MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Shion no Ou Episode 22 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Shion no Ou »» Shion no Ou Episode 22 Discussion

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
View Poll Results: Shion no Ou Episode 22 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

43 72.88%
4 out of 5: Liked it

8 13.56%
3 out of 5: It was OK

5 8.47%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

1 1.69%
1 out of 5: Hated it

2 3.39%
Voters: 59

04-16-12, 6:50 AM

I honestly didn't expect much of this series, but boy did it get me hooked. Marathoned the whole series since I have free time today, and I'm left with wanting more! I loved the tension, and only realised Hani-meijin was the murderer the last 5 eps more or less. I didn't really like his motive though, kinda farfetched that he'd murder the family just so that Shion would get better, which would in turn make Hani-meijin better. I don't really get why he wanted to kill Satoru's fiance (forgot her name), and why she was scared of him when he appeared at her door, since they were close enough for her to call him onii-san. If he intended for her to die so that Shion would have nobody left, just like him, why didn't he kill the Yasuoka family as well? :/

The thing with Nikkaido didn't really end that well too. Cause it seemed like she really liked Hani-meijin and all, yet her reaction was normal when they arrested him. There was that one episode also that some other players pointed out that Hani-meijin must love/care for her in a special way, so what happened to that?

Either way, 10/10 for me cause it's been awhile since I've really gotten this into an anime. Will probs drop down to 8 or 9 soon though haha. Good series, loveddd it.

10-12-12, 1:43 PM

Man this is one of the best animes i ever saw in my life. Its definitely a top 10. Im not an animation freak but damn this story was brilliant. Shion is one of the few how to do a strong female character with emotion perfectly.

10/10

I wish we can get more female leads in anime that acts like Shion strong, not weak willed, but has emotion.

12-23-12, 2:06 AM

sports/detective/tranny is an unusual combination of genre and yet it blends well together. did not expect that he was the culprit. the series did a great job on leading us to other characters that was a false culprit. the golden moment when she spoke again was very rewarding. kinda wish there is a 2nd season to her journey of being the (first?) female meijin. I dont know anything about shougi i wish they at least explain some of the things they were doing than just having these "reactions." Its very niche appealed. I could have enjoyed the series more if I knew what was going on.

Okaa-san poppin' poppin' her collar out of 10.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU

03-04-13, 5:48 PM

Absolutely fantastic!
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro

03-14-13, 6:54 PM

Happy Ending! Yay!! :D

It was a nice episode, seeing Shion beat the meijin dude in shougi was great.

And I got teary from hearing Shion speak for herself against hani.

but the scene with Satoru and hani speaking/fighting with each other, the animation was really crappy.

Great series. very great. 9/10

Team CC~!~

10-23-13, 8:37 PM

So glad Shion won that match. And yay, she's talking again! Anyways, rating this a 6/10. I was more into the mystery rather than the games itself from this series. Also, seems like the other supporting characters from the beginning began to lose roles as this series progressed :/

Great themes though.

02-05-14, 8:58 PM

It was a good show. But I honestly don't like the meijin's shallow reason/motive to kill Shion's parents. It was so stupid...but he's not right in the head so I guess that's to be expected.
Words to live by:

"If I can do it tomorrow, I won't do it today"
-- Toshinou Kyouko

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices