Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 12, 2011 2:50 PM

Oct 2010
Ovindel said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Yayoi is #1 on the pity list followed by her:
http://myanimelist.net/character/6169/Yukiho_Hagiwara
which there is more drama to come.

I don't know why but Ryuuguu Komachi is starting to irritate me. Not the people but the group's existence itself. It intimidates into rooting more for the girls of that group than a team. Am I the only one that is affected like that? It really is making me feel bad the other girls are not present and now that Miki mentions she wants to join Ryuuguu Komachi it gets me more on the nerves. Who is next Hibiki joiing Ryuuguu Komachi? Oh come on, that mentality is driving me nuts. I really want to express that Idolmaster should stay as a group and start by not being Ryuuguu Komachi and x other groups at all in fact. Finally I wonder who feels that way too.

I also think so, it's as if those three are superior. I think that's (one of) the sources of the coming drama.
Indeed, glad we agree on something. It could be but have you forgotten those in the spoiler
Jupiter! I heard rumors there will be something with them. Namely one of the idols being hurt by them but the details of the situation are not clear to me just rumors. I believe this might be drama too.
Ovindel said:
But seriously, I don't think it's possible to fit a whole story in just the 15 episodes remaining. After building up this slowly, and it feels as if it's completely built up after maybe another 6/7 episodes or so, there is not much time left to elaborately explain everything in details if they keep going on this pace. I don't like changing of pace; I think a show must have the same pace the whole series. I'm just very curious how this will continue, but we'll see in the coming months!
I think they could do some stories but some Idols may be skipped indeed. They have to do a Chihaya episode again for the singing part explained of its importance.

IMO this series should focus more on its music and dancing along with the comedy it offers and fan service is always a plus. The romance/stories may hinder it too much if in excess. A balance needs to tip in favor of Music and all associated with the jobs Idols Do. That's all.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 12, 2011 3:27 PM

May 2009
HanaKana <3
Sep 12, 2011 8:28 PM

Apr 2011
Would hope there'll be some elements on romance later on to make it interesting. Like one of the idols having a crush or having feelings for the producer.
Sep 13, 2011 1:02 PM

Dec 2010
30-sec preview is out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8h3jcvD5Xw

I sense a lot of drama next episode.
Sep 13, 2011 1:35 PM

Nov 2008
Magito said:
Would hope there'll be some elements on romance later on to make it interesting. Like one of the idols having a crush or having feelings for the producer.

Oh hell no, this should never be a harem.

Sep 13, 2011 1:41 PM

Nov 2008
Ovindel said:
Yumekichi11 said:

I don't know why but Ryuuguu Komachi is starting to irritate me. Not the people but the group's existence itself. It intimidates into rooting more for the girls of that group than a team. Am I the only one that is affected like that? It really is making me feel bad the other girls are not present and now that Miki mentions she wants to join Ryuuguu Komachi it gets me more on the nerves. Who is next Hibiki joiing Ryuuguu Komachi? Oh come on, that mentality is driving me nuts. I really want to express that Idolmaster should stay as a group and start by not being Ryuuguu Komachi and x other groups at all in fact. Finally I wonder who feels that way too.

I also think so, it's as if those three are superior. I think that's (one of) the sources of the coming drama.
Where's my Chihaya by the way? Everything she appears, I can't see her face, and when she does, it's only for a few seconds. I want more, moar I say.

Chihaya deserves less screentime, she's the essence of depression, I think Aniplex has did a good job with not giving her a lot of screentime due to this, however they really should dere her up quickly even Iori (a Rie tsundere) has dered up a lot, it's a good reason why she's my least favorite character. A really depressing completely Chihaya centered episode would make me give the series a 9, the best thing for an episode with her is to show her dere side in that episode.

Sep 13, 2011 2:21 PM

Sep 2010
Hoppy said:
Ovindel said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Where's my Chihaya by the way? Everything she appears, I can't see her face, and when she does, it's only for a few seconds. I want more, moar I say.

Chihaya deserves less screentime, she's the essence of depression, I think Aniplex has did a good job with not giving her a lot of screentime due to this, however they really should dere her up quickly even Iori (a Rie tsundere) has dered up a lot, it's a good reason why she's my least favorite character. A really depressing completely Chihaya centered episode would make me give the series a 9, the best thing for an episode with her is to show her dere side in that episode.

Is it my English that is lacking, or are you really contradicting yourself? First you say she should have less screen time because she's depressing, but after that you say "A really depressing completely Chihaya centered episode would make me give the series a 9". I know you say she also has to show her 'dere' side in that episode, that would be great too (I can't even imagine it), but that doesn't means your not contradicting yourself.
Anyway, I don't know anything about Chihaya, and I'm sure they won't left her untouched as a character, if they do, I would rate the series one point lower.
Sep 15, 2011 2:26 PM
Dec 2007
Ovindel said:

Is it my English that is lacking, or are you really contradicting yourself? First you say she should have less screen time because she's depressing, but after that you say "A really depressing completely Chihaya centered episode would make me give the series a 9". I know you say she also has to show her 'dere' side in that episode, that would be great too (I can't even imagine it), but that doesn't means your not contradicting yourself.
Anyway, I don't know anything about Chihaya, and I'm sure they won't left her untouched as a character, if they do, I would rate the series one point lower.
No he's not, I think what he means is that he won't rate it a 10 so rather than being "oh I'll rate it a good 9 if they do" he's saying "I will rate it JUST 9". Anyway I agree with him Chihaya is a rather depressing character and her "wow is me" serious attitude is really annoying overall. Sadly I seem to be in the minority since she has huge amounts of fans.

But overall I'll be happy if they STOP centering every single episode around Ryuuguu Komachi.

Sep 15, 2011 5:50 PM

Apr 2011
Hoppy said:
Magito said:

Oh hell no, this should never be a harem.

Never said that it should be. At least one might actually have feelings for him. As romance can make an idol career go up...or down. Thus making things a bit more interesting. Well that's just my humble opinion.

Still, A-1 productions have done a good job making this a great watch.
Sep 16, 2011 12:46 AM

Sep 2010
was i the only one who had a hard time not crying at the end, really good episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2011 8:54 AM

Sep 2010
Leonard93 said:
was i the only one who had a hard time not crying at the end, really good episode.

Probably, fellow Dutchman.
Dec 7, 2011 8:16 AM

Aug 2009
Nice ep with a bit of drama.
And "Go my way!"-ED was great!!^^
Jan 15, 2012 10:36 AM

Apr 2011
Jupiter appeared, lol. :d

But Makoto was awesome in this episode,
lol at "forbidden love" xD
Jan 27, 2012 2:26 PM

Aug 2009
makoto is awesome as always
iori can rly crush anyone with her fingetip... lol sorry for the producer from shinkan shoujo
yayoi<3 do your best!
Jun 30, 2012 7:28 PM

Aug 2011
Aww, Makoto always gets the girls. She can make any girl turn lesbian. haha!
Sep 26, 2012 1:47 PM

Apr 2009
I loved this episode so much.

Stop bullying Yayoi! She's so cute. Makoto is definitely one of my fav girls now.
Jan 10, 2013 3:18 PM

Sep 2011
Magito said:
I love the part where onf the Shinkan Shoujo girls(forgot her name) suddently
fall in love with Makoto and hand out her handkerchief awakening her lesbian side in the process.
That was my favorite part in the episode, it was funny as hell :D

Leon-Gun said:
But overall I'll be happy if they STOP centering every single episode around Ryuuguu Komachi.
Agreed.

Also, don't you fucking dare hurt Yayoi. I would have so told her to gtfo. I'm sad none of the girls slapped her, she would have deserved it.
Apr 13, 2013 12:12 PM
Feb 2013
You know you want to cry when you see Yayoi crying... TT_TT What? I'm not crying.. not crying at all...
Jun 11, 2013 9:57 PM

Jun 2009
Contrary to some of the posters in this thread, I'd really like to see more focus on Chihaya. To me, she sort of has the most interesting issues and I'd like to see that get explored a bit more.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 11, 2013 7:36 PM

Jan 2013
Nice episode
Nov 4, 2013 5:04 AM

Sep 2009
haha, so much laugh in this episode :)
I love it ^________^
Lol.. Makoto reminds me so much of Amber from f(x). :D
A girl just suddenly fall in love with her.

Poor Yayoi.. well, it's okay now. I love the ending :)
Jan 10, 2014 1:19 AM

Jul 2013
The sports Idol contest with a little drama in it huh... It was entertaining in the 2nd half of it. Nice to see some new rival idols temporarily, though somewhat mean to the 765 contestants. Oh well at least the 765 people won the race.

Mar 2, 2014 2:14 AM

Dec 2012
The sports competition was fun, but the introduction of that boy band Jupiter makes me curious to see an anime based on them or an up and coming group of guys. Yayoi was a total win and Makoto claims another maiden's heart.
Mar 15, 2014 4:06 PM

May 2012
A decent episode although I'm not a huge fan of sports so it didn't entertain me too much although that ED sure was nice, I first heard the song from Hatsune Miku so it sure was a nice touch hearing it!
Mar 28, 2014 7:40 AM

Aug 2013
Harem master Makoto lmao. That was a fun episode :)
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 16, 2014 4:18 AM

Oct 2012
Oh Yayoi :(
I like the cheerful Yayoi!!

Lol @ Makoto. Always making girls become "yuri"

So much hate for Shinkan Shoujo(?)
Well, maybe that's happening to idols in real world too??
"Signature removed"
Aug 15, 2014 2:58 AM

Nov 2012
Dammit, I was looking forward to that girl who was charmed by Makoto to ask her out or something. Makoto is irresistible in eyes of ladies. She's a ladies' lady.
Aug 22, 2014 3:46 PM

Jun 2012
Tch, wanted to see some yuri.

Well, as expected of an anime, you just try a little more and boom you're a winner. Well, it's not a sports anime so I don't mind much.

Nov 9, 2014 3:15 PM

Jul 2013
Okay ep
Dec 6, 2014 6:34 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that shows the group at the center of attention.
Narratively is not bad, is also the opportunity to meet other characters and to analyze the interactions within the group.
Yayoi is kawaii.
Drawings and animations of a good standard.
Jan 9, 2015 11:12 AM

Mar 2011
Okay, this is the episode I've been waiting for since I started watching this. Finally, some sort of teamwork. That was a really good episode.
Sep 28, 2016 6:25 AM

May 2010
Makoto x Iori <3
Love it! Hope they bicker more in the upcoming episodes.

And I thought Yayoi was 'stronger' emotionally than that, but I see. It was nice to see her getting the trophy from Makoto at the end. Also, Makoto being really cool as always.
Nov 10, 2016 7:23 PM

Sep 2013
Pretty good (if not predictable) episode.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jun 11, 2017 4:49 AM

Sep 2015
Well now we're starting to meet other idols and agencies. Interesting development. And it turns out that rude male idol who bumped into Haruka around Episode 2 or 3 is an important character. Because of course he is. This was another episode like the beach one, that managed to balance a lot of characters at once pretty well. I particularly liked Makoto and Iori's arc. Though they probably will, I hope they don't go right back to bickering as soon as it's convenient for the writing.

I'd say the main focus of the episode though, was Yayoi being bullied by the other idols. And this was a bit of a mixed bag for me. Not because I didn't feel bad for Yayoi. And wasn't a little happy when Makoto gave her the trophy at the end. But the rival idols and their sleazy manager were a bit too broad for me. Stick to lighthearted SOL Idolm@ster you can't write villains for shit.
Aug 29, 2017 8:22 AM

Jul 2015
Azusa stealing the spotlight whenever she appears as usual.

Makoto so good no one can resist to fall into forbbiden love territory.
Jan 5, 2018 5:58 AM

Sep 2009
I laughed when I found out that DIO was managing an idol group. Otherwise, it was a decent episode which further broadened the scope of the series to other agencies and set up future interactions with Jupiter.

And I definitely want more Chihaya.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
Feb 12, 2018 12:41 AM

Jun 2016
This episode gave me a roller coaster of emotions and I loved it. Probably my favorite episode yet. And I can finally say "I want to protect her smile" for the first time in my life. Yayoi already being one of my favorite characters being utterly delighted over the rival group leaders good luck, changing to tears and sadness when she insulted her made me want to cry and punch that girl in the head. Seeing her crushed the entire episode was hard to watch, but seeing all the girls and producer-san come together to get revenge made it all worth it. Iori threatening the evil producers business was quite funny. The final push where Makoto shouted as she ran and won the race had me roaring in happiness but it really started when Yayoi told them the truth all the way to the end of the episode.

Iori and Makoto bonded this episode. I love their rivalry but it was nice to see. Being forced to be that close the entire event, and Iori being responsible for Makoto getting hurt turned a new leaf in their relationship. Can't wait to see how it proceeds.

The rival group and the producer were a bit one dimensional and vapid for my taste. They were clearly obstacles and nothing else, but that being said it isn't necessarily an issue. The focus of this anime is clearly on the main girls and their success. Writing good believable antagonists who'll show up on more than one occasion isn't its job. I still wish they were a bit nicer to watch. However, the joke where one fell in love with Makoto as she was trying to insult them made me laugh harder than I have in awhile; so maybe the subversion was worth it for that.

Lastly, I knew the handsome dude who bumped into Amami had to be a major character back when it happened. There is no way a character design is like that and isn't a major character. Funny to find out I was right, and even funnier he childishly had to declare he was faster than Makoto.
Jun 18, 2020 1:41 PM

May 2018
lol this is the best episode so far. Makoto is the true MVP tho
Aug 16, 2020 2:43 PM

Aug 2015
To hell with those idiots of the rival agency, pathethic insecure jealous fools. Yayoi is a cutie and deserves love and justice
Aug 31, 2021 6:31 AM

Aug 2018
Not only won, but also maybe won hearts of some watchers as well.. ;P With how entertaining they were.. ;P
Jan 25, 2023 3:37 AM
Aug 2022
YAYOI YAYOI YAYOI YAYOI YAYOI
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ousto - Jul 21, 2011

83 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 6:55 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hoppy - Jul 14, 2011

93 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 22, 9:33 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hoppy - Jul 7, 2011

192 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 19, 9:22 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ousto - Nov 17, 2011

204 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 10, 1:39 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Niyawa - Nov 10, 2011

65 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 8, 10:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.