Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 1, 2011 10:49 PM

Jun 2008
If Shouma truly is dead, he should be given a certain hat, so we may ROCK OVER JAPAN TWICE AN EPISODE!!
Sep 2, 2011 12:01 AM

Nov 2007
If Shouma's really dead, that would just suck D: I'm glad he finally told Ringo what an crazy bitch she is. I feel bad for her having a shitty life yeah, but she took it way too far this episode.

I'm glad Kanba got some screentime too. Anyway, motorcycle person has got to be Natsume. I can't see it being Kanba at all.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Sep 2, 2011 12:02 AM

May 2010
Hang in there, Shouma! You said Hi to the birdies, but stay here on earth, please!

I LOVED the paper-cutout Western-style interlude....hilarious!
Sep 2, 2011 12:02 AM

May 2011
DAMNNNN
Crazy ep
Sep 2, 2011 12:12 AM

Jan 2011
That was quite an expisode. It's going to be a long week, but Shouma can't die....can he?
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 2, 2011 12:46 AM

Aug 2009
Awesome episode! Especially the end.
Liked how Shouma saved Ringo although she drugged her and he told her that her heart is completely black...
Hoping for a Shouma x Ringo ep next time! And of course he will survive (I believe).

Liked the western scene, too. It was somehow stupid but still very hilarious^^
Sep 2, 2011 1:12 AM

Apr 2011
Woah...just when I thought Ringo couldn't get any crazier...the whole drugging Tabuki thing...I...I don't know...

Looking forward to the next episode.
~Miss_Jazzalyn~
Sep 2, 2011 1:32 AM

Jul 2011
Woowww this episode was something else. Its about time Shouma called Ringo a crazy b*tch!!! Cant wait to see what happens next!!!
Sep 2, 2011 1:46 AM

Dec 2009
gloomheart said:
If Shouma truly is dead, he should be given a certain hat, so we may ROCK OVER JAPAN TWICE AN EPISODE!!

Yeah, was this the first episode where they didn't use that whole transformation scene? I missed it.

Good thing this show is 24 episodes long, even though I suspect the next few episodes will be just as, if not, more intense.
Sep 2, 2011 1:56 AM
Mar 2011
"Out of all the women i've met before, you're the worst (you heart is pitch black)!" That's a more accurate translation of Shouma's line. It impacted her not because she was called out for her craziness, but rather her selfishness.
Sep 2, 2011 2:03 AM

Jan 2011
Looks like we'll finally move away from Ringo a bit. I really want to see more about these other characters. Also it seems like 'fabulous max' is officially a sexual euphemism.
Sep 2, 2011 2:36 AM

Jun 2009
invazn said:
Yeah, was this the first episode where they didn't use that whole transformation scene? I missed it.

No, the third (or the fourth?) episode didn't have it...

Never saw no miracle of science, that didn't go from a blessing to a curse
Never saw no military solution, that didn't end up as something worse
Sep 2, 2011 2:57 AM

Aug 2009
Obviously Shouma is going to be alive somehow. This accident will be next stage for the relationship between Shouma and Ringo. I'm more curious on who stole half of the diary.
Sep 2, 2011 5:31 AM
Jun 2008
wow, his brother say he gonna steal it by force and he really done it.

Hope this won't end up like episode 1 where both Himari & Kanba almost kiss and then they just start another story without telling us what happen to the kiss scene =(
MorningGlorySep 2, 2011 5:38 AM
Sep 2, 2011 5:48 AM
Apr 2011
What a crazy bitch.
Sep 2, 2011 5:52 AM

Aug 2010
Ow god, I love this show. It just keeps surprising me.

Sep 2, 2011 6:20 AM

May 2008
Im surprised Shouma still had the energy to move after getting drugged like that and his facial expression already shown how tired he was . For once Ringo did something i cant blame her for hurray!

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 2, 2011 6:20 AM
Jul 2011
Brilliant episode and my favourite one so far, I must admit I slightly saw the drugging them coming, but still seeing Shouma passed out with his face in the food accompanied by his penguin was rather amusing, despite the seriousness of the situation.

My respect for Shouma has gone from 0 (because he was a punching bag) to off the scale, first he stops Ringo from raping Tabuki whilst partially drugged, and then puts Ringo in her place, his words seemed to hit home rather well.

Ringo's words were nothing more than a simple retaliation due to the stress she herself is under both to become Momoka and seeing her dad get a new family, seemingly forgetting her, this is probably why she hit out at the idea of a family and why she attacked Shouma's views in regards to his own family, the scene where Ringo's dad was basically gaining a new family in front of Ringo was surprisingly powerful, I too have been in the situation, granted I didn't particularly care about my dad so it's different.

The one who ripped the diary is Kanba or so I believe, the only reason is that he mentioned taking it by force earlier in the episode, still with only half the diary he is sure to come back for the second half.

What I find striking is that Ringo hesitated before picking up the diary thinking of Shouma's words as if they had actually sunk in and she was starting to believe them slightly, or maybe she was actually hurt by what he said, indicating some potentially stronger feelings that she hasn't recognised, still though she looked broken when the diary was ripped.

The scene afterwards was predictable, because there is no protagonist in a show that wouldn't push a girl out of the way of moving traffic, still though the expression Ringo made when she realised that Shouma saved her was kind of upsetting, it looked kind of like the eyes of someone whose just been broken, an expression seen in many animes (even more so in hentai manga)

I think there is more significance than mere affection and shock causing her to make that expression, perhaps something to do with Momoka, she may have experienced something similar or witnessed death before (Momoka) which would obviously make her panic.

In general if Shouma survives (which i'm guessing he will) Ringo's attitude towards him may change, not only that I think once Ringo snaps out of her depression which is bound to follow she'll be less crazy than before, especially since you could take the ripping of the diary to be severing the fate that was meant to be, thus her destiny to become Momoka was halted, or torn before she had a chance to achieve it.

Sky High - The True King of Heroes
Sep 2, 2011 6:28 AM

Aug 2011
just CRAZY episode!!! the ending was chaotic as hell, but brilliant!!
really can't wait for the next one!! XD
Sep 2, 2011 7:13 AM

Jun 2009
That was fabulous max just brilliant. Words can't describe impact this ep had on me.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Sep 2, 2011 7:29 AM

Feb 2009
RAEP!!
..almost. Tsk.
No Survival Strategy and Kanba is just getting less involved.
Still, great episode.
Sep 2, 2011 8:11 AM
Jul 2011
Wilio said:
Gah, can anyone tell me which fansub actually synced the second half correctly?

Go to animefansftw and they have the fixed version of nutbladder's sub
I like bubble teaaa~ Bubble tea for meee~
I'll have it for breakfast, I'll have it for tea, a little each day is a good recipee~
Sep 2, 2011 9:27 AM

May 2010
Shouma!
Sep 2, 2011 10:16 AM

Oct 2010
SkyHigh said:
Ringo's words were nothing more than a simple retaliation due to the stress she herself is under both to become Momoka and seeing her dad get a new family, seemingly forgetting her, this is probably why she hit out at the idea of a family and why she attacked Shouma's views in regards to his own family, the scene where Ringo's dad was basically gaining a new family in front of Ringo was surprisingly powerful, I too have been in the situation, granted I didn't particularly care about my dad so it's different.
Same here except me I don't give a fuck about the new family made and decided to stay by my father's side but I did think of one point of doing a shotgun family massacre but just thoughts really way back when all the shit started. Yet you can see that as how you should say Ringo may be especially with the anger present in the Western segment as in shooting with a gun Yuri and those 2 other ones in the spoiler
or did you forget that one?
SkyHigh said:
The scene afterwards was predictable, because there is no protagonist in a show that wouldn't push a girl out of the way of moving traffic, still though the expression Ringo made when she realised that Shouma saved her was kind of upsetting, it looked kind of like the eyes of someone whose just been broken, an expression seen in many animes (even more so in hentai manga)
I don't agree, I think her expression was something along of lines of "Oh shit he saved me? Me that is nothing worth to him?" Something like that in other words surprise beyond anything.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 2, 2011 10:17 AM

Aug 2008
Maidloid said:
CELTY WHY
+1

Such a...FABULOUS MAX-ey episode. Great storytelling, intriguing implications and overall I like the unpredictableness of the series. Ringo was wicked as ever but I love how she is kind of... logically crazy, if I would say so.

Shouma went flying, woah.
Sep 2, 2011 10:29 AM
Jul 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
SkyHigh said:
Same here except me I don't give a fuck about the new family made and decided to stay by my father's side but I did think of one point of doing a shotgun family massacre but just thoughts really way back when all the shit started. Yet you can see that as how you should say Ringo may be especially with the anger present in the Western segment as in shooting with a gun Yuri and those 2 other ones in the spoiler
or did you forget that one?
SkyHigh said:
I don't agree, I think her expression was something along of lines of "Oh shit he saved me? Me that is nothing worth to him?" Something like that in other words surprise beyond anything.

First answer, I forgot.

Secondly I think you are misunderstanding what I was saying is her expression is someone who is broken, it doesn't just refer to Shouma, it could be the culmination of many events such as her anger/sadness at her father and her new family, the fact that her fate may have been torn up (in reference to the diary) and the fact that someone may have just died for her, you could say it is also guilt, I don't think it's surprise, instead it's more like shock, I mean she had just said all those things to him making him angry at her and then he saves her, of course she is going to be shocked and also upset, perhaps even feel instant guilt and regret.

Sep 2, 2011 10:35 AM

Oct 2010
SkyHigh said:
Secondly I think you are misunderstanding what I was saying is her expression is someone who is broken, it doesn't just refer to Shouma, it could be the culmination of many events such as her anger/sadness at her father and her new family, the fact that her fate may have been torn up (in reference to the diary) and the fact that someone may have just died for her, you could say it is also guilt, I don't think it's surprise, instead it's more like shock, I mean she had just said all those things to him making him angry at her and then he saves her, of course she is going to be shocked and also upset, perhaps even feel instant guilt and regret.
Well SHOCK was part of the factoring among the others of her surprised state and yes she was still broken at that time indeed. Guilt? I did not see it in her that way yet.

I do believe that Shouma did knock some sense into her but I think his sacrifice is what made Ringo realize them. What do you think?

Sep 2, 2011 10:44 AM
Jul 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
SkyHigh said:
Well SHOCK was part of the factoring among the others of her surprised state and yes she was still broken at that time indeed. Guilt? I did not see it in her that way yet.

I do believe that Shouma did knock some sense into her but I think his sacrifice is what made Ringo realize them. What do you think?

I think I mention this slightly, in regards to knock some sense into her, by saying his words hit home and that this event will probably snap her out of her crazyness once she gets over some depression which will probably follow.

I believe Shouma's 'sacrifice' is what really drilled the message in, because before she probably was able to delude herself into thinking "this guy hates me, just trying to upset me, he's the crazy one" or how she may have reacted to his words originally, but once he proves that he doesn't hate her or at least proves that he wouldn't want harm to come to her regardless of how he feels towards her she wouldn't be able to deny his words, thus the sacrifice was necessary.

The reason I say guilt is just a theory, I believe there may be more than one reason why she is so obssessed with becoming Momoka, or why she would try to hard to become her, not just to re-unite her family, I think she may have accidently attributed towards her death or atleast she has made herself believe this, which would obviously mean that if she saw someone 'die' in front of her she would be overcome with grief, shock and guilt, of course this is just a theory.

There is sense in what your saying though and I understand what you're getting at, but I think there is something more, I mean sure someone would be surprised and shocked but those eyes looked strangely similar to the eyes I saw in a anime where someone died because of the character and they were overcome with grief/guilt, dont ask me for the anime I really cannot remember.

Sep 2, 2011 10:47 AM
May 2011
Poor Shouma ;_;.

The person who grabbed the book was probably one of 3 (or 4) people.
1.Natsume-san...my most likely guess.
2.Kanba- kinda is young x-x
3.The guy in the coat.
4.The pink haired guy...this might be hard to believe but It's about time he made an appearance =)
ban1o.jpg
Sep 2, 2011 10:55 AM

Oct 2010
SkyHigh said:
Yumekichi11 said:
SkyHigh said:

I think I mention this slightly, in regards to knock some sense into her, by saying his words hit home and that this event will probably snap her out of her crazyness once she gets over some depression which will probably follow.
I see, well we hope she does. We want this whole arc done soon.
SkyHigh said:
I believe Shouma's 'sacrifice' is what really drilled the message in, because before she probably was able to delude herself into thinking "this guy hates me, just trying to upset me, he's the crazy one" or how she may have reacted to his words originally, but once he proves that he doesn't hate her or at least proves that he wouldn't want harm to come to her regardless of how he feels towards her she wouldn't be able to deny his words, thus the sacrifice was necessary.
YES! I come back to reality due to her illusionary thinking being premordial in her actions. Indeed she always shut herself in in a disbelief system.
SkyHigh said:
The reason I say guilt is just a theory, I believe there may be more than one reason why she is so obssessed with becoming Momoka, or why she would try to hard to become her, not just to re-unite her family, I think she may have accidently attributed towards her death or at least she has made herself believe this, which would obviously mean that if she saw someone 'die' in front of her she would be overcome with grief, shock and guilt, of course this is just a theory.
Interesting so you theorizing that Ringo indeed saw her sister die in front her and had the same reaction of today as she had which means that a shift from Momoka towards Shouma may have a mental impact and change it? That would be good although I think that she should not forget Momoka. If she can be gone and be replaced by Shouma so much the better to dumb that shit ass teacher. TBH I love to insult him now because he screwed up Ringo's life! RAGE! Now I feel the built up! Because of that teacher and his involement he made Ringo into a crazy btich as some woudl say.

This has got to stop and this teacher out of the picture. I would have liked to have a double kill but it won't happen so I am hpong Natsume does something. Still that teacher screwed x days x life time. Making poor Ringo be so crazy of him to go under hishouse and all. *Shakes head*
SkyHigh said:
There is sense in what your saying though and I understand what you're getting at, but I think there is something more, I mean sure someone would be surprised and shocked but those eyes looked strangely similar to the eyes I saw in a anime where someone died because of the character and they were overcome with grief/guilt, don't ask me for the anime I really cannot remember.
I also get what your a saying and TBH am pleased to have started a discussion with you.

We hope that Ringo will become more normal and fuck the teacher. I am hoping for a lovely Shouma x Ringo in the future where Ringo may be an amazing ally for Shouma and his family. Having gone out of the teacher arc and learning the lessons from there. I possibly would love to have a twist where the teacher reveals that Ringo's sister was killed by him or Yuri and it's a plot! Ringo taking revenge on him and Yuri. Something like that would be fun to move up.

Sep 2, 2011 11:11 AM
Jul 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
SkyHigh said:
Yumekichi11 said:
SkyHigh said:

I see, well we hope she does. We want this whole arc done soon.
SkyHigh said:
YES! I come back to reality due to her illusionary thinking being premordial in her actions. Indeed she always shut herself in in a disbelief system.
SkyHigh said:
The reason I say guilt is just a theory, I believe there may be more than one reason why she is so obssessed with becoming Momoka, or why she would try to hard to become her, not just to re-unite her family, I think she may have accidently attributed towards her death or at least she has made herself believe this, which would obviously mean that if she saw someone 'die' in front of her she would be overcome with grief, shock and guilt, of course this is just a theory.
Interesting so you theorizing that Ringo indeed saw her sister die in front her and had the same reaction of today as she had which means that a shift from Momoka towards Shouma may have a mental impact and change it? That would be good although I think that she should not forget Momoka. If she can be gone and be replaced by Shouma so much the better to dumb that shit ass teacher. TBH I love to insult him now because he screwed up Ringo's life! RAGE! Now I feel the built up! Because of that teacher and his involement he made Ringo into a crazy btich as some woudl say.

This has got to stop and this teacher out of the picture. I would have liked to have a double kill but it won't happen so I am hpong Natsume does something. Still that teacher screwed x days x life time. Making poor Ringo be so crazy of him to go under hishouse and all. *Shakes head*
SkyHigh said:
There is sense in what your saying though and I understand what you're getting at, but I think there is something more, I mean sure someone would be surprised and shocked but those eyes looked strangely similar to the eyes I saw in a anime where someone died because of the character and they were overcome with grief/guilt, don't ask me for the anime I really cannot remember.
I also get what your a saying and TBH am pleased to have started a discussion with you.

We hope that Ringo will become more normal and fuck the teacher. I am hoping for a lovely Shouma x Ringo in the future where Ringo may be an amazing ally for Shouma and his family. Having gone out of the teacher arc and learning the lessons from there. I possibly would love to have a twist where the teacher reveals that Ringo's sister was killed by him or Yuri and it's a plot! Ringo taking revenge on him and Yuri. Something like that would be fun to move up.

To be honest Ringo didn't need to see Momoka die, but since Ringo seems to be the sort to slightly blame herself, and her obssessive attitude towards things and the fact she is prone to disbelief, all she needs to do is believe she attributed towards the death of Momoka, such as her actions caused an event that lead to her death, or her words caused something that made Momoka react and then perhaps of course this is unlikely HIT BY A CAR but I don't believe that scenario, what I was saying is I believe Death is something she may have seen, or at least believed she has caused, perhaps she witnessed her sister die in hospital, or saw a dead body, but either way she was able to make herself believe she was the blame in regards to her sisters death.

Another reason why she could believe this is the fact that her parents argued, and her name was brought up, which since she was so young could have influenced her into believing such things.

He didnt screw her life up actually, his situation only amplified what she wanted, which was to make everyone happy and thus become Momoka, her parents are to blame as well for arguing, also I don't think Tabuki really wanted Ringo to sleep under his house, I mean I don't think he is clincally insane or creepy.

I do think Ringo would be a good ally, because her personality shows strength and determination, I mean she is the only person to stand up to the ALMIGHTY HAT, I think that she would be a useful asset to them, I have also been wanting Shouma x Ringo from the start, ever since Shouma saw her walk past, because I thought this is probably the default pairing.

Nah I dont think Tabuki was involved in Momoka's death or caused it anyways, well not on purpose, because of his depression, but Yuri may have who knows, perhaps she has had stalker tendencies or obssessive tendencies for Tabuki for a long time, I mean remember her attitude shift in the park episode when it was just her and Ringo :P

Sep 2, 2011 11:11 AM

May 2009
This show! *.*

Ooh, Shouma, what a saint you be. A cool one, too.

Also, that was the second time, I think, that something happens right after Shouma accuses Kanba of having been doing nothing for Himari, giving him no time to answer. It had better be good, whatever it is.
Sep 2, 2011 11:24 AM

Feb 2008
When did Shouma called her a bitch?
I didn't watch this anime on subbed so don't know what it said there but that's totally wrong.
Must be an aweful subbers.

Yeah it's normal to feel guilty over someone trying to saved you.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 2, 2011 11:28 AM

Jan 2010
Shouldn't they just have called this anime "Yandere Ringo Panic!"
"Seize the time, Meribor - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard.
Sep 2, 2011 11:30 AM
Jul 2018
dbaranyi said:
Why were the stuffed animals under the bed, where was Tabuki, and what was he doing? I don't believe that he was deliberately setting up Ringo - I think that there is much more going on here.

I thought that was pretty suspicious too, with Ringo evaesdropping on him didn't she hear him call Yuri and leave? The OP and the craws symbolism might be hinting that there's more to Tabuki than meets the eyes.

Overall, another awesome episode. I enjoyed Ringo's wild west fantasy and the switch to old-school character design. Ringo's comment on the sibling's pretense to be a family and what Himari said after the ED raised a lot of questions. I also noticed that the biker took the second half of the diary, which might indicate that Momoka's diary is also important to Masako's group and it could be the Penguindrum.
Sep 2, 2011 12:21 PM

Aug 2009
RyuKirin said:
Poor Shouma ;_;.

The person who grabbed the book was probably one of 3 (or 4) people.
1.Natsume-san...my most likely guess.
2.Kanba- kinda is young x-x
3.The guy in the coat.
4.The pink haired guy...this might be hard to believe but It's about time he made an appearance =)

While I agree it's about time the pink-haired guy appeared, I find it very unlikely that the biker was him. He seems like a scheming/mastermind type not an action type. So I'd say your first guess - Natsume - is indeed the most likely based on the things that happened so far. Well, at least it appears to be female, as per the little detail in the following screenshot - breasts (at least as much as I can see).
metamorphiusSep 2, 2011 12:26 PM
Sep 2, 2011 12:24 PM
Jun 2008
^
its a she lol
Probably she(natsume) is getting it for Kanba or maybe she is trying to keep the diary away from him ,but the diary is torn into half T.T
could it be Himari? ...
MorningGlorySep 2, 2011 12:29 PM
Sep 2, 2011 12:25 PM

Nov 2008
The one who tore Ringo's dairy was not Kanba. The proof is underneath the spoiler.

EDIT: I was beaten. But yeah, the rider looked female. Going to keep my screenshot on here anyway because it's slightly larger, so it will be (slightly) easier to tell.

Also, I'm going to call this one now. Shouma will survive, but he will require a sex change operation in order to do so.
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Sep 2, 2011 12:28 PM
Jul 2011
FOE-tan said:
The one who tore Ringo's dairy was not Kanba. The proof is underneath the spoiler.

Also, I'm going to call this one now. Shouma will survive, but he will require a sex change operation in order to do so.

are you being serious, a sex change? why would a sex change save the life of someone hit by a freaking car? it's actually an intruiging theory and I wouldn't be massively against it I guess, but It's unrealstic and destroys Ringo x Shouma which is nooooooo.

Do you think this because of his androgynous features?

Sep 2, 2011 12:36 PM

Feb 2010
fabulous. max.
Sep 2, 2011 12:48 PM

Nov 2008
SkyHigh said:
FOE-tan said:

are you being serious, a sex change? why would a sex change save the life of someone hit by a freaking car? it's actually an intruiging theory and I wouldn't be massively against it I guess, but It's unrealstic and destroys Ringo x Shouma which is nooooooo.

This director has turned people into cars before.

Also, I don't think that Shouma becoming a girl would destroy Shouma x Ringo. You would realzie that if you watched Utena.

And what's realistic about Kanba clinging onto a truck with his bare hands for at least one full minute to get the penguin hat again? Or most of the other stuff (relationships aside) in this show, for that matter?

Anyway, I'm thinking that the crash may have damaged ...certain body parts of Shouma's beyond repair, hence the need for a sex change.
[
Sep 2, 2011 1:00 PM
Jul 2011
FOE-tan said:
SkyHigh said:
FOE-tan said:

This director has turned people into cars before.

Also, I don't think that Shouma becoming a girl would destroy Shouma x Ringo. You would realzie that if you watched Utena.

And what's realistic about Kanba clinging onto a truck with his bare hands for at least one full minute to get the penguin hat again? Or most of the other stuff (relationships aside) in this show, for that matter?

Anyway, I'm thinking that the crash may have damaged ...certain body parts of Shouma's beyond repair, hence the need for a sex change.

What male body parts can be damaged beyond repair and require a full body sex change? sure his dick and testicals may be crushed but it doesnt require a full body change.

What anime has someone turn into a car?

Yeah I guess about the Utena element but still, why would he turn into a girl what is there to gain from such a radical change? change in body will not change personality or attitude, unless female hormones are given to him and that wont kick in for a long time and won't cause much of a change.

And yeah I get that but there is a difference between getting a sex change for being hit by a car and a scene which was made clearly to show a tense situation.

though strangely enough I don't mind your theory.... lol

Sep 2, 2011 1:09 PM

Jun 2008
Lol Ringo is such an amusing crazy girl. Drugging the cake and planning a rape. Hahahaha! Maybe is because i can't take the anime seriously or don't care about that teacher guy but i find this incidents kind of funny.
Lot's of nice Ringo fanservice too.

Tragic ending there. Lets see if her feeling gratitude or even guild will resold in her noticing the guy that was by her side until now.
Sep 2, 2011 1:37 PM

Nov 2008
SkyHigh said:

What male body parts can be damaged beyond repair and require a full body sex change? sure his dick and testicals may be crushed but it doesnt require a full body change.

Yeah I guess about the Utena element but still, why would he turn into a girl what is there to gain from such a radical change? change in body will not change personality or attitude, unless female hormones are given to him and that wont kick in for a long time and won't cause much of a change.

And yeah I get that but there is a difference between getting a sex change for being hit by a car and a scene which was made clearly to show a tense situation.

The anime where he turns one of the characters into a car is the Utena movie, Adolescence Apocalypse.

The director has also cosplayed as Sailor Mars in the past, and this is a guy we are talking about. He's just really into gender-bending and that kind of thing, which one of the reasons I'm expecting some form of sex change. Not to mention about those two fictional characters in the ED and the resemblance that the two brothers have to them. Shouma (and later Kanba by extension) could end up in some live-action production as those characters, with them playing the main characters.
[
Sep 2, 2011 1:43 PM

Aug 2008
SkyHigh said:
I think there is more significance than mere affection and shock causing her to make that expression, perhaps something to do with Momoka, she may have experienced something similar or witnessed death before (Momoka) which would obviously make her panic.
I like this idea. May even be Momoka died saving her like this too.
Sep 2, 2011 1:59 PM
Jul 2011
FOE-tan said:
SkyHigh said:

The anime where he turns one of the characters into a car is the Utena movie, Adolescence Apocalypse.

The director has also cosplayed as Sailor Mars in the past, and this is a guy we are talking about. He's just really into gender-bending and that kind of thing, which one of the reasons I'm expecting some form of sex change. Not to mention about those two fictional characters in the ED and the resemblance that the two brothers have to them. Shouma (and later Kanba by extension) could end up in some live-action production as those characters, with them playing the main characters.

I will admit I am a fan of gender bender anime, but still I fail to see how it will enhance the plot, seriously there would be no change from what I've seen and who knows about the ED, but you do realise this is an anime, all the characters are fictional :P

Besides I still fail to see how a car incident would cause a sex change, but you are free to believe what you want, besides if this crack theory is true I doubt Kanba would also change, he's just too manly :P

Sep 2, 2011 2:22 PM

Nov 2008
SkyHigh said:
FOE-tan said:
SkyHigh said:

I will admit I am a fan of gender bender anime, but still I fail to see how it will enhance the plot, seriously there would be no change from what I've seen and who knows about the ED, but you do realise this is an anime, all the characters are fictional :P

Besides I still fail to see how a car incident would cause a sex change, but you are free to believe what you want, besides if this crack theory is true I doubt Kanba would also change, he's just too manly :P
Well, I never said that was actually going to happen, nor did I say that it would improve the anime. I am merely stating it as a possibility.

Besides, there are other ways to incorporate gender bender, with Shouma getting his own penguin hat and survival strategy transformation (or sharing Himari's) being one of those ways. That means he dies, of course, but is brought back to life by "The Princess of the Sapphire" or whatever they decide to call Shouma's penguin form if they go down that route.
[
Sep 2, 2011 2:35 PM
Jul 2011
FOE-tan said:
SkyHigh said:
FOE-tan said:
SkyHigh said:

Well, I never said that was actually going to happen, nor did I say that it would improve the anime. I am merely stating it as a possibility.

Besides, there are other ways to incorporate gender bender, with Shouma getting his own penguin hat and survival strategy transformation (or sharing Himari's) being one of those ways. That means he dies, of course, but is brought back to life by "The Princess of the Sapphire" or whatever they decide to call Shouma's penguin form if they go down that route.

Hmm okay.... btw have you checked the ED again, I think those other girls next to Himari may just be pallete swapped versions of herself with different hair accessories and styles.

Well if he did die it wouldn't be permanent, I mean I just don't see it, it's too early to kill him off if they planned it that way xD

Sep 2, 2011 3:14 PM
Mar 2011
shi just got real....anyone else missed the "survival strategy"?
"....i am the villain in this story"
Sep 2, 2011 4:03 PM

Feb 2011
amginex said:
shi just got real....anyone else missed the "survival strategy"?
noticed its absense at the end of the episode, after that i missed it a little :|

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

RainbowMagnet - Oct 13, 2011

218 by jumbosan »»
Apr 13, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Blackbird - Jul 14, 2011

176 by jumbosan »»
Apr 12, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jul 7, 2011

351 by jumbosan »»
Apr 12, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 22, 2011

544 by FarCritical »»
Mar 29, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 15, 2011

168 by FarCritical »»
Mar 27, 10:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.