Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (37) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 13, 2011 4:18 PM

Oct 2010
ChibiSamurai said:
That made me ROFL! Seizure alright. Here is some stuff of mines.

Okabe the Jedi in the following,

now his face there is another story.

Okabe says in the following,

"You are all my slaves come to me!" so the pose looks like it.

Second time watching first time, half Dr Pepper gone and second time i finished it. Had to pause a few times to take a gulp but yeah.

Damn! I wanted to do that GIF! D: Too bad, time saved is all good. I can always play around it to shrink it into an avatar for anyone. You got to PM me for that.

BTW was the only being sad it was ending at the end, like I did not want to end but I knew it was the end?
sakaSep 13, 2011 11:59 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 13, 2011 4:20 PM

Aug 2011
who the hell rated this episode 1?

i forgot to post this earlier but as usual okabe was so nice to not forget about suzuha with the pin badges.. miyano, mamoru.. YOU'VE REDEEMED YOURSELF FROM BEING AN ASSHOLE IN LIGHT

it was admirable that mayuri was able to accept the kurisuxokabe idea

and since other people are doing it.. heres my top 10

1. Steins;Gate
2. To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
3. Sasameki Koto
4. Kaichou wa Maid-Sama
5. Vampire Knight
6. To Aru Majtusu no Index
7. Deadman Wonderland
8. Ouran High School Host club
9. Rurouni Kenshin
10. Death Note
Sep 13, 2011 4:22 PM

Jul 2011
excellent ending
Sep 13, 2011 4:27 PM

Nov 2007
shiromegami said:
i forgot to post this earlier but as usual okabe was so nice to not forget about suzuha with the pin badges.. miyano, mamoru.. YOU'VE REDEEMED YOURSELF FROM BEING AN ASSHOLE IN LIGHT

Miyano's worst role is Fuwa Shoutaro. I wanted to strangle that bastard only because he did Suoh Tamaki, he was forgiven for that role alone! :D
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Sep 13, 2011 4:28 PM

Jul 2008
The movie will probably just be a recap thing right? Like condensing the story into 2 hours? I can't really imagine a sequel to the TV anime, and I doubt they would make a movie just to animate a different end.
Sep 13, 2011 4:29 PM

Feb 2009
After thinking about this episode, I've come to enjoy it a lot more. 9/10 instead of 8.5/10 now, lol. Okabe was just too awesome in this episode, I missed that awesome Okabe even if it was nice exploring his vulnerable side. His favourites are skyrocketing here on MAL, already at 1050. The dude is now in my "Fantastic Five" male MCs - Lelouch, Spike, Simon, and two new guys in Kotestu and Okabe.

If we're still posting our new top 10 lists, mine looks somethingl like:

#1: TTGL
#2: Steins;Gate
#3: Eureka Seven
#4: Princess Tutu
#5: Cowboy Bebop
#6: Banner of the Stars II
#7: Code Geass (go on and judge me, but no anime has ever really entertained me like this did!)
#8: Cardcaptor Sakura
#9: Utena
#10: Clannad After Story
Sep 13, 2011 4:31 PM

Jul 2010
GarLogan78 said:
The movie will probably just be a recap thing right? Like condensing the story into 2 hours? I can't really imagine a sequel to the TV anime, and I doubt they would make a movie just to animate a different end.
Wasn't the Fate/Stay Night movie a bit of an alternate? I haven't watched it yet so I can't confirm, but I thought that's what it was. In any case, I don't think the idea of an alternate ending, Suzuha's story, or something along those lines is that far-fetched.
Sep 13, 2011 4:32 PM

Sep 2007
Hhmmmmmm. It was definitely a good anime but am I the only one that's not buying into the hype that this is the bestest thing ever made that people are seemingly making it out to be? The first few episodes were pretty terrible IMO. I didn't care for their comedic antics at all. If that was their intent to make us connect with the characters, it kind of failed for me. Only characters I actually gave one shit about was Okabe's and Kurisu's development and relationship. I'd give it a 8.5 but I guess I'll be generous and round up to 9/10.
Sep 13, 2011 4:33 PM
Jun 2011
RedMage23 said:
I laughed. I cried. I drank Dr Pepper. It's been a great ride, MALers. I'm glad I could enjoy it with you. El. Psy. Congroo.
El. Psy. Congroo
Sep 13, 2011 4:34 PM
Aug 2010
Iilia said:
GarLogan78 said:
Wasn't the Fate/Stay Night movie a bit of an alternate? I haven't watched it yet so I can't confirm, but I thought that's what it was. In any case, I don't think the idea of an alternate ending, Suzuha's story, or something along those lines is that far-fetched.

Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works is just taking Tousaka Route. So im guessing SteinsGate movie is something along the lines maybe?
Sep 13, 2011 4:35 PM

Nov 2007
shiromegami said:
special is feb 22, 2012 OH NOEZ WERE GONNA DIE IN 2012 pshh

Nope. We are not. The conspiracies of cataclysmic or transformative events have been tarnished by Okabe. In the current time line, the next year for a catastrophic event to appear is set at UC 0099. When Unicorn shifts the balance of world power after unlocking La+. Bangher Links, a direct descendant of Okabe and Kurisu's only son has already been informed by Suzuha from Beta world line to stop Full Frontal's madness. rest is covered here if you are interested. :D
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Sep 13, 2011 4:38 PM
Aug 2010
shanimebib said:
shiromegami said:

Nope. We are not. The conspiracies of cataclysmic or transformative events have been tarnished by Okabe. In the current time line, the next year for a catastrophic event to appear is set at UC 0099. When Unicorn shifts the balance of world power after unlocking La+. Bangher Links, a direct descendant of Okabe and Kurisu's only son has already been informed by Suzuha from Beta world line to stop Full Frontal's madness. rest is covered here if you are interested. :D

Awesome!
Sep 13, 2011 4:38 PM

Apr 2008
Droplet said:

#7: Code Geass (go on and judge me, but no anime has ever really entertained me like this did!)

Trust me, Code Geass is a truly entertaining show no one should judge or deny that

Anyways, even if Steins;Gate may not be your favorite shows (top 5 wise), you have to admit: Hououin Kyouma definitely deserves top 10 character status. Yeah, Okabe you just beat Lelouch in my rank to be #1. You deserve it.

Just a great series, which started off slow ending amazingly.
apolloisfineSep 13, 2011 4:54 PM
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Sep 13, 2011 4:42 PM
Aug 2010
Stop comparing animes.............. people have their own tastes so there's no right or wrong. (unless u say Steins Gate is crap lol)
Sep 13, 2011 4:43 PM

Oct 2010
All I can say is that I put on top #1 in my favorites Steins Gate and Mayuri #1 and Makise #2. If you want to know why Mayuri #1, read my theory on the first page that I made for this series. You will know why.
El Psy Congroo!

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 13, 2011 4:43 PM

Jul 2011
type_silver said:
Stop comparing animes.............. people have their own tastes so there's no right or wrong. (unless u say Steins Gate is crap lol)
Steins;Gate is totally SH*T!
Sep 13, 2011 4:47 PM

Aug 2011
ChibiSamurai said:
type_silver said:

ok here we go... *drags chibi to a dark alley, smiles menacingly, pulls out a portable DVD player* WATCH IT ALL OVER AGAIN YOU!! lol xD
Sep 13, 2011 4:48 PM

Jul 2010
Have had Steins Gate in my favourites for a while now. Probably not ever gonna remove it from there :P

And I'm considering rewatching the whole series pretty soon.

shanimebib said:
Nope. We are not. The conspiracies of cataclysmic or transformative events have been tarnished by Okabe.

Okabe can stop asteroids and stuff? :O
Sep 13, 2011 4:48 PM

Jan 2011
Great ending to Great series glad it got all the fans it has now i expect to see alot of cosplayers as the lab members now haha, time to wait for the specials/movie :3.
Sep 13, 2011 4:49 PM

Feb 2009
webkid94 said:
Droplet said:

Trust me, Code Geass is a truly entertaining show no one should judge or deny that, though i don't agree with one of your top 5 shows...

Anyways, even if Steins;Gate may not be your favorite shows (top 5 wise), you have to admit: Hououin Kyouma definitely deserves top 10 character status. Yeah, Okabe you just beat Lelouch in my rank to be #1. You deserve it.

Just a great series, which started off slow ending amazingly.

Code Geass is definitely one of those shows where I stop caring about it being objectively good or bad, and just enjoy the ride.

Would really like to see Okabe right up there with the likes of Lelouch and L in terms of character favourites one day, even if that's a long way away. How he saved Kurisu was just EPIC. Solidified him as one of my favourite anime characters ever, if not my very favourite!
Sep 13, 2011 4:49 PM

Apr 2009
alexcampos said:
Droplet said:

I don't think anyone should judge you on Code Geass.....it's my #1, and here in MAL it has one of the highest ratings and one of the most popular anime.

Also, nice list :)
yah.. only most of the guys in Critics Club would.. heck, i'm a member but i still regard it as my top 5 due to sheer entertainment value and plot twist mindf*ck every week despite its flaws..

shanimebib said:
shiromegami said:

hey hey, my potential top 5 contender.. yah.. the production staff, fansubbers, and I should not die by 2012..

ChibiSamurai said:
type_silver said:
no no no..
Steins;Gate is totally THE SH*T!
Sep 13, 2011 4:50 PM

Jul 2011
shiromegami said:
ChibiSamurai said:
type_silver said:

ok here we go... *drags chibi to a dark alley, smiles menacingly, pulls out a portable DVD player* WATCH IT ALL OVER AGAIN YOU!! lol xD
I Honestly really wouldn't mind that XD it will give me an excuse to watch it again sooner
Sep 13, 2011 4:50 PM

Apr 2011
I love this series so much! Awesome final episode! There IS one small problem I had ...

What happened to the first Okabe that time-travelled back to stab Kurisu? Did one time machine just 'overwrite' the other? I have a feeling that was something they explained in the VN or manga but glossed over here.

Okabe's def on my favorite character list ... probably #2 behind Guts. He may not be able to swing a sword as well, but he's badass in his own way.

EDIT: Also, anime of the year, and top 5 of all time.
Sep 13, 2011 4:51 PM
Aug 2010
shiromegami said:
ChibiSamurai said:
type_silver said:

In another worldline, Chibi gets killed by Rounders XD
Sep 13, 2011 4:52 PM
Dec 2007
This last episode felt a bit average compared to the bunch of incredible episodes we've had lately (especially episode 23), but it was a nice ending anyway. Expected but still very well done. 9/10 for an outstanding time-travelling series.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 13, 2011 4:54 PM

Jul 2011
type_silver said:
shiromegami said:
ChibiSamurai said:
type_silver said:

The trouble is there isn't a real time machine that i know of for someone to try and save me ;(((
Sep 13, 2011 4:55 PM

Jun 2008
type_silver said:

Well, the fact that people are comparing S;G to other great anime is a GOOD thing...

It shows that the majority of people truly enjoyed S;G and they want to discuss how it measures up to other great anime.

I had originally done the MADOKA vs S;G thread.....and after seeing the final episode, I think S;G WINS, but only by a very small margin.

Either way, I'm thoroughly happy with S;G and how it turned out.
Sep 13, 2011 4:55 PM

Jun 2008
EL PSY CONGROO

'Nuf Said.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Sep 13, 2011 4:58 PM

Apr 2011
When Okabe tries to open his gut, I was like "WTF!?" "That's gotta hurt!"

Thought, the ending didn't surprise since I already spoiled myself a long time ago...

I'm sad it's finally over(the TV series atleast), but I'm happy that it's a nice ending. Okabe and Kurisu finally met up. I'm also curious who Darius bride will be too!

It was really a fun roller coaster ride. One of the best anime of 2011.

Thank you for the producers for this. It was hella lot of fun.

Operation Skuld: Success!

El Psy Congroo
MagitoSep 13, 2011 5:04 PM
Sep 13, 2011 4:58 PM

Aug 2011
alexcampos said:
type_silver said:

Well, the fact that people are comparing S;G to other great anime is a GOOD thing...

It shows that the majority of people truly enjoyed S;G and they want to discuss how it measures up to other great anime.

I had originally done the MADOKA vs S;G thread.....and after seeing the final episode, I think S;G WINS, but only by a very small margin.

is madoka really that great? might PTW it

Magito said:
Makise and Kurisu finally met up.

lol
Sep 13, 2011 4:59 PM

Jun 2008
stop derailing S;Gs glory... lol

http://sadpanda.us/images/653114-UPQL0TG.jpg
sakaSep 14, 2011 12:04 AM

Sep 13, 2011 4:59 PM
Aug 2010
ChibiSamurai said:
type_silver said:
shiromegami said:
ChibiSamurai said:
type_silver said:

The trouble is there isn't a real time machine that i know of for someone to try and save me ;(((

OR maybe in the alpha worldline, you loved steins gate, therefore avoiding the Attractor Field Convergence :P
Sep 13, 2011 5:00 PM

Jun 2010
alexcampos said:
type_silver said:

Indeed, it shows how great an anime Steins;Gate is. It's almost like Madoka in that the both start out with not so much expectations, but once it starts getting serious, it gets GOOD. Personally, I still like Madoka a bit more than S;G. But both are definitely in my top 5, and both are definitely the top two anime of the year so far.
Sep 13, 2011 5:04 PM

Nov 2009
Some people say they didn't like the lighthearted start with the comedy, but for me this is the thing that got me to love S;G and its characters. And usually i would have said "Oh, god, is this sci-fi thriller or comedy anime? Jesus." xD
Sep 13, 2011 5:04 PM
Aug 2010
Magito said:
Makise and Kurisu finally met up. I'm also curious who Darius bride will be too!

OH NOES Makise and Kurisu meeting means the world has come to an end!!! Daru's alter ego is Darius!!!
Sep 13, 2011 5:05 PM

Feb 2009
kaimax said:

Just looking at this image, I feel more emotion than I did at the end of this episode.
Sep 13, 2011 5:06 PM
Jun 2008
this Anime is masterpiece of the year
Sep 13, 2011 5:08 PM
Aug 2010
Droplet said:
kaimax said:

http://sadpanda.us/images/653114-UPQL0TG.jpg

Just looking at this image, I feel more emotion than I did at the end of this episode.

Because kurisu is crying and her facial expression
sakaSep 14, 2011 12:05 AM
Sep 13, 2011 5:09 PM

Jul 2011
Droplet said:
kaimax said:

you probably would have if it weren't for episodes 22 and 23 which were filled with sooo much emotion
Sep 13, 2011 5:11 PM

Feb 2010
Great ending to such a great show. Definitely one of the best animes I've seen in later years.

El Psy Congroo.

5/5;
10/10.
Sep 13, 2011 5:11 PM

Jun 2008
shiromegami said:
is madoka really that great? might PTW it

I think it is....and so do many others...

Yeah, it's overhyped, EXTREMELY overhyped, especially in Japan, but it was a legitimate great story and I would say that S;G and Madoka are the two top anime this year.

type_silver said:
Magito said:
Makise and Kurisu finally met up. I'm also curious who Darius bride will be too!

OH NOES Makise and Kurisu meeting means the world has come to an end!!! Daru's alter ego is Darius!!!

LOL!
Sep 13, 2011 5:12 PM

Jun 2011
Oh gosh. I love this anime. Great ending, I did not expect Okabe to use his own blood.
Anyway, awesome series. I wonder what the movie will be about.
Sep 13, 2011 5:13 PM

Jun 2008
type_silver said:
Droplet said:
kaimax said:

Watch this for more emotional. This is why you need to VN.

Sep 13, 2011 5:15 PM

Jul 2011
i can't stop crying
this was a real masterpiece

Sep 13, 2011 5:15 PM

Feb 2010
Can someone explain me what happened exactly?

i smell plothole , or there is something i dont understand...
Sep 13, 2011 5:16 PM
Feb 2011
For me Steins;Gate was just perfect. Im glad that ive dropped it before, thanks to it when i finished 23 ep, there was already 24ep to dl, so i could watch it without waiting;p

argilium said:
yah.. only most of the guys in Critics Club would.. heck, i'm a member but i still regard it as my top 5 due to sheer entertainment value and plot twist mindf*ck every week despite its flaws..

I guess you should be ready for another mindf**k in next season aka Mirai Nikki. Not as good as Steins;Gate, but definitely worthwhile + best yandere evah.

My little-different-than-yours fav list.

I guess that for me 5 fav limit is enough, since i have a hard time choosing anything after that.
Sep 13, 2011 5:17 PM
Aug 2010
kaimax said:
type_silver said:
Droplet said:
kaimax said:

Watch this for more emotional. This is why you need to VN.

Played the VN already XD
Sep 13, 2011 5:21 PM

Jun 2008
type_silver said:

Played the VN already XD

Too bad the True End video got flagged.

Sep 13, 2011 5:22 PM

Dec 2009
Finally, the anime finished. One of the best so far. 10/10

I want to play the Visual Novel, I have it but for some reason it doesn't want to load with the patch. It is really annoying me. Something about libvorbis.dll.

El Psy Congroo.
Sep 13, 2011 5:24 PM

Apr 2008
Is it bad that I lold at,

"NEED SUBSTITUTE FOR FAKE BLOOD...REAL BLOOD"
Pages (37) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The choice of Steins Gate

Otaku-Ri-chan - Mar 21

11 by Otaku-Ri-chan »»
Mar 26, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Sep 6, 2011

684 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 26, 3:17 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

800 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 26, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

acree - Jul 26, 2011

409 by Kanade234 »»
Mar 25, 9:44 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 23, 2011

325 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 25, 10:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.