Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 4, 2015 5:46 PM

Oct 2013
This is a perfect example of why I love SoL so much. I rate it 9
Jul 31, 2015 1:20 AM

Jun 2012
My second Ghibli movie, and I loved it. Not the romance part, but the thing about chasing your dreams. I know it's cliched, but hey, this movie was so good that it almost felt like a live action movie. 9/10!!

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Aug 7, 2015 9:10 AM

Jul 2014
I have this HUGE grin on my face right now as I finished watching this movie.
Hats off to the makers! I just loved everything about this movie. The animation, character development, the magic in it...everything. Definitely one of my favourites.
"Will you marry me?" *~*
Damn, now I want a Seiji in my life <3
Nov 12, 2015 1:55 PM

Jul 2009
I enjoyed this more than I thought I would considering I don't usually like slice of life anime but this had a certain charm to it. I liked the love triangle (or chain?) going on throughout the film and Seiji was an interesting male protagonist compared to the normal cliche. The fantasy sequence was animated beautifully and it makes me look forward to watching The Cat Returns. Overall I rate it 7.5/10.
Nov 19, 2015 11:29 PM

Jul 2013
Wanted to watch this because I was wondering if there were any Ghibli films released during my birth year, and much to my joy this film was aired just a few days after I was born. :D

Definitely one of my favorites - Kiki's Delivery Service has the most sentimental value to me but this movie left a huge mark on me so it might come close. It's amazing how these movies demonstrate the beauty that love can create. :) And I love the childlike purity behind it - I think it'll serve as a reminder to always stay true to myself and keep following my dreams.

10/10 from me! Seiji's grandpa was a really unique character to get to know as well. I think what he said about being a rough and unpolished stone will stick with me, despite being in my 20s already. It's never too late to start and find inspiration!
Feb 2, 2016 9:56 AM

Apr 2014
Pretty much my favorite Ghibli Movie up until now. 9/10
Feb 7, 2016 3:28 AM
May 2015
The scene in Seiji's basement where he plays the violin while she sings her version of Country Road and later those htree smoothly join in and take in to the note is one of the most beautiful and wonderful and joy-bringing scene of any visual media I have ever watched.
Another scene I loved was when she first met his grandfather in his shop and he shows her the clock that he fixed.
The ending seemed a litlle too-much but I loved the scene where he showed up at her home and took her to the hill and they saw the sunrise (although it seemed a little 'seen-before' to me).
The moment where she finally breaks up and lets out all her suppressed emotions and tension on finally completing her work and showing it to gramps was pretty intense too.
InfernusFlazeFeb 7, 2016 3:33 AM
Mar 31, 2016 6:01 PM

Aug 2008
So no happy end for her friend? If they were going to spend the time with that particular drama I wish there would be some resolution one way or the other... but I guess that is nitpicking.

Not sure how I feel about the declaration of 14 yr olds declaring they'll marry each other in the future but I have to admit the movie is rather cute overall.
Sep 12, 2016 2:03 AM

Aug 2014
I just watched this for the first time today (its been out 20 years I'm so sorry ;-;) and this is by far my favourite Ghibli film. For me its less about the relationship and more about finding what you really want to do with your future.

Sure the 'Let's get married' thing was a little silly, but I truly believe they were in love each other and they're only middle-schoolers so I have no worries about.
Oct 17, 2016 10:57 AM
Jan 2016
Never fail to amaze me. After Re-watch it I still find it fantastic. 9/10
Sep 1, 2017 6:42 PM

Nov 2013
Really good movie, it was an interesting story about how inspiration can come from anywhere. It was a bit slow, but this was probably the most realistic Ghibli movie I've seen and inspiring even though it wasn't the most fun/exciting thing to watch.

8/10

I would have liked to see another movie of them in the future.
Sep 20, 2017 9:57 PM
May 2014
Beatnik said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Just a perfect little gem of a movie. (not from a shop either, but raw!)

Three moments I loved were:

# Seiji being asked to play the violin, with Shizuku singing, then the three guys join in with their instruments.

# Seiji and Shizuku on the roof with the entire class having followed them from the classroom, hilarious.

# "Will you marry me?"

EDIT: I should clarify by raw I meant the gem and not the anime, my Japanese isnt that good yet...ahem.

F u f u f u for spoiling
Nov 19, 2017 4:02 PM

Jan 2015
This movie has that nostalgic Ghibli vibe, there is passion in every detail.
That's what I love about these movies, it feels good to watch them.
Nov 21, 2017 6:40 AM

Dec 2015
This was the most boring and uninteresting Ghibli movie I've seen. Too grounded and too focused on brats in love. 2/10.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jan 19, 2018 3:14 PM

Oct 2015
The story had a potential to be great by displaying their progress later in life. For an example show them in future achieving or have fulfilled their goals and then they marry as Seiji suggested.

Shizuku would be publishing or published her novel "whisper of the heart" and Seiji would be having his craft shop where he crafts violins and other craftsmanships. Then they marry and throw in a baby, that would've made story romantic.

I felt the romance was weak and that they only threw in words like marriage ( for goodness sake they in middle school) and "I love you" to excite viewers and you all fell for it ( without scrutiny).

5/10 from me.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Feb 24, 2018 12:09 PM

Nov 2011
Although different from the Ghibli films seen so far, all very busy in the field of environmentalism and not only, I must say that I enjoyed it very much. Less dynamic than the various films of the master Miyazaki, it is still a beauty to see it, calm and pleasant. I'm sorry only for the final, I wanted something more, at least see if the two protagonists and not only would have put together and eventually married, oh well! Really beautiful sunrise in the final part and not only that. Interesting as Shizuku's mother bucks the consumerist society at the beginning of the film in the first few minutes, wow! If this was the first film directed by Kondou Yoshifumi, I'm sad knowing that it will be the only one, given the beauty of this film.

9/10
Feb 26, 2018 8:39 PM

Sep 2012
Guess I'm again one of the few that didn't like the movie that much.
But it was alright, I also liked the song.
6/10 from me
Trying to watch all available anime series so you won't have to anymore, the list of anime I can recommend is still in progress, tho
Mar 19, 2018 2:41 PM

Aug 2016
Let's say I am going through similar life experience and this movie was very inspirational as somehow nostalgic as well to me. It really got my feels. Longs story short, ending titles made me cry like a LITTLE BIATCH!

PS: So shame this debut of director was his last because of life tragedy. Movie had very personal and unique style of art and animation.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2018 12:17 PM

Feb 2017
The rooftop scene was really cute.
May 12, 2018 12:40 PM
Aug 2017
Okay... so first this was a movie about a book-loving girl who saw a book-loving boy's name on a book and we thought things would go on from there, although the girl's image wasn't a "book-loving girl" at all and instead it was a clumsy stupid girl who walked on the street dancing while there were cars coming and who followed a random cat all the way through the city for no goddamn reason.

Then it turned into a movie about a singing girl who wrote and translated songs. We thought she would either be an aspiring translator or a singer.

But then it was neither and it turned into the story of a girl who felt useless and jealous after seeing the talent of others, so she wanted a specialty of her own and she chose... writing? That was so out of the blue.

It felt like the person who wrote this couldn't decide between the themes of being a cute book nerd, singing, translating, playing instruments, writing and romance. So he combined all of it and made this really random movie. The theme shifted too many times and the character development was a bit off. There were a few nice metaphors such as the emerald, and how it might look less beautiful once it gets turned into something. But overall the movie felt really simple and pointless. I was pretty much like "...yep, that was a movie".
May 27, 2018 7:28 AM
Jan 2018
I expected much things for this film, like much fantasy scenes, that is típic by studio Ghibli. But it was much better than i thought! I simply loved it!!
Aug 31, 2018 11:00 AM

Aug 2014
disappointing..
Dec 26, 2018 10:16 AM

Dec 2016
A nice and sweet movie for sure and the way it plays into The Cat's Return is pretty cool too
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jan 16, 2019 1:09 PM

Sep 2011
I love this movie so much! It's not only my favorite Ghibli movie, but it might also be my favorite movie ever.

This story has so much to offer. It's about growing up, about hesitating and doubting as you try to find your path and get to know yourself while striving for it. It's also about friendship, family, and about falling in love. I love Shizuku, and Seiji's relationship so much, it's just so cute. He fell in love with her first, and started to read a lot of books because he knew she was a bookworm, and hoped she would eventually notice his name on the book cards, and his effort brought result! She got interested on him as well, and their meeting, the way they got close to each other, it was all so beautifully done.

One of my favorite moments is when she asks him to play the violin for her, and he says that he will do it if she sings the song she translated. It's just so heartwarming and so wholesome; especially when his grandfather arrives with his friends and it gets so, I don't know, festive and lively. Shizuku is also a pretty relatable, and likeable character, but it's not like she is perfect or anything, she just feels very real, just like Seiji to be honest, but he doesn't have the same amount of screen time. I'm all in for fantasies with flying castles, giant bugs, dragons, fantastical creatures, magic, and more; but if you ask me a movie like this one, a Slice of Life so well written and directed, is also magical, just in a different way and I think I prefer it.
Feb 5, 2019 2:51 PM

May 2016
The first thing I noticed about the poster was the cat man so I thought that it would be a straight up fantasy movie like a lot of other Ghibli movies but it ended up being like Totoro with the titular furry yokai making way less appearances in the movie than expected. It's actually better that the Baron made a more prominent role in another movie (in this case, The Cat Returns ) because the parts where Tsuki ran with him really felt out of place even if she was just trying to get a feel on how her novel should look like. I liked how it referenced other Ghibli movies like Porco Rosso in the clock.

It usually takes a while for a Ghibli movie to pick up with some being halfway into the movie and some being the last 15 minutes but this one's the former. For a whole hour, it felt like barely anything had happened but by the second half ends, a full two months had passed without obviously saying it to the viewer. This is more like a coming of age story than anything else so I appreciate its simplistic charm because it succeeded in making me feel all emotional and sentimental in parts throughout the movie. It has that nostalgic feel for some reason. It's quite unfortunate that Gramps and the Baron's story has yet to reach a satisfying conclusion so I hope that the time for them to meet their other half comes later than never.

The last scene reminds me of my own relationship ♡ There are so many things that come in between them in life but they still decided to set a long term goal both of them will hold onto right until they have done everything that's needed to be done. As they polish their own metaphorical rocks, their memory of each other stays within them as whispers of the heart.

Thank you, Country Roads: The Movie, very cool!

Feb 28, 2019 2:00 PM

Nov 2018
My God, the version I watched had such awful subs. I think it was actually the dub subtitles with a japanese audio? But rather mismatched and I was just :/ Became more tolerable once I figured out the deal with them but still would have preferred proper subs.
The movie itself was very nice and had a good message and that was the more important thing. The characters grew well esp. main ones and Shizuku in particular. Became quite likable by the end. Had some slow and almost oddly fast pacing here and there, but overall a good movie. Start was quite slow and that lasted for a while, mid-part was the strongest imo, when she discovered the antique shop all the way until she sang for Seiji and his grandparent n his friends joined, how it impacted her performance, was exciting. From then it was a battle of ups n slight lows. I liked the scenes when she showed determination with her checking her limits, and later when she made the grandfather read her novel right there and got all anxious, also with the grandfather's reviews latter, both sugercoated and honest and her reaction on that. Found Seiji's arrival to be a bit abrupt, but ended nice enough.
OrangeCloudsFeb 28, 2019 2:07 PM
May 16, 2019 7:10 PM

Sep 2017
I go into Studio Ghibli films with pretty high expectations because despite me having seen a very small amount of them, the critical acclaim the studio gets definitely gives them quite the reputation. And despite me WISHING I could find a reason to hate this movie... I just can't. I really enjoyed this movie. It wasn't perfect under any circumstance, but for its time period it looks awesome and it sounded amazing. I loved the characters and I loved the story this told (although them deciding to get married at such a young age was pretty ridiculous, almost certainly intentionally so). This is a movie that I would genuinely recommend to someone, and the people over at Ghibli did a damn good job. I'd give Mimi wo Sumaseba a low 8/10.

GytanzoJun 29, 2019 7:35 PM
May 25, 2019 9:48 AM

Sep 2018
This is a film of a completely different kind, here or almost, which is very different from the previous ones, having as a subject no longer magic in the broad sense, but a story that speaks purely of youth and the difficulties of growing and understanding one's own path to take; therefore, another piece that seems to reconnect this film with "Kiki's Delivery Service". The ecological message so dear to Miyazaki, is very clear and clear at the beginning of the film, in a dialogue between the mother of the protagonist and herself. The play of light and the scenographic effects are really beautiful here and highlight the great care in the drawings. Narration a bit slow, but the plot is not boring despite the rhythm. Too romantic the ending with the background song "Country Road", performed by Youko Honna, however in general the OST is beautiful even if there is no Joe Hisaishi, as in all past or almost. Excellent the direction of the late Kondou Yoshifumi.

9/10
May 28, 2019 4:11 AM

Oct 2013
Yep wtf is this poster it's false advertising at this point x'D
But it's better than what I expected, so it's all good.

Better re-watching The Cat Returns after this one I guess since it seem the cats are the same.
Oct 5, 2019 1:40 AM

Jun 2007
I truly did not see this coming. I had seen the Cat Returns and remember fondly of how I felt when I watched it. Which is why I was excited when I learnt that this movie was somewhat where the inspiration for the former.
I have seen quite a lot of Ghibli movies lately (most for the first time) in this marathon that I'm doing... and quite honestly, I did not think I would love this movies as much as I did.
It was so touching and relatable. I teared up a few times c':
I think it did splendidly in quite a lot of areas. The music was beyond amazing, whenever I hear that song I will automatically think fondly of this movie. The impromptu singing session has to be one of my favorite Ghibli movie moment so far <3
Also loved the characters, the protagonists were very likable. I love watching innocent love stories but that marriage proposal did come out of nowhere xD I would say that would be my only complain about the movie.
The beeeest thing thou... apart from introducing the Baron, hands down... the Grandpa!
His words of wisdom will stay with me (:

With all this said.. I think... Whisper of the Heart is my favorite studio Ghibli movie so far.. thou I am very BEYOND excited to watch Princess Mononoke... which is the next on the list (:!!!!!
I have huuuuge expectations to say the least
Dec 19, 2019 1:58 PM

May 2016
Classics always leaves you with satisfied look on your face 8/10
Mar 13, 2020 4:54 PM

Nov 2016
Porco Rosso reference on the clock
Mar 20, 2020 6:33 PM

Nov 2016
This was beautiful!

Simple, down to earth with great execution. And as pretty much all Ghibli movies, very atmospheric, I was immediately captivated and it didn't let me go till the end :)

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 2, 2020 11:26 AM

Nov 2019
An entertaining movie. 7/10
Apr 14, 2020 8:49 PM

Jan 2018
Now I get why people were saying that the ending of this Ghibli movie is rushed. Overall, I liked it especially that sudden "Will you marry me?" hahahaha
Jun 2, 2020 10:13 AM

Feb 2019
Well, it seems I've found a new favourite Ghibli movie! I watched Nausicaa last week and it became my favourite (out of three total watched including it though) Ghibli movie, but this one surpasses it by far! I always love romance and slice of life. And this was the first time I really felt that sort of feeling in a Ghibli movie.

I really liked how "Country Roads" was used here. Usually, I'm a bit skeptical about English songs in anime (one example being "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" in Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso), but it really fit here. Shizuku's rendition in Japanese was also really good, to the point where I could probably choose to hear the Japanese one!

I really liked the romance between Seiji and Shizuku too. More than once I found myself just grinning at these two lovebirds. It was also great to see each of them working hard towards their dreams, and even better to see how meeting each other helped move them forward in it, especially Shizuku.

The "Will you marry me?" part took me by surprise, because I don't see it that often. But I don't think it was weird or bad or rushed. I actually really liked it. Felt like something out of a fairy tale (a theme that seems to be present in the movie) and also felt just like a breather. These two wanted to commit to each other, even if it was going to take time. Felt something like from an age past. I read here on the forums that Miyazaki explained that part being about "these days young people never want to commit to anything, always putting off this and that for their careers and other things." And I really like their statement, in this modern world where people either don't get married because they don't want the commitment or they put it off until who knows how long. So I found the last bit very romantic!

8/10. A Ghibli movie I can finally say I do like, and maybe even love it.
Jun 12, 2020 5:58 PM
Apr 2020
Ston3_FreeN7 said:
I've never really been a fan of Miyazaki, as I didn't really like Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke as much as others have. But, I thought this was a much better movie. I thought the use of Country Roads was an excellent choice and fit the theme of the movie really well. I give this an 8/10, as I thought the ending was rushed as well.

I completely agree with you, glad to see someone with the same opinion as me out there!
Jun 29, 2020 11:50 PM

Jan 2012
I have vague memories of watching this around 2006 on Turner Classic Movies and liking it quite a bit. If it's possible I think I actually liked it even more just now. Deeply moving, touching, heartwarming, whatever word you wanna use. Quite possibly Top 5 Studio Ghibli. 9/10

And yeah, the ending was VERY abrupt, but I don't care damnit, just too cute! XD
Sep 10, 2020 10:29 PM

Aug 2018
A Ghibli film that wasn't made by either of 2 masters but still feels like it was. All the realism scenes in the film really reminds me of Takahata style and those beautiful scenes in dreams definitely have Miyazaki fingerprints all over them. This movie does many things good and takes on very serious topics other movies fail to fully display like existential crisis and regretting for not being the person you used to be. The simplicity makes this movie special

Also this is where the legendary Lofi girl was first shown. Which inspired whole Lofi radio on youtube.

I think this film is as good as previous Ghibli film I saw Porco Rosso and I'l also give this 8.6/10
Sep 29, 2020 11:24 AM

Jan 2010
Country roads, take me home
To the place I belong
West Virginia, mountain mama
Take me home, country roads

Memes ruined this movie for me. At least partially.

Starting off, the film is oddly indicative of technology used in libraries. As someone who has worked a library for a few years, arranging, handling, and keeping track of inventory by hand is miserable and time consuming. I suppose there's nostalgic value to the punch cards and such, but the dialogue feels like someone much older using much younger characters as mouth pieces to vent frustrations over the changing world. For example, Shizuku is way too young to be saying things like "why do we change" or "books don't even excite me like they used to," as she comes across as a hybrid of a melodramatic teenager and an old man lamenting his past and present.

There are also snide environmental remarks that don't really serve the plot in any particular way. Again, they just feel like offhanded complaints which, despite being valid concerns, seem out of place, spiteful, and detract from the story itself. Also, did Shizuku take credit for making "Take Me Home, Country Roads?" From what I can tell, the Japanese cover was made specifically for the film, and was performed by Shizuku's seiyuu, so while I guess it's fine, the way it's presented is certainly awkward in a self-indulging manner.

I don't get why Shizuku's parents let her do what she wants, as it seems kind of negligent. Realistically speaking, it would make more sense for the father to let her continue writing if she also keeps her grades up. Sacrificing one for the other gives the sense of an unfair ultimatum, so doing both seems like a fair compromise. It's fine to follow your dreams, but Shizuku should at least fulfill responsibilities she has toward herself and others. I guess she feels pressured due to Seiji's circumstances, but he has tangible and demonstrable skills. It doesn't help that Shizuku seemed engrossed with that image of an imprisoned violinmaker, but the idea of a tortured artist is a bit head-scratching. Also, that marriage proposal at the end was certainly abrupt.

I guess this film was supposed to be something of a coming-of-age story for Shizuku, who is uncomfortable with herself, uncertain of her future, and is in constant conflict with herself and others. She's in awe at Seiji's passion, and she thinks that by also becoming impassionately engrossed with something, she'd also find excitement and meaning in her life. This story has been done time and time again, but I suppose for as long as there are people uncertain with their lives, these stories will always be relevant. The film just seems...lukewarm? Half-baked? I think it had a direction, but it didn't really go all out. Whisper of the Heart just felt very matter-of-fact, to where I think it might have been more suitable for a short rather than a full film.

I suppose the subtleties of life, combined with the struggles of growing up, might make for an interesting film, but even as a fan of slice-of-life shows, Whisper of the Heart felt like it tried to protrude a sense of self-importance with its messages and themes, but without adequately exploring them. It feels like the film takes the appearance of observing the slow passage of the world while also being critical of life. It creates a world, remarks at its beauty in passing, insults it passive aggressively, and leaves off on a sudden marriage proposal. For a film about a girl trying to find enthusiasm in her life, Whisper of the Heart seemed to also lack enthusiasm for both the things it tries to exalt and admonish.
Oct 21, 2020 1:39 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
The violin scene was really great.
But I felt like the end was kinda rushed.

Still really liked this movie but not the best imo

Nov 2, 2020 7:28 AM

Jun 2020
What a beautiful coming-of-age story, I was brought to tears many times. It truly is beautiful, so many memorable scenes! I actually loved the ending, it’s bittersweet as obviously if it were to be realistic they probably wouldn’t even end up together, as foreshadowed by that grandpa’s love that didn’t have a happy ending, but such is life. They were such a sweet little couple though. Everyone was just so wholesome. I really liked Shizuku’s character, she’s very inspiring even though she’s just a teenager, I feel like I have learnt/realised a thing or two through her :’)

The credits showing people from different walks of life was a really nice touch. And they even included Yuuko & Sugimura in there!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Nov 13, 2020 6:47 AM

Mar 2020
Country Roooooooooooooooads! Take me home!

This was a little boring at the start, but it pulled me in gradually as I watched in. It was good movie!
Dec 22, 2020 9:25 PM

Mar 2012
i really love this movie, and i love how shizuku's parents are so undertanding and they really trust her, which is really rare, specially when you think about this movie being made in japan.
it's heartwarming and i don't really think the last scene was bad. i didn't see it as a serious proposal, to me it was more like a dream for him and she genuinely wanted the same thing at the time. and that's what matters here, it's a coming fo age story and that scene portrays what they were feeling at that time.
May 6, 2021 2:17 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Country roads is what brought me to watch this beautiful ghibli film. Loved the first rendition they used at the opening. The end credits one though, not so much, but it’s all just personal preference.

It’s chill, it’s slow, it takes it’s time, but it has every right to do so even though it’s just a simple coming of age story. Not really much to it but it’s done right and that’s all you need to do. Now it kind of ended abruptly for me at first, but when looking back, it actually really concluded after she talks with the old man and has those jumbo sized noodles lol. Then she goes back and tells her mother that she’s going to get her life back on track. It’s actually a nice, sweet, simple ending. What follows with the dude taking her away on a bike to watch the sunrise is just some bonus stuff that some people may have wanted to see.

All in all, I had some big smiles while watching this, especially when they all came together to sing country roads there in the workshop. When looking at the cover art I thought there was going to be super natural elements to this, which I would have preferred there not to be. Thankfully those images are just her book coming to life, and that the whole story is actually very much grounded in reality.

Only other ghibli film I’ve watched is spirited away, but even after just watching 2 you can already tell this man has made some quality stuff. I really appreciate all the little things, like how they animate her when she goes to turn off her lamp before going to sleep. It’s just so accurate but it’s easy to look over it. Anyway, really had a good time watching this. It’s 2am but I’m still wide awake just thinking about it. Really liked it, would give it a 6.5/10 but there’s no decimal rating on MAL (yet!) so I think I’ll choose it to be a 7/10 which I think it absolutely deserves.

Edit: also is this the origin of LOFI GIRL, LOL???!!!

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 8, 2021 1:09 PM

May 2019
The best non-fantasy but wholesome movie of Miyazaki.

The pace is fluid and the message behind the history is amazing. It hit hard the feels of anyone who tried once to create art.

The end is typical Ghibli: without a epilogue, abrupt.

"let's marry!" (after the 2 really met for a couple days only) aaaaand finished.

But it is kinda a charm of Ghibli adaptations.

The best part was the violin song. That is PURE CINEMA, magic moment.

Jun 8, 2021 7:07 AM
Jul 2019
no one could understand Shizuku's art of sin
I can't wait to continue
can someone explain to me how this comes 12 views 23 comms and 122 thanks🤔
Jun 10, 2021 9:48 PM

Aug 2020
This film is now apart of me i adore it sooooooooooooo much 10/10
Jun 14, 2021 3:18 PM

Jan 2021
One of my favorite Ghibli movie.
It never gets old.
Jun 25, 2021 8:01 AM

Mar 2021
omg I would give sooooo much to live there. Idk why but Studio Ghibli movies make me wanna travel back in time and move to Japan. ughhhhhh
about the movie : it was good but lost me for a bit towards the end. but I enjoyed it
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Very overrated

xONLYINHUMANx - Jul 9, 2023

22 by KayKimii »»
Jul 13, 2023 9:43 PM

» Dub Discussion

JTurner - May 2, 2009

12 by jamsndu84 »»
Jul 29, 2022 4:11 AM

» Where tf did yall watch this

doodlenoodle613 - Jun 12, 2021

20 by MrFanatic »»
May 13, 2022 7:11 PM

» Giving proper kudos to Yoshifumi Kondo

T-Wazoo - Dec 3, 2021

1 by iDenisade »»
Dec 3, 2021 9:25 PM

» OMG

Cloudrayne - May 31, 2007

41 by MoustacheDino »»
Jun 18, 2021 10:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.