Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 30, 2011 11:50 AM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So, yeah, I'm pretty much in tears.

Okabe...Kurisu....

But, I'm kinda disappointed he didn't break down like he did in the VN; Mayuri tells him he can cry, and...he does XD
LadyOrihimeAug 30, 2011 11:57 AM
Aug 30, 2011 11:59 AM

Apr 2008
OMG...nooo Kurisu!!! Luckily they managed to get a kiss in though. Kurisu's VA is extremely talented and this episode proves it. Shit, this was a fucking sad episode for us Kurisu fans.

She managed to do one more mad scientist laugh... T___T What was she saying right before the world lines switched?

World line went over 1%...Mayuri is safe..but then...
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Aug 30, 2011 12:03 PM

Oct 2010
There is no denying that my favorite part is the following,

While clearly having past the 1% line is all that mattered to me in securing Mayuri’s life, I can I am damn happy while the God of Saturn reference here sure gives away the vibes of him being satisfied that the wrongs have been all corrected IMO. While it was refreshing to see Mayuri’s face in the spoiler
That totally gave off the feeling “It’s over Okabe, I am OK” I loved that.

About Okabe x Makise, this being a farewell episode to Makise then I cannot therefore ignore this and should comment on it. First of all it may not appear much but I am glad for the following,

That slap really woke up Okabe and damn glad Makise got guts to do on Okabe. While I did like the fan service of Makise in the spoiler
for it showed her breasts better and figure. From the start Makise’s face here was so serious in thinking while I found it quite interesting that they made a rain droplet drop exactly on the tip of Makise’s nose here. In fact I found that rather strange but Okabe was strange too not trying to peek around. While I laughed at his averting eyes while he denies of liking her body. I liked his proclaiming pose here and of course at that time a nice Makise blush here was great. While for some reasons Makise’s face looks soothing here and of course Okabe was hilarious when Makise threw on him his coat. While I loved the depth things went around when Makise /Okabe are seen here going down towards the incident’s place and Makise’s serious face here proved she is thinking hard about it while Okabe’s serious face here shows he is opposed to Makise’s thinking in thee end rather seriously. It was interesting that they used a scroll of Makise while inserting here and there fragments of how the ED looks with the glass shards and hourglass. While Makise crying in the spoiler
was most likely depressive for many Makise fans.

Loved the way they directed Makise’s face here as she pushes Okabe into leaving her but Okabe’s face was wonderfully serious once again in rejecting the offer of Makise. While I found him running and with the headphones in the spoiler
to be pretty cool poses IMO. While Makise here drenched in the rain was nice for a pose. I swear those Makise flashbacks left a sour taste here on me but that
slap seen from afar here with Okabe was by far very refreshing and Makise’s face here was nice again. While that part of the hug in the spoiler
was very emotional as well as memorable for one due to Makise’s face here. I was very nice to see how Makise’s view of the world lines is here and I have to agree with her thinking of we can be many at different times and thus possible copies of ourselves or past/future selves. Makise’s second blushed face here is the best! Really adorable! The kissing scene in the spoiler
was great for many fans of Makise. I am sure of that one but I was thinking for a moment that they were going to pull something on us by having these shoes lying around here. Like something along the lines of sex.

Aftermath of all this,
  • Well Makise goes back to USA apparently from the spoiler
    while I find that her sudden disappearance was quite alarming at first. I mean how did she vanish so fast suddenly.

• While the thread color that Makise used to fix Okabe’s coat in the spoiler
    does confirm it to be pink.

• What impressed me is in the spoiler
    Makise in fact comes back at the last minute after the enter button was pressed which means it’s too late for her but was good about that scene is that she did all of that to confess her love in words and confirm back in words Okabe’s feelings. Now that is amazing indeed.
About thee end, we have Suzuha calling Okabe in the spoiler
her knowing who her father is having been unaffected by any D-mail and tells of preventing WW3. Now that is freaking insane! That is crazy! What will Okabe do with Makise gone and no one knowing her while Suzuha knows Okabe. I wonder but certainly 2 episodes left does bring out the adrenaline.

BTW Images Stitches in the spoiler
there is one of Okabe x Makise hugging that is really nice!
Yumekichi11Aug 30, 2011 7:06 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 30, 2011 12:03 PM

Apr 2011
LOVED IT!

Oh god, that kiss reminded me a bit of Toradora.

Great way to end the episode with a little segway into the final conflict. Stopping WWIII? He's got this.
"If you're not prepared to be wrong, you'll never come up with anything original." - Sir Ken Robinson
Aug 30, 2011 12:17 PM

Nov 2009
THEY KISSED!!! Thank god! I cried ;_;
WWIII? So, my speculation was right o.O
Gimme the next epi now!!!
Aug 30, 2011 12:22 PM

Jan 2008
Wow, what a very epic episode.

Aug 30, 2011 12:22 PM

Jan 2009
In my perverted head, they slept together

I was hoping they were going to follow the VN, with a call coming in during the credits, and they did it! Whoo hoo!

"Otosan?!" - Daru (love you!)

2 more episodes, bitch! Next one is going to be epic, guys!
LadyOrihimeAug 30, 2011 12:28 PM
Aug 30, 2011 12:24 PM
Aug 2011
Epic episode. I couldn't help but shed a tear. The WWIII came as no surprise, because Mayuri is now alive it doesn't mean SERN/CERN will fail in making a time machine.
CilphAug 30, 2011 12:32 PM
Aug 30, 2011 12:31 PM

May 2011
DAMNIT!! That was awesome! O_O but... now i have to wait a WHOLE WEEK for the next episode. :( i wish i had that time machine microwave right now so i could go a week in the future.
Aug 30, 2011 12:35 PM

May 2010
Dear God... This anime is incredible. All the new episodes lately have been making me cry, and I hardly ever cry for anime. Man... I don't know what else to say... XD
Kurisu and Okabe are one of my new fave anime couples. =P
Aug 30, 2011 12:35 PM

Apr 2010
Oh god, this episode was powerful.

5/5
Aug 30, 2011 12:36 PM
Aug 2011
Discussing Einstein while making out...My geek senses sure tingled from that.
Aug 30, 2011 12:40 PM

Jan 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
webkid94 said:
Yeah Holy shit! WTF is going on? I am not familiar with this from the VN. Suzuha? Really? I though she was long gone.

It actually happens as the VN credits are rolling, following the "Melt / Cause and Effect" chapter. After Suzuha calls and basically the same conversation between the three happens, then the credits re-wind, we see flashes of all the people who suffered from the d-mails until the screen goes white, and Okabe is...somewhere ;)
LadyOrihimeAug 30, 2011 12:43 PM

Jun 2011
NNNG. That was amazing! That kiss was absolutely perfect! Gosh, I love this show so much.
Oh damn, son, WWIII?
Can't believe only 2 episodes are left...

Aug 2010
FUCK. MY EMOTIONS.

5/5

:'(
Apr 2011
Kurisu ;_;
Aug 30, 2011 12:41 PM

Jan 2010
aww this episode was very sad
im still crying lol
Kurisu and Okabe are my favorite couple
"Do you have any idea how stupid we are? Don't underestimate us!"
-Gintama
Aug 30, 2011 12:46 PM
Aug 2010
Great episode, really sad about Kurisu. ;_;

Two episodes left to stop WWIII and (hopefully) find a way to save Kurisu.
Aug 30, 2011 12:46 PM
May 2011
...that was awful -_- the kiss and romance just ruined this whole episode. All I found good was the end.
ban1o.jpg
Aug 30, 2011 12:47 PM

Oct 2009
Kurisu's gone... but the mindf**k is NOT OVER YET!!! Two episodes left and what Suzuha tells him at the end is going to change minds forever in this series!!! (No, not really)

WE ARE NOT DONE YET. :D

Anyways, Okarin shares his final moment with Kurisu. What a sad ending.

Aug 30, 2011 12:48 PM

Apr 2008
RyuKirin said:
...that was awful -_- the kiss and romance just ruined this whole episode. All I found good was the end.

No. The kiss and the romance WAS the episode (though the end definitely counts as WTF), especially for building up Kurisu's character. Normally i hate any kind of romance in shows like S;G, but they do it perfectly here.

I may be a Kurisu fan, i wasn't crying at all this episode but i got pretty choked up. If this show isn't averaging an 8.7 or 1,500 favorites by the end of its run, i will rage.
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Aug 30, 2011 12:53 PM
Aug 2010
RyuKirin said:

The romance was what made this episode so good (and part of what makes the anime so great). It's just a strong enough presence in the anime that it makes you care more for the characters (especially in the Mayuri-Kurisu 1% barrier), but not too strong that it takes over the anime and detracts from the rest.
Aug 30, 2011 12:54 PM
Aug 2010
2 more to go ...The next 2 epsioed will be epic Save the world from WW3 WOW.

CAN't WAIT
Aug 30, 2011 12:55 PM

Jan 2010
WOW... This is the best anime I've seen in years... 11/10.

ALSO... IF YOU STOPPED WATCHING THE EPISODE WHEN THE CREDITS STARTED ROLLING, GO BACK AND WATCH IT ALL THE WAY THROUGH. YOU HAVE TO!
"Seize the time, Meribor - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard.
Aug 30, 2011 12:58 PM

Nov 2009
Archie74, haha, i was about to stop it but i decided to hear the song and then i heard some noise... I thought it was from the video file, lol.

The next one will be a storm.
Aug 30, 2011 1:04 PM
Aug 2011
Archie74 said:
WOW... This is the best anime I've seen in years... 11/10.

ALSO... IF YOU STOPPED WATCHING THE EPISODE WHEN THE CREDITS STARTED ROLLING, GO BACK AND WATCH IT ALL THE WAY THROUGH. YOU HAVE TO!

+1
Aug 30, 2011 1:05 PM
Aug 2011
ryukurin your a vagina cleaner...
Aug 30, 2011 1:06 PM

Jul 2009
Awesome episode!
There is definitely the feeling of a nearing conclusion.
OMG Worldwar III...

Aug 30, 2011 1:07 PM
Aug 2011
I want to have sex with someone who talks about time travel and relativity theory when we are ding it!!!
Aug 30, 2011 1:08 PM

Mar 2011
Oh. My. God.

This show is f-ing fantastic.
Aug 30, 2011 1:10 PM

Aug 2007
W-wait, then who was Okabe's first kiss with? Daru? XD Damn, awesome Kurisu x Okarin scenes. Whatthe, WWIII...
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Aug 30, 2011 1:10 PM

Dec 2010
RyuKirin said:

I agree. The scene felt sudden even though the two characters have known each other. The first kiss not subtle at all, awkward and even felt force. But I can forgive them a little because the second kiss is much better time, executed, etc.

Still, the anime was light hearted and alright in episodes 1-13 or so. Then it sort of loses steam in all this save Mayuri and save Kurisu drama. Luckily hopefully world war 3 is exciting. I have a feeling Okarin will see Kurisu again because of that hehe as I'm sure some of you is also guessing at. :)

If there wasn't so many shitty anime out there I would have given steins gates a 6 or 7/10. But I guess it's alright, and watchable though sometimes kind of tiring from the time travelings.
Aug 30, 2011 1:12 PM

Jan 2008
Best. Episode. Ever.

That's all I can say for now...
Aug 30, 2011 1:12 PM

Nov 2009
DragonsWhip said:
W-wait, then who was Okabe's first kiss with?

Moeka. Poor guy.
*tries not to burst laughing*
Aug 30, 2011 1:13 PM

Jun 2009
Love Steins;Gate. Best Anime 2011!

Cant wait for the next episode. :)
Aug 30, 2011 1:21 PM

Jul 2009
This so far has been a truly spectacular series, and from what I have seen also strays away minorly from the visual novel.

I shed tears at the end, and as far as the rest is concerned, I should suspect 2 episodes will definitely wrap things up nicely.

This is possibly one of the greatest shows I have seen, at the very least marking in the top ten. Best anime of 2011 at the very least.
Aug 30, 2011 1:23 PM

Jan 2008
bakuramariks said:
DragonsWhip said:

Moeka. Poor guy.

Did he also kissed Ruka? I kind of forgot..
Aug 30, 2011 1:25 PM

Dec 2010
SwordWielder said:
bakuramariks said:
DragonsWhip said:

Moeka. Poor guy.

Did he also kissed Ruka? I kind of forgot..

He hugged Ruka when Ruka was a girl I think... no kiss.

Forgot to mention, the new ED is so slick sounding! I want it bad haha.
Aug 30, 2011 1:28 PM

Dec 2010
bakuramariks said:
Archie74, haha, i was about to stop it but i decided to hear the song and then i heard some noise... I thought it was from the video file, lol.

The next one will be a storm.

I know what you mean lol. I left it on because I noticed it was a different song, and had the video playing in the background while updating my list, then heard the noise and thought "Sigh, is the file corrupted or something?" and went back to the video and saw that it was another scene. :P

and I agree with you Justmiff, it's in my Top 10 and Best Anime of 2011 by a long shot. :P
Aug 30, 2011 1:30 PM

Mar 2009
RyuKirin said:

Quote. Worst episode ever.
❝ throughout heaven and earth,
I alone am the honored one. ❞

My candies! (●'◡'●)ノ♥
Aug 30, 2011 1:32 PM
May 2011
TetrisMess said:
I want to have sex with someone who talks about time travel and relativity theory when we are ding it!!!

To be able to time travel would mean the ability to have sex as many times as you want ._.
ban1o.jpg
Aug 30, 2011 1:34 PM
Jun 2009
goddamn thats sad

Aug 30, 2011 1:36 PM

Sep 2010
I didnt think they'd be able to finish according to vn, but now...they might accually finish with 2 episodes left
Aug 30, 2011 1:39 PM

Jun 2010
That was really sad. I feel like watching that episode later just so I can cry. Almost did cry. They made it over 1% but now another problem awaits them. And here I thought the last two episode were going to be alternative endings.

Aug 30, 2011 1:39 PM
Jan 2011
Someone could spoiler me if Kurisu will possible return?
Aug 30, 2011 1:43 PM

Nov 2010
Oh, God. This is BS. WTF's up with this WWIII thing? Man, and I was just talking to myself how they where concluding the series... Worst ep ever.

Btw, Okabe's first kiss was on Moeka ;D When he just pretended they where f**kcing there brains out
Aug 30, 2011 1:46 PM

Feb 2011
I'm having a lot of trouble composing my thoughts into words here. Damn, that was the episode equivalent of a bomb. I was like, no, they can't top the episode before. And they FUCKING DO. Words can't even describe how I feel about this episode. I had to take a break in the middle to recover.
Aug 30, 2011 1:46 PM

May 2010
Saving Kurisu meant the killings of Mayuri(constantly), Suzuha, Rumiho's dad, Moeka & Mr. Braun. Saving Mayuri meant World War 3? wtf? Which one is the right choice? lol. Anyways, I suppose this was a decent episode for most of the development with Okarin & the plot, didn't care too much for the romance of the two, since i'm not fond of Kurisu but w/e.

Also, So fucking happy Suzuha returns next ep :) Last two episode should be extremely good.
Aug 30, 2011 1:48 PM

Jan 2011
Um, yeah, i cried... T-T

I'm pathetic XD

I REALLY want him to save Kurisu!!! He BETTER save her!!!

And he has to stop WWIII now?
Man he's got a lot to do!

Amazing episode!!
Aug 30, 2011 1:55 PM
Aug 2011
To all the haters saying this was the worst episode ever.

This has been the only episode all series to have anything to do with -love-, so deal with it, and it doesn't detract from the experience!

people complaining about the abrupt WW3 thing, can you read? People are saying it's straight out the VN, so shaddap. >_>

anyways looking forward to the next episode, It's all coming full circle! :D
Pages (17) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - May 17, 2011

309 by DmtTrean »»
Apr 9, 12:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - May 3, 2011

280 by Mahmoud636363 »»
Apr 9, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Jul 19, 2011

455 by wailamnice »»
Mar 31, 6:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.