MyAnimeList.net

Manga Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Ressentiment Chapter 49 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Manga Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Ressentiment »» Ressentiment Chapter 49 Discussion

View Poll Results: Ressentiment Chapter 49 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

4 36.36%
4 out of 5: Liked it

5 45.45%
3 out of 5: It was OK

1 9.09%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

1 9.09%
1 out of 5: Hated it

0.00%
Voters: 11

09-09-11, 9:43 AM

THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So he gets neither in the end?

feelsbadman

11-20-11, 8:00 PM

He was cheating on both girls so i think he deserves it.

12-13-11, 4:43 AM

I just love how Takuro said the same words at the end that Tsukiko had said to him in the very beginning of the manga when they first met.

12-19-11, 2:06 AM

did anyone else feel the end was too quick?

03-16-12, 4:20 PM

d76th said:

know that feel

and i think he deserved that end because, he, like always, ran away from reality (maria).

overral a good manga, a little hasty but good.

01-10-13, 7:25 AM

would have hope for a better end but think it serve him right

07-19-13, 8:05 AM

I thought this is going to have a good ending but I was surprisingly wrong.

Was the Fuhrer the monkey and he just used the image of his keeper ?
How was he able to speak ? Why does everyone in his army used his image too ?

07-30-13, 9:55 PM

"Thank you for being born."

I didn't ever think when I started reading this manga that it would give me these feels.

10-11-13, 10:33 PM

I think trying to a "reality vs. fantasy" story and a sci-fi "recognizably human AI" story really muddles things up. If the AI is basically human, than isn't she "real"? She certainly seem to have emotions, reason, and free will. Isn't making a distinction based on whether she has flesh and blood a bit shallow given the capabilities of the technology in this story? Go read Ghost in the Shell!

Rather than whether Tsukiko is "real", it's more of a problem that Takuro deceived and manipulated her into loving him, a serious form of abuse. That’s what’s not real about all of this. That’s why Takuro is a useless jerk. Also, why is Tsukiko so willing to kill the human Takuro after creating her virtual copy? She's been a major character the whole series and this violent behavior seems to come out of nowhere.

I do really like the role-reversal, though. Takuro went online to shun the real world and play with a toy girl (although I've already mentioned my problems with this), and in the end Tsukiko did the same, choosing to create a copy of Takuro and destroy the original, turning him into the victim of the same kind of selfish thinking he indulged in. If Tsukiko wasn't so likable and this behavior so tough to swallow from her, it'd be a pretty sharp satire.

I also feel like Nagao giving birth to "Tsukiko" was just a too-clever way of ending the series. It's not as if the AI Tsukiko and the human one are the same individual, not to mention the whole "virtual DNA" idea being kind of goofy.

d76th said:

The little comic the author did at the back of the book might indicate that it got cancelled. "It's been decided that you have to bring the story to an end", the author is told. A cancelled series often results in a hasty, confused ending.

GinKin said:

Yes, the chimp used the computer in his cage to access the internet and used his keeper's image, perhaps because he was the human he saw most often. He presumably "spoke" in the game world by using some sort of software.

His army was made up of losers that didn't like their own identities so they were happy to subsume theirs to his. This kind of thing happens in reality, so it's a pretty clever touch by this story.
Modified by Fronzel, 10-11-13, 11:17 PM

10-21-13, 6:44 AM

It was a nice manga.

Gave it an 8/10 overall.

"Why did he have to surrender, what is more in the outside world, huh, sumptuousness, freedom? Nowhere in the world are you going to find them fools! Fools!" -USSR president, Future War 198X-nen

11-14-13, 3:58 AM

I was laughing at a bunch of it along the way, but then the story actually became engaging, and I felt for the characters. It's a real shame it just got cancelled like that. I would have liked to see a more constructed end to the story. It was also a real bummer that he ended up with nothing, but remembering Takuro's misdeeds, and how he abandoned reality by walking away from Maria, he got exactly what he deserved. But it still feels bad, and I'm in a contemplative mood now. :|

Fronzel said:
GinKin said:

Yes, the chimp used the computer in his cage to access the internet and used his keeper's image, perhaps because he was the human he saw most often. He presumably "spoke" in the game world by using some sort of software.

His army was made up of losers that didn't like their own identities so they were happy to subsume theirs to his. This kind of thing happens in reality, so it's a pretty clever touch by this story.

Yeah, I really liked that part even though I didn't get it immediately. The serious tone of that moment and the meaning behind the threat really contrasts with the ridiculous things that happen elsewhere in the series.

I also like how Ehara's face was a reference to the Guy Fawkes mask, and together they were all "Anonymous". Pretty sure I saw one of the Eharas do a trollface at one point as well.

03-24-14, 3:51 PM

This manga is kinda sad actually~
The ending did feel rushed, but i'm glad Tsukiko lives in the end.
"Thank you for being born"... the words everyone should hear at least once in their lifetime

Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices