MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Ao no Exorcist Episode 23 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Ao no Exorcist »» Ao no Exorcist Episode 23 Discussion

Pages (12) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Ao no Exorcist Episode 23 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

139 49.12%
4 out of 5: Liked it

70 24.73%
3 out of 5: It was OK

32 11.31%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

17 6.01%
1 out of 5: Hated it

25 8.83%
Voters: 283

09-18-11, 1:24 AM
News Team
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Adding Rin's Gehenna blood to open the gate was the masked man's goal.

To save people in the academy, Yukio became the sacrifice instead.

Mephisto and Amaimon (the little creature on his shoulder?) watching from faraway. Mephisto knew that this would happen.

So it was Yukio's own demon (and too strong that the prayers fell). Gate appeared. The puppet guy (who took off the puppet) was that narrator during "the missile" shooting to the gate. It failed and the demons flew in.

Satan's voice! He says that the masked guy killed the twin's mother, not him.

Everything with the blue fire night was because of the masked guy ordering to execute Yui, exorcist who bear Satan wolf's child. The young Father and Mephisto somehow involved (why Mephisto knew about it).

Yukio despaired, and Satan controlled him. Rin finally woke up.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

09-18-11, 1:31 AM

Hmmmm a nice insight about their mother yui. It was interesting when Mephisto and Fujimoto found yui with her sons. Fujimoto was ordered to kill the baby but decided to raise him as a human son and mephisto helped him out by sealing the flames in the sword.

The grandfather dies. Yukio sacrifices his blood to save everyone and his brother to open the gate of Gehenna. Then Yukio gets controlled by satan.

next episode looks to be good.

09-18-11, 7:07 AM

The flashback about Rin's birth and his mother was nice, but the current storyline is still at mess. (Oh the cliffhanger! o_x)

On the other hand, there's still good chunk of 2 episodes left for the series, so there' still hope A-1 Pictures won't ruin what had been considered a pretty good shounen anime in 2011.

P.S: I was surprised Hayashibara Megumi was voicing Megumi's voice as I thought she stopped doing voice acting except Haibara Ai in Detective Conan series and Ayanami Rei in recent Evangelion films..
Modified by stevewiess01, 09-18-11, 7:40 AM

09-18-11, 7:36 AM

The story with Yuri was quite ridiculous. Granted, Fujimoto and Mephisto looked cool as ever in that flashback, but otherwise... the world where demons and humans live in peace? Satan being somewhat caring? LOL. I hope the manga will have the backstory about Yuri and the birth of twins that will make much more sense and will be much more interesting.

stevewiess01 said:
The whole storyline is turning into a mess and making me to shout "WTF!?" It might have been best interest for A-1 Pictures to stick with the manga storyline and prepare for season 2, as there's already talk about drop in Ao no Exorcist's DVD/BD sales...
Yeah, that would have been a much better way to handle it, imo. The first half was really good. and I'm tempted to buy a few first volumes of blurays, but only till the story turned into something absurd.
絶望した!!

09-18-11, 7:40 AM

I... really don't know what to say about this anymore. Why must they let Satan in? WHY?! Can't they just make Demon!Yukio go berserk and just leave the goddamn Daddy out?! *sulks in the corner*

stevewiess01 said:
The whole storyline is turning into a mess and making me to shout "WTF!?" It might have been best interest for A-1 Pictures to stick with the manga storyline and prepare for season 2, as there's already talk about drop in Ao no Exorcist's DVD/BD sales...

The sale drop is rather predictable.... Ah, guess we won't be seeing the Kyoto cast anytime now.

09-18-11, 9:01 AM

This show isnt fun anymore ;__;

Please like my cosplay Facebook Fanpage ; u ; (I shall give you hugs if you do! ; 3 ;)

09-18-11, 9:02 AM

Well, I haven't read the manga and even the story is ridiculous is still interesting.
Sadly it decide to take the more common path, 'Bad guy is not as bad' and 'Is always the father's fault'
Still looking forward for the last two episodes.
huh?

09-18-11, 9:05 AM

It was already clear like 10 episodes back that end is going to be Rin vs Yukio, as expected it got too predictable...What a shame.

09-18-11, 9:21 AM

I'll just go with manga :/

09-18-11, 9:25 AM

I wonder if rin will be able to do something.

09-18-11, 9:36 AM

Did they seriously just try to paint Satan in a sympathetic light?

lol

09-18-11, 9:47 AM

Lulexiaa said:
This show isnt fun anymore ;__;

Ya, I feel the same. -.-

Not much to say about the episode... so 3/5 for me.

09-18-11, 9:54 AM

I don't understand how comes that someone that lives for so many years ( I mean Satan ) don't know what life is.

And how easy it was for Satan the WOLF demon to mate with Yuri0.o
I wonder if a human with the same "what is a life" ordeal could have mate with her this easy too?

The fist time Satan did make his appearance ( when he possessed Rin and Yukio's "father" ) I thought : "this is how a demon should be , evil and crazy without a care for others". But in this episode he is just a wolf on blue fire that is a powerful but lonely spirit who did not understand the human world and who only did bad things to defend himself ( the exorcist in the forest ) and his wife and children .What bad did he do to anyone in the flashback for other reason that protecting what it is important for him?:|

09-18-11, 10:14 AM

This ep had me confused.. Don't get me wrong I've read all the manga to date, just what the hell xD Only 2 episodes remain to finish this one off.. no pressure :]
Do not feed the trolls! They bite ;D

09-18-11, 10:18 AM

Okay, who cares if it's like the manga or not, the episode was damn amazing.
And i was expecting to see Satan's 'real' body, oh. ;3;

09-18-11, 10:18 AM

OOO interesting I want to see the outcome of this Ooo
Life is bittersweet can you live with that?

09-18-11, 10:33 AM

The whole premise of this episode was the biggest, most retarded bullshit I've heard in a very long time.

09-18-11, 10:37 AM

I think the episode was awesome. We got to see some real past~ Satan acted too oc though. He wants to take over his children's body even though he loved their mother?! I didn't expect him to be like a lonely demon...and want to love others! I can't wait for the next episode~

09-18-11, 10:45 AM

whoaa... the emperor of hell that is pure EVIL showing passion and caring about a mere human! and feeling lonely too? bleeergh!

after the anime changed the manga's tory, I really don't know what I'm seeing!

just two episode... just two episode >_>

09-18-11, 10:55 AM

Wow. Satan doesn't seem so satanic anymore. What happened to this series?

Pages (12) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices