MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Dantalian no Shoka Episode 9 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Dantalian no Shoka »» Dantalian no Shoka Episode 9 Discussion

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Dantalian no Shoka Episode 9 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

29 33.33%
4 out of 5: Liked it

24 27.59%
3 out of 5: It was OK

19 21.84%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

10 11.49%
1 out of 5: Hated it

5 5.75%
Voters: 87

09-09-11, 9:46 AM
News Team
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Introduces the girl who looks like ugly ver. of Nausicaa... even the pair got ugly.

Poisonous medicine to kill a strong bug... It's not working...

Then the soldier is blaming that the medicine was not made sooner...

And the way to kill the bugs are to read the book.

Oh, they went into a world of book, so the art was different.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

09-09-11, 1:05 PM

Well, at the beggining I was wondering 'What the hell happened to art?' O.O In the end, I understood why xD
Anyway, I didn't like the episode, I got really bored while watching it...
Btw, what's wrong with the episode numbers (not on the MAL), why does it say that the next will be episode 12? I noticed this awhile ago xD
[img]http://i.imgur.com/Wau74KS.png[/img]
C.C.O. | T.C.O. | R.A.C.E. | Myoren Temple | A.C.P. | A.B.C. | TFCC | TSC | VOMIC

09-09-11, 3:11 PM

not much to say about this episode... the whole "your role is to get boss around" part had me laughing a bit since at end Disward kinda does all she asks with out complaining.
huh?

09-09-11, 4:50 PM

Art style freaked me out, glad it made sense in the end..

09-09-11, 5:29 PM

What an ingenious way to have a low budget episode. To make it obvious that they were in a world inside a book, the art was like that of a book, although it was of course animated.

The episode was so-so.

So, the series is starting off really slowly, Dalian is a child Loli (rather than the sexualised kind), it's set in a European country (My homeland) just after the first world war, there's another girl (Camilla) that Dalian calls names, Dalian is also a knowledgeable/intelligent girl who does most the thinking and bosses the protagonist around. What is this, Gosick?

09-09-11, 6:28 PM

I ಠ_ಠ'd for like forever.

09-09-11, 7:05 PM

I like the art, I like it better than the rest of the season

09-09-11, 7:34 PM

my god was that boring,i felt bad but thought it was funny at the same time when she thought the town was safe and i yelled out *Kaboom!* and you know the rest XD.

-1 for art even if it was a book.

09-09-11, 8:05 PM

Heiwajima_Mayu said:
Well, at the beggining I was wondering 'What the hell happened to art?' O.O In the end, I understood why xD
Anyway, I didn't like the episode, I got really bored while watching it...
Btw, what's wrong with the episode numbers (not on the MAL), why does it say that the next will be episode 12? I noticed this awhile ago xD

I think this has been discussed before.. but there were some episodes that we're 2 part episodes and they counted as 2 eps. That's why we're through 11 story lines already..

I enjoyed the art... the episode wasn't amazing, but I enjoyed the setting.

09-09-11, 8:41 PM
Anime Moderator
InfiniteRyvius said:
What an ingenious way to have a low budget episode. To make it obvious that they were in a world inside a book, the art was like that of a book, although it was of course animated.

It isn't low budget art. The art is courtesy of Osamu Kobayashi, who provided this episode's storyboard direction.
TL Notes: Some information are worth more than a simple note from the translator.

09-09-11, 9:08 PM

Whoa! The art looks so different!

09-09-11, 9:36 PM

Oh god, it's TTGL ep4 all over again.

09-09-11, 9:43 PM

I figured it was a book when they were at that fortress and Dalian said "it's too late for this world" or whatever. It just made sense to me almost instantly.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.

09-09-11, 10:32 PM

Worst episode of the series so far.

09-09-11, 10:37 PM

arsonal said:
InfiniteRyvius said:

It isn't low budget art. The art is courtesy of Osamu Kobayashi, who provided this episode's storyboard direction.

I still think it looked and animated low budget. I mean just look at a still frame like this:

You shouldn't have bad art that close up if you have a good budget.

09-09-11, 10:50 PM

RyanSaotome said:
arsonal said:
InfiniteRyvius said:

I still think it looked and animated low budget. I mean just look at a still frame like this:

You shouldn't have bad art that close up if you have a good budget.

I totally concur with Ryan Saotome. The storybook style was well-drawn for backgrounds, but the animation was just dreadful. Character movements were jerky and had a very low framerate. Mouth flaps were off, and had inconsistent shapes. All in all it was very disconcerting to watch. Barring some incomprehensible stylistic motive, this is probably the worst animation I have ever seen out of Gainax.

Overall, my frustration with this episode reflects my frustration with the show in general. The change in style and the concept of the story had so much potential. The first minute had me thinking that this could be the episode that brings this series into it own. Sadly, it failed at this and ended up being one of the worst episodes. The ending is particularly to blame, as it made you question whether the story you watched had any value whatsoever.

09-09-11, 10:51 PM

That was... strange.
The mouth movements were really distracting.

09-09-11, 10:56 PM

Bdiah said:
Barring some incomprehensible stylistic motive, this is probably the worst animation I have ever seen out of Gainax.

The only episode by Gainax I think was worse animated was TTGL Ep. 4... and guess what, it was the same guy!

How does this guy still have a job?

09-10-11, 1:19 AM

Dear Gainax,

Never do that again for the love of god.

- KiraMustDie

09-10-11, 1:37 AM

Dalian has eyebrow fetish :D

Eeeh Fushigi Yuugi. They went inside the book.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices