Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2011 7:39 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Awesome chapter. Great art and Rikuo's new power makes him look even more amazing :D

P.S. Kana is shivering from anger because she couldn't find popcorn anywhere
Sep 1, 2011 12:12 AM

Jun 2011
At first, I look Raiden as a thorn looking guy with the hands he had (and the .. coughthornscough) and he looks tough. The second, ahaha Kana is shivering, take that lady! The world is scary and you just know it! .. (is shot)

The third, UOOO Rikuo wins my attention! The fourth after, ... Man, I dislike his new hairstyle. The fifth, ... lolwhut, Raiden looked like a pulp in the second glance.

The last,

.. Geez, I exaggerated my post.
alice3ifySep 1, 2011 12:18 AM
Sep 6, 2011 3:41 AM

Apr 2011
That was a fun chapter, lots of beautiful art. Though I'm not sure about Rikuo's hair, it's a bit creepy and Medusa-ish.
Sep 7, 2011 11:14 AM

Feb 2008
I'm overwhelmed. I really like Rikuo being a bad-ass. I really, really love it. That's all. *lost for words* (^_~)
KimRiParkSep 7, 2011 11:25 AM
Sep 7, 2011 12:57 PM
Aug 2009
theanarchy said:
The last,

Hahah, that's true, he looks more and more like grandpa-sama xD

Super-hilarious chapter ♥
Sep 7, 2011 1:10 PM

Jul 2008
Gotta love the art.
Sep 7, 2011 1:51 PM

Aug 2010
i must be the only one that thinks his hairstyle this time around is actually pretty cool (i just cant find anything great in that gravity defying hair of his)
aaaaanyways, i guess the saying that cockiness = instant defeat is true in all shonen genres lol raiden got owned big time
oh rikuo's smirk at the end was pretty awesome
Sep 7, 2011 2:49 PM

Mar 2010
HiyuuT said:
i must be the only one that thinks his hairstyle this time around is actually pretty cool (i just cant find anything great in that gravity defying hair of his)
aaaaanyways, i guess the saying that cockiness = instant defeat is true in all shonen genres lol raiden got owned big time
oh rikuo's smirk at the end was pretty awesome

I didn't like part of anti-gravity hair of Rikuo and thinks that the new one is pretty cool but I dn't like long haired guys so I'm confused.
I don't like hs cockiness because when he's defeated he looks really pitiful, but he's really badass ♥

I hope it's not Matoi or anything.
Sorry for my English ^^' If you notice any mistakes, please tell me about it ^^ Thanks for corrections ^^
Sep 7, 2011 6:09 PM

Feb 2008
StripFeeling said:
HiyuuT said:

For sure, it's not Matoi, since he didn't ask for Tsurara's Fear. I guess it's Rikuo's "own" Fear. He's first Fear was his Grandfather's Meikyou Shisui and Kyoka Suigetsu. The second is his Father's Matoi. So, it's most probably, the one that Rikuo used in this chapter is his own Fear that he developed a couple of months ago. And maybe this new Fear is only executable by a 3/4 human and 1/4 yokai like Matoi, which is only possible by a half yokai and half human.
Sep 7, 2011 8:42 PM

May 2010
Awesome Rikuo got some new and powerful technique !
Sep 8, 2011 2:23 AM

Feb 2010
i like his new hairstyle^^
Sep 8, 2011 3:17 AM

Oct 2008
bskbob said:
i like his new hairstyle^^
Me too! ^__^
It's like he's gone super saiyan 2 and it's gotten a little longer. XD
Do you think we're maybe going to have a flashback of Rikuo training now?
Sep 8, 2011 3:44 AM

Jul 2008
kimchuy said:
StripFeeling said:
HiyuuT said:

For sure, it's not Matoi, since he didn't ask for Tsurara's Fear. I guess it's Rikuo's "own" Fear. He's first Fear was his Grandfather's Meikyou Shisui and Kyoka Suigetsu. The second is his Father's Matoi. So, it's most probably, the one that Rikuo used in this chapter is his own Fear that he developed a couple of months ago. And maybe this new Fear is only executable by a 3/4 human and 1/4 yokai like Matoi, which is only possible by a half yokai and half human.

Or maybe it is matoi but he is wearing his own fear instead of someone's else.

I still beleive that he'll perfect Matoi so that he can extend the range of who he can do it with. Because he is more human than is father it might be possible that he might be able to Matoi with human like Yura in the end

Because yeah Nura wearing Yura against the nue would be cool.
Sep 8, 2011 3:47 AM

Jul 2008
You can't Matoi with a human. Humans are material beings, not magical immaterial spirits that can posses.
The only fusions with Yura available are either him Matoing with her Shikigami or her using his Fear to strengthen her techniques.
Sep 8, 2011 4:03 AM

Jul 2008
Nayrael said:
You can't Matoi with a human. Humans are material beings, not magical immaterial spirits that can posses.
The only fusions with Yura available are either him Matoing with her Shikigami or her using his Fear to strengthen her techniques.

Since a while ago there was some similarity shown between onmyouji and youkai, especially at the source of their power being similar.
You can't throw real physic in this manga, Yuka has been shown to kind of fuse with her shikigami since about the start of the manga. (water gun mode)
Yura also have been shown to scare some youkai with pure sheer fear just before the battle against Kitsune.

It's kind of a general rule in shonen that if the main character's father did something then the main character will surpass him in the end.

Also there has been this concept of needing both Rikuo and Nura to defeat the Nue. I think that from there it isn't too much streched to say that Rikuo will 'matoi' or use a further developed matoi-like technique to wear Yura which would result in a Rikuo being able to use Hagun to fight the last boss.
Sep 8, 2011 4:38 AM

Feb 2008
Hypno-girl said:

Or maybe it is matoi but he is wearing his own fear instead of someone's else.

Well, I really don't think so. Matoi is the accumulation of "Fear" transferred from a Hyakki Yakō to its leader. It is only possible for a leader of part human part yōkai heritage, and it works by layering the fear of one's underlings on top of one's own. So basically, Rikou can't wear his own fear, since he is the leader not the underling.

Hypno-girl said:

I still beleive that he'll perfect Matoi so that he can extend the range of who he can do it with. Because he is more human than is father it might be possible that he might be able to Matoi with human like Yura in the end.

Yeah, I like the possibility that Rikuo could use Matoi to a human (onmyouji). But, in the case that he'll perfect Matoi...hmmm, I think Matoi is perfect as it is. However, for Rikuo, his Matoi is not really that strong compared to his father, since as what I mentioned above, Matoi is only possible to a half human, half yokai and Rikuo is not.

It's more probable that Rikuo had developed his own version of Matoi-like technique or it's his own different "Fear" that only a 3/4 human, 1/4 yokai can execute.
Sep 8, 2011 6:11 AM

Jan 2010
*skips reading the whole matoi-yura-nue-whatever-part*

Well there were no news to the whereabouts of the other
& Rikous fight was over in a rush...well it's not as if I'd wish for an endless fight but this one was over pretty fast.
Sep 8, 2011 8:39 AM

Feb 2008
RainyYesterday said:

...well it's not as if I'd wish for an endless fight but this one was over pretty fast.

I think it's because NuraNoMago has been at the bottom 5 (lately) in Jump's rankings. So I guess Shiibashi-sensei is making the story faster than usual and give the readers (mainly Japanese) some cool action scenes and not so boring chapters to catch their attention and vote for the manga.
Sep 8, 2011 2:09 PM

Jul 2008
Hypno-girl said:
You can't throw real physic in this manga, Yuka has been shown to kind of fuse with her shikigami since about the start of the manga. (water gun mode)

The Shikigami is added onto her. She does not lose her own physical form or anything.
And yes, I can throw real physics in the Manga. Hiroshi is not of those authors who don't give a shit about stuff making sense. Neither did he create Fear mechanics (which are even more explained in Tankobon's) for the lulz.

kimchuy said:
I think it's because NuraNoMago has been at the bottom 5 (lately) in Jump's rankings. So I guess Shiibashi-sensei is making the story faster than usual and give the readers (mainly Japanese) some cool action scenes and not so boring chapters to catch their attention and vote for the manga.

Hiroshi's fights are always short actually ^_^; (unless it is arc's final battle).
Sep 8, 2011 6:05 PM

Jul 2008
Nayrael said:
Hypno-girl said:

The Shikigami is added onto her. She does not lose her own physical form or anything.
And yes, I can throw real physics in the Manga. Hiroshi is not of those authors who don't give a shit about stuff making sense. Neither did he create Fear mechanics (which are even more explained in Tankobon's) for the lulz.

kimchuy said:

Hiroshi's fights are always short actually ^_^; (unless it is arc's final battle).

Making sense =/= follow irl physic.
So far we have been introduced with many things that defy our own physic so basing yourself on that for your argument seem weak.

As far as I know, matoi was a technique that only Rihan could use, the theory about wearing someone's fear like Rihan did was most probably not introduced in this world until he actually did it.
Now it's Rikuo's time to develop his own techniques, still going by the shounen tradition he'll take his father technique (matoi) and further upgrade it.

Youkai are material being, just like human and onmyouji are. As far as I read it, it was only said that Matoi could be used to wear other youkai's fear (And i'm not even sure wether it said that it could or that it was limited to that which is a big difference). Also I am talking about an upgraded version of matoi and giving how Hiroshi gave some hint a while ago as that onmyouji and youkai have a very similar source of power it wouldn't be streched if Nura could wear Yura's fear.

If you think it does not make sense then explain why with that fear mechanic of yours.
Sep 10, 2011 6:13 PM

Nov 2009
I think the art was pretty amazing in this chapter, and he was bad ass enough that i can't complain. It was also a legitimate 6 months - i had forgot and was wondering where he pulled this out of butt for a moment.
Sep 11, 2011 3:37 PM

Jul 2008
"Hypno-girl" said:
So far we have been introduced with many things that defy our own physic so basing yourself on that for your argument seem weak.

On other hand,"This is not reality, so any kind of BS can happen :P" is also a weak argument.

As far as I know, matoi was a technique that only Rihan could use, the theory about wearing someone's fear like Rihan did was most probably not introduced in this world until he actually did it.

Rihan's Flashback: Matoi is a technique that lets a Youkai possess the human part of you thus adding his Fear to yours. In fancy words, that is called wearing someone's fear.

Youkai are material being, just like human and onmyouji are.

It has been confirmed in Tankobon Extra's that Youkai are made of Fear to the point that the ONLY way for a Youkai to die is to lose too much Fear (injuries reduce it but a youkai with a very strong Fear can survive injuries fatal for humans (example: Nurarihyon losing his heart)). And sinec they are not material, they can enter a human body and possess it.
Material form seems to just be cerated by Fear so they could interact with the world around them. The fact that their bodies disappear soon after their death supports the fact that it is Fear that gives them material form.

What exactly is human and Onmyouji's connection to Fear has not been revealed yet. We know that humans are source of Fear for Youkai (like how plants and animals are food for humans) which they collect either directly by terrorizing or indirectly through Land gods. Their beliefs are necessary for HM's Youkai Creation tough so all humans are connected to it in some way.
However, humans are material, just like real humans are. At best, their souls are fear (in certain mythologies, spirits and demons are actually souls so it would not be a surprise).

Onmyouji... I agree that it seems they use Fear somehow (Yura's outburst is definitely Fear and I don't think it is a coincidence that a half-youkai Abe no Seimei became a legendary Onmyouji). Thats why I am not opposed to Yura just being connected to Rikuo's techniques: it is obvious they use Fear (tough how is unknown). That is why I am not opposed to them fusing their techniques.
But they are still classified as humans, not Youkai so there are certain limits of what I believe can happen around them. Yura fusing herself with Rikuo makes as much sense as him fusing with a volcano IMO. Taking Yura's soul out of her body could work I guess.
Sep 22, 2011 4:23 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
one: youkai are originally non-material beings depending on their types. Stronger youkai or "youkai" that have descended from human lineage have material bodies like humans.

So, we reached the next level of Super Saiyan?
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 6, 2021 3:40 PM

Feb 2018
Okay.. Rikuo's new form is badass!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Which girl will most likely end up with Rikuo? ( 1 2 3 )

Scrypt - Jun 23, 2010

105 by kengil10 »»
Jun 2, 2022 7:12 PM

» Bonus Stories Discussion

TitanInsane - Sep 20, 2021

0 by TitanInsane »»
Sep 20, 2021 8:47 PM

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago Chapter 210 Discussion

Diana_Williams - Nov 19, 2012

32 by TitanInsane »»
Sep 20, 2021 9:48 AM

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago Chapter 209 Discussion

Nayrael - Oct 6, 2012

12 by Kap92 »»
Jun 6, 2021 4:01 PM

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago Chapter 208 Discussion

Nayrael - Sep 25, 2012

25 by Kap92 »»
Jun 6, 2021 4:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.