Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 17, 2011 9:07 AM
Jun 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Now people know Tokiya's identity and omg not even the teacher's now about Tokiya' s identity & yay they're all going to debut.
vanissa45Sep 17, 2011 9:13 AM
Sep 17, 2011 10:40 AM

Jul 2011
I hate the headmaster! How dare he try to take Haruka away from the group. Her song is probably way better than this "God of Composers".
-.-

But alltogether a great episode :)

1 left! Cant wait :D
Sep 17, 2011 10:53 AM

Dec 2010
I wrote this for the previous episode, but I guess it can apply to this one too.

RainbowMagnet said:
I guess I'm one of the few people who found this episode absolutely boring, but that might be because I don't really care that much for Tokiya and his Hayato crisis. I do really like Mamo though, but Tokiya is just ugh...

I do wonder who the god of composers is, but we'll probably get a cliche ending where Nanami writes a song that surpasses his.
Sep 17, 2011 11:16 AM

Jul 2011
it was so dramatic that it was funny. And headmaster want to destroy Haruka's harem!

Why so many about Tokiya? I want Ittoki! He's so cute ^^

So, last episode? I wonder what song Haruka write... Because everybody knows that it will be good end. (Or maybe it will be good if she fail? She's so greedy... Keeping all bishies to herself ;p)
Sep 17, 2011 11:19 AM

Jun 2011
RainbowMagnet said:
I wrote this for the previous episode, but I guess it can apply to this one too.

RainbowMagnet said:
I guess I'm one of the few people who found this episode absolutely boring, but that might be because I don't really care that much for Tokiya and his Hayato crisis. I do really like Mamo though, but Tokiya is just ugh...

I do wonder who the god of composers is, but we'll probably get a cliche ending where Nanami writes a song that surpasses his.

yeah I wonder to.
Sep 17, 2011 11:41 AM

Nov 2007
Is the song playing from the beginning by Haruka? Anyways, she calls for Tokiya/HAYATO.

Hayato = Tokiya has been revealed publicly. Everyone's either shocked or excited. ST☆RISH is even more shocked that Haruka knows about it. Now they are thinking whether to keep Tokiya or not.

Tokiya's finally back. He apologized for not telling, and told them the truth.

Tokiya asked Haruka again to let him sing her song. Even others finally approved. lol~ Shining's looking from the monitor again!! He even made a CM for the guys! He led them pass without doing the test and debut early! But not including Haruka (replacing with God of composer).

This... ummm.. personally-thinks-it's-funny-for-some-reason anime ends next ep.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 17, 2011 12:00 PM

Jul 2011
Aw, I'll be sad that next episode will be last. I want more Syo-chan. T~T

On another note, I saw this coming in a way. I didn't expect her to get cut, but I did expect she would be challenged... I think it's obvious enough that she'll beat the "God of Composers" because she's the protagonist (or atleast win the principal over or something). I bet she dates Ichinose too.

Oh, and just to put it out there, Syo-chan's outfit this episode was... eh. T-T
Sep 17, 2011 12:16 PM

Sep 2010
Hm, it was the first ep. of UtaPri that I didn't like — too much talking and false drama.
Sep 17, 2011 1:25 PM

Feb 2010
It was ok I guess. I liked the previous episodes more though, as this one had somewhat awkward drama that didn't convince me at all.
And yeah, most likely she'll write a song that surpasses that "God of Composers" songs, lol.
Sep 17, 2011 2:30 PM

Jan 2011
The headmaster is so retarded.
Sep 17, 2011 2:56 PM

Sep 2008
Of course Nanami can compose something better since God certainly does not know those 6 hotties better than she does.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 17, 2011 2:58 PM

Aug 2011
i really dont like it that the anime is going to end after the 13th episode:( cuz i really want cecil to appear again.. and when do we get to see kaoru..syo's twin brother?? i wanna know who would be together with nanami as a couple too (probably ichinose);) i also want to know who this 'God of Composers' is:P but really nanami is the best for the group.. cant be replaced. plus i really love all of those guysXD
Sep 17, 2011 3:50 PM

Jun 2008
the helll ????????

he is going to change nanami as a songwriter oh my god

guys don't let him pleaseeeeeee
Life is bittersweet can you live with that?
Sep 17, 2011 3:51 PM

Jun 2011
Eh, I started to think "I'm sensing deja vu" right when Haruka started chasing the dove outside and then saw Tokya... Then when everyone appeared watching them I went like "... 0_0 Ooh, decision time."

