Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 6, 2011 10:08 PM

Jul 2009
This show is my crack...
Sep 6, 2011 10:15 PM

Jan 2008
Darkfalz89 said:
The question i pose is quite obvious, so obvious that yes it is a stupid question. My understanding of Makise's fate is that her father stabbed her, kyouma stabbing her was a result of the convergence blah blah. Im going to take a shot at trying to understand what it is kyouma needs to do. When kyouma first realized makise was dead he sent the first D-mail which started the chain of events that ended in WWIII and mayushi's death. After reverting all his D-mails to return to the alpha world line he realizes that in order to return to the true alpha world line makise would have to die. So instead of changing the past in a cause and effect way, his future self mentions to fool himself into thinking she is dead when she is alive so when he sends the D-mail it has no effect > prevents the chain of events >and then burning the time machine papers which then will BUMP him into Steins Gate, the world line that does away with convergence (happy ending).

No, that's not the reason. 2nd Okabe needs to fool his first self that Kurisu dies so that he sends the d-mail that causes him to switch world lines in the first episode. If he doesn't send the 1st d-mail and switch world lines, then none of the events in the series would happen, which would mean that 1st Okabe would not have ever met Kurisu, etc.

It's a simple paradox. If you go to the past to save someone's life, then the past version of you would never have had the motivation to get to the point that made the current version of you want to go to the past in the first place. This is why saving Kurisu directly is impossible.
Sep 6, 2011 10:22 PM

Jul 2011
Sugoi.
Sep 6, 2011 10:27 PM

Mar 2010
epic... This episode was great. Looking forward to a very awesome next week/

El Psy Congroo
My Blog: Due2Life

Sep 6, 2011 10:32 PM
Jun 2011
Panaru said:
It's a simple paradox. If you go to the past to save someone's life, then the past version of you would never have had the motivation to get to the point that made the current version of you want to go to the past in the first place. This is why saving Kurisu directly is impossible.

Just going to wait until the last episode releases then form an explanation for myself. I just wind up confusing my self more and more when i think about it.
Darkfalz89Sep 6, 2011 11:55 PM
Sep 6, 2011 10:33 PM

Jan 2009
I really like how he regained his mad scientist composure towards the end of the episode. El Psy Congroo.. THE WORLD IS IN YOUR HANDS!
Sep 6, 2011 10:48 PM

Apr 2011
Wig and mannequin: ~$100.00
Lab coat, pants, and shoes: ~$60.00
Jug of fake blood: ~$7.00

Saving the lives of 5.7 billion people and pretty much the free world: Timeless
"If you're not prepared to be wrong, you'll never come up with anything original." - Sir Ken Robinson
Sep 6, 2011 11:01 PM
Aug 2011
Mayushii's metal Upa!

Sep 6, 2011 11:23 PM

Jan 2009
ShizuoCell said:
Mayushii's metal Upa!

This something will have to be done about this.
Sep 6, 2011 11:28 PM
Sep 2011
C-Christina
2-Beta world line (where okabe fell in love with her)
04-Lab member 4 (Kurisu)
Sep 6, 2011 11:31 PM
Sep 2011
Also, for more mindfuck in case anybody missed it, one of the alternate endings to the VN is that Okabe is crazy and imagined everything

When you're in a mental asylum, you take a lot of pills.
Modern pills use a controlled release system to maximize drug delivery.
The inventor of that release system lives in Texas, the same state where Dr Pepper comes from.
The inventor's name is Dr. Nicholas A. Peppas.

>Dr. Nicholas A. Peppas
>Dr. Peppas
>Dr Peppers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicholas_A._Peppas
Sep 6, 2011 11:42 PM

Aug 2010
Go Hououin Kyouma! You can do it!

100/5.
Sep 7, 2011 12:02 AM

Jun 2011
LaughingSteiner said:
C-Christina
04-Lab member 4 (Kurisu)

This time machine is still a future gadget, and 204 is its unit number, like its alpha counterpart the FG204. There is also an diverged version called the C203 in the Drama CD Beta. It's now pretty safe to listen to the Drama CDs to learn about the thoughts of both Kurisu and Mayuri regarding this whole incident.

LaughingSteiner said:
Also, for more mindfuck in case anybody missed it, one of the alternate endings to the VN is that Okabe is crazy and imagined everything

What the hell are you talking about. That's one of the worst storytelling ever.
Sep 7, 2011 12:07 AM
Sep 2011
Kansokusha said:
LaughingSteiner said:
C-Christina
04-Lab member 4 (Kurisu)

This time machine is still a future gadget, and 204 is its unit number, like its alpha counterpart the FG204. There is also an diverged version called the C203 in the Drama CD Beta. It's now pretty safe to listen to the Drama CDs to learn about the thoughts of both Kurisu and Mayuri regarding this whole incident.

LaughingSteiner said:

Is Drama CD Beta already translated?
Sep 7, 2011 12:12 AM
Sep 2011
Kansokusha said:
LaughingSteiner said:
C-Christina
04-Lab member 4 (Kurisu)

LaughingSteiner said:

It's copied and pasted from 4chan so it's not really his fault
Sep 7, 2011 12:20 AM

Aug 2009
Holy shit, this episode was sooooooooo good.
Sooooooooooooooooooooo fucking good. This anime reminds me of why I still watch anime. It's so much better than all those other shitty Summer 2011 anime.
Sep 7, 2011 12:26 AM

Oct 2010
Ok so, was it just my imagination or did they change the OP?
Slightly different segments of the song and some animation changes?
Sep 7, 2011 12:28 AM

Aug 2009
hikaricore said:

Yeah, they used a part from the full version of the song and some bits of animation were different.
Sep 7, 2011 12:28 AM

Jun 2008
hikaricore said:

Yes they used the 2nd part from the full version, and part of the animation was also changed.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Sep 7, 2011 12:32 AM

Jun 2011
LaughingSteiner said:

I was working on the translation for Beta, but stopped midway recently as I'm FREAKING EXHAUSTED from my RL. Tho VN project member ReadingSteiner got Alpha and Gamma on his youtube channel, might as well pay a visit.
Sep 7, 2011 12:32 AM

Oct 2010
Lol you two replied almost identically. :p
Was a little tired earlier so i wasn't sure if I was just hearing things or not.
I've listened to the full song hundreds of times otherwise I might not have even noticed. ^_^
Sep 7, 2011 12:36 AM

Sep 2010
Good episode. Only 1 left now.
Sep 7, 2011 12:58 AM

Jun 2011
Just realized that the series is coming to an end. Sigh... what is this hollowed feeling...? It felt exactly the same when I first completed the VN. I can't live without Steins;Gate... I need my food for thought... Hayashi-sama... I need more... cruse this insatiable hunger... the pain... it is unbearable...
Sep 7, 2011 1:07 AM

Jul 2009
Last Episode Preview :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqFsCgs00EE

El Psy Congroo
Sep 7, 2011 1:38 AM

Jun 2008
Kansokusha said:
I need my food for thought... Hayashi-sama... I need more... cruse this insatiable hunger... the pain... it is unbearable...

Let's just hope Robotic;Notes can deliver.
when will they port Hiyoku Renri no Darling... I don't have a 360. T_T
Good thing that Robotic;Notes will be available for both the PS3 and 360.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Sep 7, 2011 1:45 AM

Aug 2008
Gosh, every time they show a future self of the main protagonist, I get excited. Their deep voices.

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Sep 7, 2011 1:46 AM

Mar 2011
Well,the last 10 episodes were predictable, especially for future-Okarin (except for FB, I thought about a future-Nae instead of Braun, but, well.), but then again I pretty much spent 3 months only thinking about it, soo I'm not really the best one to judge this.
the time machine suddenly able to go back in the present definitely seems kind of strange though. But well, it was clearly needed in order to avoid getting stuck in a paradox, since we already hear Hououin's scream in ep1.

Great episode anyway. But I still think it could have been better with 26 episodes, the end seems to be wayy too fast.
It's not horrible though and it still deserves it's 10, and that's only because a 11 isn't possible.
And bonus points for Sky clad no kansokusha. I thought that the insert song (since there is one in most anime, especially the ones adapted from 5pb) was going to be hacking to the gate, which would have been awesome. Turn out that it was the VN's opening, which is even better. Perfect.
In fact, the whole scene was ALMOST perfect (since perfection doesn't exist).
I mean, yeah, Okabe, you look retarded saying stuffs like "El. Psy. Congroo." at 33 years old. But that's exactly why you look awesome, damn.
Also, nice title drop, the steins;gate world line.

Now, I'm all out for a 11eyes end. Or at least kind of. It was also from 5pb, and those who watched 11eyes probably know what I mean.
Altough given the higurashi-vibes of steins;gate about memories, who knows.

I'm also wondering about Suzuha. Since the beginning of the serie, it was the MWI that was used. So it shouldn't have been a problem; even if you change the future, Suzuha will still exist. but since a few episodes, the MWI is wayy less applied and at this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if suzuha had to disappear once a new future is created. Or something like that. Kuh, I hope I am wrong on this one but since they are forgetting the MWI for now, it's definitely possible.
It would also mean that the steins;gate world line would be creating something like a paradox. Please, my god, don't make this a nice paradox who magically save everyone like in Madoka. That's all I ask.
willardhwrightSep 7, 2011 1:57 AM
Sep 7, 2011 1:54 AM

Jul 2007
willardhwright said:
n the present definitely seems kind of strange though. But well, it was clearly needed in order to avoid getting stuck in a paradox, since we already hear Hououin's scream in ep1.

Notice that Suzuha is WAY older and there's no CERN military state out there completely ruling the world. Okabe is alive. Barrel Titor is alive. and Suzuha knows who's daughter she is.

Most likely they just had a whole lot more time to perfect it and THAT okabe dedicated his entire being to create it.

mystik said:
yeah when he went in the time machine, somehow I figured he would be the one to kill her and the asshole father sells out to CERN and starts the WAR. makes sense the father was behind it all, being bitter she was more successful than him and "ruined" his lecture.

Not to cern.

CERN is the most important thing in the previous worldline, in this one its more like a coldwarV2 escalating into a new world war due to time machine tech.

---------------------

AWESOME episode.

The best part is how good it fits with Episode 1 and how Okabes final lines and what he has to do ghastly mirror what he has said AT THE VERY START of first episode.

9000/5
AhenshihaelSep 7, 2011 2:02 AM
Sep 7, 2011 1:56 AM

Jul 2010
btw, do you guys remember?
Dr Nakabachi (Shoichi Makise) is a inventor and a scientist of physics.
Kurisu is a scientist of brain science.
but still she is superior in physics, more than her father.
not only she is genius, she is also otaku, @ channel user and tsundere!
if only a girl like her is really existed...
Sep 7, 2011 2:02 AM

Jul 2007
kusushi said:
btw, do you guys remember?
Dr Nakabachi (Shoichi Makise) is a inventor and a scientist of physics.
Kurisu is a scientist of brain science.
but still she is superior in physics, more than her father.
if only a girl like her is really existed...

You forgot to mention that she is also a redhead :P
Sep 7, 2011 2:08 AM

Mar 2011
Fai said:
willardhwright said:
n the present definitely seems kind of strange though. But well, it was clearly needed in order to avoid getting stuck in a paradox, since we already hear Hououin's scream in ep1.

Notice that Suzuha is WAY older and there's no CERN military state out there completely ruling the world.

True, especially since the time machine wasn't created by Daru this time.

Otherwise yep, the way it fits with ep1 is awesome. some parts seem a bit "classical" for a time travel story, but since it's really well done, there is absolutely no reason to complain.
It was also obvious that the Upa was going to be important, although I expected something bigger than this.
Kh. My weeks are going to feel empty after this, it was one of the few intelligent anime which use real concepts, even if it somehow twisted them sometimes. These things are too rare.

Keh. They do. and believe me, it's not always a gift ~

About this point, I REALLY like huke's design. Thanks to it, it was possible to guess that suzuha is related to Daru very early, and that Kurisu is related to nakabachi (especially because of the eyes, and it was confirmed by a lot of things, like her "not wanting to do the same mistake as her father", etc).
it's not OBVIOUS and therefore spoils the plot, but it definitely is noticeable if you take time to think about it.
willardhwrightSep 7, 2011 2:13 AM
Sep 7, 2011 2:14 AM

Oct 2010
Once more before going in the bottom as follows,

1 000 000 thanks Mayuri for finally waking the fuck up Okabe. You are the best! You are #1 in having stolen Okabe’s first kiss (no offense for Makise fans) and most of all I loved you along with your BGM in the spoiler
YES! That exact moment! The BGM was amazing! Incredible! So absorbing. Seriously even if I write my TL;DR did you know word will never contain my emotions of this episode it’s over 9000 really! Beyond that far more. In fact it’s the first time I do not have enough words to say how exciting even after 3 times it still may be. Saving 4th one for the Bds!

Here are some thoughts to munch up on:
  • Did anyone notice the time machine’s shift SFX in the spoiler
    it really does look like the chrono-sphere effect I have seen in Red Alert 2 game if anyone knows the C&C games.

• When Okabe was inside the Time Machine in the spoiler
    those time shards! Are they not the substance around the time lines themselves? Could it be that is what fills the empty space like available there? In that threadfull tunnel ones has to pass through to get to their desired time?

• Anyone know WTF are the almost not visible in the spoiler
    I swear there looks to be something fishy with those numbers.
Oh man this episode is EPIC! I think in the 3 times I yelled it out over 100 times. Seriously I was hyper ventilating!
Fai said:
mystik said:
yeah when he went in the time machine, somehow I figured he would be the one to kill her and the asshole father sells out to CERN and starts the WAR. makes sense the father was behind it all, being bitter she was more successful than him and "ruined" his lecture.

Not to cern.

CERN is the most important thing in the previous worldline, in this one its more like a coldwarV2 escalating into a new world war due to time machine tech.
Lots of shit I noticed started in this time line. Most of all that quote! "He who controls time controls the world." Indeed a rather powerful saying I heard in the C&C games.

BTW did not notice that they included what I though would be of the time paradox of running into yourself. Now if you touch yourself then you can dissapear right?

I am just curious from your point of view how bad are the consequences of Okabe running into himself?

Fai said:
The best part is how good it fits with Episode 1 and how Okabes final lines and what he has to do ghastly mirror what he has said AT THE VERY START of first episode.
Guess it's time to see the first episode after this. I though it was the best to do it after this episode.

PS: Okabe watch your ass after that! If it found out you deceived time it can still bit your back! I know a series that is going on for 3 movies already and death really was pissed off from being deceived. Watch out Okabe!
Yumekichi11Sep 7, 2011 2:23 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 7, 2011 2:28 AM

Mar 2011
how bad are the consequences of Okabe running into himself?

Depending of the interpretation, it should not be too bad. with a "linear" time (which is a mess anyway) it's just horrible, with a many-world time, it should be okay, no grandfather paradox or whatever.. Altough steins is not very clear about it's structure of time since some episodes, I still think that it would not vaporize anyone.

Still, it would change the world lines drastically so it's a thing he must avoid at all cost.
I know it's a stupid comparison and a lot of people will not get it, but he must more or less do the same thing as Chrono in chrono trigger, when you replace the real chrono with a fake one to prevent his death.
Sep 7, 2011 2:32 AM

Apr 2011
Absolutely brilliant!

It's been a fun ride Steins;Gate, I can and can't wait for the last episode, haha.
hey hey hey hey no
Sep 7, 2011 2:37 AM
Sep 2011
Kansokusha said:
LaughingSteiner said:

I was working on the translation for Beta, but stopped midway recently as I'm FREAKING EXHAUSTED from my RL. Tho VN project member ReadingSteiner got Alpha and Gamma on his youtube channel, might as well pay a visit.

Already. Can't wait for Beta. Thanks for your hard work.
Sep 7, 2011 2:42 AM
Oct 2010
Z-flame said:
I tried to look if "Skurd" had any deep meaning but couldn't find any, so i decided to look for "Skuld" instead and find out this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skuld

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Skuld

So basically Skuld means "future" or "goddess of fate"( I'm guessing this is referring to Kurisu)

oh thanks for the info...aee Norse mythology...again xD

Sep 7, 2011 2:47 AM

Jan 2011
I can't even think of what to say!!!
F*cking awesome episode!!
Absolutely amazing!!

Damn! I love this show!!!
Sep 7, 2011 2:50 AM

Jul 2007
Yumekichi11 said:

Fai said:
Guess it's time to see the first episode after this. I though it was the best to do it after this episode.

PS: Okabe watch your ass after that! If it found out you deceived time it can still bit your back! I know a series that is going on for 3 movies already and death really was pissed off from being deceived. Watch out Okabe!

First ep opened with narration:
"The universe has beginning but no end. infinite.
The stars too have a beginning, but their own power leads them to their own destruction. Finite.
History dictates that its the wise who are most foolish."

Is the sort-of monologue he says at the start of first episode, while we zoom around the telephone lanes and stuff(especially zooming into a transistor that looks like time machine)
Now going line by line:
Timeline.And worldlines as well as cause and effect, like the fact that okabe caused everything to happen because he caused everything to happen.
Okabe causing THE WHOLE SERIES TO HAPPEN by his actions in the penultimate episode because of his own power. As well as the knowledge and tehory of time machine leading the world to its end.
Okabe needing to be wise enough to fool his past self. And in a sense, he was outsmarted and played for a fool by himself since very first episode.

willardhwright said:

Depending of the interpretation, it should not be too bad. with a "linear" time (which is a mess anyway) it's just horrible, with a many-world time, it should be okay, no grandfather paradox or whatever.. Altough steins is not very clear about it's structure of time since some episodes, I still think that it would not vaporize anyone.

