Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 6, 2011 3:40 PM

Jan 2010
Perfect episode, the adition of Skyclad no Kansokusha was a masterpiece, I hope they use Another Heaven as ending in next ep
Sep 6, 2011 3:43 PM

May 2009
That was truly awesome.
Sep 6, 2011 3:44 PM

Oct 2010
InfiniteRyvius said:
Mayushi... she slapped him... Mayushi did, woah. I guess it's a Mayushi-Slap.

Anyway, I now finally get why Mayushi kept on dying, and that's because the lines tend to one another through that field they kept mentioning. I should have noticed before. Seems like the series will be neatly resolved, which is good in a way, to be honest I was always in favour of an end where Kurisu and Mayushi are alive (I wonder whether they'll kill Okarin this time :p). The solution to the problem is one that I have thought of before (though not in response to this program), and I think it is a pretty good explanation. I don't know how much this diverged from the Visual Novel, but I think this looks to be a pretty good anime original ending.

This! I was pretty much "Yeah I thought this might happen" all through this episode until SMACK! From the Mayushi-slap to the end I was pretty much floored.

El Psy Congroo
Visit my blog for my anime and video game sheet music! http://robusab.blogspot.com
Sep 6, 2011 3:45 PM

Aug 2010
HOLY SHIIIITT
THAT WAS JUST TOO AWESOME, TUESDAY CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH

EL PSY CONGROO.
Sep 6, 2011 3:46 PM
Oct 2010
shanimebib said:
Steins;Gate: [steyins-geyt] (Pronunciation)
noun
1. masterpiece, anything done with masterly skill.
2. mesmerizing, to compel by fascination.
3. magical, produced by or as if by magic.

Slang
El Psy Congroo

Origin
2000–2100; Steins+;+Gate

Related Forms
Steins;Gated, verb
Steins;Gateabilty, noun
Steins;Gateable, adjective
Steins;Greatness, noun

ROLF*F

srsly ...I can't...I'm steins;gated (off to spam someone with how steins;gateable this episode was)

Sep 6, 2011 3:49 PM

Apr 2008
Oh my god!! Another powerful episode...

Nakabachi being Kurisu's father, i had a feeling this was true for a while.

Its weird seeing current Okabe almost seeing his episode 1 self. Remember the first episode, Kurisu says "what were you trying to tell me earlier?" That was future Okabe! The scream Mayuri and Okabe heard? FUTURE F*KING OKABE!

Mayushii slap was definitely unexpected and good she finally steps up.

El Psy Congroo.

9,000/5
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Sep 6, 2011 3:50 PM

Oct 2010
waterflame said:
OH F-ING GOD!!!
This anime... can anything actually top the epicness of this?! It was so emotional and SO MANY things became clear! The meaning of the whole first episode - FINALLY HERE. By the way, I KNEW IT, I FUCKING KNEW IT, the metal Upa was important to the story! And the video message was SOOO EPIC!
I cried so damn hard when Okarin stabbed her and my eyes were exactly like O.O(felt like they're gonna pop out)! Oh, and finally getting to know who Kurisu's father is... Gosh, this episode has SO many epic moments that I cannot even begin to count and explain them.
The final episode is gonna get into dictionaries as a defention of AWESOME!
By the way... please, I want the original ending for the final episode... for the second time they change the song, and although both songs are really cool, I truly ADORE the original ending(too long name to remember the whole thing), really gets the epicness of the whole anime in just 3 minutes.
Oh, one final thing, "It doesn't really mean anything" - GOD, I've never expected such an ordinary line to sound so awesome and to become something important to the series.
El Psy Congroo.

I just got my surround sound working yesterday, so the words "It doesn't really mean anything" came at me in close field surround sound. Okabe from all directions! It was crazy awesome. More awesome than it should've been.

El Psy Congroo
Visit my blog for my anime and video game sheet music! http://robusab.blogspot.com
Sep 6, 2011 3:52 PM

Jun 2009
i liked this episode... a lot :D
Sep 6, 2011 3:55 PM

Nov 2009
Rianri said:
...that moment when future Okabe and present Okabe said "It doesn't really mean anything" in unison...it sent chills down my spine...

Same here. I died, it was perfect.

But his scream here differs from the one in ep. 1 o.O

El Psy Congroo
bakuramariksSep 6, 2011 3:58 PM
Sep 6, 2011 3:56 PM
Jan 2011
This episode was not so good as the last one.
For me this was episode 24a with a big cliffhanger for ep 24b, more like a "prepare" episode for the final.
But anyway, this ep was for me still almost a masterpiece (9/10) and i cannot wait for next tuesday :D
Sep 6, 2011 4:03 PM

Sep 2011
Has anyone had any luck decoding the secret message ?

http://jtk93.x29.jp/

I have no BASE64 skills myself but there is a race to find out I am sure.

Sep 6, 2011 4:07 PM

Sep 2010
He truly is a mad scientist. The master of time, the master of the world.
Sep 6, 2011 4:14 PM

Jul 2010
There's a saying in anime. "Its always darkest before the good ending shines" or something like that.
Having to witness Okabe stabbing Kurisu and thinking we are once again stuck in the inescapable death loop was really troublesome and made this episode bleak.
But Okabe's future self message changes all that giving life to a hopeless world and insatiable want to see the final episode (even tho its sad the anime is ending)
Also its nice to see Amane Suzuha again even if I like her old hairstyle more.

LETS GO, COMMENCE OPERATION SKURD !
Sep 6, 2011 4:18 PM

Jan 2010
ZOMG SO MUCH WIN!!!! omg I got so much chills my hair is standing up. all i can say is this:

Me: Vageta wats the epicness lvl of Okabe
Vageta: It's.... *scouter blows up* I CANT READ HIM!!! OKABE IS A COMPLETELY NEW LVL OF EPICNESS!!!

*everyone turns into Okabe chants El Psy Congroo and does a unified Okabe laugh*

Srsly it shoudl be illegal for Okabe to ever be compared to any anime char at all. Whoever does so shall have the wrath of the Mayushii-slap.
Sep 6, 2011 4:20 PM

Oct 2010
MorningGlory said:
RobUsaB said:

1) How exactly did that very first D-mail prevent Kurisu's death? I'm not very hopeful this will be answered.
SERN detect first d-mail > want to retrieve time machine from okabe > creating dystopia > causing daru creating a retard time machine that only travel to the past but can't travel to the future > making that time machine crash into the building > cancelling Nakabachi's presentation.
lol sry I am in a hurry

...Oh. Thanks!

El Psy Congroo
Sep 6, 2011 4:27 PM
Nov 2010
I tried to look if "Skurd" had any deep meaning but couldn't find any, so i decided to look for "Skuld" instead and find out this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skuld

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Skuld

So basically Skuld means "future" or "goddess of fate"( I'm guessing this is referring to Kurisu)
Sep 6, 2011 4:32 PM

Aug 2011
ok finished it...

OMG I FLIPPED WHEN SUZUHA SAID STEINS;GATE!! the opening was changed a bit, didn't like it.. o.o new time machine that can go to the future.. NICE

wish daru knew that suzuha was his daughter :(

kurisu's dad... WTF!? WHAT AN A HOLEEEEEEE!

okabe and older okabe saying "it doesn't mean a thing" together gave me goosebumps for some reason

okabe is finally back to "koukino-mad-scientist HOUIN KYOUMA!" with his wrrrrrraaaaaaaaaahahahahaha laughter! it made me feel happy for him :') go get em okabe!!
Sep 6, 2011 4:33 PM

Jan 2011
Anybody who feels this should not end in Harem should go kill yourself.

Don't give a fuck who you wanted him to end with, He deserves EVERY god damn female cast member on this show....PERIOD
Sep 6, 2011 4:33 PM

Mar 2010
That was heavy and so fucking dope. This has to be my favorite anime so far this year.
Sep 6, 2011 4:37 PM
Nov 2010
Tenchi_Ryu said:

Don't give a fuck who you wanted him to end with, He deserves EVERY god damn female cast member on this show....PERIOD

Yeah, he does deserve all of them XD
However he himself chose Kurisu.
Sep 6, 2011 4:40 PM

Jun 2008
Tenchi_Ryu said:

That's why we have "Steins;Gate Hiyoku Renri no Darling".
http://steinsgate.jp/darling/

El Psy Congroo
kaimaxSep 6, 2011 4:51 PM

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Sep 6, 2011 4:41 PM

Aug 2010
shanimebib said:
Steins;Gate: [steyins-geyt] (Pronunciation)
noun
1. masterpiece, anything done with masterly skill.
2. mesmerizing, to compel by fascination.
3. magical, produced by or as if by magic.

Slang
El Psy Congroo

Origin
2000–2100; Steins+;+Gate

Related Forms
Steins;Gated, verb
Steins;Gateabilty, noun
Steins;Gateable, adjective
Steins;Greatness, noun

rofl im gonna steal this :D
wow that was an amazing episode as per usual, somehow it just clicked in my mind when they went back that okabe would be the one to stab Kurisu and that the scream belonged to him +_+ still quite blown at the death scene though and the fact that the stupid prof turned out to be her dad @_@
all in all even the tiny bit of effects like the change in future okabe's voice all the way to the ED change were brilliant fits the mood perfectly

Z-flame said:
I tried to look if "Skurd" had any deep meaning but couldn't find any, so i decided to look for "Skuld" instead and find out this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skuld

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Skuld

So basically Skuld means "future" or "goddess of fate"( I'm guessing this is referring to Kurisu)

awesome find, another Norse myth reference on Okabe's part; i wonder if theres more to his myth references than just pure interest ._.

Edit: forgot the magic El Psy Congroo :D
Sep 6, 2011 4:43 PM

Jan 2011
Z-flame said:
Tenchi_Ryu said:

Yeah, he does deserve all of them XD
However he himself chose Kurisu.

Steins;Gate is pratically a pseudoharem, but as already mentioned, Okabe chose Kurisu, so we will have to deal with it.
Just one more episode to go, it feels like the show started yesterday.
Sep 6, 2011 4:44 PM

May 2008
Excuse my language but... HOLY SHIT! This episode... mother of god, it is the best to date.

For Okabe to find out that he actually killed Kurisu is tragic and heartbreaking for him. And yet, his mad scientist self kicks that depression out the window and he's ready to change the world, Hououin Kyouma style!

I'm sad to see the series go but at the same time, I can't wait for the last episode. Steins;Gate has to be one of the best anime of 2011 for sure. No other anime has got me so at the edge than Steins;Gate. I'm so buying the anime when Funimation releases it.

I'm in love with Sky-Clad Observer now. It's such a awesome song.

El Psy Congroo
Sep 6, 2011 4:51 PM

Feb 2011
I made the mistake of watching it in public and I had to awkwardly hide the fact that I came in my pants.
Sep 6, 2011 5:00 PM
Sep 2011
i agree with pretty much everyone before that this was an epic episode, however, i do have a little problem following the logic.

Someone please enlighten me, because else this will bother me even after the show is over, probably for all my life!
Sep 6, 2011 5:23 PM
Dec 2010
I had the same question, and the only explanation that I could think of is

That's all I can come up with.
atan0111Sep 6, 2011 5:26 PM
Sep 6, 2011 5:28 PM

Apr 2011
OMGWTFBBQ???!!!!!!THAT WAS SO F***ING EPIC!!! AHHHH!!!! I S**T MYSELF FROM ITS BALL BUSTING STORY!!! My balls literally exploded when the episode ended. It was just so EPIC!! And I have a hard-on that will last me until the last episode airs! AND IT HURTS!!!! ITS SCRAPING MY ZIPPER!!! AHHH!!!!!!! So EPIC words can not describe it.
He killed Kurisu which made sense about the first episode of a scream that sounded exactly like him. So all of this HAD to happen in order to....F*** IT! WE ALL KNOW!! I don't have to explain shit to you.....IT WAS JUST SO EPIC THAT NOW I AM SUPER PUMPED! Loved it, Steins;Gate deserves to be a nominee for having such a BALL-BUSTING and PANTS-CRAPPING story!
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Sep 6, 2011 5:29 PM

Oct 2010
RedMage23 said:
I made the mistake of watching it in public and I had to awkwardly hide the fact that I came in my pants.

You simply only need to produce your phone and report, in a very loud and carrying but confidential tone, that the organization has spoiled your pants, but this will not hinder Operation Freyja. Then signed off with El Psy Congroo and walk away calmly.

El Psy Congroo
Sep 6, 2011 5:34 PM
May 2011
I don't understand, his future self already is aware of all the parameters and the means to deceive his past self so why bother explaining it to a lesser superior version of himself.
Sep 6, 2011 5:39 PM

May 2011
Emilet said:
I don't understand, his future self already is aware of all the parameters and the means to deceive his past self so why bother explaining it to a lesser superior version of himself.

DO NOT EVER QUESTION HOUOIN KYOMA'S LOGIC.

- El Psy Congroo
If I die and I find that I had a soul inside,
Promise me you'll take it up to its final ride...
Sep 6, 2011 5:46 PM

Jan 2010
This anime is so epic, I LOVE IT <3
El Psy Congroo
Sep 6, 2011 5:51 PM

Jan 2011
soooooooooo gooooood! i was just waiting for his laugh at the end!.
Sep 6, 2011 5:56 PM

May 2009
Wow, wow, wow. What a way to end the penultimate episode! I was so disappointed (though somewhat sympathetic) when Okabe gave up like that. But then everything suddenly became so.... Yeah, epic is the perfect word. Can't wait to see how it ends. In the meantime, I just might watch this one again.
Sep 6, 2011 6:07 PM

Jun 2008
Oh man....next week will be very exciting!

....and here I thought that MADOKA was the best anime of 2011.

What an amazing anime this has been, I can't wait for the epic conclusion.
Sep 6, 2011 6:17 PM

Jul 2009
Emilet said:

Time is conceptually infinite; therefore, it also means there are an infinite number of world lines. If the future Okabe does not explain the parameters, the current Okabe will not be able to send a time machine back to the next Okabe for him to save Kurisu. Continuity has to be maintained such that in every world line, Okabe must send a message back to his older self in a different world line that has not experienced the events of saving Kurisu.

This concept might be somewhat difficult to grasp if you're new to the theory of time travel, but some viewers might already be more familiar if they've watched or read the Haruhi Suzumiya series.

asmodin88 said:
Then how the F- couldn't he watch the contents of the Video-mail sent to him in Episode 1 and can only do so after failing to have saved Kurisu? I would even accept some shitty explaination liike him only being able to see it after having gone through the Trauma caused by him stabbing Kurisu, however, Daru and Mayuri can see the Video aswell?!?!?!?!?

At the time of Okabe's first viewing of the video on July 28 in episode 1, the world line had not diverged (i.e. Schrödinger's cat scenario); therefore, the future where he has to save Kurisu was not already determined. This meant the future was still fluid, and it was not certain that events would occur where Kurisu would die and that Okabe would need to tell himself how to save her. This is probably what affects the video feed because it can only be viewed in the case where certain events have occurred.
arsonalSep 6, 2011 6:31 PM
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Sep 6, 2011 6:31 PM

Aug 2009
This episode directly opens to a happy ending. (Or so that's what I think).

Anyway, great episode now that another piece of the puzzle is placed.
-Fixing-
Sep 6, 2011 6:33 PM

Feb 2010
Deceive your other self.
Deceive the world.
El. Psy. Congoo.

FREAKIN EPICNESS
Sep 6, 2011 6:41 PM
May 2011
arsonal said:
Emilet said:

Time is conceptually infinite; therefore, it also means there are an infinite number of world lines. If the future Okabe does not explain the parameters, the current Okabe will not be able to send a time machine back to the next Okabe for him to save Kurisu. Continuity has to be maintained such that in every world line, Okabe must send a message back to his older self in a different world line that has not experienced the events of saving Kurisu.

This concept might be somewhat difficult to grasp if you're new to the theory of time travel, but some viewers might already be more familiar if they've watched or read the Haruhi Suzumiya series.

This is true for him if he was to maintain the continuity of him -explaining to himself what had already been explained to him by himself- but why was that necessary at all. His superior 30 year old self could have still deceived his past-past self without explaining it to his now past self.

asmodin88 said:
Then how the F- couldn't he watch the contents of the Video-mail sent to him in Episode 1 and can only do so after failing to have saved Kurisu? I would even accept some shitty explaination liike him only being able to see it after having gone through the Trauma caused by him stabbing Kurisu, however, Daru and Mayuri can see the Video aswell?!?!?!?!?

At the time of Okabe's first viewing of the video on July 28 in episode 1, the world line had not diverged; therefore, the future where he has to save Kurisu was not already determined. This meant the future was still fluid, and it was not certain that events would occur where Kurisu would die and that Okabe would need to tell himself how to save her. This is probably what affects the video feed because it can only be viewed in the case where certain events have occurred.

But the fact he received a video at all means the preconditions have already been met otherwise it wouldn't have been sent at all.
Sep 6, 2011 6:44 PM

May 2010
They changed the part of the OP song. Still sounds good to me.
Suzuha really looks good in her new appearance. :D

I totally have to look up above like a failure when Okabe failed and what's more is that he's the one who killed Kurisu.

Changing the future without changing the past?? O_o

Bring on the finale!!!!

/mybodyisready
Sep 6, 2011 6:58 PM

Jun 2011
The best episode till now (for me^^)
When he stabbed Kurisu, I felt like if I was stabbed too...
Too epic 203/203
I can't wait to see the final one (I wish my future me comes with a time machine, then we'll go to next week.. FUHAHAHAHAHAHA )
Sep 6, 2011 7:12 PM

Mar 2009
The ending was amazing. Wow.
Sep 6, 2011 7:25 PM

Aug 2010
This is just epic in every sense
I don't know why but i thought of the possibility of Okabe actually being the one that kills Kurisu, though no in the same context (more like an evil Kurisu and stopping war BS) anyways this was just amazing never expected that!!

"Deceive your other self"
"Deceive the world"
"El Psy Congroo"

F*cking awesome!!! :D
Sep 6, 2011 7:28 PM

Feb 2009
My mind is blown watching that PV saying "Deceive the first you." "Deceive the world."

Fuck the answer was right there.
Sep 6, 2011 7:29 PM

Dec 2009
Epic episode, one of the best so far.

The Mad Scientist, Hououin Kyouma is back. He can deceive his past self, he can deceive the world itself because he is Mad Scientist.
Sep 6, 2011 7:37 PM

Feb 2011
The series ends with a mass deception. How fitting for an insane mad scientist.
Sep 6, 2011 7:39 PM

Jul 2009
Emilet said:

I think my trying to answer two similar (but actually unrelated) questions at once caused some confusion for you, so I'll see if I can make it clearer. There are three versions (if that's what you can call it) of Okabe that we'll keep in mind:
1. Okabe of 28 July 2010 (in episode 1)
2. Okabe of 21 August 2010 (in episode 23)
3. Okabe of 2025

As far as I can tell, your question is why Okabe #3 could not directly deceive Okabe #1 but instead must tell Okabe #2 to do it. I can't for sure answer this question because I don't know yet what the deception plan entails as I've not read the visual novel, though I have my own theories.

The precondition of the video being sent was met in all (beta) world lines, which is the occurrence of World War III which precipitates all the events that occurred in the series.* The precondition of the video being viewed is met later because Okabe must develop his feelings for Kurisu between July 28 and August 21. Additionally, he has to understand that the Attractor Field convergence does not only occur with Mayuri's death, but also with Kurisu's death. Again, without knowing the deception plan, I don't know how the Attractor Field convergence can be avoided, leading to the Steins Gate line.

*PS. Remember that in the beginning of this episode Suzuha said the way to avoid World War III is to prevent the death of Kurisu.

*PPS. Remember also that earlier in the series, an alpha world line version of Suzuha also said that Kurisu is an agent of SERN which began World War III. This Suzuha is different from the beta line Suzuha and threw off all our theories because it led to a misunderstanding as to how World War III actually occurred.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Sep 6, 2011 7:43 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Emilet said:

This is true for him if he was to maintain the continuity of him -explaining to himself what had already been explained to him by himself- but why was that necessary at all. His superior 30 year old self could have still deceived his past-past self without explaining it to his now past self.

Well, it's because of causality issues. They are essentially trying to respect the principle of a closed loop in spacetime. Only because Kyouma failed during his first attempt, the future Kyouma invented the space machine. Conversely, Kyouma failed in the first time due to this time machine his future self invented. Thus, they are already caught in the loop. Thus, the future Kyouma, to avoid causing more mess, has to employ the younger Kyouma to do the deed and cheat the God of Space and Time Deus Ex (Mirai Nikki reference)
Emilet said:

But the fact he received a video at all means the preconditions have already been met otherwise it wouldn't have been sent at all.

Again, an issue of "causality" in a closed loop. It has to "self-consistent" and self-sustaining logic. To put it in words, "it happens because it happens". That's how the world came to be.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 6, 2011 7:45 PM

Feb 2011
arsonal said:
Again, without knowing the deception plan, I don't know how the Attractor Field convergence can be avoided, leading to the Steins Gate line.

Okabe #2 only has to deceive the masses long enough so that Okabe #1 can send the first D-Mail. The ideal result is that Okabe #1 will shift to the alpha world line and Okabe #2 will shift to the Steins Gate world line.
Sep 6, 2011 7:53 PM

Nov 2009
HOLY SHIT ZOMG ITS NOTHING FOR HOUOUIN KYOUMA!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

803 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Yesterday, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Yesterday, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - May 17, 2011

309 by DmtTrean »»
Apr 9, 12:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - May 3, 2011

280 by Mahmoud636363 »»
Apr 9, 4:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.