Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 2, 2011 9:29 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That girl came to visit Dalian again and bringing fake beard. lol~ so cute!

She prefers a bear doll instead of dangerous book...!!

The girl's jealousy is scary enough to kill a guy (Kakki?) just because she saw him with other girls, with that dangerous book. Fortunately he got revived by Huey and others after she gave it to Huey.

So I heard there will be 12 eps. for this anime.
tsubasaloverSep 2, 2011 6:21 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 2, 2011 11:39 AM

Nov 2008
More yangire women, Dalian is so cute reading next to the bear doll. I'm glad that man got revived he didn't deserve the nice boat just for talking casually to other women. Camilla in a beard is full of lolz.

Sep 2, 2011 1:25 PM

May 2011
funny ep. can't believe camilla started with a paper clip from huey and ended with the bear that dalian thought was the most cutest in that auction book =p. had my suspicions that camilla was planning on that when i heard about the phantom book she bought. that girl over thinks armand's actions when he's just having a normal chat with a girl or helping a girl up. good thing he got revived but funny how he rebounded by asking camilla out and saying big breasts are better rofl.
Sep 2, 2011 2:00 PM

Feb 2008
"even death can't cure idiocy"

true'er words have never been spoken ^^
Sep 2, 2011 3:11 PM
Oct 2010
Bleh... the episode was fun by itself, but when linked to the last one (where Fionna tragically died) it makes you wonder why the hell didn't they use the underworld book back then... I'm not dropping the series yet, but this was really disappointing.

... Maybe there were more conditions, but left unexplained is just as bad.
Rayyy said:
funny ep. can't believe camilla started with a paper clip from huey and ended with the bear that dalian thought was the most cutest in that auction book =p.
Actually, she started a paper clip from huey and ended with a bunch of oranges... the bear was exchanged for the book.

Well, guess in the end she obtained Dalian's friendship, that's probably worth more than a huge fortune, maybe Camile isn't as foolish as they think.
AjunkySep 2, 2011 3:30 PM
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Sep 2, 2011 4:21 PM

Jun 2011
Huey did not look very surprised when that guy's hand shot a bunch of flammable veins at Dalian and Camile.
Woah, Lianna is one envious woman. Although I don't think she deserved being tricked like that.
No Flam this episode either. ):
Sep 2, 2011 4:42 PM

May 2008
terramore said:

That is indeed True.
Sep 2, 2011 5:32 PM

Jul 2009
Ajunky said:
Bleh... the episode was fun by itself, but when linked to the last one (where Fionna tragically died) it makes you wonder why the hell didn't they use the underworld book back then...

I believe it was already explained that they prevented her death once when they were at her mansion. Therefore, her life could not be prolonged again.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Sep 2, 2011 5:49 PM

Jul 2010
lol Dalian looks so cute with that fake mustache.
Sep 2, 2011 6:23 PM

Aug 2008
Fake mustache was cute :)

First half was kind of meh, but at least the ending was cute. Second part was really trollish. I was really shocked that they just let the poor man die, but they revived him in the end, so all's good.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Sep 2, 2011 7:00 PM

Jun 2010
The fool and the idiot. That's what the episode was about.

Sep 2, 2011 7:13 PM

Aug 2010
Weird episode but comedy was present so I didn't mind.
Sep 2, 2011 7:22 PM

Jun 2008
jaja oh my god armand please learn your lesson already XD

I would love to see that two married XD jajaja they so weird they come along fine
Life is bittersweet can you live with that?
Sep 2, 2011 8:40 PM

Jan 2011
to that second half all i have to say is *EHHH??!*
Sep 2, 2011 9:42 PM

May 2009
arsonal said:
Ajunky said:
Bleh... the episode was fun by itself, but when linked to the last one (where Fionna tragically died) it makes you wonder why the hell didn't they use the underworld book back then...

I believe it was already explained that they prevented her death once when they were at her mansion. Therefore, her life could not be prolonged again.

That is indeed correct, you can't be revived twice through a "Phantom Book"

AHHHH!!!!! GIVE ME MORE DALIAN AND CAMILLA!
Sep 3, 2011 12:52 AM

Aug 2010
that was an entertaining double episode lawl the first part was kinda meh though, the quest to barter for a teddy bear ._.
this anime has a lot of uhh yandere women .__.; Armand x Camilla might actually make a decent pair (somewhat) but i cant believe Lianna believed Armand's death when his friends are all standing there watching his death LOL
....that book.....is dangerous for all guys if the book only believes what women feel LOL
Sep 3, 2011 2:40 AM

Feb 2011
Love this episode.

Dalian and CamillaXArmand loving this combination :D
Sep 3, 2011 2:59 AM
Oct 2010
iiSatou said:
arsonal said:
Ajunky said:

That is indeed correct, you can't be revived twice through a "Phantom Book"

AHHHH!!!!! GIVE ME MORE DALIAN AND CAMILLA!
I would think that saving her life and reviving her are different things, but seems like that's not the case. To me it's not that clear, I guess I'm stupid.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Sep 3, 2011 3:49 AM

May 2010
A relatively nice episode but don't u think that this show take death of other people ToO lightly?
Sep 3, 2011 7:02 AM

Aug 2011
LOOL!!!! That lady was.... CRAZY!!! never knew women could be that jealous :p

ahmed_great2005 said:
A relatively nice episode but don't u think that this show take death of other people ToO lightly?

yeah, but at least armand never actually died.... well he did, but he came back!! :p
Sep 3, 2011 9:12 AM

Oct 2009
next ep review says: reality is stranger than fiction huh... next time: book of TWILIGHT
guess I'm paranoid... xD
bruh
Sep 3, 2011 10:49 AM

May 2009
guyklc said:
Fake mustache was cute :)

First half was kind of meh, but at least the ending was cute. Second part was really trollish. I was really shocked that they just let the poor man die, but they revived him in the end, so all's good.

Haha, yeah they let Armand die. But all ends well cause it revoked their marriage and it also calmed that lady...err what was her name again?... something Scholes and he was also revived.
Sep 3, 2011 4:10 PM
Aug 2011
Lol I think they were talking about that guy who traded a red paperclip and eventually got himself a small house. http://oneredpaperclip.blogspot.com/ Kind of funny they would use that for a basis of a story.
Sep 3, 2011 7:31 PM

Nov 2010
I worried that Camilla should be involved in an incident judging from the serious conversation between Dalian and Hugh. But nothing happened at all.
Although Dalian usually has a pale complexion, Camilla found Dalian's face brightened up with joy at the end of her gaze, and Camilla's smiling face had Hugh smile. The happiness infects, probably, even to you.

Well, the oriental folktale mentioned in the episode is called "Warashibe Chouja (Straw Millionaire)". Since it is a popular Japanese folktale, you will be able to find English translations somewhere.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_Millionaire

By the way, "gate opening ceremony" wasn't appeared in this episode. Is this often the case?
Sep 3, 2011 11:25 PM
Nov 2009
Next episode is "Book of Twilight"

I hope that Disward is ready to gun down some lame shiny vampires.
Sep 3, 2011 11:37 PM

Sep 2010
This shit always either has no resolution or a very stupid one.
Sep 4, 2011 5:07 AM

Dec 2010
Wow. Almost every female antagonist in this anime are all crazy.
Sep 4, 2011 7:53 AM

Apr 2011
terramore said:

Funny. I heard the same quote in Angel Beats.

I laugh when Camilla put fake moustache in Dalian. It suits her! lol

Damn that was one jeakous woman! Her Jealousy rate is over the top.
I don't think he deserves it thought. He really loves her and he just had
a normal conversation with other women. It had me thinking that I should
be very careful not to date a over jealous girl as it could be very troublesome.

I though they let him die, and I was like, "WTF!?"
Until Huey mention of reviving him and he really came back to life.

Glad to know he's alive again as he can make a good comic-relief in the series.

and... "big breast are nice too" lolmao
MagitoSep 4, 2011 9:00 AM
Sep 4, 2011 1:20 PM

Jul 2009
Mamiko Noto is fine too.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Sep 4, 2011 4:50 PM

Sep 2008
I knew that Mamiko Noto was the best character in this anime!
Not only did she have a moustache, she got a teddy bear for Dalian!

I love how they chose to abuse the reviving thing though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2011 7:35 PM

Jan 2011
Just as a quick note, although they credited Mother Hecate with the revenge magick the first book was focusing on the hapless Armand, She was also deeply involved with the Eleusinian Mysteries--the subject of the book by which Armand was brought back to life.

I suspect the book of Twilight might not have as much to do with the current teen vampire flick as it will with either the Celtic twilight of the otherworld, or Norse Ragnarok.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 4, 2011 8:30 PM

Sep 2008
Dr_Smurph said:
Lol I think they were talking about that guy who traded a red paperclip and eventually got himself a small house. http://oneredpaperclip.blogspot.com/ Kind of funny they would use that for a basis of a story.

Exactly what I was thinking the whole time.
Sep 5, 2011 12:29 AM

Feb 2010
Meh. Another 2 part episode that was ok.

Next week intrigues me.. so we'll see.

But yeah, no sparkly vampires plz.
Sep 5, 2011 5:48 PM

May 2011
Camilla is awesome and she's just so sweet.

Whenever Armand appears, you can expect some idiotic but funny stuff to happen. Damn that Lianna sure does get jealous easy huh. Helping someone get up >.>? And she ends up burning the guy she loves because he talked to their maid. Haha

This was a good episode.
Sep 5, 2011 6:14 PM

Mar 2011
Quite entertaining, but when is the plot going to make an appearance?
Sep 6, 2011 1:58 PM

Apr 2011
Yeah, there is no overarching plot ... the protagonists just kinda wander around, meet interesting people, find a book, and someone dies. Maybe at some point Huey reaches into Dalian's DFC and pulls out a book. Then next week they repeat it all again.

I was raging at the characters for letting the poor guy die ... even though they brought him back once the crazy bitch left, he didn't deserve to be tortured by thorns and then burned to death. Death by fire is one of the most painful ways to go, even if you wind up perfectly restored and sitting on a couch within five minutes. It also bothered me that the crazy bitch was in no way punished for her actions; they didn't even take her Phantom Book away, she gave it willingly.

Are Japanese women known for being this psychotically jealous? I see the trope exploited a lot in 'comedy' too, and it aggravates me just as much. Wanting to kill/beat up your lover because he's *talking* to another girl? Those are some serious fuckin' issues ...
Sep 7, 2011 12:40 AM

Aug 2008
Aw Camilla is a sweet girl, going to such lengths to acquire a teddy bear for Dalian.

I was shocked when they allowed Armand to die. The girl must be blinded by jealousy, I mean doesn't she get suspicious when they gave him up so easily?
Sep 7, 2011 1:54 AM

May 2009
I would say that Armand is actually both a fool and an idiot. Can only take small doses of people like him.
Sep 11, 2011 2:52 PM

Aug 2008
OK, the Book of Equivalent Exchange episode was rather benign. And the Book of Relationship episode continued the trend of beautiful, yet deadly women created through Phantom Books. Overall, a rather weak episode. I have a feeling some would even call these episodes filler given how little progress was actually made.

Sep 12, 2011 12:06 AM

May 2010
Fool and Idiot are a perfect couple
Sep 12, 2011 2:22 PM

Apr 2009
Magito said:
I though they let him die, and I was like, "WTF!?"
Until Huey mention of reviving him and he really came back to life.

Same reaction here, those three were not even shocked when he burned to a crisp right in front of them. O_o

...and then they revived him just like that! The Elric brothers must be jealous of their resurrection "alchemy". LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Sep 13, 2011 9:12 PM

Oct 2010
This episode was quite funny but at the same time serious. Amogn the funny thigns is the following,

Dalian with a mustache! :D I laughed quite well indeed. Although she did not like it too much I did.

The other thing I loved is Camilla in the following,

her blush there was cute but she was much more cuter in that magician's costume. So we meet Armand again with a female problem in regards to Lianna Scholes.

I have in inquired into the R&D to bring this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hecate
Hecate exists however the book of Resurrection is nowhere to be found so I find that book questionable. Lianna is a very possessive woman and jealous a lot. Hecate was very similar. Coincidence? Why of course when you have a magical tome of hers. You tend to become her. In thee end I am just happy Armand got brought back because that was totally unfair indeed.

BTW Image Stitches are done in the spoiler
Lianna and Camilla are nicely done there.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 14, 2011 7:08 PM

May 2010
YESSSU!
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Sep 20, 2011 7:55 AM

Sep 2010
Dalian wearing that fake mustache was simply hilarious, that look of Dalian after Camilla did that was also golden.
The BGM when they were searching for Camilla was very good, it was a sort of a remixed version of the OP, but with some parts completely different.
The last part when Armand started talking about Camilla was also funny.
Maybe Dalian should start saying "No.", because only "Yes." is beginning to be boring and too predictable.
Oct 17, 2011 9:51 PM

Jul 2010
this might seem stupid, but couldnt they...talk it out? dont they say communication is key in a mariage? but than again, none of that shit is relevent when dealing with a yandere girl.
moral of the story: there is none, girls are freaking scary.

Oct 19, 2011 2:43 AM

Jun 2011
Liked the first part about Book of Equivalence, how by only trading a paper clip we can become a teddy bear =)

Armand died, never thought death is funny even in this series.
Dec 2, 2011 11:38 AM

Oct 2009
animelly said:
lol Dalian looks so cute with that fake mustache.

YEX said:
Fool and Idiot are a perfect couple

あらあら。。。
Apr 10, 2012 2:29 AM

May 2008
Talking to girls is dangerous. They burn you if you get too close. im going to tell that to my frens who want to talk to girls.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
May 12, 2012 2:46 PM

Apr 2008
PoisonMoon said:
Dr_Smurph said:

Exactly what I was thinking the whole time.

I came to this forum just to make sure that somebody else noticed that same detail hahaha
Aug 10, 2012 4:10 AM

Aug 2010
Wow, easily one of the best episodes of the show. It's better at being a comedy than a mystery show now that I think about it. They let go of the Fullmetal Alchemist book relatively easily, but that's my only problem with it. Although I must have made some weird faces when they let Armand burn to death. "Even death can't cure idiocy". 4/5.
Mogami-kunAug 10, 2012 4:17 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 30, 2011

107 by lushwang »»
Mar 29, 8:38 PM

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 12, 2011

72 by Bunille »»
Dec 20, 2023 12:32 PM

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 23, 2011

63 by removed-user »»
Oct 24, 2023 12:58 AM

» LN volume???

Ghefira - Aug 19, 2020

4 by Ghefira »»
Oct 23, 2023 3:41 AM

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MusashiRose - Aug 19, 2011

94 by HimeCrycho »»
Mar 21, 2023 11:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.