MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Japan's Weekly DVD & CD Rankings for Aug 22 - 28
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» News Discussion »» Japan's Weekly DVD & CD Rankings for Aug 22 - 28

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]
08-30-11, 10:58 AM

HAHAHA I was waiting for this list XD I knew Natsuki's character song CD and T&B's CD would sell well LOL In just one week, Natsuki's CD surpassed Syo's chara song sales already XD I'm so happy atm <3 Also, happy for T&B's blu-ray sales :D~

08-30-11, 11:14 AM

jmal said:
Kalamity-kun said:
So does that mean the Tegami Bachi ranked 31 out of 39 DvDs released? If so, that makes me sad.

No, not every disc released gets ranked. Only ones that sell in the top 'x' amount. Tegami Bachi was #76 overall (dtshyk is including only the anime numbering) out of however many DVDs came out in Japan this week. Probably a couple hundred.

That was a good story. I hope this supposedly poor sale performance doesn't degrade the mangaka's morale.

Low sales, yes, but I'm not convinced Tegami Bachi was a franchise depending on disc sales. If it were, they never would have made a second season, no less a two cour one after two cour already being animated. I'm sure it was more an advertisement for the manga than anything else.

Thank you for the informative reply.

08-30-11, 12:04 PM

Cirris said:
Hoppy said:
Meeatcookies said:

*4, 21,122 21,122 IS: Infinite Stratos vol.5
How can an average harem/ecchi show sell better than Stein's Gate? I would expect to see it at the end, not the top of the sales list.

IS is the Twilight of harem/ecchi/romcom anime.

When you have a double teaming of Kana Hanazawa and Yoko Hikasa as the seiyuu it was bound to get lots of sales.

I look for Ro-Kyu-Bu to get similar numbers even though is a loli anime.
>Moshidora
Aryashine!

08-30-11, 1:41 PM

starry sky is up there...=_____= im surprised ppl buy that series
mukuro-sama♥ hibari-sama♥fon-sama♥
My top wanted things:
1. Yato umbrellas!!
2. Mukuro's left eye
3. LEON!!! (KHR)

08-30-11, 1:45 PM

darknessneko said:

Especially after the plagiarism and disgrace of the author, the poor dear why did you do it.

08-30-11, 2:20 PM

darknessneko said:

::shrugs:: It's not like it's a big hit. It's averaging 3-4k. Very... average.
Anime sales website at http://www.someanithing.com/

08-30-11, 2:47 PM

A-Channel...why can you not be higher? ;_;

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16
My Youtube | The Underrated Anime Club

08-30-11, 3:17 PM

Retro8bit said:
A-Channel...why can you not be higher? ;_;

It's doing well enough for a cute slice of life school comedy from a new studio. Not that I'd mind it being higher, as I think it's a very good show.

Vol. 1 - 6,334 (DVD 1594 / BD 4740)
Vol. 2 - 5,461 (DVD 1312 / BD 4149)
Vol. 3 - 5,240 (DVD 1353 / BD 3887)
Vol. 4 - *,*** (DVD 1253 / BD number on Thursday with the full list)

I'm guessing about 3600-3700 BDs, so 4,900 or 5,000 total or so. Figure after all six volumes are out, an average of about 5,200. Odds are still pretty good for a sequel especially when it's Studio Gokumi's first show. Certainly seems like there must be more material left, with the first season not going for any kind of conclusion.

08-30-11, 5:36 PM
News Team
dtshyk said:

13, *9,416 *9,416 Ao no Exorcist "In My World"
19, *6,536 *6,536 Hayate no Gotoku! Heaven Is a Place on Earth movie "Heaven is a Place on Earth"
22, *6,019 *6,109 Kamisama no Memochou "Asunaro"
32, *3,905 13,053 Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Character Song by Sho
37, *3,313 *3,313 Working!! Character Song by Hiroomi
39, *3,197 *3,197 Working!! Character Song by Jun

Yay~
Modified by tsubasalover, 08-30-11, 5:47 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

08-30-11, 8:45 PM

No comment on Singles or Blu-Ray sales, but for DVDs:

I'm glad that AnoHana and A-Channel are on there. It's good to see them doing well. Also, good for One Piece for being further up now.

I'm a little surprised at My Neighbor Totoro. Studio Ghibli's usually higher than that.

I'm really surprised about Karigurashi no Arrietty, though. I could have sworn it's been in the top 5 at least for I don't even know how long now. Obviously it's doing well if it made the charts, but still; seems like that was a far fall.

I'm happy that Bleach: Jigokuhen is on there. I've been waiting for too long to see it, and it's already on DVD. ^_^

08-31-11, 12:49 AM

Ahh.. One Piece. How it always should be.

09-03-11, 2:58 AM

Goosey said:
Madoka is bringing in the motherload for SHAFT. I'm expecting great quality from Kizumonogatari and not BS excuses about a crappy budget like they did with Bakemono.

Real problem for Bakemonogatari was actually scheduling, not budget. That is STILL the case for any Shafted screw-ups we usually see.

09-03-11, 3:25 PM

Forest-kun said:
I'm a little surprised at My Neighbor Totoro. Studio Ghibli's usually higher than that.

Huh? It's been on the rankings for well over 500 weeks. You should be amazed it's even there, especially in a week with such a high sales threshold. =P

I'm really surprised about Karigurashi no Arrietty, though. I could have sworn it's been in the top 5 at least for I don't even know how long now. Obviously it's doing well if it made the charts, but still; seems like that was a far fall.

I think you're getting confused by the weekly nature of the charts. The sales are just for what it sold *this week*. Most releases only chart once or twice then disappear. Obviously Ghibli movies have mainstream appeal and last longer but they don't chart every single well (unless its Totoro...)

The reason their weekly ranking might be lower than in other weeks is because way more stuff came out this week. The last week or two of the month is when the next volume of new series tend to come out, and of course a new release in its firs week will usually outsell something else in its 2nd or 15th or 500th week.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices