3It was OK
2.2%
2Disliked it
0.8%
1Hated it
2.4%
Average 4.8
6,024 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (37) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 13, 2011 10:08 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

One of the best anime till date! I loved it how they rounded it up! It was so like Okabe to actually think it will work out just as he planned. But in the end he had to open his gut to save Kurisu.

When they showed the flower bouquet I was seriously like "No way! Not the grave!". And I was relieved to see the hospital empty bed instead. I love Mayushii so much! Her presence in the anime is as pleasant as the Sun during Spring! It was refreshing to see her memory from other world lines made her realize that Kurisu was there all along. So it wasn't solely Okarin who knew about Lab #004.

While Okabe made sure everyone getting their lab member badge, it was a nice way to show a world line where thus far, everyone is doing fine. It was actually nice of him to give Moeka a lab member badge despite going through all the pain in the alpha world line because of her :)

It was even better as he saved the final badge for Suzuha, who will be joining them as a new born baby in 7 years time! I really want to know who will be her mother though! Daru is left wondering yet again! Those who have seen the VN clips, 34 year old Daru actually is quite a hunk as one of the founding members of the resistance group Valkyrie.

And the anime called for a 10/10 after Kurisu, who seems to had been desperately looking for Okabe, finally finding him and in one of the most unusual places of all, on the streets of Akihabara. Fragments of her memories from other world lines remain as she retorted when Okabe called her by Christina and Assistant. I am certain that the fragments from the alpha world line, where they spent those three weeks will lead them to a romantic relationship in the current world line! ♥

This was an amazing experience despite having such a slow and confusing start to an anime I was reluctant to follow having been disappointed by Chaos;HEAd. It is indeed one of those very few shows that would make you regret if you haven't watched them week-in week-out as they aired. The second half of the anime had been an absolute roller-coaster ride. :)

Operation; Skuld - Successful

El Psy Congroo
shanimebibSep 13, 2011 1:16 PM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Sep 13, 2011 10:26 AM

Jun 2011
Mad Scientists shall live forever. El Psy Congroo.
Sep 13, 2011 10:31 AM

Jan 2009
my body and mind is rdy COME ... (cuz i spoiled myself a long time ago)
Sep 13, 2011 10:33 AM

May 2011
I JUST.... THEY MET AGAIN ;;___;; i'm so happy.
Sep 13, 2011 10:34 AM

Jul 2010

hmm...
4/5 7/10
Sep 13, 2011 10:42 AM

Oct 2010
If you reading this that means you have finished this series and witnessed the story of one man of the name of Okabe that has played around with time. Having notion of mythology and reference the God of Saturn, this series is far more than it shows. It’s not about science fiction anymore but about what not tot play around over the powers of what belongs to God, precisely the ones that governs the planet Saturn. The hidden message of all this series is that human are not ready for powers of God for they will destroy themselves and screw themselves over with it. Look at WW3 occurrence and dystopia occurrence. Was that not enough to see the consequences? This series truly shows whoever wrote it, the fears of wielding immense power obtained at a fraction of it to expand with dire consequences such as in this series through Okabe.

In short my masterpiece the following theory,
I concocted a rather interesting theory in regards to why Okabe and Mayuri may be special.

This could be a little out of this world but it may be possible. We still do not currently all the possibilities surrounding black holes and the human soul. We only know of certain things. I did not quite get the scene of 70 000 000 years and the earth's looks but I did pay some attention to that hour glass. Considering that as soon as it started cracking the world that was presented also started to crack. Thus Mayuri was shown crumbling while at first she was shown as a shadow. Now all that was sort of a like a vision for Okabe since he was kind of day dreaming while being a little strange. Of course it could all be a foreshadow to Mayuri's death as it happens after the hour glass breaks. Now Mayuri did say they were traveling around and Mayuri tried to find Okabe through the time lines and that the real you can really be another you in a different time line but you are the original. By original I am sure it may mean the soul. So comes my formulation based on the following,

Combining from the Ergosphere theorem part: Since the Ergosphere is outside the event horizon, it is still possible for objects to escape from the gravitational pull of the black hole. An object can gain energy by entering the black hole’s rotation and then escaping from it, thus taking some of the black hole's energy with it. This process of removing energy from a rotating black hole was proposed by the mathematician Roger Penrose in 1969, and is called the Penrose process.

Along with Heidegger's notion of temporal being as being the human body. I assume that Mayuri is in fact a soul that dragged Okabe into the Ergosphere while both were souls for no living body may ever survive due to its matter in a black hole. I also suspect due to this that Okabe and Mayuri have both black hole particles etched within their souls. Since they escaped most likely the Ergosphere and made it into earth as it was starting or more likely have existed since the beginning of earth as eternal souls but got separated and have only of all things found themselves 70 000 000 years in the future after countless Time Line travels. This would also explain why Okabe's DNA is resistant to all this time travel and Mayuri should be able to have that same advantage. Not only that but I highly suspect Mayuri went through a lot of shit so she isolated her true strength with cosplay/anime.

And so I still believe even after the end that Okabe/Mayuri are the most special and Makise is #1 in the tsunderes ever! Perhaps her and Okabe do make great lovers but Mayuri’s depth is beyond that of Makise. Makise was not with Okabe soul wise but Mayuri. That is why in thee end we have many couple pairings but mines will always be Mayuri x Okabe.
El Psy Congroo!
Series got its 10/10 Master Piece from me. Will miss it!

Big thanks to Saka for cleaning up this forum and Fai for being amazing with his theories and everyone who have been funny and interesting with their theories I had fun! Let's have a last blast! Party on!

Will only add my scenes. The first most touching one is the following,

that hand shake wit Mayuri was very touching to me. It also marked the time where Mayuri encouraged Okabe to save Makise. gave him a moral boost that was nice.

The second best is the following,

Okabe meeting Makise in the new World Line was amazing. Quite the end that was pleasing.

BTW Final Image Stitches of this series in the spoiler
for those who benefited of them may you have pleasant visual experiences. Moeka/Nae with Okabe/Makise stuff is nice. That's all.
Yumekichi11Sep 13, 2011 9:31 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 13, 2011 11:03 AM

Jul 2010
haven't watched yet.... btw,

Steins;Gate Movie Announced

well done! good work!

Art message from Huke.

omake
kusushiSep 14, 2011 12:48 PM
Sep 13, 2011 11:13 AM

Oct 2010
kusushi said:
ROFL! I was thinking about a movie right now. How coincidence there is one coming out.

However I want a Hollywood one. With real people! I want it now so bad! I can see so many actors doing Okabe, Mayuri and Makise. At least Japan should make one.

Sep 13, 2011 11:27 AM

Jul 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
kusushi said:
ROFL! I was thinking about a movie right now. How coincidence there is one coming out.

However I want a Hollywood one. With real people! I want it now so bad! I can see so many actors doing Okabe, Mayuri and Makise. At least Japan should make one.

yeah live action movie might be interesting... but plz, no more Hollywood rape...
kusushiSep 13, 2011 12:29 PM
Sep 13, 2011 11:35 AM

Oct 2010
Watching Crunchyroll Simulcast...NOW.
Visit my blog for my anime and video game sheet music! http://robusab.blogspot.com
Sep 13, 2011 11:39 AM
Jul 2010
FINALLY WATCHING!!
omgomgomgomgomgomg... >__<
Sep 13, 2011 11:46 AM

Jul 2010
waterflame said:
FINALLY WATCHING!!
omgomgomgomgomgomg... >__<

I'm watching too!
MAD Scientist Hououin Kyouma is back!
Sep 13, 2011 11:46 AM

Apr 2009
Best anime I've seen in this year...or maybe in my whole life... A real masterpiece. <3

El psy congroo.

Sep 13, 2011 11:47 AM

Oct 2010
kusushi said:
yeah live action movie might be interesting... but plz, no more Hollywood rape...
Nice pic but they need a younger version and more sexier.

Sep 13, 2011 11:55 AM
May 2011
I haven't read anything on top of this post..... Is there any unmasked spoiler???? I swear too God, if after all thrilling 23 episodes, to have it all ended with a spoiler in a forum, I'll jump from my 15th floor window!
Sep 13, 2011 12:01 PM

Oct 2010
OMG it's FINISHED. There are tears. Not a lot of tears. Not like Clannad tears.

Who else said "El Psy Congroo" with Okabe at the end???

Edit:

EL. PSY. CONGROO.
Makiroll_KSep 13, 2011 12:07 PM
Visit my blog for my anime and video game sheet music! http://robusab.blogspot.com
Sep 13, 2011 12:02 PM

Feb 2011
I laughed. I cried. I drank Dr Pepper. It's been a great ride, MALers. I'm glad I could enjoy it with you. El. Psy. Congroo.
Sep 13, 2011 12:05 PM

Oct 2010
I have to say that I did expect....

And also about Suzuha at the very end...

This whole series really deserves some thorough analysis, and an epic flowchart of hell.

