Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 15, 2011 3:29 AM

Jul 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
First half was good, but the second was pretty interesting. Finally, we'll see Switch's past *^*
Looking forward to the next episode.

Note: Please, be careful with the spoilers. I (and many other people) don't read the manga.
AndromedaSep 15, 2011 3:32 AM
Sep 15, 2011 4:11 AM
Jul 2018
Wouldn't want to spoil what comes and I hope the anime does it as good as the manga did, I'm sure it will! Just expect at least another full episode of pure Switch's past... oh god this is one of the moment's I've been waiting for since they announced this anime, the Sket Dance members past arcs are the best part of the series <3.
Sep 15, 2011 4:40 AM
Sep 2007
I didn't expect they would already start Switch's flashback in this episode's second half.

Also, I thought there would be another seiyuu for Switch's real voice, but it seems I forgot (from when I read manga)

And yeah, I agree that past arcs are probably the best parts of this manga, to the point where it seems that everything else are fillers.
KleferiSep 15, 2011 6:50 AM
Sep 15, 2011 6:04 AM
Feb 2010
Oh God. Finally. I can't hold my grin on the second half.

Overall, a very nice episode. Neat action scenes, no stupid gimmick, and intriguing premise.
Sep 15, 2011 7:43 AM
Dec 2007
The second party of the episode was just fantastic. I really need to see the end of this arc, even as a non Switch fan

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 15, 2011 8:25 AM

Dec 2010
I thought they were trolling us, when I saw the part with Shinzou and his brother D:

RainbowMagnetSep 16, 2011 7:23 AM
Sep 15, 2011 9:15 AM

Mar 2008
HNNNNNNNGH SWITCH.
Sep 15, 2011 9:33 AM
Nov 2010
It was a good episode, especially the second part of it...
Sep 15, 2011 9:35 AM

Aug 2010
So in the next episode we'll find out the reason why Switch isn't speaking with his own voice, but using his brother's voice thanks to his voice program. I'm sensing some drama, I hope they won't overdo it..

Sep 15, 2011 9:56 AM
Jul 2018
Awwh! Switch's past~! Really glad that they're doing the back stories!

I hope we don't have to wait too long for Bossun's! ^_^
Sep 15, 2011 11:19 AM

Jan 2010
This was just simply awesome ;u; Can't wait for next ep, I'm sensing drama ahead which I love <3

Also can't wait for others' pasts >__>
Sep 15, 2011 11:51 AM

Sep 2010
I didn't really care too much for the first half, but the second half was really good.

Oh no epic cliffhanger. I bet something happened to his bro since Switch talks in his voice with the program he made. I have a feeling next weeks episode will be sad. T_T
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 15, 2011 12:46 PM

Oct 2008
Whoa. Shit got real.

I really feel something painful inside when I see the Switch from the past, and the Switch that doesn't smile nor talk now. And he speaks with his brother's voice on his computer. That's not his own. Something happened. -wants to give Switch a hug-

Sep 15, 2011 12:47 PM

Sep 2011
And so it begins. The creator of Sket Dance really outdone himself with this story. The one thing i didn't like is how rushed this episode was. It's probably do to the fact that the Ginatam/Sket Dance crossover episode happens like, at the end of the month so they want to hurry up and finish Switchs past before then. The Samurai story took up half the episode and they crammed half of Switchs story into half an episode. They finished half his story in about 10 minutes. I would have greatly preferred if the Samurai story took up the whole episode then at the very end of the episode they showed 14 year old Switch and then the ending theme started playing. Then they could have did the story in one episode, or 2 depending if they wanted to rush it. Overall i think they should have made episode 24 all Samurai story, then 25 the start of the Switch backstory, then episode 26 the conclusion of Switchs story. Them rushing it like this for one, made half of the episode bad because it had that pointless Samurai story which was really just making the mood for Switchs story (and really, this backstory is too great for any of the episode to have a dull moment, so including samurai messed up the flow), for two, made Switchs story move faster then it should so it might take some of the emotional value from the story away and make you connect with the characters less. Then when the big conclusion happens it may have less of a wow moment.

Overall good episode and can't wait till next week, i just wish they didn't rush so much :/
Sep 15, 2011 12:57 PM

Jul 2008
Great episode.

If my brother sounded like Sugita I would design a program that allowed me to use his voice too.
Sep 15, 2011 1:32 PM

Aug 2009
first half was SOOOO BORING!!! XD

and Switch's bro is HOTTTTT!!!!

And omg! D; I never thought this show could get so serious! ;__;
Sep 15, 2011 1:47 PM

Jun 2011
Did anybody get a 'Sacred Seven' vibe when the younger brother was searching in the river?
'I met many people. We were separated. And then reunited. This tune contains all those feelings.'
- Nanaka Yatsushiro, Myself;Yourself, Episode 13
Sep 15, 2011 2:22 PM

Aug 2009
Drama, huh? :-O
The older brother is like, totally Kyon.
Sep 15, 2011 2:40 PM

May 2009
That was so cool! Switch looks adorable 14 years old
And the title of the next ep is killing me "Switch Off"
Sep 15, 2011 3:32 PM

Jan 2009
It's funny to remember how I used to think badly about Sket dance when I just started watching it. It was boring in the beginning and I was at the verge of dropping it, thanks god I didn't. But now I simply love it and go as far saying that it is better than Gintama(at least for now). This anime is just keeps getting better and better. Shame that not many people are watching this anime.

Anyway, loved this episode. Bond with brother is a truly wonderful thing. And Switch's past seems interesting. I bet something shocking will be revealed in next episode.

Can't wait for next episode!
Sep 15, 2011 3:44 PM

Sep 2011
TadloS said:
It's funny to remember how I used to think badly about Sket dance when I just started watching it. It was boring in the beginning and I was at the verge of dropping it, thanks god I didn't. But now I simply love it and go as far saying that it is better than Gintama(at least for now). This anime is just keeps getting better and better. Shame that not many people are watching this anime.

Anyway, loved this episode. Bond with brother is a truly wonderful thing. And Switch's past seems interesting. I bet something shocking will be revealed in next episode.

Can't wait for next episode!

OMG, Same Here! When i first started watching SKET Dance i had high hopes, then when the first episode came out and i watched it i was highly disappointed. The second episode wasn't much better. I was THIS close to dropping the series, but i kept watching and around episode 7 or 9 i started loving it. My love for it has only grown since then because it keeps getting better and better. Sket Dance is now the thing then that kills me with anticipation every week as i want the next week to come super fast so i can see the next episode. It saddens me that not alot of people watch it, and some of the people that DID watch it dropped it at episode 1 when it gets sooo much better after that.
YuyunarutoballzSep 15, 2011 3:48 PM
Sep 15, 2011 4:04 PM

Jul 2011
Ahhh, I just wanna spoil it for you all. But you have to watch the episode next week... and then you'll see why some of you are "wrong"...
Also, SKET Dance is very rushed. I mean cramming the samurai story into half an episode? I'm overjoyed to finally see Switch's past, but it felt rushed...

Switch... T.T

MirorinSep 15, 2011 4:32 PM
Sep 15, 2011 4:08 PM

Aug 2010
Switch's brother is really sweet :3 THE FIRST PART WAS SOOOOO not needed >_> well it sets up the brother theme + Switch's attitude and all but whatever
clearly something's going down with that cliffhanger and preview for next episode, the fact that we havent heard anything about his brother and that hint from the first part of the episode means....i hope it doesnt come to that DX
Sep 15, 2011 4:17 PM

Sep 2011
Possible spoiler:
Sep 15, 2011 4:19 PM

Jul 2011
Yuyunarutoballz said:
Possible spoiler:

I know!! >:O
Next week needs to come faster!!
Sep 15, 2011 5:48 PM

Apr 2008
Woah, this episode was...wow.

First part was meh but lead in to the second half..Something about Sawa's friend that i'm wondering about, the animators did a good job making Sawa's stalker look like a total creep!

I honestly never expected SKET Dance to have any real kind of overarching drama, but wow this...this is why people need to give this show a chance!

SKET Dance is really starting to interest me and i was very likely going to drop if this episode was a crappy one, my fears were quickly dashed.
apolloisfineSep 15, 2011 5:59 PM
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Sep 15, 2011 7:27 PM

Feb 2010
Wow. Much better episode than what I've been watching... esp the last 1/2.

Switch-kun ;-;

His bro is banging'! Dayummm. ;)

Prediction:

Stalker guy is frightening. His face makes me uneasy...
Sep 15, 2011 7:28 PM

Nov 2007
My God, what a chilling way to end the episode.

It was pretty obvious from the start that the main characters were going to have complicated pasts (Don't they always? Not that it's bad of course) but the episode was very good so I will look forward to the next episode even more. I just hope it won't be terribly sad. :( Also, Switch with a regular voice was really weird. Ha.

Anyhoo, the anime is steadily increasing in quality, but I can't say it's on par with Gintama yet. And Sket Dance definitely hasn't surpassed it, especially not on the comedy level, nope. As for the drama, we'll see next week.

Hopefully this anime gets a budget upgrade in the future. Because they have to save up so much budget for serious episodes that in their comedy episodes they do all kinds of ridiculous short cuts that really mess up their timing. Though to note, it has gotten better (or maybe I just got more used it?).
Sep 15, 2011 10:44 PM

Jun 2008
WOW....didn't expect this episode to be so interesting.

YAY, we finally hear Switch talking, but I'm really interested to see what happens with his brother and his "friend", who he clearly is in love with.
Sep 15, 2011 11:18 PM

May 2010
Oh, I really enjoyed this ep. This show has gotten so much better! I would have like it to be two seperate eps, it did feel a little rushed and I did enjoy the first half, even if the second was superior. I guess I'll have to wait till next week to decide that for sure though.

Anyway, very keen for next ep now!
Sep 16, 2011 12:26 AM

Jan 2011
Yuyunarutoballz said:
Possible spoiler:

Lol yeah, quite the WTF moment it'll be. I know I went 'WTF' when I read the manga chapters. xD

Anyways, I loved this episode. Highly anticipated the 'Switch Off' arc and it's great. Shame that they cut out some bits from the manga though. Should have been a full episode and not half, with Shinzou's brother dilemma. Looking forward to next week's episode, gonna be darker than the episodes that we've seen so far. *prepares for manly tears*

I'm sure the next few episodes will make Sket Dance more popular. Shame many people just thought Sket Dance was an Anime with random and trigger-happy scenarios. Sket Dance has its epic moments too. :D
Sep 16, 2011 12:37 AM

Sep 2010
Wow that was interesting
Sep 16, 2011 4:25 AM

Jan 2011
Oh man that letter totally freaked me out. I can't wait for next week!
Sep 16, 2011 5:11 AM
Feb 2010
Yuyunarutoballz said:

OMG, Same Here! When i first started watching SKET Dance i had high hopes, then when the first episode came out and i watched it i was highly disappointed. The second episode wasn't much better. I was THIS close to dropping the series, but i kept watching and around episode 7 or 9 i started loving it. My love for it has only grown since then because it keeps getting better and better. Sket Dance is now the thing then that kills me with anticipation every week as i want the next week to come super fast so i can see the next episode. It saddens me that not alot of people watch it, and some of the people that DID watch it dropped it at episode 1 when it gets sooo much better after that.

Adding to this:
I was introduced to the manga by a friend and read the first few chapters and was like 'meh' and put it on hold. One day I didn't have anything better to do and continued reading it. Then I got really hooked and Sket Dance became one of my Top 5 manga.
Then the anime was released, and I hopefully looked up reviews of the first episode on the internet. Most of them were very negative, to the point of dropping the manga. I just feel upset and sad that they didn't give a second chance to Sket Dance because it gets better and better to the point where I can say that the first chapters/episodes suck quite hard compared to the new ones.
But I'm glad to see that some people, like you guys, give Sket Dance a chance. You're in for a treat.
tl;dr The first episodes were quite bad, yeah, but Sket Dance gets better and better.

MM-Rosiie said:
Yuyunarutoballz said:
Possible spoiler:

I know!! >:O
Next week needs to come faster!!

+1
I can't wait to read the Sket Dance 25 Discussion topic :3
Sep 16, 2011 11:22 AM

May 2010
Switch past looks really interesting I'll be looking forward for more !!
Sep 16, 2011 2:42 PM

Aug 2011
Genomax said:
Did anybody get a 'Sacred Seven' vibe when the younger brother was searching in the river?

Yeah, Himeko says: "Is the younger brother also a follower of that anime?", that anime is Sacred Seven hahaha
QsureApr 21, 2013 12:28 PM
Sep 16, 2011 4:52 PM

Jan 2010
this episode was awesome! espeeeeeecially the second half.

i sort of regret reading spoilers, but now i really can't wait for the next ep.
Sep 16, 2011 10:29 PM

Nov 2010
Great stuff :)
Sep 16, 2011 11:17 PM

Mar 2010
Next episode is looking good. I'll be waiting to see it.
Sep 16, 2011 11:23 PM

Sep 2011
Popping by here again just to mention something. I think the reason they rushed this episode (which i wish they wouldn't have. I'd rather the whole episode focus on the Samurai and have to wait another week for a whole episode dedicated to Switch then have a episode that i didn't really enjoy take up half an episode, then a story i really care about crammed into the second half of a episode i didn't like to begin with) is because there's going to be a Sket Dance Gintama crossover anime at the end of the month and Sket Dance's anime studio must really wanna do this arc and get it out the way before the crossover
Sep 17, 2011 3:40 AM

Jan 2010
Ehh, the hair colour and voice gives it away too much.
Sep 17, 2011 2:51 PM
Jan 2011
Rheine said:
Oh God. Finally. I can't hold my grin on the second half.

Overall, a very nice episode. Neat action scenes, no stupid gimmick, and intriguing premise.

me too
Sep 17, 2011 5:27 PM

Jul 2009
Lulexiaa said:
first half was SOOOO BORING!!! XD

and Switch's bro is HOTTTTT!!!!

And omg! D; I never thought this show could get so serious! ;__;

You think that dork is hot? Girls I swear....

Anyway.. New arc! Can't wait for the next episode.
Sep 17, 2011 5:30 PM

Jul 2009
And LMFAO at people praising this too much. Nothing's happened yet.

xD
Sep 19, 2011 2:38 PM

May 2008
Wow..what is this..a...GOOD episode for once..?

...now I'm..actually getting interested..and maybe this'll explain why Switch doesn't talk...whoa..I'm like freaked out. I actually WANT to see part 2 right now..what is this I don't even..

...5/5.

Sep 20, 2011 4:11 PM

Nov 2007
I had a theory while watching due to confusion with VAs and names and I think I'm right :D (I accidentally clicked on a spoiler and proved myself right actually orz)

Oh man, next week is going to be insane. I wish I'd waited a little bit longer before watching this episode.

WoofSadaharu said:
You think that dork is hot? Girls I swear....
He is, but that's possibly just because he's an anime character.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Sep 21, 2011 6:29 PM

May 2009
It got unexpectedly serious and unsettling towards the end. Also, it took me a few minutes to get over the shock of hearing Switch's actual voice. Interesting. Very interesting. Can't wait for the next episode.
Sep 22, 2011 8:32 PM

Jun 2010
The second half of the episode was epic. Never read the manga so I am not sure what I am expecting
Sep 30, 2011 3:44 AM

Dec 2007
If you pause the episode at 14.34 there's a guy who looks like Kotetsu Kaburagi (Tiger and Bunny) looking at books over Switch's brothers shoulder. Was midly amushed to see him there.
Dec 9, 2011 1:33 PM

Dec 2010
The first part was OK and the second really surprised me... Sket Dance is really an anime that should be watched from the start to the end, because there always can be something good even after sucky part(or even two, but then you must wait for the ED to end). I'm surprised that Switch's voice sounds this way... I got used to his computer voice 'till now, but using his brother's voice for the computer program... I didn't see this coming.
This is the second time I'm looking forward to the next episode this much.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » SKET Dance Episode 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mr_DaftPunk - Sep 27, 2012

133 by DarkBossun »»
Feb 19, 12:30 PM

» Really underated

Ilhan391 - Jul 5, 2022

11 by Ridzaxster »»
Feb 2, 6:20 AM

» SKET Dance Season 3?

DGFlow - Apr 22, 2013

25 by Current_Aqua »»
Dec 26, 2023 6:32 AM

» Help: SKET Dance filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Dec 25, 2023

1 by Zizike »»
Dec 25, 2023 9:52 PM

Poll: » SKET Dance Episode 41 Discussion

Andromeda - Jan 19, 2012

38 by Vindicater »»
Nov 18, 2023 5:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.