0_0 And now... I REALLY like Sho's hot-headed attitude.
-_- But Ren.... GOSH, REN PISSES ME OFF!

0_0 That part where Saotome announced that they were "princes", I blushed SO HARD when the pictures came up.

For some reason, I'm not that fond of this episode so far, it's just so... I dunno. I just don't think it's that good. It's not bad, and I tend to like drama, but... It's a bit forced to me, they laid it on a bit thick.
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
Sep 17, 2011 4:00 PM
Aug 2011
i seriously liked the episodes better XD no offence but like does anyone else wanna hit the headmaster ?! nanami practically made the group come together made the headmaster realize their potential and makes this awesome song for them and now shes gonna be cut cause of some "god" if this god was so good why didnt he find these guys and made them realize all this shizz like comeone you dont do that !!!!!!!!! XD my bad .... went a little off there
Sep 17, 2011 4:46 PM

Aug 2010
Idk I don't think the headmaster is really gonna replace her. He probably just wants to test her to see if she can write something better.
Sep 17, 2011 10:40 PM

Feb 2010
The headmaster is just a #winning troll...

he knows Nanami will write a killer song... hes just testing her/forcing her so she'll crank it out!! Cause he knows that bitch will take her sweet time being all angsty and shit...

He knows what's UP.

headmaster ftw
Sep 17, 2011 10:46 PM
Jul 2018
MusashiRose said:
The headmaster is just a #winning troll...

he knows Nanami will write a killer song... hes just testing her/forcing her so she'll crank it out!! Cause he knows that bitch will take her sweet time being all angsty and shit...

He knows what's UP.

headmaster ftw

Norio Wakamoto for president.
Sep 17, 2011 11:39 PM

Nov 2007
Norio Wakamoto is good at being the funny bad guy.

Yeah, I want to know about Syo's twin brother!! (at this point, I don't think he will appear in the anime, though)
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 18, 2011 12:54 AM

Jan 2010
I see cliche ending coming....
Sep 18, 2011 2:03 AM

May 2009
Saotome speaks as if he's puking everywhere, all the time too.
Lmao. It makes me sick when he speaks for long periods of time. Gah!

What a CHEEEEESY episode! GAWD!! Especially that "argument". Ittoki appears real stupid there. First he's all angry and then he jumps up with excitement "All right! Let's all rehearse for the audition!" *punches him in the face*

"I love.... the songs you make!"
*spits on Ichinose*
I hate this series. It's so stupid and damn annoying with all those idiotic dialogues. It's gonna end up with Haruka going all, "Arigatou, minna-san! I love you all. Thanks for making this idiotic series a wonderful experience for me! Boo-hoo-hoo!"

X(

At least get yourself a boyfriend outside the academy to appease the audience! >.<

Okay, so I got carried away at the rant...
Syo made it a bit better by reserving his anger and not converting it into a stupid grin like the others did. Thank you.
And the end was good. GO! Saotome for making Nanami wobble-wobble! :P

Well, at least we get to hear another song. Yay for surprise song!
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Sep 18, 2011 2:34 AM

Aug 2011
I must be alone. I quite liked the episode. Ichinose redeemed the trust of his partners (with a creepy headmaster eavesdropping!). The guys all made up ;) yaaay! and now the boring bits..
Ofc Haruka needs to push herself a bit more, she's been wasting far too much time trying to please everyone around her. The principal surprised me, but it was quite obvious whenever he's involved not everything is as straight forward as you'd like it to be.

It's sad to think the final episode of this series will be Haruka doubting herself and having all her 6 guys fight for her to continue on! Yes, Haruka will surpass this God of Lyric or whatever this guy is called!! Then farewell UtaPri <33
Do not feed the trolls! They bite ;D
Sep 18, 2011 5:36 AM

Feb 2009
I had no idea this series was still airing! :o I was watching it with the thought that I could watch all episodes in one run.. but no.. I was wrong.

Ah well, now I can honestly say that I am starting to hate the ' I LOVE.. the songs you make', anti-climax much?

And surely Nanami will surpass the god.. but who is this god of lyric?
Sep 18, 2011 9:54 AM
Jan 2011
You know there is still the final episode to go, it's probably a sure thing that it will have a happy ending, but, we can't expect that Haruka is gonna choose somebody to her love interest, though I would prefer Otoya to be her love interest.
Sep 18, 2011 12:48 PM

Sep 2007
What was with all the drama Tokiya, geez. Overall, I liked the episode, but it's definitely not the best one so far.

You don't have to be a genius to know that next week they will air a really cliché last episode in which everyone gets a happy ending. Tokiya will possibly be even more dramatic than this week, which is nearly impossible but I bet they will pull it off, and Haruka will get her wish of everyone basking in a rainbow-coloured cloudless transcending wave of music creating harmony and peace and happiness blahblah. She will fix some kinda song together, and this time when Shining Saotome hears it he will get the biggest boner ever, and all will be good. Tadah, there we have our ending. I hope I'm wrong, but seeing as this series has been really cliché 'till now, I don't think they will change that in the last episode.

But though I don't think this week's ep was worth much, I did laugh from time to time.
Tokiya saying the exact same thing as Otoya did was just great. :'D
''Nanami-san, I love...''
-everyone holds their breath hoping for a 'you'-
''...the music that you make!''
LOL. Haruka, this proves even Tokiya doesn't want you as his girlfriend. So get your ass out of that academy now, plox.
Also, Shou's outfit wasn't really that fabulous. I hope he doesn't wear that again, certainly not at his debut. 'Cause he will scare away his fans if he does. :'D
HiinaMar 22, 2019 5:15 PM
Sep 18, 2011 2:12 PM

Jul 2011
Personally, I loved the episode and thought it was probably the best yet.

Parts were so funny it was epic and the rest was pretty good too. The drama was over the top, sure, but it's not like it didn't have a place. Only real complaint is that it might have been a little long.

Didn't really know why everyone would be so upset but Syo did have a point. They have been working really hard to that point and putting in a lot. Tokiya not so much seeing as how he didn't show up a lot or if he did he was late.

Taking Haruka out of it seemed like a really stupid decision on Saotome's part. Wanting her to write for them is pretty much the only thing they all agreed with. They've all gone out of their way to pick her music already. Can't see how any, let alone all, would dump her now. Would be shocked if a huge thing didn't happen where at least some refused to go on without her.

On a side note since the school thing seems past now that opens up to chance of relationships now, right? Don't know if it will actually happen with any of them, especially with one episode left but it's possible now. Yes?
TanrimSep 18, 2011 2:15 PM
Sep 18, 2011 2:24 PM
Apr 2011
I hope this wasn't one of those 24 ep series that seemingly got cut to 13. Seems like a potential plot extension had they been given more air time which will now lead to a lame ending. Well maybe they'll have a season 2? Although the plot potential isn't nearly as close than it was with "C"

This episode was pretty awesome lawls...So many forced dramatic moments to the point of ridiculous hilarity. I ate it up but seriously it's just funny.

-Tokiya collapse
-the president (who I thought was Tokya's father) collapsing.
-Random Tokiya confession to Haruka:

"Daisuki desu..." *GAAAASSSP! OMG THE FORBIDDEN "NO FALLING-IN-LOVE-W/YOUR-PARTNER" POLICY!*
"anata no tsukuru kyoku ga..* oh what? a fake out...

-And then Ren railing on Tokiya just to see him cry a little more. Sneaky bastard.
-The amazingly colorful searchlights
-debut before graduation was a little unexpected.
-Did not expect Nanami to not be included in the debut with them.

A pretty good episode in my opinion in terms of entertainment.
Sep 18, 2011 9:07 PM

Aug 2011
-the president (who I thought was Tokya's father) collapsing.

A pretty good episode in my opinion in terms of entertainment.

LOL I thought the prez was his dad too! XD
Do not feed the trolls! They bite ;D
Sep 18, 2011 10:10 PM

Jan 2010
Am I the only one who thinks this "God Of Composers" is gonna be Cecil? Cause if it is I'm just gonna laugh because of the irony. He helps her make her decision of partnering with all 6 of them then he'll break them up oh rofl =P But I just want/think it will be him... Meh most likely wont be though :/

And dang I guess we dont meet Kaoru who is supposedly Syo's twin...? That sucks I really wanted to meet him :( He'd be oh so fucking cute :D

The drama did seem way forced... And Ren is just annoying -_- But the moment they started focusing on Haruka and her saying she'll try even harder I knew they were about to get sucker punched from the Principle dude~ Haha all he cares about is Success so Harukas gonna have to beat this awesome composer, though I think it's fairly obvious she will, then we'll get the cliche ending <3

I love the principles creepy smile at the end of the ep where he said "Utapri~ Watch again next week de blah blah" it was so weird and crazy looking!
MahouShoujoLainSep 18, 2011 10:14 PM
Sep 18, 2011 10:41 PM

Jul 2008
I felt like nothing happened the entire episode. The group is going to debut and there is a final challenge for Nanami, but most of the episode was cheesy drawn-out arguments and reconciliations.
Sep 19, 2011 3:39 AM

Jun 2008
IchigoParfait7 said:
Am I the only one who thinks this "God Of Composers" is gonna be Cecil?

No, you're not the only one.
If I recall it right, I remember that Shining mention something about a kitten god or something. But then again that refers to Haruka. Still I want to believe it refers to Cecil as well?
Sep 19, 2011 4:32 AM

Apr 2009
Mimiko said:
IchigoParfait7 said:

I thought so too but we'll see on the last episode. I realized we haven't seen the black cat ever since he manifested himself as Cecil.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Sep 19, 2011 9:20 AM

May 2011
GarLogan78 said:
I felt like nothing happened the entire episode. The group is going to debut and there is a final challenge for Nanami, but most of the episode was cheesy drawn-out arguments and reconciliations.

second that option. And tokiya was waaaaaay too dramatic for his stone face hahahahaha.

and yeah i too think that maybe the god of composers can be Cecile. since he's the only one who has not got any screentime after his one ep act as a flying human :P

But yeah i kinda liked him in that episode. He looked the coolest of all the guys actually >.< But then again i love to see Ittoki just as much. Darn these bishonen confusing my poor tinsy winsy heart.
Sep 19, 2011 11:45 AM

Aug 2010
well i admit the drama was quite lame >_> and the anti climatic-ness of it is even worse lol
only redeeming part was the amazing light show and Shining :3 he's pretty cool (despite the trolls)
im hoping next episode doesnt end up being with every guy encouraging Nanami for 20 minutes and leaves the last few minutes as the ending .__.;
Sep 19, 2011 10:32 PM

Feb 2010
They tried to show us some drama but they failed x_X
This episode was boring nothing really happened there.
Sep 20, 2011 5:58 AM

May 2010
Doesn't this seem...unnatural to anyone other than me i mean this series started great but now it is...going towards the wrong direction it isn't related with choosing anyone specifically but i think the story isn't going smoothly,it like they are making it go...
Sep 20, 2011 9:01 AM

Jul 2009
I'm so sick of the guys saying that they love her... songs! Just confess already, dammit!

Hiina said:
What was with all the drama, geez. Tokiya having his period or what? Overall, I liked the episode, but it's definitely not the best one so far.
[...]
Also, Shou's outfit wasn't really that fabulous. I hope he doesn't wear that again, certainly not at his debut. 'Cause he will scare away his fans if he does. :'D

This.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2011 7:19 PM
Sep 2010
The whole thing w/ the headmaster and the god of composers is probably "a challenge" from the headmaster because he knows Haruka is good enough... very cliche, but I'm not gonna lie I still love it! :)
Sep 22, 2011 2:50 AM

Jun 2008
nekonekogirl said:
I'm so sick of the guys saying that they love her... songs! Just confess already, dammit!

Damn right!

I knew he wouldn't confess right away, but I did had a tiny hope. After all, the anime did had this Tokiya x Haruka vibs. To be honest, I cheer for Ittoki more. <.<
Sep 22, 2011 5:53 AM

Jan 2010
I'm so tired of this show. At the beginning it was really cute and funny, but now... ugh it starts to become really boring. But there's only one episode left, and it makes me pretty sad
Sep 22, 2011 8:58 PM

Feb 2011
Darn them 大好き's! XD This is one series where 'canon' het doesn't bother me.

Tokiya showed a lot of emotion, huh? The other guys kind of annoyed me with the way they were putting Tokiya down, but if I put myself in their shoes, I can see where they're coming from, somewhat.

Aw, guess we don't get to see Shou's little brother before it's over.

Not sure about that ending, hmm.
眠れないのは君のせい
Sep 23, 2011 12:10 AM

Nov 2007
Ren pisses me off. So much. But now I like Shou even more. Shou. <3
(I still call him that. Because in my language, if you read "Syo" out loud... it sounds like he was an idiot.)

Dorama, Dorama. That was this episode all about. Oh well.
Sep 24, 2011 7:08 AM

Sep 2007
Even though I've been a big fan of the series since the beginning this episode in particular left me with a sort of "it's missing something" feeling (good thing I held off on watching this last week so that I only need to wait a few hours for the last ep....)

tofei said:
Mimiko said:
IchigoParfait7 said:

I thought so too but we'll see on the last episode. I realized we haven't seen the black cat ever since he manifested himself as Cecil.
The shadow didn't look like Cecil's....

Plus it's the same in the game...once you see Cecil as a human you never see him in any of the routes again. ((minus his own route of course))....

I have a sneaking feeling we might see Kaoru in the audience for a brief second (assuming the last ep will show the debut concert)....but lol...yeah it's just a sneaking feeling.
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Sep 24, 2011 9:08 AM

Apr 2011
"I love.... your songs!"

I didn't appreciate your trolling, Tokiya.
Sep 24, 2011 4:14 PM

Feb 2009
Gosh... Getting your debut because of Tokiya. Some great way to become famous. XD Kinda suckish episode, too much drama and I didn't like the ending of the episode with the headmaster excluding Nanami when she's had succes with writing songs for the group. But meh, I guess they really needed another episode so let's go with the flow.

Btw some of Nanami's facial expressions were really ugly/creepy this episode. XDDD Or this is the first time that I noticed and got annoyed by it.
Sep 26, 2011 3:21 PM

Mar 2010
Sooo melodramatic! Throw him a tissue! LOL Still I like episode, I'm a little ashamed of myself xD

Everyone know how will it end
Sorry for my English ^^' If you notice any mistakes, please tell me about it ^^ Thanks for corrections ^^
Sep 30, 2011 6:39 PM

Apr 2011
Am I only the only one thinking that the drama part was a bit too stretched?

I hate the headmaster for replacing Haruka for 'God of composer' as the group's composer. Well screw that god! Haruka will beat that guy.
Oct 2, 2011 12:15 AM

Dec 2009
Magito said:
Am I only the only one thinking that the drama part was a bit too stretched?

I hate the headmaster for replacing Haruka for 'God of composer' as the group's composer. Well screw that god! Haruka will beat that guy.

Exactly my thoughts! :T

Anyways, also, yeah - everyone was pretty annoying for putting down Tokiya like that. But, I guess if I was in their shows I would feel a little betrayed, too.
Nov 7, 2011 11:09 AM

Jun 2009
… yeah, coincidence that Haruka met Tokiya and everyone lolololappeared outta nowhere by another route. Riiight.

WHY TOKIYA, WHY.

“Nanami-san, there’s something I’ve been wanting to tell since long ago…”
I see where this is going, I do. But, will he dare to…?

“…and that is that I am in love…”
HOLY COW, HE SAID IT. IMPOSSIBLE. OH YES. I CAN’T BELIEVE IT, BUT WHAT.

“… with your music.”
( ̄■ ̄;)!? … damn it all. (╬。_。)… щ(ಠДಠщ╬) I SHOULD’VE KNOWN IT.

CONFESS ALREADY IF YOU GONNA DO IT, OTHERWISE SHUT YOUR MOUTHS, GUYS. WHY YOU TROLLING ME WITH THIS.

MAN, SHINING, YOU’VE GOT MONEY OOZING OF EVERY PORE. How the hell an academy can have all sort of lighting that join and make a projection?! Not even that, but that same projection is on every freaking TV of the world.

He’s trolllin’ Haruka, y’know. She’s gonna write an miraculously amazing song, beat the random God of Composers and everything will end happily over a pretty rainbow~

Only episode left~ How much melodrama can you put in?
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Nov 19, 2011 12:45 AM

Oct 2010
That I love... the music you make. is so deja vu. Really. The moment Tokiya said I love I knew it was going to end the same as Ittoki's "confession". ;~;

The headmaster is such a troll. But cliche ending is probably coming up anyway.
[insert awesome signature here]
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 3, 2011

78 by Netbug »»
Aug 24, 2023 11:28 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

vanissa45 - Aug 20, 2011

86 by Netbug »»
Aug 24, 2023 10:38 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

vanissa45 - Sep 24, 2011

137 by runa_niconi »»
Apr 10, 2023 11:02 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

vanissa45 - Sep 10, 2011

57 by hanakocheeks »»
Feb 25, 2023 3:54 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

vanissa45 - Aug 27, 2011

83 by hanakocheeks »»
Feb 25, 2023 3:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.