Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 11, 2011 2:40 PM

Jul 2010
Dammit Yukio, you let yourself get influenced by your grandfather and now this! He has even gone full blown demon now. Let's see where this'll go.

Sep 11, 2011 2:45 PM

Jun 2008
Lulexiaa said:
Is it me or was the art REALLY terrible this episode? O___O

It wasn't you. The art had quite a few horrible moments.

I don't know this whole thing came too fast. The whole plot feels rushed. The developments didn't have enough time to pick our interest. That grandpa took authority from one moment to the other and in an extreme short time he already started the finale of his plans.
Sep 11, 2011 2:48 PM

Jun 2009
Hah, it was expected that old man had some fishy plans, didn't think he'd try to kill Rin though.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Sep 11, 2011 2:48 PM

Jun 2008
What the fuck is pretty much all I can muster. I really thought it would turn into brother vs. brother but honestly, I think it turned into something a little more stupid and I hate the people that deserve to fucking die DON'T FUCKING DIE. Yukio is a fucking moron, Rin really didn't know any better, and the grandfather deserves to have his face put through a deli slicer and feed his body to Satan. Is it bad that I'm rooting for Satan now because of this shit?
Sep 11, 2011 2:50 PM

Aug 2011
I thought this ep was terrible, I was hoping they would leave the ending a bit open so that they could always carry it on if it ever rose in popularity but no. Quality's dipped big time, already ruining the characters and the show :(
Sep 11, 2011 3:10 PM
Mar 2010
That's it, this anime ended at episode 15, such a shame.
Sep 11, 2011 3:16 PM
Dec 2007
Wow, we've officially hit the wall today. This was one of the greatest trainwrecks I've ever seen in anime history, the plot suddenly stopped making any sense and everything was rushed like there's no tomorrow. I'm totally dumbfounded by this episode, it's just as if the production team planned a 52 episodes series and the producers suddenly cancelled the second season to make it 25 episodes less than one month until the last episode was produced and all the scriptwriters had been forced to rush an ending out of nowhere (and without having build up anything ressembling a plot up to episode 20). For now, the series is like : an introduction consisting of two (excellent) episodes, new background and new characters appearing in the following 3/4 episodes, 10 episodes of filler, 3/4 episodes of semi-development without anything from the main plot being revealed and then everything is thrown without explanation and planning on episodes 20 and 21, then the episode 22 changes everything, not once but twice in the same episode. It's just ridiculous.

And what the heck with the Mononoke opening boar scene being reused almost word for word and shot for shot out of context ? That was extremely strange to say the least.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 11, 2011 3:18 PM

May 2009
Lightyear8684 said:
I hope that grandpa will die slowly and very, very painfully along with Yukio.

THIS IS IT
Sep 11, 2011 3:33 PM

Mar 2009
confuser987 said:
Princess Mononoke boar?

This. Read my mind!

This episode was just awesome!

Sep 11, 2011 3:43 PM

Jan 2011
People complaining about Yukio changing all of a sudden aren't making sense. This ENTIRE series we've seen that Yukio has had a SEVERE inferiority complex, all the stupid shit he's done is the consequence of that. Someone lying to him promising him power and the ability to protect Rin is EXACTLY something he would fall for...

But oh well

HATERS GONNA HATE
Sep 11, 2011 4:03 PM

Jul 2009
I may well be alone, but I'm favouring Yukio at the moment; being the non-fighter, smart and trused by all makes for a genuien underdog, it's a change from the usual - typical, impressionable teen turned action hero in an instance.
Plus I like the aniti-villian/anti-hero argument that's now present (or could have arised).
Also, I liked seeing Yukio showing some naivity; it's about time he acted his age.

Sep 11, 2011 4:11 PM

Jan 2011
Queen_Stars said:
I may well be alone, but I'm favouring Yukio at the moment; being the non-fighter, smart and trused by all makes for a genuien underdog, it's a change from the usual - typical, impressionable teen turned action hero in an instance.
Plus I like the aniti-villian/anti-hero argument that's now present (or could have arised).
Also, I liked seeing Yukio showing some naivity; it's about time he acted his age.

+1
Sep 11, 2011 4:32 PM
Dec 2010
Tenchi_Ryu said:
People complaining about Yukio changing all of a sudden aren't making sense. This ENTIRE series we've seen that Yukio has had a SEVERE inferiority complex, all the stupid shit he's done is the consequence of that. Someone lying to him promising him power and the ability to protect Rin is EXACTLY something he would fall for...

But oh well

HATERS GONNA HATE

Exactly! Anyway, I thought this episode was great. 5/5 from me.
Sep 11, 2011 4:41 PM

Apr 2011
Yeah, the boar-god was definately straight outta Princess Mononoke. I felt sorry for him, but clearly Yukio did not. Of course, he couldn't hear the boar's words ... or could he? By that time he seemed to have already mutated claws, so maybe he could hear them after all.

Does the Evil Masked Pope remind anyone else of Joey Rats, our current Evil Pope? It could just be me...

GOD Yukio looked so badass with Satan's flames reflecting off of his eyeglasses, and the horns coming off his head. I can't believe there's still 3 episodes left, this felt more like a penultimate episode. I predict a huge conclusion coming up that'll take at least 2 or 3 eps to complete, probably with Rin returning to life and the crew diving into Hell ... I mean Gehenna to save the world from Evil Pope and his Hell Bomb.

AAA does need a serious ass-kicking, and Shura's just the girl to do it. She needs to stop calling him bald, though, or cut his hair off herself. The guy's got like 4 feet of hair!

Episode kicked ass, I'm really enjoying the anime-original stuff :) 5/5
Sep 11, 2011 4:48 PM

May 2009
OMG! THIS IS SO AMZING! Rin on the X !!! Yukio going crazy!!!! AMAZING!
Sep 11, 2011 4:54 PM

May 2010
What. the. hell..?!
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Sep 11, 2011 4:54 PM

Jan 2009
this is fucked

Sep 11, 2011 5:06 PM

Aug 2011
first one i've rated 5 since ep 15! that was awesome

yukio as a paladin made me gasp but it just doesn't suit him; wtf was his demon power?

lol @ shura calling x-paladin baldy again

what an asshole grandpa........ lets see some rin action!
Sep 11, 2011 5:18 PM
Jul 2018
You people should read the manga.. I've started reading it and its a lot better... The anime is still good... but the last few episodes are so rushed its like holy shit. I still like Yukio sure he was an idiot but maybe this will be like a big slap in the face and he'll so something about it.
Sep 11, 2011 5:19 PM

Apr 2011
So Satan is in Yukio's body?

What the fuck is the point of that?
Sep 11, 2011 5:22 PM

Aug 2008
This episode was interesting ~ Yukio shouldn't trust people so easily. Poor Rin, what will happen to him now? I think maybe Yukio got mad and unleashed his power. I can't wait to see what will happen!
Sep 11, 2011 5:23 PM
Jul 2018
Maybe he had Satan's power all along and now its just coming out?
Or like someone else said he actually has Satan possess him...
Though that means he would die because there's no way he has as much power as their father the priest guy who I forgot his name...
Sep 11, 2011 5:30 PM

Oct 2010
VioLink said:
Yukio you just went FULL RETARD

SHIMA HAS A GUN FUCK YEAH!!!!!
Yeah he does! :D
xSimplicity said:
So much shit just when down. Sorry for the language.. It's just that.. WTF.

I can't believe Yukio was gonna kill the little cat! That lost him a bunch of brownie points.
Yeah WTF was that! I knew he was not normally himself.
Bitterblue said:
Die, you stupid so-called "grandpa".
Yeah fucker must die but he did not affect me emotionally that much. It was more Yukio than anything else.

I hope they make Fujimoto's soul come back to stop Satan's spred in Yukio. I there is anyone who can do it, it's Fujimoto! Go Fujimoto go! KICK SATAN'S ASS TO OBLIVION! Heck yeah! Who is with me on that one?

Bring back Fujimoto! Yeah!

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 11, 2011 5:32 PM

Jun 2008
Kanzaki_H_Aria said:

That is what my friend suggested. I still can't grasp why or how that would happen. Also, if that is true, why is the grandfather still the only one standing? I'm so confused...
Sep 11, 2011 5:36 PM

Jan 2009
Monad said:
Lulexiaa said:

It wasn't you. The art had quite a few horrible moments.

I don't know this whole thing came too fast. The whole plot feels rushed. The developments didn't have enough time to pick our interest. That grandpa took authority from one moment to the other and in an extreme short time he already started the finale of his plans.

I Totally agree, it feels like a F! race, just like "No time to explain, get in the car" feeling, it seems like a good plot but its so rushed that i just cant believe anything of what its happening.

I guess this is going to be another FMA, years from now they gonna say "hey, remember all that shit that we made with Ao no Exorcist back then, well forget about it, here's a remake that actually develops the story"
Signature removed. Please check your private messages.
Sep 11, 2011 5:38 PM

Oct 2010
angeldranger said:
I want to strangle the grandfather!
I want to cut him up in small pieces and feed him to the lions only to be shitted out as lots of grease.
Harii said:
And they ruined Yukio's character!! Unforgivable!!!
Only because they made him turn around towards his allies. Let it be a lesson to all, never trust someone part of hell. Why? You saw it, they can get possessed by their old benefactors and turn against you anytime.
SoraKuro said:
To be honest, I never liked Yukio in the anime. "Yes, if we kill all the demons in this world, me and Rin can become humans and live happily ever after! Oh, these demons didn't do anything wrong?
Who cares, they should all die for it's because of them you all fall sick. It's them you all have to bear children in pain and most of all it's all them for all the shit that happened.

You know famine? NEVER SHOULD EXIST! Why? Because there is enough food on earth for all should we share it. Looks like Satan does not want to do that now does he? [/ramble]

But you can't deny the possibility many bad shits are Satan's fault or evil entity. They say the greatest trick the devil pulled was making us think he did not exist. What dis the grandpa do again? Making himself not reveal his true nature thus deceiving Yukio. Sounds like Satan's doing, at least we know that Grandpa there may have been already under Satan just too stupid to realize it.
SolidSnakeUS said:
Kanzaki_H_Aria said:

Also, if that is true, why is the grandfather still the only one standing? I'm so confused...
Because Satan is always nice to those who serve him by sparing them last when all are dead. Most likely

Sep 11, 2011 5:44 PM

Jan 2011
The Bitching in this thread is starting to become toxic, especially when these folks don't even represent the MAJORITY
Sep 11, 2011 6:15 PM

Feb 2010
WTF is this. I can't even...

oh well.. at least Blackie-neko didn't get shot.

I'm looking forward to Mephisto coming back and kicking some ass!
Sep 11, 2011 6:35 PM

Oct 2010
i think Rin is still a demon coz we can still see his ears pointy and all. I think maybe Satan possessed Yukio, or the gate caused the spread for him to become demon faster. Another cliffhanger. i don't think i can survive ;A;
----
it still feels weird watching this. But i can sort of feel for Yukio coz he only did this to save his brother... and partly himself.
Pope ernst is mad.
otakuhimeSep 11, 2011 6:38 PM
Sep 11, 2011 6:37 PM

Dec 2009
is it me or is this a filler again...

if so, then I think (my hypothesis) the series is going to end with fillers and there probably won't be a second season because
1) they didn't follow on the manga when where Shiemi & Rin are "arguing" (which I don't know why in the manga, but actually love that they changed that in the anime)
2) In the fillers, as you can see. Not following the manga...

so, if I'm correct, probably won't be a second season because it'll all be weird with fillers. Which they never do. And because of that they'll have to do a remake, if they choose to do but... again, probably won't?
I could say this for sure. "I'll never understand the Japanese" - on how they choose their manga to anime & all that stuff
Sep 11, 2011 6:55 PM

Dec 2009
@waalex11
Yes, there all obviously fillers since they have to finish it for only 25 episodes, like the first FMA series they changed to story line just to fit on 51 episodes because their was only few manga being released back then just like this one. It sucks but I hope this to be remade like they did on FMA Brotherhood.
Sep 11, 2011 7:27 PM

Dec 2009
Well............huh. The Anime is now giving me a COMPLETE feeling that they're going with a 'Star Wars-esque- ending. The so-called-grandfather is telling Yukio that he can make Rin turn back into a regular human and now Yukio is blindly following him so he can save Rin and protect Rin like Fujimoto told Yukio to do and now he's carrying out Order Jacob's Ladder (like Anakin's Order 66 - killing all Jedi, here it's killing all demons). Plus, Yukio is changing just like Anakin did and is not thinking but doing everything he thinks is right to him because now he's been brainwashed and made to think things by the so-called-grandfather. Annnnnd, there's Rin trying to get him to stop Yukio doing this but Yukio hurts him (Just like Anakin to Padme!).

I mean, look at this video and tell me when they kill the Jedis it's SERIOUSLY similar to this scenes where they're all killing demons:

http://www.youtube.com/watch&rel=1">http://www.youtube.com/watch&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

But, now, Yukio is scaring me. I have noooo idea what is going to happen to him next! But, he got nails out to attack Rin? And, Rin is going to be executed to open Gehenna Gate and Mephisto escaped?~ Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. WHAT"S GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT?! D':
sillyker0nianSep 11, 2011 8:19 PM
Sep 11, 2011 7:30 PM

Dec 2009
gendouhydeist said:
@waalex11
Yes, there all obviously fillers since they have to finish it for only 25 episodes, like the first FMA series they changed to story line just to fit on 51 episodes because their was only few manga being released back then just like this one. It sucks but I hope this to be remade like they did on FMA Brotherhood.

damn... that means I'll have to be hoping for a remake, in many years after........ but, I cant wait! x3
Sep 11, 2011 7:33 PM

Jan 2011
gendouhydeist said:
@waalex11

I like that idea.
FMA kinda bombed itself at the end, but FMA Brotherhood was freaking amazing! I'm glad they remade it!
It would be awesome to see them do the same for ANE. After they get ahead in the manga...or even finish it!
Sep 11, 2011 7:36 PM

Jun 2011
Yukio was a giant idiot this episode. And the exorcist massacring the demons like that is just wrong. I felt sick to my stomach when I watched that, I flippin' abhor it when people just kill creatures like that.
Was it Satan or was it Yukio in demon form that appeared near the end of the episode?
Sep 11, 2011 7:38 PM

Jan 2011
I think A LOT of you are forgetting that Yukio is only 15 years old, so he lacks some of the maturity he tries to portray himself as having. Its very easy to manipulate someone when they are young, emotional, and confused.
Sep 11, 2011 7:41 PM

Jun 2011
Derpyderp said:
Anyone else who thought that the part with the boar demon was a Princess Mononoke reference?

It had to have been! (;

Another great episode like always. And who was that DEMON at the end!??! It was obviously Satan - right? But had he taken over Yukio!?!?! AHHHHH THIS EPISODE WAS CRAZY! When Rin was getting shocked my heart hurt. Then there was that yummy bit of Memiphisto nomming. I WISH THERE WAS MORE MEMIPHISTO in all episodes. :c
Sep 11, 2011 8:02 PM

May 2010
I'm surprised a lot of people are hating on this episode, 'cause it's exciting. I don't see it messing with Yukio's character at all. And at least it's not perverting the manga plotline like it did back in ep. 16-17. (Though the Vatican coup does seem a bit out there.)

And at the end with Yukio in flames and his glasses, it looked like a flashback to Father Fujimoto.

(And another thing about the manga adaptation: we knew they were going to have to pad it with fillers to make a 25 ep series, since there isn't that much of the manga out. There are only about 7+ volumes of the manga out. And since the current arc with the Impure King isn't over yet (I think), they couldn't start to adapt that. The Impure King arc starts right after Rin's acquittal by that court, which is approximately ep. 17. If you're going to blame the anime makers, blame them for making the series too long, rather than for writing filler.)
IceAndCreamSep 11, 2011 8:12 PM
Sep 11, 2011 8:23 PM
Jun 2011
Lightyear8684 said:
I hope that grandpa will die slowly and very, very painfully along with Yukio.

YES
Sep 11, 2011 8:34 PM

Oct 2010
I agree with the Stars Wars theory. The model is similar in regards to destroy all demons like destroying all Jedis.

Annakins's order 66 is indeed like this order to kill all demons.

Sep 11, 2011 8:39 PM

Aug 2011
Lulexiaa said:

No, I also found it gay, especially at the end where Yukio is a demon......
Filler No Exorcist is going downhill ~
Sep 11, 2011 8:55 PM
Sep 2011
IceAndCream said:
Ga ga ga....WUT????

Did they move Rin's demon-ness to Yukio????

Since I didn't understand what they were saying, I was guessing at first they were just trying to use Rin to open the way to Gehenna. I hope Rin's OK....

remember how father Fujimoto was possessed by satan? i'm assuming it's similar with Yukia at this point.
Sep 11, 2011 8:56 PM
Sep 2011
Lulexiaa said:
far as i can tell? just you. :P

the story took a HUGE twist, so it almost seems like a new series altogether now, but the art seems pretty much the same to me.
Sep 11, 2011 9:05 PM

Oct 2010
gnome64 said:
Lulexiaa said:
far as i can tell? just you. :P

the story took a HUGE twist, so it almost seems like a new series altogether now, but the art seems pretty much the same to me.
Take that back! Look in spoiler
does that look EPIC for Yukio's face? Hell no!

Sep 11, 2011 9:26 PM

Jan 2011
lol..Mephisto's picture drawings are worst then rukia's from bleach.
Sep 11, 2011 9:39 PM

Apr 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
Take that back! Look in spoiler
does that look EPIC for Yukio's face? Hell no!

Oh god DAT face LOL xD Yeah, that alone is making me downgrade AoEx to a 7.

Brb, gotta go get the giggles out of my system ahahaha

..back. Here's a motivational poster if anyone wants
apolloisfineSep 11, 2011 9:56 PM
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Sep 11, 2011 9:45 PM

Oct 2009
AH CLIFFHANGER D:!!! I hate you so much! Anyways, can't wait till next week! OMG mephistos drawings was LOL'ing the whole time XD and Poor Rin D:! I kept calling the grandpa "You son-of-a-B***h! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING TO MY RIN!? I HOPE YOUR FAT-A** DIES IN HELL D:<!!!!" around those lines XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2011 10:03 PM

Jun 2011
PURE EPICNESS!!!
Sep 11, 2011 10:07 PM

Feb 2011
I can't say I understand why people hate this and come on here just to complain. Not only that, but they're snide about it instead of rationally stating why they dislike it. If they presented a reason for their dislike of this anime, I might actually hear their opinion, because I understand tastes are subjective. But coming on here to drop a random complaint about how it's deviating from the manga or has changed into a "filler" anime (when this is clearly NOT filler) helps nobody. It's actually very childish, and it misrepresents the people who rationally dislike the anime.

Anyway, yeah. That's a 5 for me. The storytelling is very quickly paced, but I'm not sure whether or not it's doing a poor job. I won't be able to say until the end of 25 whether this season was a success, and that will really be based on how they tie things together. I hope we get a look back at how all of these events transpired (and possibly a lead-in to the deus ex machina that's heading our way) because this particular arc could use further exploration. It's possible that the anime might even set the way for future manga arcs.

The episode was incredible however. Sensationalist? Just a pinch. (Understatement.) No, "kill all demons" is not an original concept, but it's a common concept in literature, film, and animation. I won't say it's overused because I think any idea can be reused effectively with the proper execution. Either way, I look forward to what they bring next.
If you lived in your computer, you'd be home already.
Sep 11, 2011 10:18 PM

Jan 2011
Once again another excellent post TOC
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 31, 2011

191 by XILG »»
Apr 16, 11:29 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 22, 2011

202 by XILG »»
Apr 11, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Zeando - May 1, 2011

239 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Apr 24, 2011

310 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 17, 2011

302 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.