Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 8, 2018 4:43 AM

Jul 2008
Ugh.....brings religion into question doesn't it?
Sep 22, 2018 6:23 PM

Sep 2017
I knew as soon as the poet was given 19 days that he'd be the guy that wrote the book. And wow. just by believing in a prophecy that was nothing more than a depressed rambling, they effectively caused it to come true by destroying another's world.
Jan 22, 2019 4:44 PM
Feb 2018
That was such a good episode. I loved that plot twist with story 1 and story 3 being linked. Well done. Wish there were more anime like this nowadays.
Jan 22, 2019 4:48 PM
Feb 2018
FMmatron said:
Really, really nice episode, the irony in this one is brilliant.

I know man. I loved this episode so much. Such a well-connected episode.
Apr 24, 2019 2:14 PM

Aug 2017
This episode contained a lot of interesting concepts. The world is coming to and end but what the source of this prophecy. Who wrote it? And what is truth? The story of the poet was beautiful but tragic though.
May 17, 2019 6:07 PM

Jul 2016
dabazzinator said:
book of prophecy reminds me of the bible. shit like that just isnt true.

It is supposed to be a commentary on the Bible.
May 17, 2019 6:07 PM

Jul 2016
Beautiful episode, but not as good as the first ones, 4/5
May 17, 2019 6:08 PM

Jul 2016
This Anime has been going strong so far.
Sep 17, 2019 9:25 AM
Jul 2018
I forgot just how absurd this episode was, in the sense of how crazy it is.
Mar 20, 2020 3:02 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lot of countries this time, it was really good
Sep 2, 2020 4:15 PM

Jul 2017
>"only a bird with broken wings sings the truth"
absolutely killer line.
anime ruined my life
Sep 28, 2020 10:17 AM

Sep 2017
Chills bro

Nice prophetic bs that throws an apocalpyse to the countries.

Also lol traditions.

That singing girl was too spooky

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Jan 30, 2021 6:36 AM

Mar 2010
Well dam, interpretation.
Feb 3, 2022 6:00 AM

Dec 2018
it was really well written and beautiful but i was kind of bored part of the way through
Feb 3, 2022 6:02 AM

Dec 2018
WolfWood37 said:
Ugh.....brings religion into question doesn't it?

or other doomsday prophecies like any number of the myriad climate religious doctrines that get swept under the rug
Apr 23, 2022 4:40 AM

Jan 2009
Didn't expect the truth about the prophecy to be revealed in the end, but it's been quite the interesting twist of a self-fulfilling prophecy. Except that it was for the country where the book was from and "the world" refers only to the specific part

Quite the impressive message about how hate begets hate

The middle story was also quite amusing with the country creating traditions for the sake of having traditions, but not noticing themselves that by doing so, they already have their traditions. Though it makes me wonder what their original traditions were before they ousted their former king to the forest
Apr 23, 2022 6:22 PM

Feb 2021
God I don't know man, I don't get it.
Apr 27, 2022 1:56 AM

Sep 2018
Quite amusing how a couple of the stories were linked like that. Another great episode.
Aug 4, 2022 2:47 PM
Sep 2013
This episode was a "compiled" of small episodes.
First it was an episode that shows the kind of people who are apocalyptic, who always predict the end of the world that never comes, we had the millennium bug 2000, we had 2012, etc, if we research we will see that several people predicted dates for the end in the world, it seriously has many dates in the past and in the future.
The second was something that happens even today, which is that people banish/problematize their traditions and, seeing themselves as empty without traditions, they desperately try to create new ones, but they are all false traditions that do not fill the true ones, this is the bad secular nowadays.

I think the third has to do with people, they have what they want, they always yearn for evils so the evils come back to them, in this case it is sadness, condemning everyone.
I don't think this episode has anything to do with religion itself, but with people, even those who call themselves atheists have their own religion, which are much worse than any religion, and if you look at what global warming would be outside a end of the world conspiracy!?
This episode just shows that people who don't have the truth as their north will be deceived by pseudo-truths

PT-BR

Esse episodio foi um “compilado” de pequenos episódios.
Primeiro foi um episodio que mostra o tipo das pessoas que são apocalípticas, que sempre preveem o fim do mundo que nunca chega, nós tivemos o bug do milênio 2000, tivemos 2012, etc,se pesquisarmos vamos ver que varias pessoas previram datas para o fim do mundo, é sério tem muitas datas no passado e no futuro.
O segundo foi algo que acontece até na atualidade, que são as pessoas banirem/problematizarem suas tradições e ao ser ver vazios sem tradições, tentam desesperadamente criar novas, mas são todas tradições falsas que não preenchem as verdadeiras, esse é o mau secular atualmente.

Acho que o terceiro tem haver com as pessoas tem aquilo que elas desejam, elas sempre anseiam por males então os males voltam para elas, nesse caso é a tristeza, condenando todos.
Não acho que esse episódio tem a ver com a religião propriamente dita e sim com as pessoas, até aqueles que se dizem ateus tem seu própria religião, que são muito piores que qualquer religião, e se você ver o que seria o aquecimento global fora uma conspiração do fim do mundo !?
Esse episodio só mostra que as pessoas que não tem a verdade como norte vão ser enganadas por pseudoverdades
nomad8Aug 4, 2022 2:53 PM
Nov 30, 2022 9:15 AM
Jan 2022
Loved the idea, how the author portrait different countries
Dec 18, 2022 9:23 PM
Apr 2021
I liked this episode, and although I do not know exactly how to decipher It, I think it goes something like this: The poem that was written by someone a long time ago is followed like a fact, and when something doesn't go as the prophecy says people go crazy even though the prophecy is leading to something negative (the end of the world). I think the main key to figuring this out is looking at the town that has a tradition of coming up with traditions is there to make us think about how little sense a tradition actually makes when something someone said a long time ago can be perceived as fact, and become destiny not because what was written was true but because it is viewed as such, people will try to find a way for it to become true as we see at the end of the episode. Also, Kino saying to Hermes to ask the stars is clever because we never know if all this was destiny all along.
Feb 17, 2023 7:30 PM
Feb 2023
this episode was a little bit to much, not as good as the previous 2
Apr 13, 2023 5:46 AM
Apr 2018
The end of the episode was a cruel farce. They teased us about the "prophecy", which were just words of a secular poet. Yet, through their own conviction, they realized the "prophecy" themselves.

This is why treating clergies as statesmen is a bad idea, kids.
Jul 4, 2023 3:03 AM

Dec 2022
Kino got to practically loot the town because of the citizens just giving everything away in resignation over the "world ending", and managed to bail when they started having second thoughts the next day. Talk about lucky circumstances.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kino's Journey Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cyruz - Jul 11, 2008

127 by rainbowScarlet »»
Apr 21, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Kino's Journey Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Jul 12, 2008

85 by paul1990xco »»
Apr 9, 6:05 AM

Poll: » Kino's Journey Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Jul 16, 2008

98 by Ratris_Decision »»
Jan 13, 7:14 AM

Poll: » Kino's Journey Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cyruz - Jul 10, 2008

152 by 2life »»
Jan 9, 5:45 PM

Poll: » Kino's Journey Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cyruz - Jul 8, 2008

121 by Ratris_Decision »»
Jan 7, 6:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.