MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Dog Anime?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime & Manga Recommendations »» Dog Anime?

08-29-11, 6:50 PM

I'm looking for anime that has dogs(or wolves or foxes) has main characters.I'm fine with them talking or not talking.

Examples of What I've Liked with Talking Dogs:
White Heart Baekgu(involves several dogs that interact with and talk to each other)
Ginga Densetsu Weed (same as above)
Ginga Nagareboshi Gin (same as above)
Massugu ni Ikou (same again)
Wolf's Rain(they were in human form,but they also sometimes went into animal form)

Examples of What I've Liked With Non-talking Dogs:
Call of the Wild: Howl, Buck (involves several dogs that interact with each other even though they don't talk)

Examples of Shows I Wanted to Watch With Dogs but have never been fansubbed:
Wan Wan Chuusinguura(a cast of talking dogs)
Fortune Dogs(a cast of talking dogs)
White Fang Story(dogs that interact with each other even though they don't talk)
King Fang (a cast of several non-talking dogs that interact with each other)
Call of the Wild series(not related to the anime movie I've seen)(?)
Wansa-kun(a cast of talking dogs that interact with each other)
Heisei Period Dog Tale Bow(?)
Meiken Lassie (?)

Examples of What I'm Not looking for:
Ones were dogs/foxes/wolves are only supporting characters: Kekkaishi,Fruits Basket,Cowboy Bebop,Full Metal Alchemist,Naruto,etc.

Ones that are just human characters with dog/fox/wolf tails or ears
InuYasha, Inukami! , Yu Yu Hakusho,Spice and Wolf,etc.
Modified by caninesrock, 09-02-11, 7:04 PM
Avatar is a screenshot from White Heart Baekgu
Images on banner are from:Spirited Away, Juuni Kokuki, and xxxholic.

08-30-11, 12:19 AM

Nnurarihyon no Mago has some dog characters in it, too bad they're the antagonists.. XD

Also try Yu Yu Hakusho. One of the main characters, is a half human half demon fox (yes it's a fox, but if you ask me, it looks just like a dog. LOL. Just like Inu Yasha) :D

08-30-11, 5:27 PM

ArchVince said:
Nnurarihyon no Mago has some dog characters in it, too bad they're the antagonists.. XD

Also try Yu Yu Hakusho. One of the main characters, is a half human half demon fox (yes it's a fox, but if you ask me, it looks just like a dog. LOL. Just like Inu Yasha) :D

Thanks. I don't know about Nnurarihyon but Yu Yu Hakusho just has a guy with fox ears though. He's not actually a fox.

09-02-11, 6:52 PM

Anyone? It doesn't matter what genre as long as it has a dog in it. It has to be an actual dog(or wolf or fox) and not just a person with dog/wolf/fox ears.

09-02-11, 6:55 PM

inb4 furfag...

Eh, aside from the series you already mentioned, I am at a loss.

Maybe Lisnoire will come around and help you if I whistle? :P
Forums make me sick.

09-02-11, 7:15 PM

I think you've seen them. Really and truly, I think you've seen them all.

09-02-11, 7:23 PM

Tobimaru in Sword of the Stranger (Movie).
Sadaharu in Gintama. Though he may not be a main character, he gets plenty of screen time.

You got plenty of series on your PTW list to involves canines.

09-03-11, 6:23 PM

Paul said:
Tobimaru in Sword of the Stranger (Movie).
Sadaharu in Gintama. Though he may not be a main character, he gets plenty of screen time.

You got plenty of series on your PTW list to involves canines.

Really? Which ones? Is it actual canines or just people with dog/fox/wolf-ears that you are talking about?

09-04-11, 12:17 PM

You could give Toriko a try.....the main character Toriko's animal companion whom he travels around the world with is a Wolf named Terry. I forgot what episode she/he is introduced in...somewhere around the first few episodes I know. Terry is also a main character in the series..

Wagaya no Oinari-sama the main character Kuugen is a fox spirit...she/he has a male and female form that they can change into with ears and a tail that is human looking but also has a complete fox form that he/she often changes into...

Kind of a kiddie anime but I enjoyed it...Monster Rancher...one of the main characters Tiger is a talking wolf

And lastly Soul Hunter...One of the main characters Youzen has a dog whom he rides on while he travels and often uses him in fights...
Modified by Abbyrose, 09-04-11, 1:30 PM

09-04-11, 12:33 PM

Dog Days comes to mind, though I have no idea what is it about. Also, Kanokon is another one I have heard of (girl turns into a wolf; a disgusting concept for me, but hey, if that is your cup of tea . . .).
"There are no miracles in this world; there are only accidents, inevitabilities, and what you are going to do. That is it." - Himura Yuu
"Who the hell are you, bastard!?" - Bandit "Giving one's name to someone about to die is meaningless." - Hiko Seijurou
"A sword is a weapon. Swordsmanship is learning how to kill. No pretty words you say will change that." - Hiko Seijurou

09-04-11, 3:59 PM

AnnoKano said:
inb4 furfag...

Eh, aside from the series you already mentioned, I am at a loss.

Maybe Lisnoire will come around and help you if I whistle? :P

If you whistle . . . . dogs . . . Hey! You callin' me names??? <grin>

Not this time. The only one I've seen is Wolf's Rain and Spice and Wolf. More of a cat person myself. ;-)

There is a classic called Dog of Flanders . . . . ??? Nope. You've already see it.
Junkers, Come Home . . . .???? Nope. You've already seen it.

Sorry.
Modified by lisnoire, 09-04-11, 4:06 PM
-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Active Military, Prior Service, and Veteran's Anime Club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=25937&time=1299710079

06-23-14, 11:29 AM

I know this forum is old but have you ever seen Arashi No Yoru Ni? I'm not sure if it's what you are looking for but I really enjoyed it:)

Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices