3It was OK
4.8%
2Disliked it
0.5%
1Hated it
1.0%
Average 4.7
916 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 15, 2011 9:11 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A year's growth since the anime begins?!

Shocking when there's container for dropping teeth existed.

lol @ how Rin's teeth fell finally.

Rin's front has hole is lol!

It was a nice final ep.

UN-GO airs in Usagi Drop's time slot.
tsubasaloverSep 15, 2011 11:37 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 15, 2011 9:41 AM

Oct 2010
A nice final episode indeed.

One of the things about this anime I find is the amazing presentation of parental nurturing that it portrays. It truly does more so with the art and coloring it offers out. It is kind of the pleasant colored one that it feels like. This anime is a most excellent tool for parents or just people that are plain interested in the struggles of suddenly being responsible for a kid. It is therefore recommended that this be shown to any family that has a kid or new parents. It really teaches out a lot.

This being said the series gets a 10/10 Masterpiece from me. Like Steins Gate, this anime in its genre totally impressed me and Rin is the cutest thing out there yet.

In regards to the episode, Yukari shot my MOE meter at the following,

OMG, too sexy for me. Messed up hair and all.

In other news Rin's smile with her 2 teeths lost in the following,

does not make her look like a cat but instead she looks like a chipmunk. It really does look like that.
Yumekichi11Sep 15, 2011 11:50 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 15, 2011 9:53 AM

Nov 2008
Well, that's it.
Sep 15, 2011 10:01 AM

Apr 2011
An absolutely fantastic ending to one of the best shows ever. It's only been a year. A year! Just look at how much Rin has matured and opened up. Daikichi's become one great father to her as well.

I tell ya, if you don't feel any sort of joy from watching this anime you're doing something wrong.
"If you're not prepared to be wrong, you'll never come up with anything original." - Sir Ken Robinson
Sep 15, 2011 10:05 AM

Nov 2007
I also gave this series a 10. I had a 9, but.. how could I NOT give it a 10 after seeing Rin smile without her 2 front teeth. It made me laugh. AND Rin is the cutest kid or anime character out there that I have seen.
Great series. Cant believe its over.
well.. at least we have 4 specials to look forward to!
Sep 15, 2011 10:10 AM

Jun 2011
Damn..... So simple....
yet fucking fantastic. Easily one of the best this year.
Went from a 9 to a 10. Daikichi just topped over Homura for me as character of the year. He went from a single man to an amazing father.
The episode shows how far life can change in a year. How everyone can change. That's what makes it so great.
NO SECOND SEASON.
IllegalCyrusSep 15, 2011 11:47 AM
Sep 15, 2011 10:22 AM

May 2010
And so it ends. Truly splendid series.

Simple yet memorable ending. Can't help but laugh when Rin smiled with two teeth missing. :D

9/10.. ^^
StormViruzSep 16, 2011 1:48 AM
Sep 15, 2011 10:27 AM

Nov 2009
So, does this ends different from the manga? I kinda want to know what canonical ending was.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Sep 15, 2011 10:29 AM

Jun 2011
CG said:
So, does this ends different from the manga? I kinda want to know what canonical ending was.

It ends at the end of the first half of the manga. Which is the best thing that it could too.
Sep 15, 2011 10:31 AM

May 2011
easy 10/10
Sep 15, 2011 10:34 AM

Feb 2010
yeah.. 10/10. awesome. just...awesome.

This is such an uplifting and genuinely sweet story.

It's so meaningful in it's simplicity. Brilliant show.
Sep 15, 2011 10:34 AM

Aug 2007
Yumekichi11 This anime is a most [b said:
excellent tool for parents or just people that are plain interested in the struggles of suddenly being responsible for a kid. It is therefore recommended that this be shown to any family that has a kid or new parents. It really teaches out a lot.

Its pretty clear the author had some experience around kids, but the series makes it look to easy (even with all the things Daikichi had to change in his life).
Rin is like the perfect little girl. She didn't really have any behavioral problems, was always sweet, and really smart for her age. While you see little kids with those attributes, its rare you see all of them all the time in one kid unless its secretly a god child xD
Kids cry, have temper tantrums, get grumpy after a long day... even the best behaved ones. They can be picky with food, or impatient waiting to do things. I didn't really see any of these negative traits come out in Rin.

Not to mention it showed child rearing at a point when Rin was already relatively mature and independent for her age. Caring for babies is a whole different story- its almost impossible to function as a single working parent since often times you get 1-2 hours or less of sleep every night since babies don't care what time it is when they wake up. Having a functional sleep schedule won't come till at least a year xD
Very little can prepare you for just how difficult child rearing is- the last episode did explain that having a child you have no time for yourself anymore, and that your time is your time taking care of children- but the actual process takes a tremendous amount of love, patience, and endurance.

I still enjoyed it and it made me feel warm inside.

This series made me home sick for my 4 year old sister who is very similar to Rin, but I've recently moved from PA to TX so I don't get to see her. My 2 and 7 year old brothers are too much like Kouki though xD

Anyways, back on topic.
I wish the series wasn't over. I wanted more to happen with the mother, more backround information about the affair, romance for Daisuki (he would make a good daddy for Kouki xD)- and just more life experience for Rin because seeing her smile makes me happy. God... I hate short season syndrome.... SSS kills another good anime in its prime >.<
BluesnowSep 15, 2011 10:44 AM
Sep 15, 2011 10:37 AM

Dec 2009
So-so ending of very hear-warming and touching anime. Easily 8/10.
Sep 15, 2011 10:56 AM
May 2011
5/5 and 9/10 overall for me.

Sincerely hoping for a second season covering the rest of the manga.

Would have loved to see a glimpse of 16 year old Rin after the credits <3 But her 6yo smile was heartwearming too :)
MorisatoKSep 15, 2011 11:10 AM
Sep 15, 2011 11:02 AM

Feb 2010
This was just too cute :3
It was so simple yet so amazing :3
Now need S2
Sep 15, 2011 11:11 AM

Aug 2009
i need a second season
Sep 15, 2011 11:11 AM

Feb 2008
this show pushed some really profound subjects without being preachy. in fact ti does it in a really subtle and nice way.

i was hoping her mother would show up all of the sudden but i suppose it would have required the show to be longer than 11 episodes. i wonder how things unfold in the manga. i might read it now.
Sep 15, 2011 11:12 AM

Apr 2008
Oh the manga is finished.
Hope there`s enough manga for there to be a second season or at least some ovas.

This ep was also very adorable :D
The soundtrack is great.
10/10.

Sep 15, 2011 11:14 AM

Aug 2009
Such a heartwarming and beautiful anime. I just wished that Daikichi would end up with Yukari.
9/10
Sep 15, 2011 11:15 AM

Nov 2008
That's all folks

lol at Kouki, he lost a tooth.

S2 please

9/10-------->10/10

Sep 15, 2011 11:18 AM

May 2010
Daikichi is awesome/10.

It's been a bit too "convenient", just like Bluesnow mentioned, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Watching a brat being cheeky wouldn't provide much entertainment.
Sep 15, 2011 11:24 AM

Apr 2010
9/10 overall

I demand a second season. I want to see more story development. They can't leave us like this.

Sep 15, 2011 11:26 AM

Feb 2008
10/10. Absolutely loved everything about this show.
Sep 15, 2011 11:32 AM
Mar 2008
aaaaaaaand... nothing happened. Manga's shitty ending wasn't enough, they had to ruin the anime, too. Good job!
6/10
Sep 15, 2011 11:36 AM

Oct 2009
9/10

Great adaptation. It was perfect. Hopefully no season 2 because the manga went to shit after this.
Sep 15, 2011 11:40 AM

Jul 2010
IllegalCyrus said:
CG said:

It ends at the end of the first half of the manga. Which is the best thing that it could too.

So happy that it ended where it did.

Josei anime for the win man.
Sep 15, 2011 11:45 AM

May 2011
The ending seemed rather ambiguous about possible relationships for Daikichi. Yukari always seemed like she had some interest but it never really played out. That is a shame because I think Kouki really would have liked to have Daikichi as a stepdad. Plus, Yukari and Daikichi would have made an awesome couple.

This ending pretty much said to me "Rin and Daikichi have each other, and that's all that matters". It really ends how it begins. The spark that was the girl tending to the bellflower patch was the girl that would change Diakichi's life forever. Though at times Diakichi has misgivings on the matter. In the end, he has no regrets. He truly has become content with his new life with his flower girl.
Sep 15, 2011 11:46 AM

Dec 2010
IllegalCyrus said:

Can't you people stop spilling spoilers all over the place? :/
Sep 15, 2011 11:47 AM

Jun 2011
nznznz said:
IllegalCyrus said:

Can't you people stop from spilling spoilers all over the place? :/

Letme go spoiler it. But hell,
saves people from being disappointed.
Sep 15, 2011 11:47 AM

Oct 2010
Bluesnow said:
Yumekichi11 This anime is a most [b said:
excellent tool for parents or just people that are plain interested in the struggles of suddenly being responsible for a kid. It is therefore recommended that this be shown to any family that has a kid or new parents. It really teaches out a lot.
Its pretty clear the author had some experience around kids, but the series makes it look to easy (even with all the things Daikichi had to change in his life).
Rin is like the perfect little girl. She didn't really have any behavioral problems, was always sweet, and really smart for her age. While you see little kids with those attributes, its rare you see all of them all the time in one kid unless its secretly a god child xD
I believe the point of that was to take a soft approach disregarding all the negative aspects. Of course that does off false allusion that it looks easy.
Bluesnow said:
Kids cry, have temper tantrums, get grumpy after a long day... even the best behaved ones. They can be picky with food, or impatient waiting to do things. I didn't really see any of these negative traits come out in Rin.
Indeed but the reality of it is something most people watching this would not want. There was some of that but not much. Rin is obvious a role model of a child behaving most well and calmly.
Bluesnow said:
Not to mention it showed child rearing at a point when Rin was already relatively mature and independent for her age. Caring for babies is a whole different story- its almost impossible to function as a single working parent since often times you get 1-2 hours or less of sleep every night since babies don't care what time it is when they wake up. Having a functional sleep schedule won't come till at least a year xD

Well that's why Daikichi reduced his working hours to not doing overtime. He was also often under my impression that he was getting a lack of sleep. In fact he mentions in this episode not having time for himself and of getting stressed out a lot more.

What does get interesting is that Dakichi mentions to Kasumi that regardless of all that he had to get used to it.
Bluesnow said:
Very little can prepare you for just how difficult child rearing is- the last episode did explain that having a child you have no time for yourself anymore, and that your time is your time taking care of children- but the actual process takes a tremendous amount of love, patience, and endurance.
Indeed but Daikichi demonstrated those positive aspects. He showed also that anyone can adopt a child and move on with it. Perhaps ideally but it's all there.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 15, 2011 11:50 AM

Dec 2010
IllegalCyrus said:

That's not up for you to decide.
Sep 15, 2011 11:52 AM

Jun 2011
nznznz said:
IllegalCyrus said:

That's not up for you to decide.

I know. Up to the person. But there, I spoilered it.
Sep 15, 2011 12:05 PM
Mar 2011
I really enjoyed it. And can't wait for the specials.
Also, about the probability of a second season is very possible since the 11 episodes cover about half of manga. If there were a Second Season then it will involve Rin as a teenager and 10 years have passed since the first season.
Sep 15, 2011 12:23 PM

Aug 2010
And there comes the probably best anime 2011 to an end.
It was truely AAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWsome.

Personally, I'm not against a second season. If it involves a timejump (which it prolly does), I will see it as standalone, not necessarily as a direct 2nd season.

Also, I don't care about what happens in the manga too much. I'm open for stuff, and as long as I agree with the storytelling, I'm fine.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Sep 15, 2011 12:27 PM
Jul 2018
*patiently waits for season 2*
Sep 15, 2011 12:28 PM

Oct 2009
Cute final episode.

Rin's teeth finally falling out.. xD
Going to miss this show.. onto zeh Manga for me.

Also UN-GO, I'll be watching that~
Sep 15, 2011 12:32 PM

May 2008
Such a brilliant ending to a brilliant show, I loved it :D

I wish this has a second season~
Definitelly a 10/10.
Sep 15, 2011 12:42 PM

Jul 2010
I can't believe it's over. I don't want it to be over already! Thursday was the best day of the week because of this show. I just makes you feel so happy inside. I'm going to miss the way Rin says Daikichi's name. I'm going to miss Kouki doing all the things Daikichi did as a kid and the way they're so funny together. I'll miss all of it. This is one anime I won't forget anytime soon. 9/10.
Sep 15, 2011 12:48 PM

Jun 2011
loved this anime.
how could anyone not?!
kind of upsetting that it's over but make way for the fall season. hope to maybe see something come of this anime again. like a follow up movie or something would be great. I am sure that the live-action will be just as splendid!!

9/10!
Sep 15, 2011 12:48 PM

Aug 2010
I gotta say this show was okay for me. I'll give it a 9/10 overall. I guess I was expecting some angst somewhere maybe the mom wanting to take Rin back or the grandfather wasn't the father or Rin dies or Daikichi gets married to that woman just...something you know. The climax just didn't for me. The show stayed sweet and cute and I suppose that's okay sometimes but it's kind of a let down for me. Granted I haven't read the manga so I don't know if there's more to the story then what I've just seen.
Sep 15, 2011 12:49 PM
Jun 2009
No. No second season. NO. It has to remain that sweet, warm and, uh, naive anime series as it is. I've looked to the ending chapter and... uh. Don't do it.
Anime is perfect, it ends perfectly and there's no need to change it.
Sep 15, 2011 12:55 PM

Aug 2011
great last episode, just loved it, they never actually carried on/ extended daikichix yukari, but hey, this anime was about him and rin, and gotta say, it was a master piece!!!

Hoppy said:

9/10-------->10/10

exactly the same for me, 10/10, relly would like a second season, as i am gonna miss an anime with such orignality, from artwork to the actual concept....
RIN WAS SOOO CUTE AT THE END TOO!!!! XD
Sep 15, 2011 12:59 PM

Aug 2011
Daikichi x Yukari seems fairly obvious to me.

Anyway, a heartwarming show. I thought we'll get to see Rin grow up more. Something like a teenager that finished high school with good grades and everything goes well, happy end etc.

Gotta say though, after episode 6 the series somewhat lost the charm I initially felt for it. I actually got bored in some of the episodes.
Did you like my avatar, perv?
Sep 15, 2011 1:00 PM

May 2010
One of the best animes this season. And the cutest! >.<
I loved everyone~ mainly Kouki, he was awesome! lol
I hope there will be a season 2! im looking forward to the specials. ^.^
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Sep 15, 2011 1:03 PM

Nov 2008
ins-chan said:
No. No second season. NO. It has to remain that sweet, warm and, uh, naive anime series as it is. I've looked to the ending chapter and... uh. Don't do it.
Anime is perfect, it ends perfectly and there's no need to change it.

Timeskip can be cut out and have an alternate ending.

Sep 15, 2011 1:06 PM
Dec 2007
Very good series that improves the original material with fantastic direction, atmosphere and voice acting while tackling some interesting (and seldom seen in anime) themes nicely. Guess there'll never be any second season though or people will rage like they've never raged before (I may be the only one to really like the change of genre and even the ending of the manga proably ;)). 9/10

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 15, 2011 1:16 PM
Nov 2010
IllegalCyrus said:
CG said:

So...we can expect season two? I doubt that this show is gonna do bad in sales...
I didn't quite like the animation, but the story was nice and heartwarming, the characters were great(my favourite were Kouki and Daikichi) and the music was pretty good...

I hope to see more soon...:)
Sep 15, 2011 1:17 PM

Sep 2011
No S2 please. I want Usagi Drop to remain innocent.

with No.6 falling out from the top with their WTF ending & with Usagi Drop not being the best, it's really up to Mawaru Penguin Drum, & perhaps Kamisama Dolls to put meaning in their season (summer)
LastExile_613.png
Sep 15, 2011 1:24 PM

Jan 2011
This had been a 10 for me since about episode 3, so I can't raise my score. What a sweet ending to the first season. Having spoiled myself a bit, I know what would come in season 2, but I would still like to see it--just to understand what the author's vision was. Although I know it would upset some of the commentators above I would like to see the true end. Rest in spoiler although even there I will not be too specific.

Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 15, 2011 1:32 PM

Sep 2009
Well, Usagi Drop was a consistently enjoyable series. Every episode was great and heartwarming in some way. 9/10 Hoping for a second season that

But that'd never happen. ;_;
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» imagine

removed-user - Apr 3

10 by gswelcome »»
Apr 8, 3:40 PM

» Knowing the manga ending ruined how I see this anime as a whole.

go1d1eaf - Oct 26, 2021

37 by gswelcome »»
Apr 8, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Usagi Drop Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jul 7, 2011

365 by astroreload »»
Jan 21, 4:11 AM

Poll: » Usagi Drop Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

HawthorneKitty - Jul 21, 2011

174 by astroreload »»
Dec 27, 2023 10:56 AM

» Live Action

JSeanaY - Aug 18, 2023

14 by imjayhime »»
Aug 24, 2023 7:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.