Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Sep 1, 2014 4:47 PM
Jul 2014
Will be very dissapointed if Bartolomeo doesnt join the crew
Sep 1, 2014 5:10 PM

Apr 2014
short_review said:
We don't know enough about Bonney atm.

Speaking only about DF power my favorite would have been Perona. Her fruit was hilarious. But I'm afraid she is no more part of the big story. :(

Bonney's fruit is funny and I'm confident she'll have a contest with Luffy at some point but I can't see her saying "Luffy will be the king of pirates !" She left for the New World for this very goal. Somehow she would have to forsake her own dream, or maybe at some point Luffy will save her and she will realize he is somehow different from other pirates.

her encounter with Zoro alone is enough to acknowledge her as new SH Crew for me :D
about her dream, remember she had some other objective right? chasing down Blackbeard and Akainu. a legit reason for her to join SHC since Luffy is actually do the same thing.
Sep 2, 2014 10:21 AM

Apr 2014
Humza_96 said:

And I don't see her joining the crew, nor do I want her to. She has her own crew and the closest she'll get to joining is be an ally.

she don't have crew anymore since she defeated by Blackbeard and arrested by Akainu.
don't know how she escape from Akainu though.
Sep 5, 2014 1:17 PM

Dec 2011
I think its either Bartolomeo or Bellamy hopefully both. I've said Bellamy since the beginning of the arc to much history, and he's changing. Hopefully Bartolomeo gets his wish lol.
Sep 20, 2014 3:17 PM

May 2008
If someone will join in this arc, then I think it will be Rebecca.

I do hope though that one of the dwarves will join! :D They're awesome! wouldn't surprise me if Oda comes up with something like that

If not in this arc, I could definitely see bonnie joining the crew since her pirate crew was defeated.
MennerSep 20, 2014 5:00 PM
Sep 21, 2014 8:40 AM
Jul 2014
IntroverTurtle said:
Behemoth11 said:
Is there a possibilty that there will be even 11 members of Luffys crew? Did Oda already mention something regarding this?
In that most recent interview where he talked about what One Piece isn't he said something about how he has more nakama and more adventures planned or something like that.

With Blackbeard in mind, I'm thinking that Luffy's crew will have the same number of members as Blackbeard''s when it comes to that fight, which would be 11. Plus the Red Hair Pirates, Shanks' crew, has 10 members. So I predict that there won't be many more members, maybe 12 at most, until after Luffy finally meets Shanks again.
Sep 21, 2014 8:59 AM

Apr 2013
They will have new nakama for sure, but not yet in this arc at least
Sep 21, 2014 12:27 PM

May 2012
tr1ckst3r said:
Bonney for the 10th Member!!!!
IF Female

Kinemon if Male..

Sep 21, 2014 1:02 PM

Nov 2013
Kinemon has a son and obviously doesn't wish to become pirate or to travel the seas ...
Sep 21, 2014 3:00 PM

Nov 2010
I vote for Momonosuke for the position of Cabin boy/cool dragon that hangs on Luffy's neck all the time.
Nov 8, 2014 5:52 PM

Nov 2014
I think it would be Viola.I don't have any proof that she will, but I can say is that she would be pretty useful for the Strawhats.I just have a feeling.She's like Vivi, but 100 times better.
Nov 9, 2014 1:25 PM
Dec 2013
I voted for Boa Hancock. The world needs another female Strawhat!
Nov 9, 2014 3:59 PM

Jun 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
I vote for Momonosuke for the position of Cabin boy/cool dragon that hangs on Luffy's neck all the time.

Would make sense tbh, Kinemon could have responsibilities at Wano so he would have to stay but could let momonosuke go, after seeing luffy + crew come out of dressrosa alive he won't have any doubts about his safety xD
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Nov 29, 2014 4:07 PM
Jan 2014
everyone i can think of doesn't seem that likely so i'm thinking the 10th member hasn't been introduced yet.
kinemon may not become a member but something seems like it will happen with him bc of momo. doffy was coming after momo and i can't recall the reason ever being explained(maybe something to do with the devil fruit he ate?), so they might have to stay on the ship a bit longer but who knows what'll happen then.
Nov 29, 2014 6:14 PM

Apr 2014
It's Caesar, Deal with it!
Nov 30, 2014 7:45 AM
Sep 2010
I'll be highly upset if it isn't super fanboy Bartolomeo.
Dec 15, 2014 7:15 AM
Dec 2014
Hi guys, here is my own opinion ,

some of you voted for JINBE/Jinbei and yes i also think that he'll be a good crewmate for them and yes in the later episodes i think that he really will be one of them, but is he the 10th one? for me, NO,
why? coz he clearly said that " I will join your crew, but not now, i need to finish some matters first ." w/c is? being a member and underling of the one of the four emperors the one that took over the fishman island the Candy queen "BIG MOM" .
Fighting one of the four emperors specially BIG MOM will soon take place, but the flow of ODA's story right now ... i think they'll be facing KAIDOU first becoz of what happend to the SMILES that DON FLAMINGO is currently making and selling as future weapons.

And let's now go back to the main question " Who will be their 10th member"
my own answer and opinion is " Bartolomeo the Cannibal " why him?

the answer is very simple, just like how Luffy got most/all of his crew, He supported them with all He's got, and luffy saw his will and hardships to protect the whole crew not just luffy solely, + he has a different character right? if you still remember how he got and invited his crew, you'll see that before he had them they all acted like BARTOLOMEO, who defended him and his pride in being a pirate and always standing for what they think is right + THEY ALL HAVE DREAMS. So being in Luffy's crew,the 1st requirement is that you must have a dream of your own,that you want to achieve,and you are ready to give up your life for your crewmate and dreams...
just like how Franky and Brook joined the crew, they helped them a lot ,then luffy asked them to join.
so what do you think?

the downside tho...

his powers....what good will it do? he'll be the what? what's his role? protecting the ship? does he have that enough raw power to stand the enemies? hmmmmm i really still don't know, well atleast he made it into the second half w/c is the NEW WORLD and that makes him a little powerful than the other pirates i think xD

so its BARTOLOMEO and JINBE for me...

feel free to answer and question my post (y)

here's my FB link, let's chat and discuss there too :)
https://www.facebook.com/eiji.katsu
blackheart001Dec 15, 2014 7:47 AM
Dec 15, 2014 7:21 AM
Dec 2014
Behemoth11 said:
Thank you! I like the idea that at the end of One Piece even Aokiji will join Luffy. Even if it's for a short time.

thats also a possibility coz i think he really is a good guy, and is now questioning the marines and the world governments power...
Dec 15, 2014 7:37 AM
Dec 2014
IntroverTurtle said:

ahaha lol, so what is he? just like boa's pet snake? xD
Dec 16, 2014 12:36 PM
Feb 2014
Well, firstly, Jinbe will join and I think that his story on the front page of every chapter that began with "I'm heading back to my friends" or something like that is the indication that he's traveling towards the Straw Hats; we can even see, in his story, when he reads the newspaper where it is said that Trafalgar Law and Luffy creates an alliance and this was something we also saw in the same chapter when Luffy and Law actually created the Alliance; or close to it.

http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/106/75-751.0/compressed/b001.jpg - back to my Friends, probably or at least could indicate Luffy and Co.

http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/106/TBD-760.0/compressed/b001.jpg - When he read about the alliance in his cover story.

http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/106/70-700.0/compressed/p003.jpg - and here you can see Jinbe reading the same Newspaper in the manga, not cover story.

That could indicate that Jinbei's cover story is behind the real story something that could end up in Jinbei actually turning up in Dressrosa OR meeting Sanji and Co at the end of his Cover story. This will only happen if it really was Luffy and Co. that was meant to be the friends Jinbe headed back to.

He would also be a great asset and the monster trio would get a forth member; and the problem with having DF-users falling overboard would not be a problem anymore because they have a fishman in the crew and they also have the "We respect you as you are"-mentality and because of that It would be weird if they don't get a fishman in the crew considering the Fishmen's past and Jinbe is also the only one that would fit in the "Fishman or merman/mermaid-category so far".

The only thing that could prevent Jinbe from joining, and this is also something many in the OP-fandom believes, is that he's going to die.

Well, enough about Jinbe! So I will move on to Bellamy, and yes I consider him as a candidate whatever you like it or not. When Bellamy got introduced in the Colosseum I said to my friend "I think Bellamy may join and if he does he will change the Doflamingo pirates symbol to a Mugiawara symbol, similiar to how Nami tattooed over her Fishman Pirate-symbol"; this does not necessarily mean that he will join their crew it could end with him just being an ally.

But look at some facts, Bartolomeo has helped the Straw Hat crew a lot YES but Luffy has not been interacting that much with him during this arc to be honest. I can see Bartolomeo becoming an ally of the Straw hats and maybe even join but well, it would feel wierd of him to ditch his crew to be with the Straw hats.

Bellamy on the other hand:
+ Have interacted with Luffy A LOT in this Arc, Luffy rooted for him and he doesn't want to fight with Bellamy. Bellamy is more or less treated as Luffys friend.
+ Has no crew so I see no problem there.
+ Enormous change in characteristics during time skip.
+ Bellamy will probably, or at least coudl, be the reason Luffy gets emotionally involved with the whole Doflamingo-business.

- Bellamy has a devil fruit that is similiar to Luffys but on the other hand the crew has two swordsmen, Zoro and Brook, so why not two similiar paramecias?

Oda re-introduced Bellamy to either do something big or become someone pretty important otherwise I see no reason as to why he got introduced again AND have had pretty much panel time during this arc; most likely more than Sanji, Nami, Brook and Chopper lol.

I could be wrong about the Bellamy-thing but it's fun to speculate so I hope I at least gave you a fun read. :)
Dec 25, 2014 2:35 PM
Dec 2014
Diamante said:
Well, firstly, Jinbe will join and I think that his story on the front page of every chapter that began with "I'm heading back to my friends" or something like that is the indication that he's traveling towards the Straw Hats; we can even see, in his story, when he reads the newspaper where it is said that Trafalgar Law and Luffy creates an alliance and this was something we also saw in the same chapter when Luffy and Law actually created the Alliance; or close to it.

http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/106/75-751.0/compressed/b001.jpg - back to my Friends, probably or at least could indicate Luffy and Co.

http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/106/TBD-760.0/compressed/b001.jpg - When he read about the alliance in his cover story.

http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/106/70-700.0/compressed/p003.jpg - and here you can see Jinbe reading the same Newspaper in the manga, not cover story.

That could indicate that Jinbei's cover story is behind the real story something that could end up in Jinbei actually turning up in Dressrosa OR meeting Sanji and Co at the end of his Cover story. This will only happen if it really was Luffy and Co. that was meant to be the friends Jinbe headed back to.

He would also be a great asset and the monster trio would get a forth member; and the problem with having DF-users falling overboard would not be a problem anymore because they have a fishman in the crew and they also have the "We respect you as you are"-mentality and because of that It would be weird if they don't get a fishman in the crew considering the Fishmen's past and Jinbe is also the only one that would fit in the "Fishman or merman/mermaid-category so far".

The only thing that could prevent Jinbe from joining, and this is also something many in the OP-fandom believes, is that he's going to die.

Well, enough about Jinbe! So I will move on to Bellamy, and yes I consider him as a candidate whatever you like it or not. When Bellamy got introduced in the Colosseum I said to my friend "I think Bellamy may join and if he does he will change the Doflamingo pirates symbol to a Mugiawara symbol, similiar to how Nami tattooed over her Fishman Pirate-symbol"; this does not necessarily mean that he will join their crew it could end with him just being an ally.

But look at some facts, Bartolomeo has helped the Straw Hat crew a lot YES but Luffy has not been interacting that much with him during this arc to be honest. I can see Bartolomeo becoming an ally of the Straw hats and maybe even join but well, it would feel wierd of him to ditch his crew to be with the Straw hats.

Bellamy on the other hand:
+ Have interacted with Luffy A LOT in this Arc, Luffy rooted for him and he doesn't want to fight with Bellamy. Bellamy is more or less treated as Luffys friend.
+ Has no crew so I see no problem there.
+ Enormous change in characteristics during time skip.
+ Bellamy will probably, or at least coudl, be the reason Luffy gets emotionally involved with the whole Doflamingo-business.

- Bellamy has a devil fruit that is similiar to Luffys but on the other hand the crew has two swordsmen, Zoro and Brook, so why not two similiar paramecias?

Oda re-introduced Bellamy to either do something big or become someone pretty important otherwise I see no reason as to why he got introduced again AND have had pretty much panel time during this arc; most likely more than Sanji, Nami, Brook and Chopper lol.

I could be wrong about the Bellamy-thing but it's fun to speculate so I hope I at least gave you a fun read. :)

I somewhat agree with the Bellamy thing xD but I don't think he will join, but you are right his loyalty to Donflamingo, and Donflamingo betraying and trying to kill him and he stays loyal. Even saying I made a mistake with him but he remains Loyal talk about setting you mind to something. This is pissing Luffy off extremely and getting him self emotionally evolved due to his believes and his relationship to his own crew.

To be perfectly honest I think Luffy will beat Donflamingo and Bellamy will deal the final blow if he has not been killed at this point.. and Luffy is gonna try everything not to kill him. I predict he will take over Donflamingo Black Market, or if he decides to leave it behind he may even join Law,s and Bartolomeo crew o.o but that also means Luffy is still a candidate or for all we even know Buggy with some werid twist xDDD
Jan 18, 2015 10:56 AM
Jan 2015
I Think some pirates can't join to Strawhat Pirates like Bartolomeo, Bellamy, Cavendish, Boa and etc. They can become an ALLY to strawhat, like the battle in Marineford. White Beard have many ally to help him to save Ace.
-
So there are few candidates in the 10th position. Sabo can't join too coz he is a revolutionary.
-
Kinemon is not an option too, coz he need to focus on his son, and Kyros too, for her daughter, and Rebecca can't either join, coz she is need by his father.
-
Maybe Jimbei??
but for me, he is not.
-
Oda told that the 10th member is Female?
-
Come to think of "VIOLA" (VIOLET).
if she is in the Strawhats crew.
look at her power. If the Strawhat have that power.
no one can keep a secret and can't lie. Also can see the things far from her.
-
I think, after saving the Dressrosa, King Riku decide to help Luffy with Viola for his crew.
-
VIOLA ate the Giro Giro no Mi, a Paramecia-class Devil Fruit that allows her to form "goggles" via her fingers, which she can use to see through everything (akin to X-ray vision) and read the minds of others, as well as allow others to see into her memories in return. It was due to this that she managed to see through all the men who attempted to lie to her, making it impossible to deceive her altogether.
-
She can also form tears from inside of her eyes and manipulate them into large whales to attack her targets.
-
Kwan
Jan 18, 2015 10:57 AM
Jan 2015
I Think some pirates can't join to Strawhat Pirates like Bartolomeo, Bellamy, Cavendish, Boa and etc. They can become an ALLY to strawhat, like the battle in Marineford. White Beard have many ally to help him to save Ace.
-
So there are few candidates in the 10th position. Sabo can't join too coz he is a revolutionary.
-
Kinemon is not an option too, coz he need to focus on his son, and Kyros too, for her daughter, and Rebecca can't either join, coz she is need by his father.
-
Maybe Jimbei??
but for me, he is not.
-
Oda told that the 10th member is Female?
-
Come to think of "VIOLA" (VIOLET).
if she is in the Strawhats crew.
look at her power. If the Strawhat have that power.
no one can keep a secret and can't lie. Also can see the things far from her.
-
I think, after saving the Dressrosa, King Riku decide to help Luffy with Viola for his crew.
-
VIOLA ate the Giro Giro no Mi, a Paramecia-class Devil Fruit that allows her to form "goggles" via her fingers, which she can use to see through everything (akin to X-ray vision) and read the minds of others, as well as allow others to see into her memories in return. It was due to this that she managed to see through all the men who attempted to lie to her, making it impossible to deceive her altogether.
-
She can also form tears from inside of her eyes and manipulate them into large whales to attack her targets.
-
Kwan
Jan 18, 2015 11:24 AM

Jan 2015
Hancock won't join. Jinbei will join but only later, at least that is what he said. Regarding Sabo, he's a revolutionist, he was saved by Dragon and he's loyal to him.
Viola is a possibility but I don't disregard Perona as a possibility either. I do not know why, I just have the feeling she has yet to say goodbye.
Mar 15, 2015 9:46 AM
Feb 2014
Diamante said:

+ Bellamy will probably, or at least could, be the reason Luffy gets emotionally involved with the whole Doflamingo-business.

It's fun to get something right. (Y)
Mar 15, 2015 11:50 AM
Feb 2014
mhm Bartholomeo or someone still unknown, Jimbei will probably join but after someone else joins
Mar 15, 2015 11:52 AM
Feb 2014
Caik7 said:
Hancock won't join. Jinbei will join but only later, at least that is what he said. Regarding Sabo, he's a revolutionist, he was saved by Dragon and he's loyal to him.
Viola is a possibility but I don't disregard Perona as a possibility either. I do not know why, I just have the feeling she has yet to say goodbye.

Having a lolita on board now that's very possible :o
Viola Rebecca just had a family reunion they won't join
Dec 26, 2015 5:56 PM
Jan 2015
I have always strongly believed that the next member should be a logia fruit devil fruit user, or maybe a fishman(well, we already have jinbei but he doesnt really fit that well with the crew to be really honest with you guys)
DeusEstTenebrisDec 26, 2015 5:58 PM
Dec 27, 2015 4:14 AM

Apr 2014
tr1ckst3r said:
It's Caesar, Deal with it!
My money still goes to Caesar.
Jan 14, 2016 7:21 PM
Jan 2016
Pekom because ZOU and MINK
cimanggu1Jan 15, 2016 1:07 AM
Jan 16, 2016 6:53 PM

Aug 2014
I'll just comment on some of the possibilities I've read

Jinbei: almost confirmed

Caesar: he's funny, but he's way too malicious, wouldn't fit

Kin'emon: though, he has a son and a place where to return, I don't see this happening, also, not much was explained about him

Kanjuro: That would be nice, he's funny as his skill, but I can't see him without Kin'emon, those two are a duo

Raizou: no idea who he is, but he could turn out to be the one from Wano that could join Straw Hats

Viola: she's gonna obviously stay in Dressrosa now that peace has returned

Rebecca: same as Viola, but living with her father

Trafalgar Law: no, he's a captain and as such he can't join another crew, he may join the Straw Hat Grand Fleet though, but I don't think it will ever happen, they're rivals

Bartolomeo: he's a captain and he already joined the Grand Fleet

Cavendish: same as Bartolomeo

Bellamy: no. He just learned he should try to live his own life instead of following pepople, he'll be a fellow allie of Luffy and his crew, but nothing more

Hancock: can't be, she has to protect Amazon Lily and its population so she shall remain a shichibukai

Jewerly Bonney: she's weird, she acts weird in a lot of situation, as if she knows too much. I don't think she's the one though

Pudding: she was just mentioned and of course someone thinks about her being taken away by Sanji to join the crew, but I feel like it'll be more like running away from the wedding WITHOUT the bride

So, my first choices would be Jinbei (even though I don't appreciate him so much and I dont' see him fitting well in the crew), Kanjuro (would be funny), Raizou (I feel like the entire setting as it is now it's meant to make him join the crew), Perona (she just would fit so damn well).

Comments to you.
Ruka desu.
Jan 17, 2016 11:04 AM
Dec 2015
I'm gonna watch this series until the end if Caesar joins Strawhats. We don't know anything about him yet, just that Vegapunk kicked him Strange, because they both were working on chemical weaponry and Caesar's been kicked for succeeding? Sorry, sth smells here... Who was Caesar before all that? Maybe he wasn't that bad after all? What/ who made him behave this way? Who does he want to prove his worth to?

Also, I love Caesar as a whole. Mainly for his voice, but he's soooooo damn much fun as whole character. Who cares what he did on PH, maybe he had his reasons (and it's an anime after all, so i don't take it serious at all ;p ). As for Caesar himself, he is a classic INTP type villain (or maybe an anti hero soon? even Hulk fits this type and he is considered a protagonist) and those will do whatever it takes for their research to succeed. My guess is Caesar wants to get back to World Government and steal the Legendary Scientist's title from Vegapunk.

Also he could make a great addition for the team since he's a genius :3 Caesar is such a cutie. A little treacherous, but I am 100000000% sure he will be eternally grateful and loyal to those who properly value him, help him and grant him with unconditional friendship, which he seems to really lack. Also he has nowhere to go now.

I am waiting for his backstory. I wanna knoooooooow. Please, Oda-dono! <3
Jan 17, 2016 9:27 PM

Aug 2014
solar-wind said:
I'm gonna watch this series until the end if Caesar joins Strawhats. We don't know anything about him yet, just that Vegapunk kicked him Strange, because they both were working on chemical weaponry and Caesar's been kicked for succeeding? Sorry, sth smells here... Who was Caesar before all that? Maybe he wasn't that bad after all? What/ who made him behave this way? Who does he want to prove his worth to?

Also, I love Caesar as a whole. Mainly for his voice, but he's soooooo damn much fun as whole character. Who cares what he did on PH, maybe he had his reasons (and it's an anime after all, so i don't take it serious at all ;p ). As for Caesar himself, he is a classic INTP type villain (or maybe an anti hero soon? even Hulk fits this type and he is considered a protagonist) and those will do whatever it takes for their research to succeed. My guess is Caesar wants to get back to World Government and steal the Legendary Scientist's title from Vegapunk.

Also he could make a great addition for the team since he's a genius :3 Caesar is such a cutie. A little treacherous, but I am 100000000% sure he will be eternally grateful and loyal to those who properly value him, help him and grant him with unconditional friendship, which he seems to really lack. Also he has nowhere to go now.

I am waiting for his backstory. I wanna knoooooooow. Please, Oda-dono! <3

As much as I think you're right about the fact that a scientist ins't in the crew, and his character is good enough, he still can't join, not because of that research, but because of the children, and the fact he let his subordinates die in order to kill the intruders, Luffy HATES that kind of people, no way he would forgive him. Ever.
Ruka desu.
Jan 28, 2016 9:47 AM

Oct 2014
Okay I see what everyone is saying about Ceaser and it scares me how much he has going for him. But I'm not that worried about him joining mainly because one of the strawhats said "You're the kind of person our Captain hates the most" so I just don't see him being in the crew (thank god)

I am also ruling out Kinemon because unlike Yasopp and Roger he isn't a deadbeat dad who will leave his child just so he can take to the seas. However I think Momonosuke does have a chance but it will all come down to whatever happens with Wano Kingdom because I doubt he'd leave his dad unless Kinemon died for example.

I think we're going to see Jinbei in the upcoming Big Mam arc. After Luffy has finished dealing with Big Mam Jinbei will definitely join unless of course he dies like many people have predicted. Jinbei is someone who I really would love to see join the crew.

Aside from Jinbei there is one other person I really really want to see join the crew and that is Jewellery Bonney. Come on, you can't deny she'd be an amazing addition not to mention she's wrapped in so much mystery and I'm sure she has an incredible back story. There are just so many reasons why I'd love to see Bonney join the crew and I think there is a decent chance she will join. But to be completely honest this is more just something I want to happen than something that will genuinely occur.

Other people who might join :
There's a decent chance a Mink will join and I'd love to see Garfield (Neko-something) have some affiliation with the crew although he'd join the fleet if anything at all.
I would also like to see Carrot join just because BUNNY GIRL xD but I do think we might see a mink join it would be someone else though because lets face it those two aren't gonna join.
Monet? I loved her as a character and she's an astronomer which would definitely help the crew considering the space arc Oda has been hinting at. But I'm actually against Monet theories because she is supposedly dead. Even if Oda brings her back I just wouldn't be happy to see her join at this point.

My 2 favourites are Bonney and Jimbei and omg I would be so so happy if Bonney does join
Jan 29, 2016 3:23 AM

Mar 2015
REINDEER GIRL HAS TO JOIN!!!! Chopper needs that girl!! give him at least that, if you don't give him a serious bounty, Oda!!
Jan 29, 2016 6:30 AM

Jun 2012
Pekoms boys.

Inori_is_love said:
Okay I see what everyone is saying about Ceaser and it scares me how much he has going for him. But I'm not that worried about him joining mainly because one of the strawhats said "You're the kind of person our Captain hates the most" so I just don't see him being in the crew (thank god)

I am also ruling out Kinemon because unlike Yasopp and Roger he isn't a deadbeat dad who will leave his child just so he can take to the seas. However I think Momonosuke does have a chance but it will all come down to whatever happens with Wano Kingdom because I doubt he'd leave his dad unless Kinemon died for example.

I think we're going to see Jinbei in the upcoming Big Mam arc. After Luffy has finished dealing with Big Mam Jinbei will definitely join unless of course he dies like many people have predicted. Jinbei is someone who I really would love to see join the crew.

Aside from Jinbei there is one other person I really really want to see join the crew and that is Jewellery Bonney. Come on, you can't deny she'd be an amazing addition not to mention she's wrapped in so much mystery and I'm sure she has an incredible back story. There are just so many reasons why I'd love to see Bonney join the crew and I think there is a decent chance she will join. But to be completely honest this is more just something I want to happen than something that will genuinely occur.

Other people who might join :
There's a decent chance a Mink will join and I'd love to see Garfield (Neko-something) have some affiliation with the crew although he'd join the fleet if anything at all.
I would also like to see Carrot join just because BUNNY GIRL xD but I do think we might see a mink join it would be someone else though because lets face it those two aren't gonna join.
Monet? I loved her as a character and she's an astronomer which would definitely help the crew considering the space arc Oda has been hinting at. But I'm actually against Monet theories because she is supposedly dead. Even if Oda brings her back I just wouldn't be happy to see her join at this point.

My 2 favourites are Bonney and Jimbei and omg I would be so so happy if Bonney does join

I can't see any logical reason bonney would join, especially considering she's her own captain with her own crew. An ally? perhaps.
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Jan 29, 2016 8:02 AM

Mar 2015
@jimbob1141 who says she wasn't the only one able to escape from the marines? have you seen her with her crew after the timeskip? No, on the contrary, she was seen hiding really hard. I see no reason she couldn't join. If she has nowhere to go, she joins when they meet, if she searches for help to free her comrades or whatever, she becomes an ally.
Jan 30, 2016 2:42 PM

Dec 2013
I don't know who would join but if you ask who do i want, then i would say Sabo. He's realy strong and now that he has Ace's fruit he's even stronger. He and Ace were the ones who Luffy wanted to join his crew in the first place. Eiichiro sensee just let Koala take his place and make him join Luffy's crew XD And maybe we could learn a thing or two about Dragon from him!!! (Though I write this, i realy don't see it happening.. Forgive this fangirl..)
Melysara.
Jan 30, 2016 3:00 PM

Nov 2014
i wished it was margaret, but this won't happen anymore

Jan 30, 2016 3:08 PM

Mar 2015
KenichiYuuki said:
I don't know who would join but if you ask who do i want, then i would say Sabo. He's realy strong and now that he has Ace's fruit he's even stronger. He and Ace were the ones who Luffy wanted to join his crew in the first place. Eiichiro sensee just let Koala take his place and make him join Luffy's crew XD And maybe we could learn a thing or two about Dragon from him!!! (Though I write this, i realy don't see it happening.. Forgive this fangirl..)

tbh I feel that Sabo can't join for the same reasons that I felt Ace wouldn't/shouldn't and couldn't ever join. I also highly doubt it would ever happen, even if the revolutionaries were to be whiped out by their coming fight with BB. Even then, I feel like the fight won't affect too much of the chances of Sabo ever joining. If he literally is the only one left alive, which I highly doubt not only because Sabo wouldn't abandon anyone and rather die than seeing his comrades die, but also because his fruit is a fruit that the BB Pirates are hunting down. So why keep him alive if the BB pirates were to anihiliate the revolutionaries? It just won't ever happen. Their fight will have some importance in the coming stories, but I feel like it's not gonna be a totall loss for either side. They both are gonna have serious damages on their groups, BB will probably retreat afterwards or smth.

Oh yeah, the reasons Ace also couldn't join: It would be an insult towards Luffy his brothers to even ask them to become his underlings, as they are stronger than he currently is. He also sees them more as rivals in a way, to show them that he isn't that crybaby anymore who needs help whenever he picks a fight. He wants to show them just how much he has grown and will never have so little respect as to EVER let them become his underlings. Luffy is THEIR little brother after all, he wants to be at least as good as his brothers and be able to treat them as equals, that's what younger brothers try. (I should have used past tense as well for Ace, but that would be too much work, you get that I'm talking for both Ace and Sabo anyway)
HiroyuukiJan 30, 2016 3:17 PM
Jan 31, 2016 6:46 PM

Dec 2013
Hiroyuuki said:
KenichiYuuki said:

tbh I feel that Sabo can't join for the same reasons that I felt Ace wouldn't/shouldn't and couldn't ever join. I also highly doubt it would ever happen, even if the revolutionaries were to be whiped out by their coming fight with BB. Even then, I feel like the fight won't affect too much of the chances of Sabo ever joining. If he literally is the only one left alive, which I highly doubt not only because Sabo wouldn't abandon anyone and rather die than seeing his comrades die, but also because his fruit is a fruit that the BB Pirates are hunting down. So why keep him alive if the BB pirates were to anihiliate the revolutionaries? It just won't ever happen. Their fight will have some importance in the coming stories, but I feel like it's not gonna be a totall loss for either side. They both are gonna have serious damages on their groups, BB will probably retreat afterwards or smth.

Oh yeah, the reasons Ace also couldn't join: It would be an insult towards Luffy his brothers to even ask them to become his underlings, as they are stronger than he currently is. He also sees them more as rivals in a way, to show them that he isn't that crybaby anymore who needs help whenever he picks a fight. He wants to show them just how much he has grown and will never have so little respect as to EVER let them become his underlings. Luffy is THEIR little brother after all, he wants to be at least as good as his brothers and be able to treat them as equals, that's what younger brothers try. (I should have used past tense as well for Ace, but that would be too much work, you get that I'm talking for both Ace and Sabo anyway)

I don't know.. Is Luffy complex enough to think that? I can totally imagine him casually asking Sabo to join his crew :D and Sabo could join in order to protect Luffy.. Since he already lost Ace and he couldn't be there even to try to save him. So we could think that he joined the crew just to keep Luffy near him and protect him.. BUT don't worry i know this won't happen XD it's just that their past was one of my fav parts of one piece. Ace is already gone and i know we won't be seeing much of Sabo.. Makes me so sad.. ㅠ____ㅠ
Melysara.
Jan 31, 2016 9:53 PM

Jan 2012
Sanji's wife will be next!!!
you sound poor
Feb 2, 2016 9:47 AM
Mar 2009
Jinbei would be great, but I was thinking of the possibility of him reforming the Fishman pirates and then joining the Straw Hat grand fleet!!! Also, in terms of the role he would play I can't seeing him occupying a specific position in the SH crew, like sniper or cook. It kinda makes sense for him to be the captain of his own crew since he's so strong! But, I may well be wrong since Oda works in mysterious ways :D
Feb 2, 2016 10:04 AM

Mar 2015
CaiDa2931 said:
Jinbei would be great, but I was thinking of the possibility of him reforming the Fishman pirates and then joining the Straw Hat grand fleet!!! Also, in terms of the role he would play I can't seeing him occupying a specific position in the SH crew, like sniper or cook. It kinda makes sense for him to be the captain of his own crew since he's so strong! But, I may well be wrong since Oda works in mysterious ways :D

Underwater scout, water fighter, DF water resquer... He is a big asset to the crew, don't forget, the only 2 somewhat useful ones underwater are Zoro and Sanji. Even then, they still have their limitations because they are human. Their movements are limited, they can't breathe, they aren't really fast underwater... Jinbei can do all that without any problems.

Since he went to Big Mom to solve something, many suspect that we will see Jinbei again soon and that he will join together with another new member (I hear Pekoms alot lately tnx to the last few chapters). He himself even said he'd like to join after he finished all this. I just feel that there is no way he won't join.

On the other hand, I wouldn't mind seeing Jinbei reforming the Sun Pirates or what was the name again..? Either way, Jinbei is and will forever be an important person to Luffy, IF he happened to have changed his mind and doesn't want to join anymore, he still will be the SH Pirates their most loyal ally.
HiroyuukiFeb 2, 2016 10:09 AM
Feb 3, 2016 4:16 AM
Mar 2009
Hiroyuuki said:
CaiDa2931 said:

Underwater scout, water fighter, DF water resquer... He is a big asset to the crew, don't forget, the only 2 somewhat useful ones underwater are Zoro and Sanji. Even then, they still have their limitations because they are human. Their movements are limited, they can't breathe, they aren't really fast underwater... Jinbei can do all that without any problems.

Since he went to Big Mom to solve something, many suspect that we will see Jinbei again soon and that he will join together with another new member (I hear Pekoms alot lately tnx to the last few chapters). He himself even said he'd like to join after he finished all this. I just feel that there is no way he won't join.

On the other hand, I wouldn't mind seeing Jinbei reforming the Sun Pirates or what was the name again..? Either way, Jinbei is and will forever be an important person to Luffy, IF he happened to have changed his mind and doesn't want to join anymore, he still will be the SH Pirates their most loyal ally.

Of course! Jinbei has all those strengths, and I don't doubt at all the we'll see him again. In fact there's a good chance we'll see all the allies that the SHs have made all along their journey, including the Skypieans, the guys from W7, Ivankov, people from Alabasta. If One Piece leads to one massive battle, then Luffy is gonna need all his friends, and they'll probably all come running to help!

In terms of Jinbei as a new member, he may well join, but usually there's been a different kind of pattern in the past, where a whole arc has been dedicated to a new member, after which they join the crew. That may have been the Fishman arc, but I kinda felt that was more of a build up to revealing the info about the Poseidon stuff via poneglyphs, rather than Jinbei becoming a new crew member. Again, I could easily be wrong - all these speculations are just personal opinions!

I would be very happy if Jinbei joined the crew of course, he's awesome! Would also be cool if he got the Sun pirates together :)
I also feel that other theories may point towards the Big Mam pirates eventually becoming friends of the SHs (but that's something else altogether ;P )
Feb 9, 2016 3:14 AM

Feb 2013
Top candidates

1. Carrot, Role: Scout

She has a fighting style unique to the mink tribe, so we will get something new. She has shown to be the adventuring type when she showed interest in Luffy's infiltration plan. She has shown to be interested in Luffy. She is the cutest character in the series. She has a sad past of her people getting slaughtered and tortured by Jack. Her dream, no clue.

2. Caesar Clown, Role: Scientist.

He is what the crew is lacking, a logia type fighter. He will bring extremely valuable contribution due to his high amount of scientific knowledge. He has shown to fit so well with the crew dynamic and is a pretty funny guy, worthy of being a nakama. He will play a large role in saving Sanji this arc, and Luffy will be touched at his selflessness and invites him to join. His sad past is getting experimented on by various government scientist led by Vegapunk. His dream is to surpass Vegapunk.

3. Jinbei Knight of the Sea, Role: Helmsmen

He also brings an unique fighting style to the crew, Gyojin Karate. Luffy is personally great friends with him and asked him to join, who would accept but he had his business first. After he finish them there is a chance he will return. Plus he found a poneglyph which might be relevant to the story. His sad past is racism and Tiger's death. His dream is to make the Fishmen race more accepted by humans.
Feb 17, 2016 12:57 PM
Nov 2015
Arcofdream said:
Top candidates

1. Carrot, Role: Scout

She has a fighting style unique to the mink tribe, so we will get something new. She has shown to be the adventuring type when she showed interest in Luffy's infiltration plan. She has shown to be interested in Luffy. She is the cutest character in the series. She has a sad past of her people getting slaughtered and tortured by Jack. Her dream, no clue.

2. Caesar Clown, Role: Scientist.

He is what the crew is lacking, a logia type fighter. He will bring extremely valuable contribution due to his high amount of scientific knowledge. He has shown to fit so well with the crew dynamic and is a pretty funny guy, worthy of being a nakama. He will play a large role in saving Sanji this arc, and Luffy will be touched at his selflessness and invites him to join. His sad past is getting experimented on by various government scientist led by Vegapunk. His dream is to surpass Vegapunk.

3. Jinbei Knight of the Sea, Role: Helmsmen

He also brings an unique fighting style to the crew, Gyojin Karate. Luffy is personally great friends with him and asked him to join, who would accept but he had his business first. After he finish them there is a chance he will return. Plus he found a poneglyph which might be relevant to the story. His sad past is racism and Tiger's death. His dream is to make the Fishmen race more accepted by humans.

I highly doubt carrot or Jinbei will join as main parts of the crew.

We've seen now heLuffy has an alliance/fleet and if Jinbei is going to join him it will be as a fishman crew.

I think a minkmen crew is also possible but unlikely, i doubt she'll join main crew as Chopper is deemed the pet. Another animal based crew member would be sorta unbalanced.

Caesar does seem like the next strawhat..... There's way too much evidence and we've been given his dream over and over.
7EJh77bFeb 18, 2016 2:31 PM
Stein's Gate is the worst anime of all time.
Feb 17, 2016 2:46 PM
Jan 2016
Pretty sure its going to be Caesar Clown at this pace.

He is the only character besides Jimbei thus far who has an actual dream(surpassing Vegapunk) and skill that would greatly contribute to Luffy's crew(he can help Franky with weapons and contribute to Chopper's medicine). If you've been paying extra attention to his behavior recently you can tell he is changing from the insane nutcase we first met on Punk Hazard to somebody who is actually holding at least some concern overs on Zou(still the same coward though).

I always find it kind of funny how people keep saying Caesar is "impossible" when almost everybody has overlooked the fact that Robin has killed hundreds of people in her line of work(regardless of her past). Not to mention she was one heck of a surprise back in the Alabasta days and I don't think there was ever much thought that her own backstory would be so tragic. I'm already betting Caesar has a story coming up with how he has been kept around!

Granted, I would not be surprised as well that I'm wrong since Oda loves his twists.
Feb 17, 2016 3:48 PM

Jan 2012
I've been hearing rumors that the 10th Straw Hat will be a previous villain. IDK if this is true or not, but if it were to be a previous villain I guess Ceaser would make the most sense because they have him captured. He would also be a logia type user which the straw hats are lacking. Plus he has the quirk to fit the crew.

When they showed Rob Lucci for a second in one of the chapters I thought maybe him, but he is in CP0 so I doubt that, plus he would probably disrupt the power balance of the Straw Hats.

I was thinking Aokiji since he left the admirals since he left the marines after the fight with Akainu and all, but him becoming a pirate seems unlikely, plus he would also disrupt the power balance of the Straw Hats.

Ideally I would want Mr. 2 (Bentham) to somehow break out of Impel Down and join the crew. His character was amazing and he could work as the crew's spy due to his ability. It would be amazing.

Jinbe isn't an enemy, but he seems like a likely candidate because of the whole conversation that went down at Fishman Island.

I also wouldn't mind if one of the Minks end up joining the crew.
Feb 18, 2016 8:44 AM

Mar 2015
sman3579 said:

I was thinking Aokiji since he left the admirals since he left the marines after the fight with Akainu and all, but him becoming a pirate seems unlikely, plus he would also disrupt the power balance of the Straw Hats.

He is still stronger than the whole SH crew and just in case you missed it, he already is a pirate, part of the BB Pirates. We don't know if he is serious about this or if he is working undercover or smth to keep the BB pirates 'in control', but however you look at it, even when being undercover, his current status is still a pirate.
HiroyuukiFeb 18, 2016 8:47 AM
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

31 by Pakumen- »»
Yesterday, 12:40 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1102 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mei-o_Scarlett - Dec 17, 2023

87 by Slimdudejim »»
Apr 21, 10:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 769 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Maerow - Nov 26, 2014

67 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 21, 6:47 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1069 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Dec 6, 2022

86 by Kakuneon »»
Apr 17, 11:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.