EL. PSY. CONGROO.
Makiroll_KSep 13, 2011 12:09 PM
Sep 13, 2011 12:08 PM

Nov 2007
wow a lot of replies this fast.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

it's over :(

Good ending. El Psy Congroo! I suppose he went through 3 crazy weeks and the others only remember various pieces. he stopped the war but nobody will know the heroic efforts of the great HOOOOOUIN KYOOOOOUMA.

Glad to see him meet Christina again in the end, and handing out the lab member badges. I guess Daru gets some in 7 years? or will be 7 years old then?

I wonder who Daru gets with? Maybe Feyris? Possibly even Mayuri? Moeka?

solid 9 rating. really good thoughout.

oh and I kind of thought his present self would die to, but then his past self would keep going? ah I guess it gets confusing there.

basically Suzuha disappeared even with divergent time lines because they had crossed over into the "Stein's Gate" timeline. at least how I understood it.
Sep 13, 2011 12:09 PM

Apr 2009
Easily the best show I've watched in a long time. Also, apparently there's a movie?
Sep 13, 2011 12:09 PM
Jul 2010
Finished watching. Well... wow. Just wow. Really. True masterpiece.
Houoin Kyouma, I need MOAR, onegai, La Yohda Stasella, I desire you aid, MAKE MOAR!! LOL
Now, EVERYBODY!! EL. PSY. CONGROO!
Sep 13, 2011 12:10 PM

May 2010
Good ending. Great show.

That last "Tu-Tu-RU!" of the show got me, along with her merging the name okarin & "welcome back", lol.

And now the wait for the movie.
Sep 13, 2011 12:10 PM

Jan 2011
BANANA, BANANA, BANANA, downloading now.
1 Mbps sucks.

Now watching... I think i'm not gonna regret this.
kusushi said:
haven't watched yet.... btw,

Steins;Gate Movie Announced

omake

You. made. my. day. Seriously.

El. Psy. Congroo.
NiyawaSep 13, 2011 12:34 PM
Sep 13, 2011 12:21 PM

Jul 2010
oh, I enjoyed very much. It's finally finished...
I like this happy end. (well... about VN, actually it's a little bit burdensome to achieve this best ending.)
Although Steins;Gate world line has unknown future, Okarin seems optimistic about it.
And this ending song, "Another Heaven", reminds me a lot.

one of the best anime ever. looking forward to see movie next.

El Psy Congroo
kusushiSep 13, 2011 1:26 PM

Aug 2009
This was great, amazing, lovely, awesome, heart-warming, just fucking everything. I can't believe it ended...

An absolute masterpiece. 10/10. It will be a loooong time before we see another amazing anime like S;G.

Kudos to the ones that wrote this. I loved it. And I love you for writing it.

Sep 2010
Happy ending, feels good. 10/10 for ep, 9/10 overall.
Sep 13, 2011 12:22 PM

Nov 2009
I can't stop my tears ;_;
Bravo, Okabe!

10/10

Number 2 in my list ;_;

El Psy Congroo
bakuramariksSep 13, 2011 12:27 PM
Sep 13, 2011 12:25 PM

Dec 2007
Best anime ever or best anime ever?
Why ofcourse, that was a rhetorical question.

Waiting eagerly for the translation of the visual novel and lets not forget the movie ofcourse.

That was one hell of a ride, and I enjoyed that ride immensely.
Sep 13, 2011 12:27 PM

Oct 2010
STM said:
An absolute masterpiece. 10/10. It will be a loooong time before we see another amazing anime like S;G.
I have feeling Mirai Niki may be good in that but not sure. I am hopping it will fill the empty spot of time/space stuff that series having been finished provided.
rarri said:
Best anime ever or best anime ever?
Why of course, that was a rhetorical question.
Best anime most likely of 2011 at the very in the top spots of 5. For me.

Best anime is still in the charts Evangelion last I checked.

Sep 13, 2011 12:28 PM
May 2011
That ending pretty much nailed it. 10/10.
Sep 13, 2011 12:30 PM
Jul 2010
Wondering if the movie will be a recap or some kind of sequel/prequel/etc... I'm hoping for a new story!
Sep 13, 2011 12:30 PM

Dec 2010
Good ending. Great anime. 9/10 I will miss it.
Sep 13, 2011 12:32 PM
May 2011
Last couple of episodes disappointed me so Im deciding between a 7 or an 8 since the 9 I have right now is going down.

But I'll definitely say that Im going to watch the movie.
ban1o.jpg

Sep 2011
Nice last episode! 10/10 from me. ^^

Aug 2010
Happy ending so I am happy. I had a Ginga Bishounen flashback when Okabe showed up before Makise's father could hurt her.

Dec 2010
Oh my god what a big waste of my time. 6/10.

The beginning was better than the middle and ending. Ended pretty quick too. Bleh. Wouldn't watch again or recommend.
Sep 13, 2011 12:33 PM

May 2010
A fine ending indeed.
Sep 13, 2011 12:37 PM
Aug 2010
Amazing show, perfect ending. Can't wait for the movie to come out.

10/10
Sep 13, 2011 12:41 PM

Aug 2009
this fucking ending! hell yeah motherfcker
Sep 13, 2011 12:42 PM
May 2011
One thing though...
Daru asked who he got Suzuha with and she said it was a secret. Then the camera suspiciously switched to Mayuri... ಠ_ಠ
Sep 13, 2011 12:44 PM

May 2008
So sad it finished :(

El psy congroo.
Sep 13, 2011 12:44 PM
Jul 2010
thekaas said:
One thing though...
Daru asked who he got Suzuha with and she said it was a secret. Then the camera suspiciously switched to Mayuri... ಠ_ಠ

Yeah, seemed weird to me too lol Who knows....
Sep 13, 2011 12:45 PM

Jan 2010
It finally finished. I cried, I laughed, and i cheered at the end lol
El Psy Congroo!
"Do you have any idea how stupid we are? Don't underestimate us!"
-Gintama
Sep 13, 2011 12:49 PM

Jan 2011
The questions that is still unanswered, who is Daru's bride? @@
Sep 13, 2011 12:50 PM

Feb 2011
Suzuha disappeared because it was a world line shift just like any other. Okabe shifted to a world line in which Suzuha never went back to the past.
Sep 13, 2011 12:50 PM

Mar 2011
The will of Steins Gate has been fulfilled.
Sep 13, 2011 12:51 PM

Feb 2011
With this, one of the most awesome series ends

This serie definitely deserves 10/10
Sep 13, 2011 12:53 PM

Jul 2010
What a wonderful way to conclude everything! While it didn't have the emotional punch of episodes 22 and 23 (nor does it need to), it was absolutely fantastic in its own right. Ties everything up nicely, and more importantly, Kurisu is saved :D

Overall this show was one fucking hell of a ride. First half dealt nicely with human curiosity and gave off a perfectly fitting mysterious and intriguing atmosphere, while the second half focuses on the repercussions of said curiosity, and takes a sudden plunge into despair. From there on it's a painful, yet ultimately uplifting journey as Okabe rights all of his wrongs. The last 4 episodes are pure gold in terms of how flawlessly they are executed, and how effectively they can manipulate one's emotions (mine at least).

I didn't think I would need to change up my favorites list twice within half a year, but with shows like Madoka and now this coming on air, I've gotta say--2011 has been a superb year and I'm one satisfied anime watcher ^__^

Ridiculously good show. 10/10, #1 on my list =)
Sep 13, 2011 12:54 PM
Aug 2010
thekaas said:
One thing though...

I don't think Suzuha's mother could be Mayuri since Suzuha exists in worldlines where Mayuri dies (if Mayuri were her mother, she shouldn't exist in those worldlines).
Sep 13, 2011 12:55 PM

Apr 2010
linnaes said:
What a wonderful way to conclude everything! While it didn't have the emotional punch of episodes 22 and 23 (nor does it need to), it was absolutely fantastic in its own right. Ties everything up nicely, and more importantly, Kurisu is saved :D

Overall this show was one fucking hell of a ride. First half dealt nicely with human curiosity and gave off a perfectly fitting mysterious and intriguing atmosphere, while the second half focuses on the repercussions of said curiosity, and takes a sudden plunge into despair. From there on it's a painful, yet ultimately uplifting journey as Okabe rights all of his wrongs. The last 4 episodes are pure gold in terms of how flawlessly they are executed, and how effectively they can manipulate one's emotions (mine at least).

I didn't think I would need to change up my favorites list twice within half a year, but with shows like Madoka and now this coming on air, I've gotta say--2011 has been a superb year and I'm one satisfied anime watcher ^__^

Ridiculously good show. 10/10, #1 on my list =)

I couldn't say it any better, and it seems we have similar tastes! :)

An absolute 10/10 in my book, faved it, it's number 2.
So, who is Daru's bride? M, K, A?
Definietly going to rewatch this again once the BD discs are out, and can't wait for the movie and the special.

El. Psy. Congroo.
Pages (37) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - May 17, 2011

309 by DmtTrean »»
Apr 9, 12:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - May 3, 2011

280 by Mahmoud636363 »»
Apr 9, 4:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.