Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 15, 2011 10:04 AM

Oct 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode was really plot heavy, and finally it was Haruka's episode.

Producer announces that he has a live show booked, so all the idols get to practicing. They start learning a new song, and the dance too. Haruka has some troubles, so she works hard to improve herself. Yukiho also stumbles a bit, but Takane and the other girls help her.

The insert song was "Waratte!", which is an extra character song for Haruka and released on the Spring album.

Chihaya also helps Haruka with practicing, and even lets her sleep over. Chihaya's apartment is really bare and depressing. And there's a photo of her with her little brother. Hinting at some stuff from the 2nd game.

This episode I noticed they used a Aoi Tori piano arrange, and a Go My Way arrange too.

At the end, Miki is really proud of herself and asks Ritsuko is she's ready to join Ryuuguu Komachi. Ritsuko just stares at her like "what are you talking about...?" And Miki goes silent and just walks off. Hopes crushed. She later sends a text to Producer saying "LIAR". DRAMA. The producers weren't lying when they said the middle episodes would start getting dramatic.

The ED song this time is "START!!", Haruka's character song from the Master Artist 2 series.

Next episode looks like it will be more practicing, and there were some shots of Miki getting interviewed too.

This episode was great, advancing the plot, and was really focused on the idols working hard. Looking forward to the next, because I'm wondering what Miki is gonna do. I kind of want to see her make Project Fairy. (Project Fairy was the unit Miki, Hibiki, and Takane were part of in the SP games.)
OustoSep 15, 2011 10:09 AM
Sep 15, 2011 11:46 AM

Nov 2008
Man that choreography routine is harsh, I'm glad to see the idols working hard and it paying off. Poor Haruka she sprained her ankle and poor Miki, she can't even join Ryuuguu Komachi.

Sep 15, 2011 12:56 PM

Dec 2010
Damn, I feel so bad for Miki ><.

Judging from the preview though, it looks like she is ditching 765pro.

Edit: 30-sec preview for episode 12, not that anyone cares though :x.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XxGsw4AGqjY
RainbowMagnetSep 20, 2011 12:50 PM
Sep 15, 2011 1:48 PM

Oct 2010
awwww beauuutifullll ep. And not just because of haruka.
It showed everything from the view of idols, training, school etc.
And what a harsh way it is. And they are still trying their best, I love it totally. <3
Sep 15, 2011 2:09 PM

Oct 2010
There was lots of drama in this episode mainly shrouded in the shadows.

About Kisaragi Chihaya, let me guess if I got this straight but if I do not please PM or someone do tell me if I got it wrong that knows the answer. First impression of Chihaya’s place here is that it looks like a normal living quarter building that’s not rich nor poor. What really made me WTF + O_O is in the spoiler
boxes not unpacked nor the utensils are much other than being in wrapped plastic bags. Most of all is that the boxes are used as shelves to put things on them. Among those things the following picture,

Apparently it proves that Chihaya has a younger brother. I noticed right away when Chihaya made this impression as soon as Yayoi mentions mother, that it means family problems. Turns out I was right since right after there is the mention of divorce. Now I am assuming that her brother is still under age too much so he is stuck in the divorce issue despite the papers being done. Chihaya escaped nicely but not him. I wonder how much that hurts her not being able to be with her brother. Despite that Chihaya needs friends like Haruka who can up her morale. Not having any family to go too nor friends is the worst mistake. You need people you can be with in that situation. Haruka’s hilarious attitude and enthusiasm in the spoiler
is exactly what Chihaya needed to cheer up.

One of the times I really felt bad for Haruka is the following,

Poor her in missing that last train but at least she got to cheer up Chihaya.

The practice went fine except in the spoiler
Yukiho crying was just plain sad. She needs to man up and Takane here did a marvelous job of that.

About thee end, what was nice about it is that it showed all practicing/living out in their private times. Such as Yukiho her practicing in her living room of whom her pose is funny there. Yayoi in the spoiler
whom her brother is looking at strangely. Hibiki with all her animals. Looks like studying in the zoo/farm. I liked a lot seeing Mami with her headphones here but Miki with her Sony ones looked better. Takane seems to be a Moon Princess liking to stare at the moon here.

In regards to Miki in the spoiler
WTF girl! Why are you so obsessed with the Komachi troop? The producer is way better! Seriously Ritsuko is pissing me off with Komachi BS crap of putting more light on 3 Idols instead of being a group. I say producer disbands that troop and makes one that is whole or groups up Idols per group of specializations. Like dancing, singing and acting. Every time I hear Komachi, I hear 3 idols getting focus only. That really does not work with me well.

About the ED song, it was good. I liked a lot all of the Haruka stuff in the spoiler
the last shot of her with that smile is priceless. Amazing one.

About the preview, welcome to hell in the spoiler
Miki is selling herself off to scout agency. Jupiter being introduced last episode, something might be up with them. In any case it looks bad and the producer is losing it. Sounds to me like hell is coming up for the producer and I wonder how is he going to handle it. Maybe more later.
RainbowMagnet said:
Judging from the preview though, it looks like she is ditching 765pro.
That means they are going to do that part where she defects and add in some drama of getting her back? I smell a 3 episode crazy arc.
RainbowMagnet said:
Being a fan of hers, it hurts deep down a lot more for me.
Yumekichi11Sep 16, 2011 2:29 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 15, 2011 5:28 PM

Apr 2011
She called him a liar? Why?

I don't remember Producer-san promising her that she'll join RK. Or was it Ritsuko who made that promise?

Poor Miki....

This is the episode I'm waiting for. Seeing them doing work, working their butts off, balancing between school work and idol feels really motivating. This is what a idol anime should have.

Just when the producer had the chance to make the girls finally perform onstage, problem erupts.
MagitoSep 16, 2011 1:49 AM
Sep 15, 2011 6:00 PM
Oct 2007
Magito said:
He called him a liar? Why?

I don't remember Producer-san promising her that she'll join RK.

He "did" in episode 6.
Sep 15, 2011 6:03 PM

Feb 2008
That was the time he was busy talking on the phone and Miki believed in him.
I doubt he said so on purpose.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 15, 2011 6:13 PM
Oct 2007
Blackbird said:

Of coruse, it was a misunderstanding caused by Miki being childish and used to things going her way.
Sep 15, 2011 6:22 PM

Apr 2011
7Th said:
Magito said:
He called him a liar? Why?

I don't remember Producer-san promising her that she'll join RK.

He "did" in episode 6.
Blackbird said:

Oh yeah! I watch it again and he really did say that. I bet Producer-san would look back at it blame himself and then try to win her back.
Sep 16, 2011 12:44 AM

Jul 2010
Nice episode but poor Miki getting her hopes crushed.
Sep 16, 2011 4:54 AM
Dec 2007
I'm so gonna start calling Chihaya "Emohaya" from now on. Even her apartment screams "woe is me" at you. I think Haruka was slightly creeped out about it.

Sep 16, 2011 7:16 AM

Jul 2011
Uh-oh! Things about to get real in the next episode! Wonder what will Miki do!?
Sep 16, 2011 8:26 AM

Aug 2010
Never liked Miki too much, so I would actually prefer the show without her, it would allow more time for Chihaya, I really want to know what exactly is up with her and how she will change. I'm also interested in how Producer-san will handle the situation, 4/5.

A bonus point for the less talented girls not becoming suddenly good by sheer determination, but by practicing. It's quite rare to see the realistic approach.
Sep 16, 2011 9:12 AM

Apr 2011
Producer-san looks so serious on the preview. It will get serious this time. I have a feeling that there'll be lots of character developments especially for Miki this time.

Looking forward to the next episode

I agree with Yumekichi. The nine girls can definitely do better than RK. I wonder why she's so obsess in joining them. Producer-san is doing all he can to make the girls shine on stage. Thought the misunderstanding can be tough to solve.
MagitoSep 16, 2011 9:18 AM
Sep 16, 2011 9:31 AM

Jul 2010
Aaw. MikiMiki you can't leave 765pro... Makoto-chan will stop you for sure. ^_^

Good episode. it's really difficult to go on job while studying and those hard practice sessions. damn. not an easy job to get popular.
Sep 16, 2011 9:59 AM

Jun 2008
Magito said:

I agree with Yumekichi. The nine girls can definitely do better than RK. I wonder why she's so obsess in joining them. Producer-san is doing all he can to make the girls shine on stage. Thought the misunderstanding can be tough to solve.

Yes, the nine girls are not inferioir to RK, but here's the harsh truth It's easier to manage a small team. It's easier to focus on training sessions and it's easier to publicize a smaller group.

Ritsuko didn't Choose Ami, Iori and Azusa because they're better dancers/singers/appearances. She just felt those 3 will be a balanced team and easily manageable.

Everyone needs to see my greatest team... lol

Yukiho/Makoto/Chihaya

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Sep 16, 2011 10:46 AM
Apr 2010
Will ya look at that, drama coming up? yay!
Sep 16, 2011 11:00 AM

Sep 2008
Pretty bleh episode even though there was less Ryuugu Komachi.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2011 11:07 AM

Dec 2010
kaimax said:

Yukiho/Makoto/Chihaya

This is actually my favourite trio, but that might be because I've always preferred strong voices to super high-pitched ones.

Magito said:

There are actually a lot of idols among those 9, that I prefer to Ryuuguu Komachi

Yumekichi11 said:
RainbowMagnet said:

Miki is actually one of my favourites. She really needs to stop obsessing over Ryuuguu Komachi though.

spoiler I guess?:

Sep 16, 2011 5:02 PM

Aug 2008
Holy shit, I must've stopped the episode like 10+ times lol. That was really hard for me to watch cos of all the shiet that these girls are going through. I hate to see them struggle, but hey, this is what's needed.

I had a feeling that misunderstanding with Miki and Producer in ep6 would come back. I'm gonna bet she's gone rogue; that would be so badass.

Also love that "START!!" Glad it became the ED for Haruka.
Sep 16, 2011 5:17 PM

Apr 2010
Looks like Miki is going to be taking a leave for who knows how long. Amazing episode. They are really going to end the first half of the series with a bang.
Sep 16, 2011 6:48 PM

Jul 2009
Miki is actually one of the more ambitious of the group. Perhaps to some people to the point where she seems a bit arrogant of her own ability because she puts in very little effort into her work. Despite this, she usually gets what she wants, which is why Ritsuko's revelation is a big disappointment for her. In reality, Miki doesn't have any cruel intentions; it's just the way things occurred for her

In other news, I find it amusing that Makoto wears a "USSR" sweatshirt. And I wonder who the idol on the poster is.

I'm surprised Hibiki can concentrate on studying with all her "siblings" watching.
arsonalSep 16, 2011 6:55 PM
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Sep 16, 2011 7:15 PM

Aug 2010
Miki!!!!!!!
Sep 16, 2011 8:44 PM

Sep 2010
The cake a lie.
Sep 16, 2011 9:41 PM

Jul 2008
Great episode. I love Miki and we got to learn a little more about Chihaya.
Sep 16, 2011 10:02 PM

Jun 2008
arsonal said:

And I wonder who the idol on the poster is.
]

I think it's Ai Hidaka's mom, since she was mentioned to be a famous idol. but her mother's name was never revealed in the NDS game.

Sep 17, 2011 2:20 AM

Apr 2011
Could it be that we'll be seeing two character routes this time around?
Sep 17, 2011 12:37 PM

Jul 2010
Lovely episode to watch. I got a really warm feeling from watching them helping and encouraging each other like that.

Seems like Miki really got the wrong idea about Ryuuguu Komachi though. She seemed to have thought that being in a group like that is a confirmation of you being a better idol or something. It is just a way to get a group of people who completement each other in a good way. I kind of understand her sadness though. She really looks up to them and the producer didn't really pay attention to what he was saying back then. It gave Miki false hope, which has been crushed. He doesn't really seem to remember when he saw the message though. Liar! (><)
OnyxthegreatSep 17, 2011 12:48 PM

Sep 17, 2011 10:02 PM

Apr 2011
When I read Miki's message to producer, I was thinking a lot of possbilities of character development that will come.

It could be, she'll treat her as a big bro, or start to fall inlove with him.
Wouldn't hurt if there's a bit of romance in idiolmaster, right?
Sep 18, 2011 2:27 AM

Sep 2010
I get a million boners watching this show.
Sep 18, 2011 7:04 AM

Jul 2009
Plot twist, plot twist! And "START!!"! Such a good episode...

Also, we'll get a new opening called "CHANGE" from episode 14. Maybe Jupiter and the DS idols will also get included...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2011 7:10 AM

Apr 2011
Anyone got any clue whats the name of the song they're gonna be performing live?
Sep 18, 2011 7:19 AM

Jun 2008
Magito said:
Anyone got any clue whats the name of the song they're gonna be performing live?

I think it's either a "brand new song" like the OP song Ready, or something from a character disc.

Sep 18, 2011 8:01 AM

May 2010
poor Miki !!
Sep 18, 2011 9:33 AM

Jun 2011
RainbowMagnet said:
kaimax said:

Yukiho/Makoto/Chihaya

This is actually my favourite trio, but that might be because I've always preferred strong voices to super high-pitched ones.

Magito said:

There are actually a lot of idols among those 9, that I prefer to Ryuuguu Komachi

Yumekichi11 said:
RainbowMagnet said:

Miki is actually one of my favourites. She really needs to stop obsessing over Ryuuguu Komachi though.

spoiler I guess?:

Sep 18, 2011 10:15 AM
May 2011
I liked this weeks epi. but still no Takane episode >.<.

but the one thing that annoyed me is how big of a crybaby some of the girls are =_= like...really?
ban1o.jpg
Sep 18, 2011 11:47 AM

Aug 2011
Loved this episode!! The music was great, and it was great that all there hard work paid off!! XD
but as a miki fan, i'm really sad that this happened, and i think the next episodes will become drama crazed... just hoping she won't quit... but anyways, i think that the next episode will be EPIC!!!

Loved the ED too!! XD
one of my fav so far!!
Sep 18, 2011 2:07 PM

Sep 2010
I couldn't help but put my yuri goggles on when Haruka was going to Chihaya's house, especially since they skipped the night and there was only one bed at her place. I'm glad me got some more Chihaya though, I was already complaining that there was too less Chihaya last episode.
Seeing Miki being depressed was to expect since already episodes ago when she started thinking she could get into Ryuugou Komachi. I'm curious to what will happen now with her. In the preview I haven't seen Miki being with the main group, doushiyo?
Sep 20, 2011 9:09 AM

Jul 2009
ArcanaTrace said:

That's basically it.
kaimax said:
arsonal said:

And I wonder who the idol on the poster is.
]

I think it's Ai Hidaka's mom, since she was mentioned to be a famous idol. but her mother's name was never revealed in the NDS game.

She's called Mai, but maybe she had an idol name...
Sep 21, 2011 1:25 AM

Sep 2010
Poor Miki... I cann`t wait until next episode!!
Sep 21, 2011 5:45 PM

Apr 2011
Only one more day and episode 12 will be out! Looking forward to the next episode.

I'll even watch it RAW.
Sep 21, 2011 11:51 PM

Mar 2011
it's absolutely unfortunate for miki to be obsess about Ryuuguu Komachi even thogh she is my fav >_<
i feel like she is traitor for the rest of the group like she is saying " you are just a trash .. Ryuuguu Komachi is the best!!"

lets see how the producer will deal with her .. i hope there will be a bit of romance
Sep 22, 2011 6:41 PM

Oct 2009
I know this isn't really about the anime (Just to stay relevant to the topic, this episode was great. Contained nice development for Chihaya and Haruka), but I know some of you guys are very knowledgeable about The iDOLM@STER. I REALLY want to know the names of these songs in the upcoming PS3 release. Unless they're all new...

Can someone please tell me the titles of the songs at 1:24 and 2:39?
Sep 24, 2011 1:54 PM

Oct 2009
KrazyKobun said:
I know this isn't really about the anime (Just to stay relevant to the topic, this episode was great. Contained nice development for Chihaya and Haruka), but I know some of you guys are very knowledgeable about The iDOLM@STER. I REALLY want to know the names of these songs in the upcoming PS3 release. Unless they're all new...

Can someone please tell me the titles of the songs at 1:24 and 2:39?

1:24 = 7 Colored Button
It's a new song by Ryuuguu Komachi that will be released with the PS3 version

2:39 = Little Match Girl, a DLC song already released.
Nov 18, 2011 1:05 PM
Jan 2010
RainbowMagnet said:

Judging from the preview though, it looks like Miki is ditching 765pro.

Let us all hope so!

Chihaya is also a poor fuck.I'm surprised she doesn't live in a cardboard box somewhere.
StardustReverieNov 18, 2011 1:08 PM
Nov 18, 2011 1:24 PM

Jun 2008
wailofthebanshee said:
Chihaya is also a poor fuck.I'm surprised she doesn't live in a cardboard box somewhere.

Not exactly "poor", but she's more of the type that only buys things that she really "needs". Like her default stern personality that thinks that anything that doesn't involve singing is useless and wasting time.

Jan 31, 2012 2:14 PM

May 2009
Yeah, she says that she survives on packaged foods and supplements. That's why the pots were still in plastic bags.

The reason the pots are there in the first place is because she started trying to cook for herself after that cooking show.

Isn't that sheet music...mirror-reversed? It was shown correctly earlier in the episode when another character (I think either Haruka or Chihaya) had it, but it's backwards here.

Every time I hear Komachi, I hear 3 idols getting focus only.

Except the show actually gives the three of them less screentime than the rest of the cast.

Never liked Miki too much, so I would actually prefer the show without her, it would allow more time for Chihaya

I don't like Miki either; her personality really grates on me. Still, the next episode ought to elaborate on this.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Aug 23, 2012 2:54 AM

Jun 2009
Uh oh...

Miki, the most talented Idol of 765 is unhappy... Hopefully they can fix this up O.o

While Miki's personality can be irritating at times, but she's perhaps the most complete of the lot when it comes to Idol quality.
Jan 11, 2013 5:41 PM

Sep 2011
I really liked this episode, they way each of them (well, the ones showed) struggle to become better like a real idol should.
Too much Ryuuguu again though...

I really feel sorry for Miki, but she shouldn't think about Ryuuguu like it's some kind of elit idol unit.
But I guess Miki will quit, huh? I really hope it's not for long.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hoppy - Jul 14, 2011

93 by gannoncannon55 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hoppy - Jul 7, 2011

192 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 19, 9:22 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ousto - Nov 17, 2011

204 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 10, 1:39 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Niyawa - Nov 10, 2011

65 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 8, 10:51 AM

» Do you have the original (this one) in order to watch million live and cinderella girls

FruityLime - Dec 9, 2023

1 by Mardhav_2007 »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.