MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Steins;Gate »» Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion

Pages (31) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

1046 94.66%
4 out of 5: Liked it

38 3.44%
3 out of 5: It was OK

6 0.54%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

6 0.54%
1 out of 5: Hated it

9 0.81%
Voters: 1105

08-30-11, 11:50 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So, yeah, I'm pretty much in tears.

Okabe...Kurisu....

But, I'm kinda disappointed he didn't break down like he did in the VN; Mayuri tells him he can cry, and...he does XD
Modified by LadyOrihime, 08-30-11, 11:57 AM

08-30-11, 11:59 AM

OMG...nooo Kurisu!!! Luckily they managed to get a kiss in though. Kurisu's VA is extremely talented and this episode proves it. Shit, this was a fucking sad episode for us Kurisu fans.

She managed to do one more mad scientist laugh... T___T What was she saying right before the world lines switched?

World line went over 1%...Mayuri is safe..but then...
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE

08-30-11, 12:03 PM

There is no denying that my favorite part is the following,

While clearly having past the 1% line is all that mattered to me in securing Mayuri’s life, I can I am damn happy while the God of Saturn reference here sure gives away the vibes of him being satisfied that the wrongs have been all corrected IMO. While it was refreshing to see Mayuri’s face in the spoiler
That totally gave off the feeling “It’s over Okabe, I am OK” I loved that.

About Okabe x Makise, this being a farewell episode to Makise then I cannot therefore ignore this and should comment on it. First of all it may not appear much but I am glad for the following,

That slap really woke up Okabe and damn glad Makise got guts to do on Okabe. While I did like the fan service of Makise in the spoiler
for it showed her breasts better and figure. From the start Makise’s face here was so serious in thinking while I found it quite interesting that they made a rain droplet drop exactly on the tip of Makise’s nose here. In fact I found that rather strange but Okabe was strange too not trying to peek around. While I laughed at his averting eyes while he denies of liking her body. I liked his proclaiming pose here and of course at that time a nice Makise blush here was great. While for some reasons Makise’s face looks soothing here and of course Okabe was hilarious when Makise threw on him his coat. While I loved the depth things went around when Makise /Okabe are seen here going down towards the incident’s place and Makise’s serious face here proved she is thinking hard about it while Okabe’s serious face here shows he is opposed to Makise’s thinking in thee end rather seriously. It was interesting that they used a scroll of Makise while inserting here and there fragments of how the ED looks with the glass shards and hourglass. While Makise crying in the spoiler
was most likely depressive for many Makise fans.

Loved the way they directed Makise’s face here as she pushes Okabe into leaving her but Okabe’s face was wonderfully serious once again in rejecting the offer of Makise. While I found him running and with the headphones in the spoiler
to be pretty cool poses IMO. While Makise here drenched in the rain was nice for a pose. I swear those Makise flashbacks left a sour taste here on me but that
slap seen from afar here with Okabe was by far very refreshing and Makise’s face here was nice again. While that part of the hug in the spoiler
was very emotional as well as memorable for one due to Makise’s face here. I was very nice to see how Makise’s view of the world lines is here and I have to agree with her thinking of we can be many at different times and thus possible copies of ourselves or past/future selves. Makise’s second blushed face here is the best! Really adorable! The kissing scene in the spoiler
was great for many fans of Makise. I am sure of that one but I was thinking for a moment that they were going to pull something on us by having these shoes lying around here. Like something along the lines of sex.

Aftermath of all this,
  • Well Makise goes back to USA apparently from the spoiler
    while I find that her sudden disappearance was quite alarming at first. I mean how did she vanish so fast suddenly.

• While the thread color that Makise used to fix Okabe’s coat in the spoiler
    does confirm it to be pink.

• What impressed me is in the spoiler
    Makise in fact comes back at the last minute after the enter button was pressed which means it’s too late for her but was good about that scene is that she did all of that to confess her love in words and confirm back in words Okabe’s feelings. Now that is amazing indeed.
About thee end, we have Suzuha calling Okabe in the spoiler
her knowing who her father is having been unaffected by any D-mail and tells of preventing WW3. Now that is freaking insane! That is crazy! What will Okabe do with Makise gone and no one knowing her while Suzuha knows Okabe. I wonder but certainly 2 episodes left does bring out the adrenaline.

BTW Images Stitches in the spoiler
there is one of Okabe x Makise hugging that is really nice!
Modified by Yumekichi11, 08-30-11, 7:06 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!

08-30-11, 12:03 PM

LOVED IT!

Oh god, that kiss reminded me a bit of Toradora.

Great way to end the episode with a little segway into the final conflict. Stopping WWIII? He's got this.
"If you're not prepared to be wrong, you'll never come up with anything original." - Sir Ken Robinson

08-30-11, 12:17 PM

THEY KISSED!!! Thank god! I cried ;_;
WWIII? So, my speculation was right o.O
Gimme the next epi now!!!
“See the good in that which is evil, and the evil in that which is good.
Pledge yourself to neither side, but vow instead to preserve the balance that exists between the two.”
― Hayao Miyazaki

08-30-11, 12:22 PM

Wow, what a very epic episode.

08-30-11, 12:22 PM

In my perverted head, they slept together

I was hoping they were going to follow the VN, with a call coming in during the credits, and they did it! Whoo hoo!

"Otosan?!" - Daru (love you!)

2 more episodes, bitch! Next one is going to be epic, guys!
Modified by LadyOrihime, 08-30-11, 12:28 PM

08-30-11, 12:24 PM

Epic episode. I couldn't help but shed a tear. The WWIII came as no surprise, because Mayuri is now alive it doesn't mean SERN/CERN will fail in making a time machine.
Modified by Cilph, 08-30-11, 12:32 PM

08-30-11, 12:31 PM

DAMNIT!! That was awesome! O_O but... now i have to wait a WHOLE WEEK for the next episode. :( i wish i had that time machine microwave right now so i could go a week in the future.

08-30-11, 12:35 PM

Dear God... This anime is incredible. All the new episodes lately have been making me cry, and I hardly ever cry for anime. Man... I don't know what else to say... XD
Kurisu and Okabe are one of my new fave anime couples. =P

08-30-11, 12:35 PM

Oh god, this episode was powerful.

5/5

08-30-11, 12:36 PM

Discussing Einstein while making out...My geek senses sure tingled from that.

08-30-11, 12:40 PM

Yumekichi11 said:
webkid94 said:
Yeah Holy shit! WTF is going on? I am not familiar with this from the VN. Suzuha? Really? I though she was long gone.

It actually happens as the VN credits are rolling, following the "Melt / Cause and Effect" chapter. After Suzuha calls and basically the same conversation between the three happens, then the credits re-wind, we see flashes of all the people who suffered from the d-mails until the screen goes white, and Okabe is...somewhere ;)
Modified by LadyOrihime, 08-30-11, 12:43 PM

NNNG. That was amazing! That kiss was absolutely perfect! Gosh, I love this show so much.
Oh damn, son, WWIII?
Can't believe only 2 episodes are left...

FUCK. MY EMOTIONS.

5/5

:'(

Kurisu ;_;

08-30-11, 12:41 PM

aww this episode was very sad
im still crying lol
Kurisu and Okabe are my favorite couple

08-30-11, 12:46 PM

Great episode, really sad about Kurisu. ;_;

Two episodes left to stop WWIII and (hopefully) find a way to save Kurisu.

08-30-11, 12:46 PM

...that was awful -_- the kiss and romance just ruined this whole episode. All I found good was the end.
ban1o.jpg

08-30-11, 12:47 PM

Kurisu's gone... but the mindf**k is NOT OVER YET!!! Two episodes left and what Suzuha tells him at the end is going to change minds forever in this series!!! (No, not really)

WE ARE NOT DONE YET. :D

Anyways, Okarin shares his final moment with Kurisu. What a sad ending.

Pages (31) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices