3It was OK
15.9%
2Disliked it
4.5%
1Hated it
9.1%
Average 3.8
44 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2011 9:43 AM

May 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So he gets neither in the end?

feelsbadman
Nov 20, 2011 8:00 PM

Sep 2009
He was cheating on both girls so i think he deserves it.
Dec 13, 2011 4:43 AM

Jul 2009
I just love how Takuro said the same words at the end that Tsukiko had said to him in the very beginning of the manga when they first met.
Dec 19, 2011 2:06 AM
May 2009
did anyone else feel the end was too quick?
Mar 16, 2012 4:20 PM

Mar 2009
d76th said:

know that feel

and i think he deserved that end because, he, like always, ran away from reality (maria).

overral a good manga, a little hasty but good.
Jan 10, 2013 7:25 AM
Nov 2010
would have hope for a better end but think it serve him right
Hi
Jul 19, 2013 8:05 AM
Jul 2013
I thought this is going to have a good ending but I was surprisingly wrong.

Was the Fuhrer the monkey and he just used the image of his keeper ?
How was he able to speak ? Why does everyone in his army used his image too ?
Jul 30, 2013 9:55 PM
Jan 2013
"Thank you for being born."

I didn't ever think when I started reading this manga that it would give me these feels.
Oct 11, 2013 10:33 PM

Jun 2010
I think trying to a "reality vs. fantasy" story and a sci-fi "recognizably human AI" story really muddles things up. If the AI is basically human, than isn't she "real"? She certainly seem to have emotions, reason, and free will. Isn't making a distinction based on whether she has flesh and blood a bit shallow given the capabilities of the technology in this story? Go read Ghost in the Shell!

Rather than whether Tsukiko is "real", it's more of a problem that Takuro deceived and manipulated her into loving him, a serious form of abuse. That’s what’s not real about all of this. That’s why Takuro is a useless jerk. Also, why is Tsukiko so willing to kill the human Takuro after creating her virtual copy? She's been a major character the whole series and this violent behavior seems to come out of nowhere.

I do really like the role-reversal, though. Takuro went online to shun the real world and play with a toy girl (although I've already mentioned my problems with this), and in the end Tsukiko did the same, choosing to create a copy of Takuro and destroy the original, turning him into the victim of the same kind of selfish thinking he indulged in. If Tsukiko wasn't so likable and this behavior so tough to swallow from her, it'd be a pretty sharp satire.

I also feel like Nagao giving birth to "Tsukiko" was just a too-clever way of ending the series. It's not as if the AI Tsukiko and the human one are the same individual, not to mention the whole "virtual DNA" idea being kind of goofy.

d76th said:

The little comic the author did at the back of the book might indicate that it got cancelled. "It's been decided that you have to bring the story to an end", the author is told. A cancelled series often results in a hasty, confused ending.

GinKin said:

Yes, the chimp used the computer in his cage to access the internet and used his keeper's image, perhaps because he was the human he saw most often. He presumably "spoke" in the game world by using some sort of software.

His army was made up of losers that didn't like their own identities so they were happy to subsume theirs to his. This kind of thing happens in reality, so it's a pretty clever touch by this story.
FronzelOct 11, 2013 11:17 PM
Oct 21, 2013 6:44 AM

Oct 2012
It was a nice manga.

Gave it an 8/10 overall.

"Why did he have to surrender, what is more in the outside world, huh, sumptuousness, freedom? Nowhere in the world are you going to find them fools! Fools!" -USSR president, Future War 198X-nen
Nov 14, 2013 3:58 AM
Mar 2010
I was laughing at a bunch of it along the way, but then the story actually became engaging, and I felt for the characters. It's a real shame it just got cancelled like that. I would have liked to see a more constructed end to the story. It was also a real bummer that he ended up with nothing, but remembering Takuro's misdeeds, and how he abandoned reality by walking away from Maria, he got exactly what he deserved. But it still feels bad, and I'm in a contemplative mood now. :|

Fronzel said:
GinKin said:

Yes, the chimp used the computer in his cage to access the internet and used his keeper's image, perhaps because he was the human he saw most often. He presumably "spoke" in the game world by using some sort of software.

His army was made up of losers that didn't like their own identities so they were happy to subsume theirs to his. This kind of thing happens in reality, so it's a pretty clever touch by this story.

Yeah, I really liked that part even though I didn't get it immediately. The serious tone of that moment and the meaning behind the threat really contrasts with the ridiculous things that happen elsewhere in the series.

I also like how Ehara's face was a reference to the Guy Fawkes mask, and together they were all "Anonymous". Pretty sure I saw one of the Eharas do a trollface at one point as well.
Mar 24, 2014 3:51 PM

May 2009
This manga is kinda sad actually~
The ending did feel rushed, but i'm glad Tsukiko lives in the end.
"Thank you for being born"... the words everyone should hear at least once in their lifetime
Feb 26, 2016 7:02 PM

Aug 2013
No one deserves this. You normalfags need to off yourselves.
■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■
May 10, 2016 9:33 PM
Sep 2009
Takuro doesn't have the "Best Ending", but he certainly has one that's better than what could have happened -- note what happened to his friend in the end. Takuro's living independently in the real world and has learned a new skill, even if it's just cooking. I certainly doubt he'd be happy with his job at the paper plant. Sure, it's a bit of a shame that he's not with Maria or Tsukiko, but with Tsukiko, we know Takuro wouldn't have a "real" life (and might not be able to live on his own after his parents died), and Maria's not exactly a "Good Ending" either (she's slipped back into smoking). It's entirely possible that, staying with Maria, Takuro would be a very unhappy man. The ending merely reinforces that the Real World is the only choice there really is, but it's still not going to be as "good" as the virtual one.

Loved the monkey ending, btw. Didn't predict that one at all!
ced1106May 10, 2016 9:42 PM
May 16, 2017 12:52 PM
Mar 2015
I know takuro is a jerk but...

Feelsbadman
Nov 18, 2018 5:19 PM
Jan 2017
ced1106 said:
Takuro doesn't have the "Best Ending", but he certainly has one that's better than what could have happened -- note what happened to his friend in the end.

Did he die? And if so, why? I loved Reinhart, he was an extremely relatable character...
Mar 27, 2019 7:35 PM

Aug 2016
This is what you get when you think about your typical harem isekai/trapped in RPG world, but you do everything in the opposite way.

:v
Jun 21, 2019 10:15 PM
Jul 2016
Just finished it, man oh man... Echigo/Reinhart/Big Bwuvver... ;w; No... don't leave us...
May 5, 2020 7:51 AM

Jun 2014
Despite its flaws, I really liked this hilarious and scathing take on virtual reality escapism.
Rely on nothing under heaven
Jun 30, 2020 3:59 PM
Oct 2014
This was a really interesting read overall, both sad and pitiful but also scary in a sense. Really good stuff.

I really wanted Echigo to live in the end and get another job though, that dude was such a good character. His virtual girlfriends will be waiting for him forever...
Feb 11, 9:42 AM
Nov 2018
Both the premise and the characters were very unique to me, having ugly fat bastards as regular characters its not something you read everyday, the ending did feel rushed, with too many things happening at once, to go on a little more detail:

Things i didnt like

Things i did like:

All in all, i liked it, i give it a 7 out of 10.

More topics from this board

» SEXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

peter_oso - Oct 26, 2023

1 by Sxlemm_ »»
Dec 28, 2023 11:56 PM

» What Do You Think About this Chapter

APoliteGuy - Apr 20, 2021

0 by APoliteGuy »»
Apr 20, 2021 11:09 AM

Poll: » Ressentiment Chapter 1 Discussion

Hyoroemon - Aug 9, 2013

1 by puvyvgbf »»
Dec 18, 2015 11:01 PM

Poll: » Ressentiment Chapter 22 Discussion

Fronzel - Oct 11, 2013

0 by Fronzel »»
Oct 11, 2013 9:19 PM

» Ressentiment - New set of pictures

KuroDubZero - Oct 22, 2011

0 by KuroDubZero »»
Oct 22, 2011 12:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.