Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Mar 17, 2012 5:03 AM

Jun 2010
Monochrome said:
The lack of Lunatic. He turned out to be one of the most interesting characters, but barely did anything. What a waste.
Mar 23, 2012 10:35 AM

Jul 2011
wow so ouroboros = freemason

it's weird that after so many time lapse, Blue Rose is still a highschool student...
Mar 31, 2012 5:41 PM

Dec 2009
Amazing series. This episode was a good way to end the series, even though it's sad that Tiger's power declined that much. It's true that many things were left open but I hope they release something more after this. 9/10.
Apr 2, 2012 2:40 AM

Oct 2011
Man, that ending with the dollar having the ouroboros symbol completely blew me away. What a wonderful way to leave a cliffhanger! (This is why we need S2!)

Those Kotetsu x Barnaby moments just made me happy.
I also may have cried.
A lot.

It was so cute at the end when the boy at the beginning was buying a Wild Tiger card too. It just made me so happy.

This series is so corny and reeking of cheese, but maybe that's why I adored it so much.

This series never disappointed me.

It kept me hooked the whole way through, and it was a complete blast.

10/10 + favourited; I adored it.

S2 NOW PLEASE.
zlaeApr 2, 2012 2:47 AM
|ω・)
Apr 20, 2012 12:05 PM

Jun 2010
Can I just throw this out there...

"You have pretty, long, eyelashes..."

THOSE ARE YOUR FINAL WORDS???? omg................. what is this show.......

Apr 28, 2012 7:06 PM

Jun 2009
Weird, if anything I'd say this series lacked direction in the first 13 or so episodes. I mean, I thought the Jake arc was really badly done and after it, around episodes 17 to 22, was some of the best episodes that certainly had direction. I do think the last few episodes were disappointing thought with maybe too many conveniences but, to me, that was more in line with how the first half of the show came off anyway.

All in all, it was a pretty fun series and the last 7 or so episodes were very easy to marathon. I feel that most characters weren't well explored enough, particularly Lunatic who was probably the most interesting character that wasn't Kotetsu or Barnaby, should have done more. I also wouldn't have a problem if the relationship between Blue Rose and Kotetsu was expanded on in a second season and Kaede having a larger role. Basically, spread the love to other characters instead of focusing almost exclusively on the two protagonists. After all, even episodes for the supporting cast still focused quite a lot on Tiger and Bunny.

Anyway, I'll give this a solid 7 out of 10. It was fun ride, with a few moments of brilliance (such as Lunatic's episode), but it was ultimately uneven. Kind of a disappointment all in all.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 2, 2012 8:38 AM
May 2008
Total bullshit "let's wrap this up, and make everything feel good" ending... but not that big of a deal. I never was watching this series for the overarching plot, so it's easy to ignore it. Troll ending was funny as well, "shit who's ouroboros... ugh, let's see... the government! - end" ... *sigh*...
Dead Account
Please Delete
May 29, 2012 9:17 AM

Oct 2009
Who the HELL is that girl with the scarf always popping up??!?!

great, great, classic superhero stuff!

8/10!

Would like another season :D
Jun 8, 2012 7:07 AM

Aug 2008
Overall the series left me with a good feeling towards it.
The ending however was a reversion on a lot of what was accomplished.

Kotetsu spent what I guess must have been 5 episodes attempting to quit. Now we see that he eventually re-joined... I would have preferred to see him as a functional part of society.

Kotetsu could have joined the Hero Training School as a teacher, he did a great job while there on the PR mission. Maybe flash forward and Kaede is training to be a Hero?
Bunny could have taken over Mavericks spot as Hero organizer and CEO.
Aug 18, 2012 9:14 PM
Nov 2011
Man, I dropped this to my on hold list a while ago because I just wasn't sure they could top it after the mid season, but seriously, I loved the ending, and who didn't see Kotetsu surviving after he passed out. Maybe it's Cliche, but I loved the ending of the season.
VeretaxAug 19, 2012 6:39 AM
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Sep 27, 2012 7:15 PM

Mar 2012
Cheesy? Yes.
Full of cliches? Sure.
Lots of questions unanswered? Definitely.

But in the end, it was entertaining and I enjoyed watching it.
Dec 12, 2012 9:07 PM
Nov 2010
Monochrome said:
~ The lack of Lunatic. He turned out to be one of the most interesting characters, but barely did anything. What a waste.
agreed
Dec 29, 2012 1:41 AM

Sep 2012
One of the best anime ended, hoping for a second season.
Feb 11, 2013 9:03 AM

Jan 2012
Awww man I hate this moment when I finish a show
anyway it was enjoyable I hope there's a season 2
Mar 3, 2013 10:42 AM

Sep 2011
Wait up, is anyone familiar with this scene? I don't even remember this even being apart of the series - it gives a "last episode" vibe. Does anyone know what episode this was from? :O

"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
Apr 14, 2013 11:42 PM
Sep 2012
I know its a pairing that should probably never happen ... but when I saw Blue Rose reading that "how to seduce a single dad" book i about spit up my drink the internal cheer I wanted to let out.
Apr 24, 2013 2:20 PM

Feb 2012
clammer said:
I know its a pairing that should probably never happen ... but when I saw Blue Rose reading that "how to seduce a single dad" book i about spit up my drink the internal cheer I wanted to let out.
Same lol best part of the episode if you ask me, that being said this was a really good anime more then worth the watch.
May 14, 2013 4:05 AM

May 2010
Monochrome said:
~ The lack of Lunatic. He turned out to be one of the most interesting characters, but barely did anything. What a waste.

I agree with every word! I even say he turned out to be definitely the most interesting character, but for some reason the creators just put him out of the scene, which I cannot comprehend. It would be great to see him in action, and he has so much potential for it! There are so many possible scenarios. In the end, one can't really form an opinion on him: was he a typical psychopath (certainly not), or could he become something else?

We can only hope he will have his time in the continuation (the movie?), for he deserves to be the centre of attention.
Jul 6, 2013 2:13 AM

Jul 2009
wow fucking love this episode!!

although i wouldn't mind them killing Kotetsu, Barnaby already suffered enough so im glad he turned out okay!!!

lol Agnes surprising everyone!!!

im glad she saw the light, though i don't know how the other members regain their memories?

Kotetsu should have punched maverick some more!!

lol he came back from hell XD

that Kotetsu guy!!

glad Maverick got burned to hell!!

we need more Lunatic screen time!

he didn't do much at the end and only killed Maverick

The Heroes are back now!!!

Blue Rose is one of the main reasons i started watching this show out of my backlog!!!

really love her design soo freaking cool and sexy!!

and that baby face!!

i knew Ben and Saito would be buddies!! though Ben is now the head of the organization?!?! O___O

despite Tiger and Barnaby retiring, i guess Tiger just can't give up being a super hero huh? :D

im glad Kaede understands, though i hope Kotetsu would teach the new aspiring generation on how to become a super hero!!!

im sure they'll learn alot from him as the veteran of the area!!!

and Barnaby just can't leave Kotetsu huh?

im glad both him and Kotetsu are back!!!

even if Kotetsu is a one minute tiger XD

yeah it seems we still don't know what Ouroboros is and who are the members and why are they trying to control the city?

and why did Barnaby's parents died? though it's probably just Maverick going insane.

i hope the movies progresses the story, the first movie is based on the first two episodes with more emphasis on Kotetsu's grief about his wife's death.

good, but i was hoping we would know what Ouroboros is?

there's still another movie, but i hope they make another movie or second season that features more Barnaby/Kotetsu or eve Lunatic and Blue Rose :)

while the show was slow at the start, it really picked off after the Jake arc.

would give this a 9/10!!!!

more Tiger & Bunny please!!!!!!
Jul 6, 2013 4:34 PM

Apr 2010
My my- I knew I can believe in Kotetsu! Such thing wouldn't have finished him off!!

I hate it that this is the last episode and I want more Tiger & Bunny! I hope they make a second season even with Kotetsu's one minute power limit!

Maybe in the second season there'd be a way to fix it somehow...? I hope!

I think Yuri has made his way to my heart. That Maverick deserved to be burnt to death-- he was useless now! Total waste of space- I've come to understand his sense of justice now. . . .

I'm going to check other things related to them now!

Currently I'm debating whether to give it a 9 or 10- I really enjoyed it but I truly hoped the fighting scenes were more...intense maybe?
Jul 9, 2013 3:17 PM
May 2013
I kinda wished Lunatic had more screen-time, he was a total badass. To be honest I thought Kotetsu's power was incredibly dull. 5 minutes of "100x" strength? Not only is his power limited to 1 use per hour, he didn't even seem to gain that much power at all. Overall the series was alright, I enjoyed it. What I wanted to see was more of Lunatic, a more interesting power for Kotetsu and more interaction with his daughter Kaede. Interested in seeing what happens next, whenever that comes.
Oct 16, 2013 8:24 AM
Mar 2012
Hi! Does anyone can tell me in whitch volume the anime ended? Thanks ^^
Oct 28, 2013 7:36 PM

Jan 2013
It was pretty predictable at some scenes, but I enjoyed it very much!

lol @ Blue Rose at the end. :D

Kotetsu kept his promise <3 aww

I would like to see another season of this anime, since there are many questions left unanswered. >.>
no
Dec 2, 2013 10:56 PM

Oct 2012
Thank you Creators.
This shall forever be in my heart.
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Jan 8, 2014 11:19 AM

May 2012
I have not seen anything this good for long time

10/10
Mar 13, 2014 2:57 PM

Jul 2012
Great show. 8/10 Wish this show had more - wanted to learn more about Ouroboros, have a resolution for Lunatic, and........

WAIT. WTF WAS THE LAST PART AFTER THE ED. I DECLARE AN EXPLANATION. Dammit, they pulled a Shingeki no Kyojin - throwing a plot twist at the end of the season. -.-

Anyway, I wish Tiger's power would be more interesting but I loved the underdog part about his character. It really made him more interesting than an overpowered main character (cough Sword Art Online cough). The plot felt slightly tedious after the Jake arc, but I still was very entertained. I must say that they overdid the "everyone loses memories" arc a bit but at least Kaede saved the day. Oh right, fun characters and good comedy. Will look at the sequel sometime soon.
Mar 19, 2014 7:06 PM

Jul 2013
Stupid that writer won't let a character die, but I guess I am kinda relieved as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2014 11:36 PM
Aug 2011
I loved this series, it was amazing. There should be a season 2, because of the end credits scene with the dollar turning into an oroboras logo. Also why couldn't Kaede touch Maverick and then have his mind turn back too normal?
Apr 20, 2014 12:34 PM

May 2012
OMG. I really didn't expect that I'd like this series. Shocks.

BTW. Anyone noticed the brown haired girl? I think she has a mole or two on her face, I forgot where. I think somewhere around the eyes? Not sure tho. She's been everywhere but she's not introduced yet. I'm curious... Is there season 2?
Apr 20, 2014 3:01 PM

Jul 2012
sheidesu said:
BTW. Anyone noticed the brown haired girl? I think she has a mole or two on her face, I forgot where. I think somewhere around the eyes? Not sure tho. She's been everywhere but she's not introduced yet. I'm curious... Is there season 2?

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=701523
No S2. Just two sequel movies.
May 29, 2014 3:20 AM

Jul 2012
Tiger coming back from the dead was cliché, but still pretty darn awesome. I wish he'd retired for real though. Go home and be a family man, Kotetsu.
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
Jun 13, 2014 6:34 PM

Mar 2009
I had the feeling that Lunatic was going to show up toward the end. So while the other Nexts are heroes, he considers himself to be the ultimate executioner. Interesting.
Good to see Tiger and Bunny getting on their nerves as usual.
So judging from the dollar bill I guess that they'll be a season 2.
Jun 13, 2014 6:35 PM

Mar 2009
I had the feeling that Lunatic was going to show up toward the end. So while the other Nexts are heroes, he considers himself to be the ultimate executioner. Interesting.
Good to see Tiger and Bunny getting on their nerves as usual.
So judging from the dollar bill I guess that they'll be a season 2.
Jun 22, 2014 1:23 PM

Nov 2012
Ouroboros = Illuminati

Jun 22, 2014 6:48 PM

Sep 2013
That was a pretty awesome finale, i hope they make a second season because they totally left it open for one.
Jul 5, 2014 10:00 PM

Oct 2012
Some might scream "cliché" and consider Kotetsu's "revival" completely predictable, but I was soooo relieved when he stood up. By far one of the most entertaining characters in any anime I've ever watched, and it would've been terrible to kill him off.

Loved this from the beginning to the end. Pure fun. 9/10, the story and the music weren't all that great, but the characters, the art and overall enjoyment were at the max.
Aug 3, 2014 6:30 PM

May 2012
Pretty lovely way to end off this series I must say, quite good he wasn't actually dead and that he did find himself going back at the Hero business even if his power diminished to 1 minute use only :p

I quite liked this whole series and at first I didn't think this anime would be that good but it sure changed my opinion along the way with some great action, characters and story development! All in all a great anime I must say with a fun and quite lovely concept! 9/10
Aug 7, 2014 10:53 AM
Sep 2013
It was pretty great. Didn't do much new but it was a well executed serie. 8/10

Hoped he would have stayed with his daughter at the end though... It's not like theres a shortages of heros.
Nov 29, 2014 7:56 AM

Jul 2014
This anime is going up on my top favorites!

It's so unique from the art to the animation, and the story from start to finish just sucked me in and kept me there. I enjoyed every minute of it!

I'm glad I watched this~
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Mar 5, 2015 12:54 AM

Nov 2013
Glad I decided to watch this anime. I was skeptical at first but it pulled through in the end!

Seeing Kotetsu rise from the dead and slugging Maverick in the face was badass. Kotetsu's so fucking GAR.

Some people are going to probably be angry the writers didn't kill off Kotetsu but I'm glad he didn't die. He's too good of a character to be killed off.

GET REKT MAVERICK

Good job Lunatic for killing Maverick. That bastard deserved it for all the shit he put Kotetsu through.

Oh Blue Rose... You still have a lady boner for Kotetsu.

Kotetsu's now a complete joke of a hero. XD

Nice way to end it. Curious as to what was up with that dollar bill in the epilogue.

8.5/10 for the ending. A solid 8/10 for this anime.

I just wish Rock Bison and Fire Emblem got some character development. We learned nothing about their past by the end.
FunnyRatmanMar 5, 2015 12:57 AM

Mar 15, 2015 3:56 PM

Mar 2014
Overall, 8/10-9/10 for me. Some of the episodes covering more on other heroes were pretty funny, and Lunatic's gestures were definitely epic and grabbed my attention.

I am kind of disappointed with the way they led us on with Lunatic, and then dropped him into oblivion, only to have a few more vain appearances for convenient kills.

The first few episodes were a bit slow for me, and the show got a bit cliche for me towards the end. It kind of irked me that their foreshadowing for a sequel was a bit overdone. Without the ending, I'd probably would have given this a 9 to a 10.
Apr 12, 2015 7:45 PM

Sep 2013
Solid ending, but left some holes open.

Waiting for a second season.
May 3, 2015 4:38 PM

Jul 2007
That was quite something. I'm quite satisfied with the series in general. I loved how there was proper character development, everyone got their time/episodes/arc (guh guh Bison) and at the same time the main plot advanced. There was some twists too here and there and I although I guess most of the fights were average at best there were a few that were quite outstanding. Animation was cool through the whole series besides Bunny vs Tiger fight... I dunno what the heck happened there but shit that was sloppy. I expected an ending with Kaede becoming a heroe or something but instead we got a sequel announced!!! Time to watch the movie ^^
Aug 17, 2015 12:55 PM

Jun 2014
The fighting scenes were good in this anime. Very nice Power Rangers rip-off. 2/10
Dec 16, 2015 12:05 AM
Jun 2013
ya know for an evil master mind maverick sure can be stupid and he sure got his at the end. everyone hug up on tiger! Looks like after a year blue rose still is in love with tiger. touching moment for bunny at his parents grave and tiger still being awesome even with 1 minute powers.

LOVED THIS SERIES! I was hooked after episode 1 and didint want it to stop. Now gatta see the sequel movie and I hope this gets another season.
Jan 2, 2016 3:52 PM

Jul 2015
Lunatic was the best character
Feb 2, 2016 12:55 PM
Feb 2016
Good gosh this is old..... Still no second season but there is that 2nd movie, only good for some character development. I agree that they clearly wanted a second season, did no one see Maverick clearly projecting his mind out? I think he just took over someone else. They didn't even go into any detail about blue rose and tiger, that's a problem.
Jun 3, 2016 3:15 AM

Jul 2013
Um....Kaede should have just copied Mavericks power and then restored his memory.

Or perhaps they would have tried it later. Who knows.
Jul 21, 2016 10:56 AM

Oct 2012
Seriously nothing wrong with Blue Rose
Love just doesn't recognize age
But sigh people these days

So the final story is the 2nd movie?
Should check that out I guess
So many questionable things

The story is good, but kinda... well I can read it
Like how Lunatic killed Maverick, that's kinda predictable
But still I enjoyed this show
Now I can't just let it go, before ouroboros is destroyed :(
"Signature removed"
Mar 5, 2017 10:49 PM
Sep 2015
Wow, aside from that brief time helping Wild Tiger get away from the other heroes, Lunatic was completely worthless, wasn't he. All he did was hurt (and possibly kill) a bunch of innocent guards in order to kill a vegetable.

Why did nobody think of trying to use Kaede's powers restore Maverick so he can be investigated?
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Monochrome - Apr 2, 2011

147 by DanEndra_Tensei »»
Dec 17, 2023 5:27 AM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Paiguy - Jun 18, 2011

93 by Destroyer31 »»
Sep 4, 2023 8:36 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Torisunanohokori - Apr 23, 2011

87 by CheriCake »»
Feb 3, 2023 2:07 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 10, 2011

154 by Ranxomare »»
Feb 2, 2023 12:12 AM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chalis - Sep 3, 2011

69 by Ranxomare »»
Feb 1, 2023 11:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.