Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 9, 2011 3:30 AM

Nov 2009
Basically, just name an anime you recently watched and enjoyed and why if they can. Then list any anime they have already seen that they think might be associated with it. The next person has to name two anime that they think that person would enjoy based on that, and do the same thing for the next person. If no recently watched anime is named by the last person to post within 3 hours, (or they havent followed the rules) continue the game with another recently watched anime

Xam'd: Lost Memories
No real reason, I just liked it lol.

(I made this already seen list from the suggested anime on the Xam'd page. You don't have to put this many)

Already seen:
Eureka Seven
Nausica of the Valley of the Wind
Gurren Lagann
Fullmetal Alchemist
Mai Hime
Bleach
Visions of Escaflowne
Monster
Darker Than Black
Ga Rei Zero
Princess Mononoke
Mushi-shi
ForganesolidSep 9, 2011 2:24 PM
Sep 9, 2011 1:19 PM

Nov 2009
Valkyrie-Ryu said:
Wow, a suggestion board game.

Hahaha Thats what I thought when I posted it. Anyways, thank you very much for the suggestions. Unfortunately, I have a VERY hard time watching subs. So I don't think I'll be able to help with giving you suggestions or watch the shows you were kind enough to suggest to me. Thank you very much though

Although because it is a slice of life anime and you liked it because it was original, I could suggest Beck Mongolian Chop Squad. Although a slice of life anime....based on rock and roll music.... (believe me it put me off too..) After a short few epsiodes I couldn't stop watching. It's funny, unique, and has very good character developement.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/57/Beck

and....hmmmm Orphaned children huh?...Spiral. A detective series revolving around a group of people known as the Blade Children. And although it IS a mystery series, expect to get few to no answers. If you do this you might actually enjoy it. (I did myself until the ending.)
http://myanimelist.net/anime/341/Spiral

And I suppose I could also suggest Welcome to the NHK. Extremely unique and fun. Another slice of life anime. I have yet to show it to a person who hated it.

Recently watch: Demon King Daimao
I liked it because of the flow of the battle sequences, and how it was able to make me chuckle at times, which few anime today have been able to make me do. It was well put together for a Harem anime I suppose. I could still feel my brain being turned to mush every time a girl got her clothes ripped off though. I am not a fan of the harem genre but I don't mind it. (mainly dislike it because of the excessive nudity, panty/bra shots, vulgar attitudes, and sometimes just plain fanservice to an extent..

Also seen:
Welcome to the NHK
Shuffle
Elfen Lied
Familiar of Zero
Maburaho
Haruhi Suzumiya
Negima!
Naruto
And refuses to watch He is my master..

galimx said:
Welcome to the NHK

Ok Galim, go by the rules PLEASE!!! You putting an anime's name doesn't tell us who you are talking to, it doesnt tell us if that's the one you want us to suggest for or why you like it, and it doesn't tell us if it's a suggestion for the person above you.
You have to give some indicator of what you are talking about or trying to do.. Welcome to the NHK is a very good an fun show, but....idk
ForganesolidSep 9, 2011 1:37 PM
Sep 9, 2011 2:21 PM

Nov 2009
Do you want to name another ecently watched show so someone can make suggestions? And thank you. Both of those are only subbed so I probably wont get around to watching them.. Thank you again!
Sep 9, 2011 2:37 PM
Feb 2011
The last anime i recently watched and enjoyed would be..

3000 Leagues In Search Of Mother

Why? Well It was really emotional for me, and i could NOT predict what was going to happen at ALL, other than supposing ANOTHER unfortunate thing would happen to poor Marco. I loved everything about it. idk.

I watched it partially because it was a World Masterpiece Theatre show, and partly because it was directed by Isao Takahata. so idk i guess i'll just name some of both.

Akage No Anne
Nobody's Boy Remi
Only Yesterday
Grave of the Fireflies
Princess Sarah
Sep 10, 2011 9:02 PM

Nov 2009
Yet another anime I havent seen...And Grave of the Fireflies being the only similarly named anime I've seen....*sigh* I really don't want this thread to die, but I dont want anyone to feel left out either. So I'll do my best. I'm sorry if I fail epically.

Suggested....hmmmm
Since you liked it because of how it emotionally touched you I'll suggest my favorite emotional show Kanon 2006. Although quite definitely a lot more cutesy and will most likely annoy you at first it becomes extremely emotionally touching and tragic, while remaining comical at the same time. Although Clannad may be more your forte. (very similar shows. Kanon made me sad. Clannad didn't(very much). Grave fo the fireflies made you emotional...I felt no emotion whatsoever... All put in perspective of course.)

Ummmm.....and just for the heck of it, for a change of pace, a comedy? (sorry I'm not in my best anime picking mood..) Great Teacher Onizuka.

Recent Anime:
Angel Beats

....and I dont really care. Just please keep this topic alive XD
Sep 10, 2011 9:21 PM

Apr 2009
Angel Beats brings to mind Ano Hana. It may not have the action, but the emotional component is definitely there.

Recently seen and liked:
Steins;Gate
Sep 11, 2011 11:38 PM

Nov 2009
You didn't give a reason for why you liked it. It's not a very well known anime. Making it very hard to me to suggest anything to you. Next time please try to follow the guideline. And since I have a hard time watching dubs, the suggestion was hard to follow. (just to be sure, this was the show you suggested right? http://myanimelist.net/anime/9989/Ano_Hi_Mita_Hana_no_Namae_wo_Bokutachi_wa_Mada_Shiranai ) So here goes again..

Recently Watched:
Angel Beats
Sep 12, 2011 5:05 AM

Nov 2008
Forganesolid said:

Recently Watched:
Angel Beats

So whhat did you like about Angel Beats. If it was the afterlife and redemption stuff, definitely watch Haibane Renmei, which is one of the shows AB gets compared to.

If you liked, the moe, action or comedy elemnts, I can't really help you as much, since I don't watch a lot of anime of that kind.

Anyway, recently watched and liked:
Rose of Versailles
Gunslinger Girl
Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade

Basically, a sad, depressing and somewhat gritty anime focused on characters with some political undertones to spice it up. Nothing too melodramatic, please. I don't like it when the drama is overplayed, and these anime did a pretty good job of not making things more dramatic than they needed to be.

Oh, and if you want to suggest a manga, VN, or something with H content please feel free to suggest it. I will look into it as long as it meets the criteria. And I will be picking both LoGH and Texhnolyze back up.
Rosa_FOEtidaSep 12, 2011 5:11 AM
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Sep 12, 2011 5:13 AM
Jul 2018
Shouldn't this be in casual chat?

And I don't understand how this game works at all, you should explain it more clearly.
Sep 12, 2011 5:34 AM

May 2011
AnnoKano said:

And I don't understand how this game works at all, you should explain it more clearly.

Some r******s didn't get this was a game and they asked OP to start new thread on recommendation section. I had about 17 facepalms. :3
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Sep 12, 2011 6:50 AM

Nov 2008
Karhu said:
AnnoKano said:

Some r******s didn't get this was a game and they asked OP to start new thread on recommendation section. I had about 17 facepalms. :3

But a mod could just move this thread if they were THAT bothered by it.
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Sep 12, 2011 2:55 PM

Nov 2009
FOEbulous-max said:

So whhat did you like about Angel Beats. If it was the afterlife and redemption stuff, definitely watch Haibane Renmei, which is one of the shows AB gets compared to.

If you liked, the moe, action or comedy elemnts, I can't really help you as much, since I don't watch a lot of anime of that kind.

What I like about Angel Beats was the fabulous art. I did enjoy the action but action is not necessary. The story was fun. I don't see what you really mean by moe, since moe is an undefined term often used for shows like Lucky Star or Baka and Test.. I also loved how emotional it was, and the semi anti God theme. Haibane I have tried and could never get into. It seems like a great show, but I could never get past the second episode, it just kind of bored me lol.

The only of the anime you listed that I've seen is Gunslinger Girl (partially). Hmmmm..if you want a show like that, for a darker theme, maybe Ergo Proxy or something without as much political motivation would be Serial Experiments Lain. Akira, the movie was also a decent one, though not as emotional. ...maybe Casshern Sins as well. (honestly I'm having a very hard time coming up with suggestions for this. lol. Sorry) If none of these float your boat, let me know, and why and I'll do my best to get you a good show. Also, if you haven't seen Code Geass, it is a very good politically motivated show that you might enjoy. Although it is given to be quite over emotional at times.

AnnoKano said:

To be honest it wasnt really meant to be a game. but someone else suggested that I put the word game in the title to get more people interested in it. It is really meant to help people who can't find any new good shows that would be in their interests. I've recently run out of shows in my arsenal to watch and have been desperately trying to find new ones. But i really like helping others do the same. Usually, if people pick a show I've seen and know I am really good at picking out anime they would enjoy. I was really hoping people might have some fun with this. And the rules are very simple and clear. I don't understand why you think I should make them clearer.... The reason you should put why you like a show is in case the person hasn't seen it yet and knows shows that follow why you were interested in it without knowing anything about it. And people keep forgetting to add that.
Sep 14, 2011 4:59 AM

Nov 2009
Also (sorry for the double post) but I dont understand why this was moved to casual chat.....it's anything but. It's supposed to help people find anime. How is that casual or chatty? I really don't understand people sometimes...

More topics from this board

» What are your thoughts after visiting the profile of the user above? v.3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Aug 9, 2023

3474 by Oofmastre9000 »»
59 seconds ago

» Name a music artist from the last letter! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SnipeStrike - Mar 31

323 by Sanksimilian »»
1 minute ago

» How do you feel? v5 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Apr 26, 2023

2921 by UncreatedSong »»
2 minutes ago

» What is your anime affinity with the user above ? v2 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KayKimii - Mar 21, 2023

2066 by Lavi_kun »»
2 minutes ago

» How many profile views do u have? v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Apr 20, 2022

3828 by Sanksimilian »»
3 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.