the story is ridiculous is still interesting.
Sadly it decide to take the more common path, 'Bad guy is not as bad' and 'Is always the father's fault'
Still looking forward for the last two episodes.
huh?
Sep 18, 2011 9:05 AM
Jul 2010
It was already clear like 10 episodes back that end is going to be Rin vs Yukio, as expected it got too predictable...What a shame.
Sep 18, 2011 9:21 AM

Jan 2008
I'll just go with manga :/
Sep 18, 2011 9:25 AM

Sep 2009
I wonder if rin will be able to do something.
Sep 18, 2011 9:36 AM

Feb 2010
Did they seriously just try to paint Satan in a sympathetic light?

lol
Sep 18, 2011 9:47 AM

Sep 2010
Lulexiaa said:
This show isnt fun anymore ;__;

Ya, I feel the same. -.-

Not much to say about the episode... so 3/5 for me.
Sep 18, 2011 9:54 AM
Jan 2011
I don't understand how comes that someone that lives for so many years ( I mean Satan ) don't know what life is.

And how easy it was for Satan the WOLF demon to mate with Yuri0.o
I wonder if a human with the same "what is a life" ordeal could have mate with her this easy too?

The fist time Satan did make his appearance ( when he possessed Rin and Yukio's "father" ) I thought : "this is how a demon should be , evil and crazy without a care for others". But in this episode he is just a wolf on blue fire that is a powerful but lonely spirit who did not understand the human world and who only did bad things to defend himself ( the exorcist in the forest ) and his wife and children .What bad did he do to anyone in the flashback for other reason that protecting what it is important for him?:|
Sep 18, 2011 10:14 AM

Aug 2011
This ep had me confused.. Don't get me wrong I've read all the manga to date, just what the hell xD Only 2 episodes remain to finish this one off.. no pressure :]
Do not feed the trolls! They bite ;D
Sep 18, 2011 10:18 AM

Dec 2009
Okay, who cares if it's like the manga or not, the episode was damn amazing.
And i was expecting to see Satan's 'real' body, oh. ;3;
Sep 18, 2011 10:18 AM

Jun 2008
OOO interesting I want to see the outcome of this Ooo
Life is bittersweet can you live with that?
Sep 18, 2011 10:33 AM

Apr 2009
The whole premise of this episode was the biggest, most retarded bullshit I've heard in a very long time.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Sep 18, 2011 10:37 AM

Aug 2008
I think the episode was awesome. We got to see some real past~ Satan acted too oc though. He wants to take over his children's body even though he loved their mother?! I didn't expect him to be like a lonely demon...and want to love others! I can't wait for the next episode~
Sep 18, 2011 10:55 AM

Oct 2008
Wow. Satan doesn't seem so satanic anymore. What happened to this series?

Sep 18, 2011 11:26 AM

Aug 2010
This show has gone in completely different direction than I thought it would but I'm not going to criticize it, got to give it a chance.
Sep 18, 2011 11:34 AM

May 2010
hm.. i don't know this episode was strange.
the animation was also kinda bad in some parts.
howewer it could be worse and in my opinion there were a few nice scenes.
for example the flashback with shiro because scenes with shiro are always good.
sadly shura vs. arthur had not much screentime.
so if i think about it this episode was alright.
i wonder what they come up with for the end. i'm still looking forward to it.
giuli94Sep 18, 2011 11:42 AM
Sep 18, 2011 11:41 AM

Nov 2010
with these last episodes, I lost my interest for this series... :/
Sep 18, 2011 11:51 AM

May 2009
It was honestly really cool. Besides the fact that Satan shouldnt be a caring being, lol.
Sep 18, 2011 11:53 AM

Oct 2009
D'aww Rin and Yukio's mother was pretty and kind T^T. Demons fell in love with her, even Satan D':
That is just sad.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2011 12:12 PM

Jan 2009
Princess mononoke Wolf lol?

Sep 18, 2011 12:16 PM
Aug 2009
Since I didn't read manga, I really like this anime, I wonder what will happen when I start read it...

Oh, Satan is quite nice, isn't he? I really wanted to see him... I wonder how he looks like :3 or maybe he's always possessing people because he doesn't have real body?

And Yukio is sooooo stupid. Seriosly, he act all mature and what is he doing next? This kid is hopeless :/
Sep 18, 2011 12:16 PM

May 2010
WTF is this shit. The badass Satan reduced to some stupid lonely caring wolf. If you're alone, go make friends with Shiemi. Or pray to Jesus Christ. That'll solve the problem.

