Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Sep 17, 2011 10:54 PM

Jan 2010
@ Guunter

Volume 1
Sunday November 13
Super Event
Being Held!
Details at the official website...
"Seize the time, Meribor - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard.
Sep 17, 2011 10:58 PM

Jun 2011
Definitely one of the best anime this year. There are lots of hints about a second season.

Also i hope to see more KarinaXKotetsu ^.^
Sep 17, 2011 11:45 PM
Jul 2011
Good ending. Definitely hoping for season 2.

But one thing that disappoints me is that they ended it without revealing anything about Scarf-tan. I was hoping that at the very least she would have a name by the time the series ended. If they do make a second season they better give her a bigger role.

I thought it was interesting that she walked by right before the dollar fell in the water to reveal the ouroboros symbol. Interesting because one of the theories floating around about her was that she was part of ouroboros. Probably just a coincidence.
Sep 17, 2011 11:53 PM

Aug 2010
Finally, one of my most favourite shows of this season ended (I prefer this to Steins;Gate =))) The are problems left to be solve in the next season, like Ouroboros, Lunatic... My god, Lunatic is sooooo cool until the very end. I do love this kind of anti-hero who mercilessly kill his opponents. Hope that they will let him have a bigger role in the future.
Well done, Sunrise. You should stop exploiting Gundam and make more shows like this.
Sep 18, 2011 12:21 AM

Nov 2008
THAT WAS PRETTY SATISFYING.

Though I don't like that Tiger /still/ didn't get the recognition he deserved, I loved everything else.

And even if it was a bit cheesy and predictable. It was much more enjoyable than most anime I recently (or ever) watched.
I loved this show and all It's characters! I loved Kotetsu as a protagonist. He was such a breath of fresh air in every way.

and
SoraKuro said:

I like how this anime paid attention to the little things and was always in sync with what the fans were thinking & what they wanted, but sometimes with a twist.

10/10
I'll miss it so much <3 and will look foreword to whatever is happening in November.
__veniSep 18, 2011 12:24 AM
Sep 18, 2011 12:27 AM

Aug 2010
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2011-09-17/tiger-and-bunny-super-event-to-be-held-on-november-13
information about the "Super Event". Hope that they will announce a next season for this show.
Sep 18, 2011 12:32 AM

Jan 2009
nice series and gonna wait eagerly for the next season
Sep 18, 2011 1:10 AM

May 2008
So awesome. 9/10.
I was happy when Lunatic burned that Maverick! Muwhaha.
Dat end.. God, season 2, nao. ;__; And more KotetsuxKarina
Sep 18, 2011 1:16 AM

Feb 2010
nice ending for a good show 8/10.
Sep 18, 2011 1:39 AM

Nov 2009
The ending was satisfying but somewhat lacking... but im fine with this because last episode was some form of anouncement that 2nd season will happen for sure.

T&B was somewhat cliched but really entertaining. Kotetsu is a really great character and cant wait for his role in 2nd season. Im the only one that thought that there were quite a few hidden yaoish moments between Kotetsu and Barnaby lol ?

T&B was a hidden gem in this season and really underrated so im gonna give this 9/10 overall.
Sep 18, 2011 1:41 AM
Jun 2008
so much better than no6 .

barnaby become minuteman lol

hmm,the dollar paper is a foreshadow for next season?
Sep 18, 2011 2:06 AM

Nov 2009
OMG, the crying scene with Barnaby, Kaede and then Karina all bursting into tears and hugging Kotetsu (and he's still completely clueless about Karina's feelings X) Lol at Karina reading 100 ways to make a single father fall for you)))

I'm glad Kotetsu found his own unique answer to the problem of his declining power, one in his own style - ridiculous yet admirable, but in the second season his power needs to return, no matter how cliche its return is going to be, otherwise it's not going to be as fascinating as the first season. His declining power is the only thing that left an unpleasant aftertaste in the sea of awesomeness that is Tiger&Bunny.

And yeah, the second season needs to happen.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Sep 18, 2011 2:34 AM

Aug 2007
I thought Kotetsu's daughter would copy Maverick's power and un-wipe his memory.

Great end to this season 1 - I'm definitely a fan.
Sep 18, 2011 2:36 AM
Mar 2011
IceAndCream said:
I wasn't expecting Maveric to commit mental suicide. Crafty move. But he still got served a great plate of Justice....

And are those hints at a second season or what?

Why didn't they just have Kaede touch his arm or hand and then reverse the mind wipe?!

PS: Its WAY too easy to press Report by mistake!

PPS: What Obby said!
darkwintreSep 18, 2011 2:39 AM
Sep 18, 2011 2:45 AM

Aug 2009
Why am I throwing 10s left and right ?
Stiens;Gate, Usagi Drop and now Tiger&Bunny.
could this be the best season for anime ?
Sep 18, 2011 2:47 AM

Feb 2008
One of the best surprises of this year. Easily a 9/10.
And I really can't wait for the 2nd season.
Sep 18, 2011 2:47 AM
Jul 2011
In the end it was a nice happy ending I suppose, I really was wondering the same thing as Tiger... did they ever check his pulse? Guess not... idiots.

I was so happy Lunatic killed off Maverick, the old bastard deserved a firey death, and he got it, so Lunatic has become even more awesome in my mind now.

Karina at the end reading, 100 ways to make a single father fall for you was funny, though I wonder if her friends turned around to see what she was reading so intently... lol.

I was sad to see Tiger in the lower leagues, I would have preferred retirement, it would of ended his career on a high... I'm guessing in season two his powers will return, or those red/orange eyes he showed when we first find out about his decrease in powers plays some part, remember Jake had the same eyes, meaning he was either declining (unlikely) or it was due to two powers.

I liked it that Kaede finally found her dad cool, it made me smile because that's been his dream I guess, he doesn't need anyone else to think he is cool, as long as his daughter thinks so.

When Tiger was hugged by Kaede, Barnaby and Karina I smiled, still Karina's cry "Tiger" was funny... I know it was meant to be emotional so the crying was fine but still I just found how it was pronounced funny.

The ending with that note showing the Ouroboros emblem is obviously hinting towards their bigger role in Series 2 I guess, besides I found how Maverick gave in at the end strange, as if he himself was also being controlled, and once that was taken away he became a vegetable, so perhaps he too was being controlled all along, or more so his body was being controlled, maybe he was a vegetable and Ouroboros did something to him.... and everything else he thought about himself was fabricated.

In the end I'll give this series a 10, it doesn't deserve it, it deserves a high score but probably not a 10, but since I found it so enjoyable I'll rank it a 10 just from that.

Karina x Kotetsu.... yeah :), sorry Yaoi fangirls, Barnaby and Kotetsu are just best friends :P

Sky High - The True King of Heroes
Sep 18, 2011 2:48 AM

Jun 2011
I really enjoyed this anime and I hope I'll se the 2nd season soon xD
The ending was satisfying, I just kinda didn't get it what happened to Maverick xD And it would be nice if Kaede became a hero XD And I'm really glad Kotetsu is alive <3
Sep 18, 2011 3:10 AM

Aug 2009
Well, the ending certainly made my yaoi fangirl instincts tingle. Barnaby x Kotetsu ftw.

The whole anime was a great surprise. It's easily one of the best ones this year. Can't wait the 2nd season~
sugawaeraSep 18, 2011 3:53 AM

Just quietly leave a memo in my heart.
Sep 18, 2011 7:03 AM

Jun 2010
This is Officially yaoi. XD at the ending. loved it.

And the last bonus was lol. waiting for 2nd
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2011 7:16 AM

Mar 2008
Am I the only one that noticed that Fire Emblem is the one that wrote 100 ways to make a single father fall for you? It's like hw wrote it to Karina haha

Overall, the anime was VERY entertaining. Unfortunately, they started using too many clichê and incredible coincidences at the end.

As much as I liked Lunatic's episode, it could've been left for the second season, since he didn't have much to do in this one. And we could've had a Bison episode.

As for the last episode, it was pretty good, considering where it came from. I mean, Agnes had a smart plan, they gave reasonable reasons for Tiger's "ressurection", the wya they handle the robots was also good... The only problem was when Maverick got Kaede. There were 7 heroes and a helicopter there and they couldn't find him? And Kaede just stood there all the time without doing anything?

Waiting for the 2nd season
Sep 18, 2011 7:24 AM

Dec 2010
Awesome ending for and awesome show. Tiger is still being a hero after all the declining power problem.

Lunatic was late. :C Maverick actually looked pitiful when he looked at Lunatic with his hangover face.

And Origami Cyclone was pretty awesome on this episode. His shurikens look cool!

And sweet! A 2nd season! I hope there would be more Lunatic screentime.
Sep 18, 2011 7:42 AM

Dec 2010
I like short animes but can't wait to see 2nd season. Very good anime with a nice ending. I hope they won't ruin it.
I really want to know more details about Lunatic's past and see Tiger's new power :D
Sep 18, 2011 7:43 AM

Jan 2011
i knew no way Tiger gonna die, he even get back into the first league and partner Bunny, a happy ending, but what will happen to the androids?

overall is a fun and entertaining series, a stranger girl keeps reappearing, i like Sky High x Robot Girl eps too

dont mind a second season at all :)
Sep 18, 2011 7:56 AM
Oct 2010
New season, FUCK YEAH.
Sep 18, 2011 9:28 AM

May 2007
I actually liked the explanations for Tiger's resurrection, it was funny.

"Don't kill me off!"
"You didn't check my pulse!?"

Those are the kind of lines I was hoping to get from the majority of the series, but that didn't happen.

Lunatic appearing at the end to kill Maverick. So, that's all Lunatic for for? Couldn't have shown up earlier? Maverick was pitiful at that point, it wasn't even satisfying to FINALLY see Lunatic again.
Sep 18, 2011 9:30 AM

Aug 2011
GREAT!!! I'm actually quite angry at myself for not watching this episode earlier... but hey, i loved this ep, how kotetsu just ROSE from the dead!!!

At the end (well, arc end) Marverick did erase his own memeories, giving us some conspriacy, and some more ideas for a second season! And also, that dollar ending did re-affirm that ouroburos are realy deep group, i mean, finding that on a dollar isn't regular, you know!?

But anyways, loved this episode, will miss the cast, and that xtra girl ( you know... the one which is in "the background") which i think made this season EPIC! :P
Sep 18, 2011 10:12 AM

Mar 2010

Episode 25

That scarf girl has appeared in every freaking episode of Tiger & Bunny, just like the flower girl from Macross 7. I wonder if this trend will continue in the second season.

Sep 18, 2011 10:13 AM

Jan 2010
Asspulls and obvious pandering. Typical Sunrise.

The second half of this show was absolutely terrible with the angst and other bullshit. I really liked this show in the beginning, but Sunrise unsurprisingly fucked it up like they always do. 7/10 I guess...it was better than average overall but the second half left a bad taste in my mouth.
Ok™
Sep 18, 2011 10:42 AM
Sep 2011
I liked both halfs, suprisingly the second half more than the first since I found the first a little bit boring at times, I don't mind how much was left open though, I thought there would be a season 2 after it said jack was only the leader of a "sector of oroboros".
Sep 18, 2011 11:39 AM

Mar 2008
tiger and bunny ,one of the best this season
though this may be the worst episode since its the last episode and theres nothing much to do other than burn maverick and pave way for the next season
is it me or paolin looked quite cute in a dress
i loled at karina reading "100 ways to make a single father fall for you"(over 40000 copies sold...) im guessing her new song is probably a love song
Wild Tiger 1 Minute, you couldnt even cook cupnoodles with that
im just happy that theres a second season

cant wait for the next season, i hope theres more scenes for kaede and some development for karina and tiger and recovery or change in tigers power?
Sep 18, 2011 12:32 PM

Feb 2009
Great show! I knew they wouldn't kill Tiger off. =)

Not that it's a major plothole or anything, but they never mentioned poor Samantha again. Too bad she really did get killed...
Sep 18, 2011 2:08 PM
Jul 2018
Thanks for putting up the girl with the scarf... I never really payed attention. I wonder if shes going to actually play a part in season two or just stay as one of those things that animes have.... repeating random doesn't really mean anything characters...

Maverick probably erased his own memories due to not wanted to expose Oroboros. He might not even be the boss.. just another underling...
Since the logo appeared on the dollar bill perhaps it goes as far as the government..
Sep 18, 2011 3:18 PM

Oct 2010
i don't like the look of the new season, i think it is going to be really uncool only lasting 1 minuet.
Sep 18, 2011 3:54 PM

Oct 2009
awww this was an amazing ending for this anime....
i seriously thought that Tiger had died and i started crying
i hope they make a 2nd season, but it mostly likely won't be about Tiger & Bunny
probably some other characters
Sep 18, 2011 4:05 PM
Aug 2011
Sery said:
I really enjoy the whole series and i think this was a pretty decent ending for how the series was, im half glad half disappointed that they left part of the plot for a 2nd season but it was ok.