Still, it would change the world lines drastically so it's a thing he must avoid at all cost.
I know it's a stupid comparison and a lot of people will not get it, but he must more or less do the same thing as Chrono in chrono trigger, when you replace the real chrono with a fake one to prevent his death.

NOt only would that change worldlines drastically, but theoretically even if they are different okabes, they are IDENTICAL in their molecular structure and overall existence. god knows what could happen with that. foor all we know two okabes would react to each other like antimatter does with matter.

As for kurisu - i hope it does not mean they will replace Kurisu with a plushie version of herself :P
Sep 7, 2011 2:58 AM
Nov 2009
oh gawd, now this answered some of the questions from episode one. Now I wanna know how he will decieve his old self to change his future 9/10
Sep 7, 2011 3:10 AM

Oct 2010
willardhwright said:
I see so the divergence will have a variation or something along those lines while the series is certainly not cler about it's structure of time. The theories are all over the place from the butterfly effect to time paradoxes of varying natures.
willardhwright said:
Yeah that was amazing! Chrono kicks ass! Anyway same thing with the mother part in where you can save her life through some way.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 7, 2011 3:15 AM

Mar 2011
NOO 1 more episode

the episode was epic, kinda predicted something like he stabs kurisu was gonna happen
10/10 for me
10 - [A+] Personal favourite: Best of its genre.
9 - [A] Excellent: Highly enjoyable and memorable.
8 - [B] Great: Genuinely liked and worthwhile.
7 - [C] Average: It's average, still entertaining.
6 - [D] Poor: It's aight. Flawed show.
5 - [E] Bad: Why did i even watch this.
< - [F] Uhh: Nani the fuck?!
Sep 7, 2011 3:22 AM
Jun 2008
at least grandfather paradox doesn't work in stein gate.You can kill your own father before you born if you like.I think I heard Suzuha said this somewhere in the forum,not sure is it from VN or Anime.
Sep 7, 2011 3:23 AM

Sep 2009
damn that was a good ep

1 more ep and goodbye Steins gate T.T
Sep 7, 2011 3:28 AM

Jun 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
  • Anyone know WTF are the almost not visible in the spoiler
    I swear there looks to be something fishy with those numbers.

• I think that it was just a different divergences, they passed through...

Yumekichi11 said:

I am just curious from your point of view how bad are the consequences of Okabe running into himself?

I am sure, that it will just shift worldline to the one, where Okabe always saw himself there... So, I think, that it won't be something really terrible...

Yumekichi11 said:

Isn't it already 5 movies?

Never saw no miracle of science, that didn't go from a blessing to a curse
    Never saw no military solution, that didn't end up as something worse
    Sep 7, 2011 4:12 AM

Jan 2010
    Rianri said:
    Z-flame said:
    I tried to look if "Skurd" had any deep meaning but couldn't find any, so i decided to look for "Skuld" instead and find out this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skuld

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Skuld

So basically Skuld means "future" or "goddess of fate"( I'm guessing this is referring to Kurisu)

oh thanks for the info...aee Norse mythology...again xD

He said he was such an otaku referring to operation "Skuld" and on earlier eps he mentioned operation "Belldandy" so maybe he was referring to the anime/manga characters from Ah! My Goddess, although the mythology info makes more sense xD
    inkuviertoSep 7, 2011 4:20 AM
    Sep 7, 2011 4:13 AM
    Sep 2011
    Well at least after this there is the translated VN to look forward too.
    Sep 7, 2011 4:17 AM

Nov 2007
    Yumekichi11 said:
    You are #1 in having stolen Okabe’s first kiss (no offense for Makise fans)

Nope, I think you are delusional lol. Okabe's First Kiss was Kiryuu Moeka.
    Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
    Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
    Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
    Coronavirus.
    Sep 7, 2011 4:28 AM

Aug 2009
    Wow.

I'm current watching 1st episode again. Just to prove how good this animation has been.

God, Godly steins;gate. Deceive the world, deceive yourself.

and save Kurisu.

That was godly.
    Sep 7, 2011 4:33 AM
    Dec 2009
    That was a fantastic episode! Definitely one of the best animes I have ever seen. I can't wait for next weeks episode.
    Xiao97Sep 7, 2011 4:37 AM
    Sep 7, 2011 5:07 AM

Jan 2008
    I can tell you guys who don't know the real ending, it's gonna be VERY smart :)
    Pages (14) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
    21 minutes ago

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
    Apr 20, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
    Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
    Apr 12, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - May 17, 2011

309 by DmtTrean »»
    Apr 9, 12:33 PM
    It’s time to ditch the text file.
    Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.