Well on the good side we get to see Fujimoto and Mephisto together. Damn, the best characters of this show are either dead or outcasts. -_-

Seriously, I don't know what I'm watching anymore. Let's see if they can make up for this in 2 episodes.
Sep 18, 2011 12:35 PM

Apr 2008
I don't know if anyone has considered this possibility, but maybe Satan was tricking Yuri all along just so she would bear his children for him. This is so that he could gain full control of a body in Assiah just like he did here with Yukio. This would fit in perfectly with his evil character that we have all being assuming before.
Sep 18, 2011 12:36 PM

Aug 2011
Well, Satan possessed Yukio just as I thought, but lol at the moment when Fujiomoto decided to rise Rin and Yukio. I mean that was so quick. Same goes for sealing Rin's power. Lazy animators or not enough time? Anyway it didn't look good.
But yay for hearing Megumi Hayashibara : D
Sep 18, 2011 12:40 PM

Aug 2010
Puppet guy's voice, finally. He seems bad ass.

Sep 18, 2011 12:45 PM

Apr 2011
I've read about many interpretations of Satan, ranging from tragic anti-hero to victim of circumstance to yes, pure ravenous EVIL, so Satan showing off some of his different sides wasn't too much of a stretch for me. It makes sense that a Japanese author might see Satan as a misunderstood spirit defending itself, just one so powerful that its mere touch destroys everything. Though the ending seems to make it seem like Satan was just being the Father of Lies, and twisting the truth to his own ends. Maybe Shiro will return in the last episode or two to set straight what Satan twisted around?

Wow, a LOT of hate for this episode. I figured it would be, since it's anime-original, but for once I could really give a damn. This is fucking AWESOME, too bad if you can't enjoy it. I did want to see Yukio punch the Pope in the face, though. And isn't everything always the Vatican's fault? Have they ever done ANYTHING good for humanity?

Stage is definitely set for Yukio v Rin, though I have a feeling Rin's true 'final boss' will be Mephisto himself. I was originally hoping this would be a long-running series like Bleach or Naruto, but I guess that's not going to happen. Maybe a second season or reboot after the manga's had more time to develop a storyline. It was probably too early in the story's life to do an adaptation, honestly, but I love what they did with it. :)
Sep 18, 2011 1:07 PM

Jan 2010
...Wait wat? Wat the hell did i just see? um not 100% sure but errr...w/e. I really cant comment on this episode idk if theres really anything to comment on other than poor Yuri.
Sep 18, 2011 1:11 PM

Feb 2009
Did anyone else think of John Lennon's Imagine after watching to preview for next episode? xD
Sep 18, 2011 1:24 PM

May 2009
tazfelis said:
I'll just go with manga :/

This ! i'll go read it and hope for Another series like they did With FMA T_T
Sep 18, 2011 1:45 PM

Jun 2009
What is this stupid shit? Seriously now, first Satan's all bad guy and protag's objective is to kill him, now they make out Satan to be a good guy for a moment to turn him to main antagonist a few minutes later again.
And i know it's stupid to ask such a question, but how the fuck did Satan impregnate Yuri?
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Sep 18, 2011 1:49 PM

Sep 2009
MulberryMokona said:

it got anime filler ending fucked! T_T

they should of went on respecting the manga, and after 1 year or so, make the second season
Sep 18, 2011 1:58 PM

Dec 2009
Inarius said:
MulberryMokona said:

it got anime filler ending fucked! T_T

they should of went on respecting the manga, and after 1 year or so, make the second season

Even if it followed the manga, the ending wouldn't be satisfying and a lot of people would complain as well, since the manga only have 28 chapters until now. So how would be the ending? Just Rin and the others making missions all happy and then "END"?

But i do believe this anime will have a second season, at least that's what i'm hoping. >_>
Sep 18, 2011 2:04 PM

Jul 2010
Wow, we had a flashback inside a flashback. Flashception? Anyway, I can't believe they tried to portray Satan as a good guy for a bit there. Yukio is now fully possessed by Satan. Hopefully Rin will be able to talk some sense into him next episode.

Sep 18, 2011 2:07 PM

Jul 2010
lol @ mad Christians.... Just because of Satan being put into a sympathetic light. Anywhoo.... I thought it was a good episode. Now I wait for next week :'(
Sep 18, 2011 2:10 PM

Aug 2010
omg Hamster-imon talked :3
it was actually a pretty decent episode, at least we get some background info on the twin's mom and Shiro and Mephisto
By shonen standard the animation and music is well done and the plot may be predictable but what shonen anime isnt >_>; so in all honesty ao no exorcist, filler or not, is a pretty successful anime in my opinion (except for that one beach episode with the giant squid, i cant get over how ridiculously stupid that was)
Sep 18, 2011 2:24 PM

Mar 2008
Oi Oi Oi WTF!? Satan is good and vatican's folks are bad? I must read manga, something isn't right.

Sep 18, 2011 2:39 PM

Jun 2009
Awkward episode...
I expect a S2!
Sep 18, 2011 2:40 PM
Aug 2010
This anime is just getting more and more awful. Honestly, I'm finding it very predictable.

The only characters I like in this series are Rin, Fujimoto and Memphisto. If it weren't for them, I probably would have dropped this quite a while ago. :/
Sep 18, 2011 2:41 PM

Aug 2009
jeanfarias said:
with these last episodes, I lost my interest for this series... :/

Same for me...

This show isnt fun anymore...

Like all of a sudden they add this big plot with only a few eps left...

I skipped like this entire episode..

I really lost all my interest in this show.. ;P
Sep 18, 2011 2:46 PM

Apr 2009
RD said:
I don't know if anyone has considered this possibility, but maybe Satan was tricking Yuri all along just so she would bear his children for him. This is so that he could gain full control of a body in Assiah just like he did here with Yukio. This would fit in perfectly with his evil character that we have all being assuming before.

Of course we consider this, and this is most likely true. However, that still doesn't change the fact that some retarded excorcist seriously thought A WORD FROM SATAN COULD BE TRUE. Geez, they are exorcists....
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Sep 18, 2011 2:47 PM

Aug 2011
MulberryMokona said:

agreed, i never liked this, too... i mean, the writer do know how satan was supposed to be orginated from, right?? Never knew he could do that, but hey, thats a suprise, but the lack of historical correctness in the ANIME is beyond me.... well, lets just see how it ends :/
Sep 18, 2011 3:12 PM

Aug 2010
ARGHHHH! I want to see what happens next D:
Everyone keeps complaining how it's not like the manga, but seriously it hasn't been like the manga for a while now so what makes you think that it's going to be like the manga now? Just enjoy the storyline to the best of your abilities xD
The flashback with Yuri was so cute. Rin & Yukio have her eyes (: It did make me, however, cringe that Satan had a soft spot for her..
At the end of the last episode, I thought Yukio did something bad to Rin, but he actually saved him from dying so that made me gain a little more respect for the dude.
This series is almsot over ;__; I want to see the next episode, but then thats one episode closer to that last >.<
Sep 18, 2011 3:20 PM

Jan 2011
RD said:

This is pretty much EXACTLY what I feel is going on. Anyone who knows even a little bit of christian history should know that Satan is KNOWN for deceitfulness, and saying what you want to here to get what he wants. So of course he'd sound all sweet and shit.

Otherwise, EXCELLENT episode....although this proves how foolish their mother truly was
Sep 18, 2011 3:36 PM

Jul 2009
Though predictable, this was a well written episode that didn't get boring at any point for me; I'm happy with it.
Perhaps I just liked the overall change of scenery and the progress?

Rin and Yukio's mother seems the Shiemi type; cutsie, power of love conqures all and we all must get along - I can now see Shiemi becoming a new mother to demon spawns; it makes sence, she's as young as the twins mum(?) and she's centre of their love triangle, conbined with the above.
(If the writer didn't think of this previously, she can have that idea for free, just as I tune in for nothing):p

I'm loving the Satan manipulation - the sweetheart disposition has every reason to actually be accurate, as Satan is known as 'the master of lies' a highly manipulative individual who can do pretty much anything to make or break a person; a naive girl going threw a know-it-all phase who has sympathy for demons is a mega target - she was determent on loving him, so why not give her what she wants and play friend and lover, whilst creating nessessary children? Also, remember, it was Satan who gave Yukio access to the flashback?

MEsoJD said:
lol @ mad Christians.... Just because of Satan being put into a sympathetic light. Anywhoo.... I thought it was a good episode. Now I wait for next week :'(

When did anyone mention being a 'mad Christian'?
Satan is universal no matter what religion (or lack of one); as an entity/individual and/or personification.

I too am looking forward to next week.

Sep 18, 2011 3:39 PM

Dec 2010
I knew that would happen when Takara reads revelation 9
“My antics are works of art.” ~ Hermann Fegelein
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 31, 2011

191 by XILG »»
Apr 16, 11:29 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 22, 2011

202 by XILG »»
Apr 11, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Zeando - May 1, 2011

239 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Apr 24, 2011

310 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 17, 2011

302 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.