The first half of this episode was great, i love it, yeah it was cliche to the bone but it was very good, the epilogue on the second half on the other hand i think it was pretty lame until the uroboros logo on the money. i cant wait for the 2nd season.

Edit: oh yeah, i just love the KarinaXKotetsu moments <3 i dont care what fuyoshis want KxK must happen on 2nd season.

then it would be tiger and blue rose not tiger and bunny, besides thats the best part of the freaking thing! (almost)
Sep 18, 2011 4:49 PM
Sep 2011
Loved the ending with Tiger trying to be a hero despite all odds.

As for next season (which the ending and "NEXT event" screams), I'd really like to see him not get a second power, and it be more of him using his skills, experience, and gadgets to be a hero (He did pretty well in episode 22). Second power seems too obvious, and it'd be interesting to see him struggle to live up to being a good partner for Bunny.
Sep 18, 2011 5:07 PM
Dec 2007
Extremely entertaining till the end, and this episode was really cool in terms of fight scenes and animation. Nothing too fancy or fantastic but still a series that I wouldn't advise to miss. 8/10 and waiting for a second season.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 18, 2011 5:10 PM

Aug 2010
This is going to be interesting...the Wild Tiger that can roar for only a lasting minute...

Still, 2nd season is hoorah!
Sep 18, 2011 6:07 PM

Dec 2009
A pretty good ending, surprisingly. Personally, I prefer the first half of the series to the second but other than some clichés here and there it was an incredibly charming show, thanks to Kotetsu. There was a severe lack of Lunatic though.
Hoping that the second season addresses most of the problems with the first.
Sep 18, 2011 9:26 PM

May 2011
Tiger & Bunny was def a good series and I have to say the 2nd half was better than the first but the animation and design for the show was great. I must say I think I'm going to miss Blue Rose saying "GO NEXT" lol

But yeah the last episode was pretty good nothing series happened but it was a good way to tie up everything and give all the characters a good ending. Blue Rose and Tiger just might happen. All in all it was a good show i give it a 8/10

Now idk if the anime was trying to give a message but the whole after the credits scene
by saying "Money is evil" or just a way of saying Ouroborous runs so deep it really can't be stopped so watch out for a second season
Sep 18, 2011 10:59 PM

Sep 2010
Noooo it's over! But I'm looking forward to the next project though.
Sep 19, 2011 12:20 AM
Feb 2009
awee yeh second season
Sep 19, 2011 1:11 AM

Mar 2009
Of course Kotetsu survives in the end. =|
Oh, Sunrise...

Decent final episode. I'm glad Lunatic got to do something in this episode, as he was underused throughout. He'll probably have a bigger role in the next season.

Overall, though, Sunrise managed to do a great job with this show. I didn't know what to expect from Tiger & Bunny when I first heard the name, but I'm glad I ended up watching it. What I loved about the show so much was that it was created with a western audience in mind. Bonus points for Kotetsu, an excellent main character; and his realistic relationship with his daughter. It's a rarity nowadays to have a main character who's not in High School, and has a kid, so that means he's had sex at least once. 8/10
Sep 19, 2011 1:29 AM

Jun 2010
stevewiess01 said:

Episode 25

That scarf girl has appeared in every freaking episode of Tiger & Bunny, just like the flower girl from Macross 7. I wonder if this trend will continue in the second season.

lol Don't know why they did that. If it was like heroman's Stan lee it would've been for the lulz. But this one ?? No idea.

You're like super awesome to catch that. She was like walking along then working in the bar and lol.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2011 4:48 AM

Dec 2007
Awesome , amazing, exceptional, I don't know what to say. I'm so glad nobody died (THANK YOU SUNRISE) and everything was absolutely fabulous. HNGG.
Waiting for season 2.
Sep 19, 2011 6:13 AM
Sep 2009
I'm going to have to give this episode and show a 10/10.

From the very start this show promised to be cliched, unique, and funny. They promised darker elements but didn't focus on them too much via use of the very unique character that is Kotetsu. Logical explanations were used to explain his survival and most of what happened in the episode. I mean come one, stranger things have happened in real life.

To me, the decision of Kotetsu to return to being a hero showed the show's commitment to each characters' personality. Kaede would've realistically gotten very tired of a stay at home dad. My hope is that in the second season, Ben and Saito are working together to take the technology from the androids to make an even better suit for Tiger. In my opinion, having him go on without powers would be best. That way it's like he's taking up the dream of Bunny's parents and using the cyborg technology for the good of everyone. He's the perfect person to take on the role of becoming everyone's protector and inherit the dream of Barnaby's parents. He'll be a very light version of Batman, protecting others out of a dream to be a hero rather than out of vengance.

I really hope that they'll make a second season. I believe Rock Bison is due an episode. Lunatic needs to be explored more. Now that Orouboros knows that tiger has a kid Kaede should definitely become more involved in the series (possibly as a second league hero?). All in all the last half of the season and the last episode really kept up with the theme of the show and made me love Sunrise once more.
Sep 19, 2011 11:17 AM

Aug 2010
so what was the significance at the 11/13 at the end of the episode about a new project. does it mean november or does it mean way way in the future? unless commie trolled us which i doubt they would.

EDIT: nvm found it it's bout some super event or something. at least a new PROJECT is confirmed. so at the very least we should get a movie or something.
jakeisquiteSep 19, 2011 11:25 AM
Sep 19, 2011 12:12 PM

Aug 2009
m4rc0 said:
Am I the only one that noticed that Fire Emblem is the one that wrote 100 ways to make a single father fall for you? It's like hw wrote it to Karina haha

WHAT!?!?! I must hunt down a picture now!

edit: Got a pic... look at the pink lettering towards the bottom.
AstuteOtakuSep 19, 2011 2:01 PM
Sep 19, 2011 2:50 PM

Aug 2008
Ah, it's really hard to word out what I'm feeling now... wait, I mean, what I have felt since saturday night... my first thought was "why must everything good come to an end".

I was content with the ending. Very surprised because Kotetsu didn't retire, but still very content. I got my 'revival' scene, very nicely animated action scenes, awesome 'IN YOUR FACE MAVERICK' Kotetsu moment, brohug turning to a familyhug turning to a grouphug, F-YEAH!Agnes, Lunatic scene, teaming up again with the same princess-carrying style as seen in ep 1, and foreshadowing for the NEXT season/OVAs/something. Exhausting but awesome. While I admit many of those clicheed scenes have been made countless times before, I just can't remember when I would have enjoyed them this much. T&B just manages to be so incredibly entertaining. Also, I can never get enough of how the show portrayed the characters; superheroes or not, they spoke and acted like anybody else and did very everyday things (Clipping your nails, spending leisure time, telling much just by character's body language, eating food normally - not typical anime "oh so delicious curry" way, etc.)

Btw, noticed Kotetsu shares some similarities with a certain coffee-loving prosecutor!

I have been having some mixed feelings about S2, mainly because of the "1 minute" downgrade but after 1) thinking how many issues are still uncovered and 2) hearing the VA's hints/teasings, I'm not that doubtful anymore - I definitely want more T&B. Second season or set of OVAs, now please. Looking forward to the 11/31 event news eagerly.

It was greatest ride I had had for a long time. Thank you T&B cast & staff, thank you fellow fans. Now then, the next pit stop; waiting for my T&B merchandise to arrive while eating frie(n)d rice.

darkwintre said:
Why didn't they just have Kaede touch his arm or hand and then reverse the mind wipe?!

I think she could have done it if Maverick had been just altering his memories, but by the looks of it, he actually wiped everything away. I'm guessing that's more complicated/impossible to regain.
MinekoSep 19, 2011 11:50 PM
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Monochrome - Apr 2, 2011

147 by DanEndra_Tensei »»
Dec 17, 2023 5:27 AM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Paiguy - Jun 18, 2011

93 by Destroyer31 »»
Sep 4, 2023 8:36 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Torisunanohokori - Apr 23, 2011

87 by CheriCake »»
Feb 3, 2023 2:07 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 10, 2011

154 by Ranxomare »»
Feb 2, 2023 12:12 AM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chalis - Sep 3, 2011

69 by Ranxomare »»
Feb 1, 2023 11:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.